• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No it's like...

Wake up. Watch 3 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat lunch. Watch 7 episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Eat dinner. Watch 5 more episodes of Urusei Yatsura. Make a post or two about it on AnimeGAF. Go to bed.

Repeat.
Those numbers don't add up!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's true. At my fastest I could watch 3.5 episodes of Urusei Yatsura in a single hour. I remember Maison Ikkoku took me a week and a half, and that was with school.

Too lazy to crunch numbers atm.

Kite

I'm feeling a lil bit melancholy atm after finishing a few series that are ending or going on hiatus. I'm hoping Space Brothers comes back after the manga gets further ahead, can't wait for the second season of Log Horizon in the Fall and I might read some of the Inarikon manga to get more of the fox shrine goodness. And please please please, Golden Time and Samurai Flamenco needs to nail their final episodes..

Thoraxes

Recently, I
called my imouto cute and groped my osananajimi's breasts
(AKA Imocho) - 12 FIN

Top trolling 10/10

I fucking knew it.

Let's hope for a season 2! Can always have more of this.

Help Anime GAF!! Just found out that Space Brothers is going on Hiatus and sadly Space dandy is doing nothing for me (though I keep watching for some reason...) so I need a new series to watch.

I have watched and enjoyed:

Cowboy Bebop
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Brothers
Beck (cant overstate how much Ioved this show)
Detroit Metal City
Ghost in the Shell (movies, SAC and the new ones)
Samurai 7
Tsuritama
Patlabor (movies, Ova etc...)
Hyouka (though it got a bit Moe for my tastes)

Watched and didn't really enjoy:

One Piece (loved the early episodes then it got so bogged down with filler my mind went Numb)
K-On (was amused at first then it just got too much)
Kill La Kill

I've probably missed a few off there but I figure that should give you a rough idea. Anyway..

Help me Anime GAF, your my only hope,....

Tatami Galaxy
Mushishi
Hunter x Hunter
Kemonozume
Gankotsuo
Haibane Renmei
Mononoke
Texhnolyze

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
rXc7XZ3l.png

Those are not pancakes. Those are drop scones. Or maybe scotch pancakes but since the Scots steal all our anime we ignore them.

These are pancakes.

And before you try and foolishly argue against me consider what one eats on the day of pancakes known as Pancake Day a.k.a Shrove Tuesday? The things in the picture I posted. Thank you. Case closed.

Jintor

came up with another anime/ln/whatever concept. Old retired 'rogue' agent for some kind of magical MIB gets drafted into teaching at a magical school or whatever. Hellblazer + Harry Potter + GTO + ...I don't know, Blue Exorcist or something.

there's no sister crap in this one so maybe it'll tank immediately

Damaged

If you feel like you've got a decent grasp on japanese pop culture, watch Gintama. Funniest anime around.

Here's a random, smattering of picks you can't go wrong with:
FLCL
Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Samurai Champloo
Baccano!
And Yet the Town Moves
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Darker than Black

Try out Uchouten Kazoku.

Tatami Galaxy
Mushishi
Hunter x Hunter
Kemonozume
Gankotsuo
Haibane Renmei
Mononoke
Texhnolyze

Thanks All, Going to give Uchouten Kazoku and Samurai Champloo a try first then have a look at the others recommended. Once again AnimeGAF comes through for me :)

That junior.

He wasn't banned for stuff he posted in this thread though.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai seasons 1-2 + ova
Wtf did I just watch and why did I continue watching it to the end?

Hehe. It's a fun show. And then there's those OVAs at the end.

These are pancakes.

And before you try and foolishly argue against me consider what one eats on the day of pancakes known as Pancake Day a.k.a Shrove Tuesday? The things in the picture I posted. Thank you. Case closed.

No argument from me. That's pancakes alright.

cajunator

Banned
Well, definitely, yes. However, Linda has that Makoto vibe. Tomboyish, although can pretty herself up. Got that spunk and fight in her. Definitely underrated.

I need to get me this Vita Golden Time game I think and get Waifu Koko and Waifu Linda endings.
and maybe your Koko x Linda ending is a bonus on there. lol

Shes kind of Tomboyish. I just dont like that shes in the way of Koko but shes really not a bad character.
kind of cute.
also I still need to draw that pic for yous.

cajunator

Banned
Those numbers don't add up!

For me its like start the show, go eat, watch more, post, sleep in my chair, watch more, clean room, post more, run errands, finish episode.

Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran 1

Saw this in a sakuga amv. Looked pretty good. It is pretty good.

this shows awesome. Lady meow the best!!

Tatami Galaxy
Mushishi
Hunter x Hunter
Kemonozume
Gankotsuo
Haibane Renmei
Mononoke
Texhnolyze

List is missing Kinos Journey!!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's so sad that the English never figured out how to make pancakes light and fluffy. All they have is runny batter that produces thin and hard pancakes. :(

Nordicus said:
Nuh uh! Thin and slightly crispy bro!
You can have fluffy and crispy. You just need a bit of cornmeal in the batter.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi - 11

So sweet I almost got diabetes.

I don't think my heart is going to make it to the end of this show.

based SHAFT

Golden Time - 23

Well shit, that was a depressing ending. Imagine if the show just ended right after that lol

Looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up. These last few episodes have dragged a little, but I think that's more in part to me basically marathoning 1-17, then watching weekly when the drama got upped a ton.

pls let Linda win

Actually
even though I want Linda to win, i'm still hoping for an end where he retains both memories, or the more realistic "He builds his new friendships again thanks to his Mom and Linda supporting him."

Here's something a few of you might like.

Possibly too hot for GAF (Binbougami-Ga)
Seal of approval . Too bad we'll never see the whole franchise animated but i've made my mourning. the anime was great.

I'm sorry guys but Sword Art Online hollow fragment game have English subs......english subs!!!....despite of me making fun of SAO.....I want to buy it......forgive me animegaf.
I didn't know that ( i won't buy the game ) but i'm happy that they do that.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo Rising 24

Hype-ass post-WW2 arc continues! The despair got turned down a wee bit, but the natural muted colors and general seriousness remain.

I really have no idea how Kamogawa is going to win this fight because he's both outpowered, less experienced and outskilled. Or heck, he might not win this at all and just gets a moral victory, if even that!

God, just one more week and then no more Hajime no Ippo for a while. I'm getting kinda depressed here.

uTVIMym.jpg
VBcniUG.jpg

Nekota, FOCUS!

Link Man

Banned
came up with another anime/ln/whatever concept. Old retired 'rogue' agent for some kind of magical MIB gets drafted into teaching at a magical school or whatever. Hellblazer + Harry Potter + GTO + ...I don't know, Blue Exorcist or something.

Even better, have the rogue agent be a ghost who's posessing a hot, Christmas-cake teacher.

What the writter of log horizon was on 4chan /a/ last night and answered fan questions ?
Why was i sleeping ?
It seems i should do more twitter stuff to stay up to date to those events ).
( i didn't include questions regarding things that aren't treated in the anime yet ) nor specific questions regarding classes , class stats and info on other territories ( such as australia server , europe server or north america server )
Anyway.
1) Anime actually boosted the Book sales that's why a S2 annoncement came so fast.

2)The most important info ( for me ) is that the number of episodes for S2
is still undecided ( meaning it can expand with his imput ) so IMO there is a big chance that book 8 will be included in S2
and that his favorite pairing ( the one he has the most fun to write ) is
rudy + isuzu

3)Another thing to note is that he does indeed have the ending in mind but that for much later so not all the details are in place and that volume 8 annoncement would be soon since he is almost done with it ( oh yeah ) he actually confirmed a Book 7 character for anime S2

4)What inspired the crescent moon burger :
http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1324/A132402/13033094/

5)Krusty cat IRL name is : "
Nobody
" ( wait what ? )

6)Isaac IRL job is a ( don't read unless ou want your dreams shattered ) :
carpenter

7)The author is actually watching and following : Sgt Keroro , jojo bizarre adventure , fairy tail , Love live

Lot of question regarding stuff like world building that i won't mention

Help Anime GAF!! Just found out that Space Brothers is going on Hiatus and sadly Space dandy is doing nothing for me (though I keep watching for some reason...) so I need a new series to watch.

I have watched and enjoyed:

Cowboy Bebop
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Brothers
Beck (cant overstate how much Ioved this show)
Detroit Metal City
Ghost in the Shell (movies, SAC and the new ones)
Samurai 7
Tsuritama
Patlabor (movies, Ova etc...)
Hyouka (though it got a bit Moe for my tastes)

Watched and didn't really enjoy:

One Piece (loved the early episodes then it got so bogged down with filler my mind went Numb)
K-On (was amused at first then it just got too much)
Kill La Kill

I've probably missed a few off there but I figure that should give you a rough idea. Anyway..

Help me Anime GAF, your my only hope,....

You should watch Gurren Lagann. It's amazing.

List is missing Kinos Journey!!

As well as Gurren Lagann. Seriously, what's with the lack of Gurren Lagann recommendations?

cnet128

Banned
lol wut .You should know that there aren't worse cures in heartcatch , just awesomeness

Where there is "better", there is also "worse". And Erika is clearly better than everything. QED.

Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha!? teaser PV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAo-qht6wXY

Yep, it's another of those shows with a male MC and a bunch of girls swarming around him.

Hm, interesting. The only familiar seiyuu in there are Nakamura Yuuichi as the MC and Taketatsu Ayana+Yuuki Aoi as the haniwa mascot things. All the actual girls are almost complete unknowns.

Those are not pancakes. Those are drop scones. Or maybe scotch pancakes but since the Scots steal all our anime we ignore them.

These are pancakes.

Yes. Yes, they are.

Pancakes are meant to be thick, bro!

No. No, they aren't.

Nuh uh! Thin and slightly crispy bro!

Yes. And delicious.

It's so sad that the English never figured out how to make pancakes light and fluffy. All they have is runny batter that produces thin and hard pancakes. :(

No. Making pancakes light and fluffy is missing the entire point of pancakes.

Pancakes are not hard. What are you on about? If they were hard you wouldn't be able to roll them.

This man preaches truth.

Branduil

These are pancakes.

Looks more like a crepe to me.

Midonin

Nobunagun 12

Not a whole lot of Sio - but everything that was going on around her made for some pretty cool scenes. The mixture that made the bugs fight each other (made from components with names like Carpenter and Burton - clever) was a nice way to turn the battle with brains instead of brawn, and Kaoru's one scene in the middle was much appreciated. Not sure how to feel about Jack being the one to steal the show at the end.

Westlo

This is sounding pretty good ma

camby.png

sonicmj1

Don't worry, I've got your back. Let's fix this.

1. The retired agent is an attractive lady.
2. Her younger brother is one of her students.
3. She's hard on him, but her cold demeanor hides a deep, perhaps unsisterly affection caused by years of absence.
4. The story is told from the brother's perspective.
5. There are a bunch of other girls in his class attracted to him.
6. The story is called Infinite Stratos Season 3.

I think we've wound up in a much better more profitable place.

cnet128

Banned

3. She's hard on him, but her cold demeanor hides a deep, perhaps unsisterly affection caused by years of absence.

Still needs more imouto, though.

Nevermind point 6 , point 4 is where the problem lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom