• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
no Spring OT?

Mandoric is singlehandedly writing, animating, and voicing an entire Monogatari episode full of AnimeGAF reference humor utilizing hundred-layered kanji puns. He would have been done by now but he decided to go back and add extra crease lines to all of duckroll's pantyshots.

CorvoSol

You can't say slam dunk without saying COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

THIS SLAM OF MINE IS JAMMING RED! IT'S LOUD SPACE IS TELLING ME TO DUNK YOU.

TAKE THIS! MY LAYUPS, MY 3-POINTERS, AND ALL MY TRAVELLING!

SLAMMING FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Link Man

Banned
Yuyushiki 3

ib1f6wLg7E2baj.jpg

ib199N8zBEZon0.jpg

ibb0uwzkAyJjZU.jpg

Well, I believe I've tempered my expectations a bit. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it for what it is, which is something nice, but not extraordinary. But man, it can be a bit stupid at times too.

Soma

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Ep. 01

Eh, I liked it. Not really expecting much out of it though.

Will (probably) continue watching for Mayumi.

Gazoinks

Galaxy Express 999 9
yrqfTB3l.jpg

Maetel, that describes every single place you've been to so far

The dangers of poor people generosity. This episode underscored Tetsuro's naivete and how, in his situation, being kind-hearted isn't necessarily a good thing.
Although I don't know why he didn't bring his gun! Why is he shy about killing people all of a sudden! His body count is like a dozen!

Branduil

Happy Birthday, Inochi Kagayaku Toki

Well, that was really hard to watch. I liked the emphasis on the believable psychological struggles of the children, although, this being a movie, everything wrapped up much nicer than they almost ever do in real life.

I did find the bully-is-actually-bullied-himself cliche a bit silly, especially with that contrived "accident" scene. It's true that some people bully because they've been victimized as well, but there are also a lot of bullies who are just terrible people because they've never had to learn empathy.

THIS SLAM OF MINE IS JAMMING RED! IT'S LOUD SPACE IS TELLING ME TO DUNK YOU.

TAKE THIS! MY LAYUPS, MY 3-POINTERS, AND ALL MY TRAVELLING!

SLAMMING FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Corvo don't believe in the me that believes in your jam.

BELIEVE IN THE YOU THAT BELIEVES IN YO SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGA SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMER

Blade & Soul 1 - Boring. Dropped.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 1 - As I remember the manga I tried. Not terrible.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Woofdawg swoons*

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 06-09

And so that brings the Phantom Blood arc to a close. A bit of a bittersweet ending for Johnathan, but at least Dio is gone for good
ahahahahahahaha.
Dio did some sick shit as a villain, but I guess that was the entire point. Dio's speech about Johnathan was dangerously borderline lust in tone, even if that totally wasn't the intention. Regardless, it was a fun ride. Now then...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 10

... Joseph, you're after my heart. But where the hell did you get a Tommy Gun?

CorvoSol

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 06-09

And so that brings the Phantom Blood arc to a close. A bit of a bittersweet ending for Johnathan, but at least Dio is gone for good
ahahahahahahaha.
Dio did some sick shit as a villain, but I guess that was the entire point. Dio's speech about Johnathan was dangerously borderline lust in tone, even if that totally wasn't the intention. Regardless, it was a fun ride. Now then...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 10

... Joseph, you're after my heart. But where the hell did you get a Tommy Gun?

One learns not to ask Joseph questions. The Tommy Gun is the last practical weapon choice he ever makes.

wsippel

Banned
So, I guess I like Nisio Isin if Medaka Box is anything to go by, and I think I like Shaft's style if Dance in the Vampire Bund is any indication - should I look into the Monogatari series? And if, should I start with Kizumonogatari (which appears to be the first season as far as I can tell?) or something else?

cajunator

Banned
No, but let's put it this way: yuri fans have almost monolithically rejected the season.

Have they? I hadnt heard of this.

Is it wrong if I get disappointed since I don't tend to see that many 'translator's note' anymore?

Translators notes shouldnt even be a thing unless printed in a booklet.

So, I guess I like Nisio Isin if Medaka Box is anything to go by, and I think I like Shaft's style if Dance in the Vampire Bund is any indication - should I look into the Monogatari series? And if, should I start with Kizumonogatari (which appears to be the first season as far as I can tell?) or something else?

YES. If youl ike those things youll love Monogatari.

Watch it in airing order starting with Bakemonogatari. Kizumonogatari doesn't exist in animated form.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 1

Nope, couldn't do it. Even if it's premature, I have to declare this guy this season's Benio:

w4t9OSrl.jpg

One-note pervert shtick scene destroyer.

Even if not for him, there was enough manzai and shouting and stuttering freakouts over mere proximity to a female that I've had what I can stand. The production qualities are impressive and the purple, bloom-accented color palette especially so, and it's a shame that it's all in service to something that feels unambitiously otaku-oriented.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Toradora Episode 15
Kitamura is acting like a real BITCH right now if he is having the problem I think he's having

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Mandoric is singlehandedly writing, animating, and voicing an entire Monogatari episode full of AnimeGAF reference humor utilizing hundred-layered kanji puns. He would have been done by now but he decided to go back and add extra crease lines to all of duckroll's pantyshots.

That's the best thing ever

Dresden

noragami - 12

Good end. It feels like something that belongs to the series proper, a side story that fleshes out the characters rather than the original addition that it is. Impressed by the job they did here with the time they had left, rather than leaving things unresolved or doing so in a half assed way. Is this the best show out of bones in the last few years? Sure feels like it.

I do wish Rabo had been handled with a bit more ambiguity. He went full Evil at the end, instead of remaining as an echo/reminder of what Yato was (or if you read the manga, what Yato still is). Would have been a stronger finish that way.

tl;dr version: evil troll kugimiya is the best.

Theonik

Theonik is in a horror yuri manga.
Zawa
theonik is in a slice of life hentai doujinshi.
Zawa Zawa

Theonik is the Ojou-Sama.
I better have drills and an OHOHO
theonik is the Vampire.
I'm OK with these outcomes.

It's horrifying but not surprising that they have a word for this.
To be precise, it means "smooth above and underneath".

ibbvBASO2bsG4Y.png

Thanks. Just noticed that Kizumonogatari is a movie and hasn't even been released yet, so... where do I start?

EDIT: Thanks Basileus.

To clarify, Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari->Monogatari Series Second Season are all direct sequels that should be watched in that order. And then there's the short Nekomonogatari Kuro series that chronologically takes place before Bakemonogatari, but should probably be watched anytime after Bakemonogatari. The Kizumonogatari movie has been stuck in limbo for years and who knows when it will ever come out.

Kokoro Connect - Series Review

Well this was a good anime to put it plain and simple. Take a group of friends and have a supernatural antagonist start to fuck shit up when ultimately ends in
growth for all characters involved.

Would love to see more of this anime, but unfortunately stupidity took hold on some of the seiyuu which resulted in an Internet-led boycott of bluray sales killing all chance of an adaptation of the rest of the LN, though where they ended it atleast brought closure to the romance.

I do feel that Iori's drama
was way too long as it covered 2 arcs atleast out of 4, but then again there's the whole boycott to consider so I assume it wouldn't be so bad if the LN was fully adapted, oh well

But the most important aspect of this show is... BEST GIRL FUCKING WON!!!!!

It's ok. He's a male character, so no one will defend him.

It is a shame that none of the new shows that aired today were any good. Though I suppose there is still Akuma no Riddle.

Shots fired

Jokes aside all he had to mention, besides Benio, was the whole nervous goofballery and Beta male reactions.Any desire I had to watch the show has now left my system. You guys will have to let me know if this gets better later on.

wsippel

Banned
To clarify, Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari->Monogatari Series Second Season are all direct sequels that should be watched in that order. And then there's the short Nekomonogatari Kuro series that chronologically take place before Bakemonogatari, but should probably be watched anytime after Bakemonogatari. The Kizumonogatari movie has been stuck in limbo for years and who knows when it will ever come out.
Got it, will start with Bakemonogatari then. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom