• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki: Zenkoku-hen - 11

YF01XZs.png

FEAR THE GARDEN

I love how Saki was just chilling for most of the second match and with only a few turns left decides to get serious, shooting her team from third to first in like two turns. So godlike. :lol

Space Dandy 12

hahahahaha this episode was hilarious. QT's game host anticipation serious face was too fucking good, I can see why Branduil's new avatar is that. Who am I? Who are you?

Also I need a GIF of Dandy's Jojo face. The really shaded one.

edit: next episode has the possibility of bringing either mega feels or a lot of funnies. We'll have to see.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 21

C5eTWufl.png
W2BD53Gl.png

fbOIgO9l.png
DdPgQeYl.png

E7Khmmvl.png
INqYZqnl.jpg

The amount of despair faces was kinda amusing.

BBwmdBcl.jpg

Neat homage.

Didn't really expect the resolution to play out that way despite the obvious outcome but that was pretty good. I think that's been a stronger point of this series that I can sufficiently invest myself in the drama despite forgone conclusions.

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore 11

Oh god they actually did it. They did a Mobuko daki ED.

And they actually managed to make her look cute. That's the scariest thing of all.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Wizard Barristers - Episode 11

Welp. I finished the episode after all. Wish I didn't. This is probably the most incomplete episode of TV anime I've ever seen. There's probably a worse one out there, but I sure haven't seen it. Also this is extra tragic because it's an action packed episode with a great storyboarder, and amazing action animators on the episode... except almost none of their work managed to make it into this TV version. RIP. :(

The whole thing reeked of a "wait for a deleted scene DVD version" cash grab to me. A really egregious one at that too. I hope the whole thing blows up in their face.

cajunator

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 21

Didn't really expect the resolution to play out that way despite the obvious outcome but that was pretty good. I think that's been a stronger point of this series that I can sufficiently invest myself in the drama despite forgone conclusions.

Aila :(
*hugs

1393869322799m4k0z.gif

D-Frag! 9

Nope, can't deal with this amount of cute.

Found my limit and this is it.

Need to lie down before I take a trip to the hospital.

Sounds like I should get back to DFrag. Anime why are you so good to me?

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 22

ZltGmjol.png

Suddenly we're Infinite Stratos

Yuuki fights always deliver. Really appreciated how it's become more difficult for him to proceed throughout as he hits his own skill ceiling vs others. Shows plants enough doubt to make the encounters super exciting when it could have easily gone the other way.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Tonari no Seki-kun 12

Haha, get rekt Seki.

Space☆Dandy 12

Okay, this was straight old-school cartoon-y fun. Like watching a Loony Toons show or something. So many great moments, and little jokes, too.

I honestly think this was the best Dandy yet.

Next week's episode looks like it could be awesome too! It's QT-time!

Kiniro Mosaic 2

1335911468473.jpg

Jex

The whole thing reeked of a "wait for a deleted scene DVD version" cash grab to me. A really egregious one at that too. I hope the whole thing blows up in their face.

Hmm? I don't really see how it's a "cash grab", their production was obviously a disaster but something had to air so there you have it, they went with what was avilable. I'm sure there'd be some kind of apology, if anyone cared about the series.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gundam Build Fighters 22

Yuuki fights always deliver. Really appreciated how it's become more difficult for him to proceed throughout as he hits his own skill ceiling vs others. Shows plants enough doubt to make the encounters super exciting when it could have easily gone the other way.

I can't believe Sei wouldn't do a favor for a bro and crash with his mom (and China) for a night. He's literally cockblocking with Gunpla. Shit ain't right.

CorvoSol

Yamiyamallamadingdongwhimwhamandahatinabookstore 3

Okay so at first I accidentally started watching something else and it took 5 minutes to realize it wasn't Yami. That may seem dumb to you but that's what this show does to you.

It begins:

I think this is a flashback, because lesbian schoolgirl is only now meeting the world's dumbest witch hat librarian, but that STILL doesn't tell me when she got the sword. And dumb hat librarian's all "I HATE EVE" and I'm like "Until yesterday, wasn't she playing lesbian incest with toiletpaper girl?"

Lesbian witches. Wait she's Lillith?! I thought Lillith was the woman in the castle with the ballet dude? Did that scene now not take place during the incident on the train?

And then the dark elf who may be a girl or a guy was actually a dolphin. Meanwhile Hazuki is magically changed into a swim suit but somehow that damn toilet paper clings to her leg like Finn's Blade of Grass.

WAIT I WANT TO TALK TO YOU! Just let me turn so I'm facing away from you, thrust my genitals backward at you, twist so you can see my tits and strike a face-hand pose that cannot be sexy because my eyes are these weird melting blobs and also the cyclops hat on my head.

Hold that thought though because now the dark elf is a creepy as fuck clown.

God this show is so incoherent Escher would go insane looking at it.

cnet128

Banned
Nobunagun 12

I'm really enjoying this show. Tons more than I thought I would at the beginning. Sad there's only one episode to go.

The Asao-san scenes in this episode were really sweet, and the massive battle continues to be pretty hype on all fronts. As usual, Jack needs to stop raising fucking flags with Shio, but I'll forgive him this time since his upgrade looks cool =p

Space☆Dandy 12

Okay, this was straight old-school cartoon-y fun. Like watching a Loony Toons show or something. So many great moments, and little jokes, too.

I honestly think this was the best Dandy yet.

Next week's episode looks like it could be awesome too! It's QT-time!

Is this your final dandy?
image.php

CorvoSol

If Jill can't talk how did she tell them her name was Jill?

Don't mind me, I'm just suckling the finger of this statue of Mary tenderly.

Gundam Build Fighters 23

Easily the best of the fun eps, I think, although.....

Fuck this, fuck this right here. This is now the most depressing thing in Gundam for me, pushing aside Sochie's fate in Turn A with ease

it just show that gundam build fighters is a show of hope. Hope that relationship can be restored.

Soma

Noragami 1-12

That was good. Even with Yukine being a piece of shit for most of the show, episode 9 managed to make his character forgivable and made for one of the most moving scenes in the entire show as a result. Ending was pretty good and probably the best one could hope for with the manga still ongoing. It had a bit of a slow start for me and it wasn't until more of the cast was introduced where I finally found myself invested in the story. Other than that I found it really hard to find things to dislike about the show. Solid production values, good fight scenes, strong OST, etc etc.

Definitely one of my favorites of this season.

Narag

it just show that gundam build fighters is a show of hope. Hope that relationship can be restored.

Enron has a theory this is actually like Gundam heaven where all the characters go to happy lives after they die. I believe this so I can sleep peacefully at night.

CorvoSol

Enron has a theory this is actually like Gundam heaven where all the characters go to happy lives after they die. I believe this so I can sleep peacefully at night.

It makes sense until you realize that that means that Haman Khan went to Heaven.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 32

Bunyu-chan dropping truth bombs on Doremi and the others. And Hana-chan gets a bit of a truth bomb of her own.

cnet128

Banned
Space Dandy 12

I'm just going to assume everything is a Chameleon Alien until further notice.

Even the Chameleon Alien in this episode was probably actually just a Chameleon Alien in disguise as a Chameleon Alien.

Ok.

So Log Horizon. Is there a watching order or something so I don't have to watch all 25 episodes or is it like clannad where the investment is worth it in the end.

kiryogi

Banned
They made an SAO game you get to choose your waifu? BAHAHAHA. Brilliant. Otaku bait set.

He says considering his fights before over best girl in Persona 4 Golden.

Not the first time, first PSP game was same way too. . . Which I picked up. INCREDIBLY BORING. Never got to connect with my waifu because lack of motivation to play it D:

I do wonder how the idea for a SAO game that isn't a MMO happens. But then...this is Japan. Given the 'land of the handhelds' they probably don't play MMOs. Well I guess aside from FF11 and 14.
Well Japan already gave us the MMO that is played solo ( hack ) or the solo version of an mmo ( ragnarok battle offline ) so anything's possible really.
Ok.

So Log Horizon. Is there a watching order or something so I don't have to watch all 25 episodes or is it like clannad where the investment is worth it in the end.

Watch all 25 eps .

No exceptions .
you'll thank me in the end.

They are all needed for exposition , world building and much more.

Ok.

There's one arc early on that is the most boring by far in terms of the whole show. But even then it's not skippable. Because all of them build on the world and characters. The first couple of episodes focus on Shiroe and his tactics in battle. The battles in this show aren't that great tbh. But the world building. The characters. The economics and the glasses pushing make this show amazing.

So in short watch it all. It's easily my favorite show of the past 2 seasons. In fact I'll call it right now, it is my favorite show of the currently ending and last seasons.

Also I think I've decided to finally watch Gundam Build Fighters. Time to see why people keep saying why this gundamn show is so good.

Ok.

I'm curious, for 24 episode anime why would you wanna skip any episodes? More likely that not the reason its so short is because the lack of/no filler unlike long-running series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom