• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in sports, so I don't know how well a tennis anime would work for me.
Oh, it's not really about tennis, but backbiting, bullying, and dealing with an unyielding authority figure.

It's classic shoujo.

Alternately there's the first Lupin III TV series and Rose of Versailles.

Branduil

Black Lagoon 1

Well the opening was a thing. Not a good thing, but it was definitely a thing.

The localization team obviously had a lot of fun dubbing this.

Noirulus

Cromartie High 1 - 4

It's a bit dull, but there are a few good jokes here and there. Episode 4 is the best so far, Yamaguchi's introspection in the episode was excellent.

Oh, and the OP is chillll.

duckroll

http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=22464

The Gargantia sequel is a 2-part OVA set half a year after the TV series ending. Ledo is back on the Gargantia working under Bellows as a salvage pilot, and there's a new 13 year old girl named Rema who's Amy's junior in the messengers. She came from Kugel's fleet.

The first OVA will be screened in event screenings starting from Fall this year.

LNyJ556.jpg

eqnLjXw.jpg

cajunator

Banned
http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=22464

The Gargantia sequel is a 2-part OVA set half a year after the TV series ending. Ledo is back on the Gargantia working under Bellows as a salvage pilot, and there's a new 13 year old girl named Rema who's Amy's junior in the messengers. She came from Kugel's fleet.

The first OVA will be screened in event screenings starting from Fall this year.

Ledo going after the really young blood now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need to meet my daily quota of crassness.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Log Horizon Episode 25
So good, there are clerly things setting up the next arc coming into effect, and mmm sexy fox lady, my favorite, cannot wait until season 2, which wont come out until the fall.

Damaged

Help Anime GAF!! Just found out that Space Brothers is going on Hiatus and sadly Space dandy is doing nothing for me (though I keep watching for some reason...) so I need a new series to watch.

I have watched and enjoyed:

Cowboy Bebop
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Brothers
Beck (cant overstate how much Ioved this show)
Detroit Metal City
Ghost in the Shell (movies, SAC and the new ones)
Samurai 7
Tsuritama
Patlabor (movies, Ova etc...)
Hyouka (though it got a bit Moe for my tastes)

Watched and didn't really enjoy:

One Piece (loved the early episodes then it got so bogged down with filler my mind went Numb)
K-On (was amused at first then it just got too much)
Kill La Kill

I've probably missed a few off there but I figure that should give you a rough idea. Anyway..

Help me Anime GAF, your my only hope,....

Narag

Help Anime GAF!! Just found out that Space Brothers is going on Hiatus and sadly Space dandy is doing nothing for me (though I keep watching for some reason...) so I need a new series to watch.

Cowboy Bebop
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Brothers
Detroit Metal City
Samurai 7
Tsuritama

One Piece (loved the early episodes then it got so bogged down with filler my mind went Numb)
Kill La Kill

I've probably missed a few off there but I figure that should give you a rough idea. Anyway..

Samurai Champloo
Yamato 2199

jgminto

If you want a new long show watch Hunter x Hunter, it's like One Piece but more disturbing and without the filler (though the current arc is dragging a little). I just watched it all in four days because I'm a madman.

Damaged

Thanks for the suggestions so far, liking the look of Samurai Champloo. Is there something out there with that 'Feel Good' vibe that is in Space Brothers?

jgminto

Thanks for the suggestions so far, liking the look of Samurai Champloo. Is there something out there with that 'Feel Good' vibe that is in Space Brothers?

If you feel like you've got a decent grasp on japanese pop culture, watch Gintama. Funniest anime around.

Haly

No it's like...

Wake up. Watch 3 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat lunch. Watch 7 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat dinner. Watch 5 more episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Make a post or two about it on AnimeGAF. Go to bed.

Repeat.

Do yall not eat or sleep when marathoning stuff that long?

No it's like...

Wake up. Watch 3 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat lunch. Watch 7 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat dinner. Watch 5 more episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Make a post or two about it on AnimeGAF. Go to bed.

Repeat.

Like this, but more increased posting on my end unless I feel like compiling it for some reason or another.

Along with BATHING! Something Haly apparently doesn't do when he's marathoning apparently.

Linda is ok. Shes no Koko!

Well, definitely, yes. However, Linda has that Makoto vibe. Tomboyish, although can pretty herself up. Got that spunk and fight in her. Definitely underrated.

I need to get me this Vita Golden Time game I think and get Waifu Koko and Waifu Linda endings.
and maybe your Koko x Linda ending is a bonus on there. lol

Noirulus

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san Z - 11

This is the Azazel that I know and love. Much better.
Please never revert to the shit-tier quality that was episode 9 and 10.

Haly

Like this, but more increased posting on my end unless I feel like compiling it for some reason or another.

Along with BATHING! Something Haly apparently doesn't do when he's marathoning apparently.

I forgot to add basic hygiene like brushing your teeth and showering.

Hygiene is important kids.

Mature

Cowboy Bebop
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Brothers
Detroit Metal City
Samurai 7
Tsuritama

Kill La Kill

Here's a random, smattering of picks you can't go wrong with:
FLCL
Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Samurai Champloo
Baccano!
And Yet the Town Moves
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Darker than Black

Try out Uchouten Kazoku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom