• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nagi no Asukara 26

I still find Manaka to be the worst girl in this show by quite a margin.
So both the sea god and hikari didn't notice the feelings properly of those closest to them. they are probably related. At least Sayu and Kaname got together and I assume Chisaki and Tsugumu too.

I really hope Crunchyroll gets the rights to stream the first season too! I've been interested in Mushishi for quite a while.

I think you can watch it for free on Funimation. It's also on their youtube channel. It's 480p but it's still an option.

Gbraga

Brother loving is fine.

I think you can watch it for free on Funimation. It's also on their youtube channel. It's 480p but it's still an option.

480p is rough, but it won't stop me. Thanks for the tip, I think I will.

All of it's on Hulu.
You should check it out in English too, really good.

Thank you too! Ads are a bit of a pain, but can't complain when it's free. I don't think I've ever watched anime in english before, for some reason it feels really weird, even though I prefer games in english most times. It's not my native language, so I guess part of the appeal is lost to me.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi Zoku-shou 1

Yep, this is Mushishi all right. The atmosphere is just sublime, and even the OP feels like a great match for the original series'. I look forward to getting lost in this world for a full season (and then another season later on).

This was a pretty low-key episode all round, and I look forward to seeing some more intense ones later on, but it felt like a good way to start the season (and a good parallel to the first episode of the original series in some ways). And honestly, Mushishi is just great to chill out to no matter what kind of episode it's doing.

jgminto

Mushishi Zoku-Shou 1

There really isn't anything like this show. I didn't mention this while I was watching the first season but the storylines remind me of fables and stories that are told through cultures. There's usually some message or theme at the centre of them too. Also interesting to see the show reintroduce a face that isn't Adashino so soon. I'm still not sure how I feel about changing the OP song but I suppose it's still pretty classy.

Mushishi 16
That's sort of sad. The poor mother that's forgetting her memories
and her husband left them and remarried. What a scumbag. Still sad she still sets up his portion

Sure, but it's still going to be a thread that already has 10,000 posts in it and thus more "intimidating" to people who want to talk about the new season.

Except that animegaf thread are always big so i feel that it's not an issue .

The real intimidating thing is the speed of the thread ( ratio of post/day ) and that's not gonna change anytime soon

CorvoSol

I couldn't disagree more. But then I don't agree much with you when it comes to Macross, we approach the series from completely different directions.

Actually, taking a moment to think about this more now, I think you're right. I'm not sure how to express what direction I'm approaching this from, but I see your point and would add to it that I could stand to change the way I approach episodes a bit.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusader 1

JoJo Hype. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to hear the OP or ED. Guess I'll have to wait a week. It looks great, especially when compared to the old part 3 anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So the thread titles only started getting creative around mid-late 2009.

Around where firehawk et al. joined, yeah.

In time, we will look back fondly on that year and say to ourselves: "Yes, that's when it all started going downhill".

survivor

Banned
Nandaka Velonica 5
8TO60Hc.jpg
Fun episode, nice flying action near the end. Plus the space sequence was pretty visually impressive.

And the simulcast for Ping Pong goes to Funimation.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/452190236249169920
Best pickup of the season

phaze

I wish she hadn't gone into full onii-chan brother complex mode. I hope they fix that in the new ufotable anime. I know Ufotable doesn't want to take full creative liberties but it wouldn't hurt to tone down the brother loving.

But then again having seen Kara no Kyokai, they probably will but not to the extent I want.

Somebody needs to do a PSA for otakus titled 'real relationships with older/little sisters: why you're a sick bastard'

I sure hope so but given what I've heard about the VN, I don't have high hopes.

To find clue on who is Archer, watch episode 1 again

Thanks, will do.

CorvoSol

Clannad 3

b6gAm3N.png

Tsundad is basically the only character I like so far, but the only actual complaint I came here to make is that this show is introducing way too many characters. I'm not at all a fan of massive casts.

Clannad 3

b6gAm3N.png

Tsundad is basically the only character I like so far, but the only actual complaint I came here to make is that this show is introducing way too many characters. I'm not at all a fan of massive casts.

Basically there are only a couple of characters that are important. You can tell its from a LN. You can see the harem candidates, the best friend who no one likes etc etc.

Clannad 3

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/b6gAm3N.png[/IMG]

Nagisa's parents are the best characters in the whole show. Literally the only reason one would ever theoretically choose her is to have her parents as in-laws.

As to your comments on a huge cast, most characters don't play a prominent role. Clannad has the guy, the blonde douche, and the girls surrounding them as the main players and truly the only ones that matter. Clannad AS focuses on even less characters. Shame you hate huge casts though, as some of the greater shows have expansive casts. Gintama for example, but to keep it western there's also the Simpsons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
*shrug*

I don't see what's the problem with him.
It's the Sakura Trick problem. The author has no idea what the character is supposed to be, other than a "trap" who is inexplicably haunted by a girl ghost.

Mushishi - ep1
It's like it's never been away. So good. The restrained use of music is still so amazing in this show.
AotY series. I know there's JoJo and Ping Pong and no doubt other amazing things out this year but goddamn, I love this show.
There's no NeoGAF cat mascot though!

Midonin

To Heart 11-13 + Specials + Final Thoughts

86RODoU.jpg

It's all about the Multi.

The conclusion of her two-parter was really sweet. I liked it more than the Christmas two-parter that followed after, but that also served the purpose of wrapping up the Akari plotline. The love triangle was never turned into too much drama, but since I still have an entire other season to go, I wonder if it'll get brought up again there. For one of the earliest examples of a TV anime based on a visual novel, it still holds up pretty well. The animation relies on a lot of stills, and the pacing is slower, but it never once felt like it was going to lose me.

Multi was by far the best part of the show, but I generally liked all the characters. Lemmy in particular was great for what few scenes she was in. The romance between Akari and Hiroyuki was always there, it was just a matter of them saying it. Even Shiho had to acknowledge that. Animation can change a lot in five years, so when I start on Remember my memories tomorrow, I wonder, visually and compositionally, what the show will look like.

The specials were cute. The last one making a callback to the first episode felt like a nice way to bring things full circle. The bookstore one was the cutest - again, because of Multi.

Articalys

It's the Sakura Trick problem. The author has no idea what the character is supposed to be, other than a "trap" who is inexplicably haunted by a girl ghost.
On the other hand, if this part taken literally was actually the plot things would be more interesting!

----------------------------

Here's the expected Mahouka simulcast announcement from Crunchyroll, just in time for tomorrow. 11:00am PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ream-the-irregular-at-magic-high-school-anime

Quasar

So the ending was right, the flash animator really is shit!

The problem with Nidaime is that it has this gender-queer character that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing with.

I just felt that reflected the confusion in the character. I was fine with Hato. Hell that was my favourite part of Nidaime and I liked it overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom