• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw this face in Gundam Build Fighters

bQssIdB.png

I think I'll get along with this show
The list of reasons why you will enjoy GBF is way too long .

Nisekoi 11

Ooof this was a good'un. Might actually be getting somewhere now.

"Might"

"might"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 07

4xeh5uJ.png

:sdburton

Cecil and Natsume finally have an opportunity to bond with one another and as expected the moment
Natsume learns about Cecil's past and her reasons for becoming a Barrister she quickly loses the attitude. :lol

Should've been Momoyon with her. ;_;

Where's my yuri fun time?!

Girls und Panzer - 02
Yukari's quite the little stalker eh?
Despite the quite ludicrous plot it seems like this might be a lot of fun if you just switch your brain off and just enjoy the ride.
Also, despite Miho's earlier reluctance, she seems to get into the spirit of things pretty damn quick.
Yukari da goddess!

You know you read too much manga and watch too much anime if you can predict what's going to happen pretty much consistently.

But I still enjoy it. It's like making a game out of how many times I get it right.

Branduil's new avatar is too perfect for avatar responses.

kids show, fighitng, no romance etc

Assuming you're responding as to why I'm not watching it, who said I didn't enjoy a good fighting anime? I'm not into gundam for the most part and the same format of a children's show of 'the whole world revolves around this children's hobby' was what was putting me off. As to no romance, admittedly I'll give the crappiest of shows a chance if it has romance, but I can just as easily watch a good show for other reasons.

CorvoSol

Well that makes all sorts of sense now.

kids show, fighitng, no romance etc

I find that the older I get the more "appeals to kids" I tend to like. That "dark, mature, gritty" stuff just comes off as so juvenile to me.

When I'm 85 I'll get my fix by watching Mameshiba commercials on endless loop for 3 hours.

I've been putting it off. Also it helped that Basileus watched it and he was in my same situation where he isn't that into gundam. And he seemed to be enjoying it so I gave it another try.

I think Build Fighters may actually be the perfect show to get people into Gundam, referential as it is.

Oh there is. It's hard to pick up on past the shipping stuff we all like to joke about.

rinko x ramba ral otp

Narag understands the best ship, guys.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 36

Hana-chan learns to ride a bike. I like how people ask her questions that they think she should be embarrassed about like "You've seriously never ridden a bike before", and she just smiles and says no, not affected at all.

Best scene in GBF so far was when they were fighting using their imagination. And in reality they're just staring at each other's toys intently. Lol. I imagine kids play Yu Gi Oh like this.

Theonik

Girls und Panzer - 02
Yukari's quite the little stalker eh?
Despite the quite ludicrous plot it seems like this might be a lot of fun if you just switch your brain off and just enjoy the ride.
Also, despite Miho's earlier reluctance, she seems to get into the spirit of things pretty damn quick.
Soon you'll get used to it and you won't even need to turn off your brain.

Yukari da goddess!
tumblr_me3x1z0sLv1qanuvko1_500.gif

Theonik

'K, I need some help from the experts here: what is the difference between fuwafuwa and mofumofu?
Mofu Mofu is an onomatopoeia for the feeling of fluffiness same as fuwa fuwa so they are usually interchangeable.
HOWEVER. Fuwa is used more for the feeling of fluffiness whereas mofu is about fluffy creatures like furr. So say, this pillow is so "fuwa fuwa", "I feel so fuwa fuwa". But "[X] touch mofu mofu tail"
etc etc

Mr.Jeff

Soon you'll get used to it and you won't even need to turn off your brain.
Yeah it took like all of until the third episode and now I'm hooked. I would play the shit out of a proper GuP game if it played like the show.

Girls und Panzer - 03+04
So we're back to where the first episode dropped us and I can see why people got into this because of the fights.
Also, Tankwaondo is srs bsns for Flower Arrange girl.

But yeah, it's half 2 in the morning, I'm up for work in less than 5 hours and all I want to do is watch more. Pretty safe to say I'm sold on this.

Theonik

Also, Tankwaondo is srs bsns for Flower Arrange girl.
Tankwando? Why not Panzerfahren?!

But yeah, it's half 2 in the morning, I'm up for work in less than 5 hours and all I want to do is watch more. Pretty safe to say I'm sold on this.
Reap you. You won't regret this though. Besides the feeling of emptyness when it's over. Also what do you think about the remixes of army marching songs? I always thought it was a nice touch.

Yeah it took like all of until the third episode and now I'm hooked. I would play the shit out of a proper GuP game if it played like the show.
As do we all. But nope. Had to be fucking world of tanks. The Vita game will save us.

HappinessCharge Precure 8

Toei was confirmed for bros this week, what with a Yes! 5 throwback with a lovable reporter, enough to throw everyone in a frenzy. However, she wasn't exactly like her, but we might have a Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny situation here.

More importantly, we actually got INTERNATIONAL CURES! SHIT WASN"T EXPECTED THIS EPISODE

RxzSG1F.jpg
Dzuw0oI.jpg

and more... FINALLY, CURES WEARING GLASSES... AS CURES! Thank you Toei

I knew there was something awesome about Oresky, but the fact that he has the voice of DIO? Dude's a winner, Hoshiiwa also a winner. Namekelder can get bent. Hitokage's friends wanted the madp though. Nice to see madp's development, but God damn, KirbYayoi. Look at the size of that cracker

Cure Nafe's showing was pretty spectacular, and we have a new record on
how fast a power up becomes worthless.
. Cure Nafe then shit-talks Cure madp and made Cure Hito sad.

NEXT TIME! Nafe training with Seiji. Madp and Hito training with Seiji. KirbYayoi feeling left out

Theonik

Magical Princess Minky Momo: La Ronde in My Dream

iH5yWYnlfCBuR.gif
iE9av7uOJpYvm.gif
iyb8xKjEUVhki.gif

This was very fun to watch. Pretty :80s too, including the sakuga for no real reason and a badass FULLY ANIMATED sword-fight. No repeat shots there.
I really liked this. The premise was very fun, the characters were good and the
contrast between Momo's powers and Peter Pan was quite nicely played. One draws his power from Kid's dreams to stay kids the other one from their dreams to grow up.
I also enjoyed how Momo's powers work and how well it fits thematically, as well as how it was weaved into the story.. She's a little girl who can't wait to grow up, and so her powers are basically a realisation of her adulthood dreams. She can turn herself into a pilot for example and she will BE a pilot. It kinda reminds me of what HapCha is doing now. (the whole uniform makes the job thing not the theme. This isn't really properly fleshed out in HapCha)
So yeah I'd recommend you watch this!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, 80s couldn't get enough of animating moving through hallways.

I think I'm going to stop for the night for GBF. Reached episode 10. I'm enjoying the fights. But just like with Yu Gi Oh I'm getting more enjoyment out of the stuff around the fights and chuckling about how serious business this hobby is. I'm always reminded of this video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom