• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

ibgDtjKF5F4zzC.png

エリート部隊(スクワッド)2:敵はもう一つある

Fixed that for youMAL.

I was greatly amused by your review of エリート部隊(スクワッド)2:敵はもう一つある.

How about you give Michiko to Hatchin a spin? It's an anime set in a fictional Brazil, the background and the music are great, the story drags a little in the second part and the heroine is an anti-hero too...I can't really imagine a normal hero for us, my perfect image of a brazilian hero(in anime) before Michiko was the Desert Punk from Desert Punk.

cnet128

Banned
ibnpotngMJA7CP.png

That's too much, I can't >_<

I KNOW RIGHT.

Hinata is mai waifu and the cutest Hanazawa character ever. Ruri is also excellent waifu material and pretty damn high on the Hanazawa character rankings. And Tamaki is a bundle of adorable.

Basically this is the greatest family ever featured in an anime.

Someone should make an AnimeGAF AOTY Shindanmaker.

Your wish is my command. I'm working on one of these, I'll post it shortly.

(I know you specified a format later on, but I don't care and I'm just going to do my own thing =p Also that means I don't step on madp's toes so much if he does end up doing one too.)

cnet128 is in a action shounen manga.

Well, that's boring.

789shadow is in a gender bender shoujo manga.

Um

Awwwww, I want that one.

cnet128 is the Seitokaichou.

Mehhhhhhhhhhh.

Well then, do I (or Lantis, rather) have a treat for you: here's the full song music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRAOr8WbXY

Curse you GEMA!

(They block everything on YouTube that has any signs of music here in Germany. Good thing I'll be out of the country for a while starting tomorrow.)

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 1

Right now it feels like a poor man's Sakurasou.

I avoided the comparison to Sakurasou in my impressions because it seemed too obvious (I mean, they both have titles based on the name of an apartment complex for starters), but I figured someone would bring it up even if I didn't xp

Actual opinion on WIXOSS:

KViN on twitter described it as a mix of Yu-Gi-Oh, Fantasista Doll, and GeneiTaiyo, and, as hopefully the only person here who's seen enough of all three to know what this means, I assure everyone that it is a terrifying assertion to make. It's also shockingly accurate, however at least for now only in a mechanical and vaguely thematic sense, lacking the specific incompetencies that made Fantasista and GeneiTaiyo so horrible.

Hey, Fantasista Doll wasn't horrible! It was just disappointingly average.

But yeah, some kind of cross between Fantasista Doll and Gen'ei Taiyou sounds like pretty much exactly what I was expecting from this series. I may have even phrased it in exactly those words at some point. Hopefully it ends up better than either of them.

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior Episode 1

Really the show is being make by Sumiko who is straddling that difficult lovable pervert tightrope rather well and Shirosaki who might just be one of the best old lady characters ever.

I think you might want to check those names again XD

Nope, couldn't do it. Even if it's premature, I have to declare this guy this season's Benio:

w4t9OSrl.jpg

One-note pervert shtick scene destroyer.

But he was the best part!

...So I guess we can add "divisive" to his Benio similarities =p

the short Nekomonogatari Kuro series that chronologically takes place before Bakemonogatari, but should probably be watched anytime after Bakemonogatari.

Well, I would further specify that it should probably be watched before Second Season.

cajunator

Banned
I KNOW RIGHT.

Hinata is mai waifu and the cutest Hanazawa character ever. Ruri is also excellent waifu material and pretty damn high on the Hanazawa character rankings. And Tamaki is a bundle of adorable.

Hey, Fantasista Doll wasn't horrible! It was just disappointingly average.

But yeah, some kind of cross between Fantasista Doll and Gen'ei Taiyou sounds like pretty much exactly what I was expecting from this series. I may have even phrased it in exactly those words at some point. Hopefully it ends up better than either of them.

I agree they are a super adorable family in Oreimo. Some of my favorite parts.

I liked those two shows kind of, so I might enjoy the new one.

Also, I put my name in that harem shindanmaker and got "cajunator is the Vampire."

cnet128

Banned
Aaaaaand here's my take on the AOTY Shindan.

http://en.shindanmaker.com/441433

This year's AOTY is a two-cour sequel to Jojo with terrifying incestuous fanservice, animated by KyoAni and directed by Tetsuro Araki. At least half of the episodes were finished in time for airing.

(Incidentally, did ShindanMaker lift its character limit restrictions at some point? I could have sworn it wouldn't allow me to post one this long last time I tried it out.)

EDIT: That one up there was for "cnet128", I'll also post the one for just "cnet" because it's more entertaining:

This year's AOTY is basically a genderflipped Kodomo no Jikan with added incestuous undertones, animated by A-1 Pictures and directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara. Many people are already pretending it never existed.

...Looking at the common element between the two, I can only conclude that even ShindanMaker thinks I'm all about incest =/

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Nope, couldn't do it. Even if it's premature, I have to declare this guy this season's Benio:

w4t9OSrl.jpg

One-note pervert shtick scene destroyer.

Even if not for him, there was enough manzai and shouting and stuttering freakouts over mere proximity to a female that I've had what I can stand. The production qualities are impressive and the purple, bloom-accented color palette especially so, and it's a shame that it's all in service to something that feels unambitiously otaku-oriented.

I told y'all it was bad!

bogstandard set-up that self-implodes by throwing some of the worst tropes into the fray right from the start. terrible pervert character that does nothing but drag the show down? Ridiculous imbalanced set up which has no point other than to see the mc beaten up for accidentally doing anything? the protagonist falls apart at the mere thought of a woman?
all here and more~

Gbraga

I KNOW RIGHT.

Kuroneko's voice makes my heart go crazy. I REALLY wasn't ready for
her ridiculously adorable confession
. It's really impressive how much she grew on me, the OVAs were so HGNGNGNGNGNHNGNGNN

I might have to buy another PSP when the fan translation for that game comes out, I need to see every route to the end.

It's hard to get too mad though when whoever wins Kyousuke's heart is a great choice.

Bombless

Nobunagun END
That was a fun series, unexpectedly so. Tons of action, a little bit of plot here and there and a heavy sprinkling of humour with some :SDBurton thrown in the mix.

Now that it's over I definitely would like to see more of this.

Nobunaga ZA FUURU 12

I have to admit I lost interest in this over time, but I keep catching up to it when I find myself with nothing better to do. It's still watchable, I'd say the show picks up again. Will definitely keep watching, in groups of 2 or 3 episodes.

The ED continues to be awesome.

cajunator

Banned
188317x2swj.jpg

An image of Taito's Kurumi figure painted has shown up on MFC, but it's too small to tell whether it's any good or not. Can't seem to find a larger image anywhere annoyingly.

Ill probably get every Kurumi that companies make (if I like it)
Maybe build a nice little shrine to her.

Kuroneko's voice makes my heart go crazy. I REALLY wasn't ready for
her ridiculously adorable confession
. It's really impressive how much she grew on me, the OVAs were so HGNGNGNGNGNHNGNGNN

I might have to buy another PSP when the fan translation for that game comes out, I need to see every route to the end.

It's hard to get too mad though when whoever wins Kyousuke's heart is a great choice.

Shes so elegantly adorable. thats why I have 5 figurines of her. And they just keep making even more cute ones.

BluWacky

I don't normally indulge in Shindanmaker results, but:

This year's AOTY is a two-cour sequel to Earth Maiden Arjuna with over-the-top gender-swapping butts, animated by Trigger and directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, which nobody actually watched.

I can give or take the arses, but... this actually sounds scarily like something I would obsess over in an unhealthy fashion :p

Gbraga

Shes so elegantly adorable. thats why I have 5 figurines of her. And they just keep making even more cute ones.

I can totaly understand you, cajun TT_TT

It really breaks my heart that Kyou let go of her after that confession, it REALLY does, but there's nothing he can do, he loves his imouto >_<

It doesn't help that she's also super cute and has gone full dere now. He needs to stop playing with people's emotions though, Ayase is getting hooked and he clearly only has eyes for Kirino.

Quasar

The characters in this are pretty obnoxious. I can't say I enjoyed this episode, but I'll give it some more time to see if it settles down. Right now it feels like a poor man's Sakurasou.

Well I don't much like the room mate, but thats about it. That said it does lack someone as nice as nanami, who was almost the only character on that show I liked.

jgminto

Nobunagun END
That was a fun series, unexpectedly so. Tons of action, a little bit of plot here and there and a heavy sprinkling of humour with some :SDBurton thrown in the mix.

Now that it's over I definitely would like to see more of this.

Heh, Jack says otherwise.

This sounds like AnimeGaf's worst nightmare.

This year's AOTY is basically a genderflipped Hyouka with no loli butts, animated by NeoGainax with music by Hiroyuki Sawano. Many people are already pretending it never existed.

Sawano is a perfect fit for Hyouka though.

Let's not get confused, here. Lodoss is not generic, 'generic' in this medium was modeled after Lodoss. Lodoss defined generic for this genre, at least in the east.

Lodoss is a generic DnD ripoff. The qualifier of "in the east" is completely meaningless given its inspiration. The story and characters wouldn't even qualify for a bad Dragonlance novel. It's bog standard fantasy and was even in the early 90s. It's about as original as the next incest themed LN.

Quasar

This year's AOTY is essentially a deconstruction of Sword Art Online with no loli fanservice, animated by NeoGainax and directed by Shinichiro Watanabe. Despite all this, the highlight is the Sugita-voiced protagonist.

NeoGainax is popular.

cajunator

Banned
Let's not get confused, here. Lodoss is not generic, 'generic' in this medium was modeled after Lodoss. Lodoss defined generic for this genre, at least in the east.

Truth. Kinda like how shows like Love Hina and Tenchi are generic despite being the popularizing pioneers of the harem genre pretty much. They are generic because they set the mold to begin with.

Narag

This year's AOTY is the first half of a split-cour sequel to pupa with disturbing loli mecha, animated by Deen with an original story by Reki Kawahara. At least half of the episodes were finished in time for airing.
Amazing.

Narag

Lodoss is a generic DnD ripoff. The qualifier of "in the east" is completely meaningless given its inspiration. The story and characters wouldn't even qualify for a bad Dragonlance novel. It's bog standard fantasy and was even in the early 90s. It's about as original as the next incest themed LN.

Yeah the plot isn't the strong point of the Lodoss OVA. It's better than the second Dragonlance book though!!

This year's AOTY is a single-episode OVA sequel to Hidamari Sketch with a complete lack of DTL elements, animated by Bones with music by Iwasaki Taku, and streamed by Crunchyroll two weeks late.
huh. Not exactly too strange.

Moonphase 20
Well Kouhei was as useful as a ball in this episode aside from his magic breaking abilities.
Wish Grandpa and Elfriede wouldn't hold off in the sidelines

Moonphase 21
And now comes the reveal that Kouhei's magic breaking ability was very good psychic talent, not that he was so bad at magic.

Gbraga

This year's AOTY is basically a genderflipped Log Horizon with completely unexpected incestuous fetish fuel, animated by SHAFT with music by Hiroyuki Sawano. Nobody is quite sure how it won.

What would be a genderflipped Log Horizon? Other than that, sounds absolutely fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom