• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Look, someone has to protect Mineva from Char.

1. She dropped a colony on the Earth. Can't think of a more "You're definitely going to Hell" moment than that.

2. Considering how she was a-okay with Glemmy's treatment of Leina and Puru, ten bucks says Haman is the last woman you want watching an imouto.

cajunator

Banned
Yamiyamallamadingdongwhimwhamandahatinabookstore 3

Okay so at first I accidentally started watching something else and it took 5 minutes to realize it wasn't Yami. That may seem dumb to you but that's what this show does to you.

It begins:

I think this is a flashback, because lesbian schoolgirl is only now meeting the world's dumbest witch hat librarian, but that STILL doesn't tell me when she got the sword. And dumb hat librarian's all "I HATE EVE" and I'm like "Until yesterday, wasn't she playing lesbian incest with toiletpaper girl?"

Lesbian witches. Wait she's Lillith?! I thought Lillith was the woman in the castle with the ballet dude? Did that scene now not take place during the incident on the train?

And then the dark elf who may be a girl or a guy was actually a dolphin. Meanwhile Hazuki is magically changed into a swim suit but somehow that damn toilet paper clings to her leg like Finn's Blade of Grass.

WAIT I WANT TO TALK TO YOU! Just let me turn so I'm facing away from you, thrust my genitals backward at you, twist so you can see my tits and strike a face-hand pose that cannot be sexy because my eyes are these weird melting blobs and also the cyclops hat on my head.

Hold that thought though because now the dark elf is a creepy as fuck clown.

God this show is so incoherent Escher would go insane looking at it.

If you understand whats going on youre doing it wrong XD

Noragami 12 [END]

Pretty disheartening end to a rather decent anime. Going the all flash and no substance route really made it quite a drag. Perhaps if the antagonist had been better developed and the tone fit in with the rest of Noragami as a whole then this ending arc could have came out feeling a bit less distanced than the rest of the anime.

Yukine arc was the strongest moments for this anime with, in my opinion, perfect soundtrack, tone, and visuals to match some of the more serious plot points addressed. Yuki Kaji's role and voice for his character was perfect and really helped to make the emotional intensity of the anime come across in a way that not many others could do. Yukine's development, as well as Yato's dedication was the writings best points, while Hiyori's character suffered from feeling rather pointless and too much of a tag a long third party person. Sadly at the end of the day
she is even relegated being in the way.

The anime didn't sell me on the manga so I probably wont be going to dig deeper into the franchise unless more anime ever comes. Funimation did a great job with it, and I look forward to rewatching an eventual dub. 6/10.

Tia (ryo(supercell)) Heart Realize deserves mention for being yet another astonishing and pleasing song.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Poulette's Chair

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL ANIMATION BATMAN

Seriously, wow at this thing. Great short little story and absolutely jaw dropping visuals. Unbelievable.

Mahouka PV (Tatsuya v) (Miyuki v)
tumblr_n2pv1349VQ1rmsxj4o4_r1_250.gif

They are doing a mighty fine job bringing the series to life, with Tatsuya giving tons of great moments, Leo's exciting comment, the backstory scene shown of Tatsuya's epicness and more. Concerned if they really are trying to do eight volumes in this anime, five would be better.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hmm? I don't really see how it's a "cash grab", their production was obviously a disaster but something had to air so there you have it, they went with what was avilable. I'm sure there'd be some kind of apology, if anyone cared about the series.

So wait.... your telling me the sudden gaps in the episode weren't scenes being deleted due to "censoring" but were actually never done due to production issues? If so then just wow... I said WOW!

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 33

What kind of demented news reporter follows around a sixth-grader, staking herself and her crew in front of her house and getting her on her walk to school, just to keep asking her about an audition she failed? God fucking dammit, what a piece of shit. Onpu was polite and didn't fly off the handle, I guess because she knows how to handle this shit.

Anyway, another very good Onpu episode.

Quasar

Noragami 12 Thats was pretty nice, esp for an anime original ending. Though that bums me out in it it means even less chance of a s2 I guess.

cnet128

Banned
Buddy Complex 12

So now
Hina has been brainwashed and her "friend" has been mindraped
. This just goes to show why you should never associate with mad scientists.

Buddy Complex 11

Managed to see it before completely falling an episode behind. Still even with Hina in the plot Aoba remains as Dio focused as ever and its worth it. This time the coupling scene was fairly painful at just how painful it looked, but the heavy breathing moments did make it pretty pleasing in a way. Coupling is a fun mechanic that goes to the next level consistently, I hope it does more before this closes out.

One of the plot twists was like scene from miles away, probably the only fault with this series is everything can be predicted.

sonicmj1

Wizard Barristers - Episode 11

Welp. I finished the episode after all. Wish I didn't. This is probably the most incomplete episode of TV anime I've ever seen. There's probably a worse one out there, but I sure haven't seen it. Also this is extra tragic because it's an action packed episode with a great storyboarder, and amazing action animators on the episode... except almost none of their work managed to make it into this TV version. RIP. :(

And to think you basically resumed this series because you heard about the credits for this episode...

Midonin

Tears to Tiara 07-08

The greatest challenger have arrived yet, and she is voiced by Miyukichi. I can accept this. The "Whack! Whack! They are beaten!" segment with the storybook went on for a little too long, though Ermin and Limwris continue to be adorable. Rathty is also a nice addition to the party. The Morgan/Octavia duo might be my favorite in the show. My favorite girl and one who I want to know more about. God, I wanted Bubba to fall even harder than he did. The Empire's not completely evil - the conversation with the lower soldiers indicates it's mostly the people in power who are corrupt, and of course, Octavia - but I won't be sad when there's a major loss for their side.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 34

Baba actually asked something I hadn't really thought of. When they get rid of all those thorns on the old queen and she wakes up I guess...then what? That forest will disappear and she'll stop fucking up shit, but like, where's she gonna fit in and stuff? Eh, not too important right now, I suppose.

cnet128

Banned
Tonari no Seki-kun 12

Driving
radio-controlled cars
is serious business.

...Personally I would have been kind of tempted by the test. It did look like a pretty engaging challenge.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tonari no Seki-kun 12

Driving
radio-controlled cars
is serious business.

...Personally I would have been kind of tempted by the test. It did look like a pretty engaging challenge.

I find it weird that in some Asian countries, they take their tests on a closed off course.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Tonari no Seki-kun 12

Driving
radio-controlled cars
is serious business.

I wanted to see
Yokoi take it and show she's a Level 3 Certified RC Driver and start drifting it like they lived in Tokyo.

sonicmj1

I find it weird that in some Asian countries, they take their tests on a closed off course.

It's so they can micro-analyze your every move, and fail you if you don't move your car all the way over to the side before making a left turn.

Tonari no Seki-kun 12

Driving
radio-controlled cars
is serious business.

Fuck the Japanese driving test.

Mr.Jeff

Girls und Panzer - 01
Half of me thinks this was a pretty fun episode with some fun character interactions.
The other half wants to know what the fuck they were smoking when they came up with the idea behind the plot for this show.
Side note: does it ever explain why they are on a gigantic aircraft carrier?

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 35

Shitty of them to sell out the hare and the tortoise there at the end. Telling them they need to understand them more, but then they're all "Oh you pass the Level 2 Exam too, what were you just telling us?" and then folding. Stick up for 'em, dammit.

Anyhoo, how the hell can a stadium hold 100 million people? There are countries that can't hold that many. Many baseball stadiums hold around 50000 or so. How the hell can it be 2000 times bigger than that?

Girls und Panzer - 01
Half of me thinks this was a pretty fun episode with some fun character interactions.
The other half wants to know what the fuck they were smoking when they came up with the idea behind the plot for this show.
Side note: does it ever explain why they are on a gigantic aircraft carrier?

Yeah it's explained later ..they have special episodes you need to watch too if you want to know more about the world they are in and tanks in general.

Nobunaga the Fool Episode 11: Death
Bjc99lACQAAm-EE.png

Excellent battle and teamwork with Hide and Nobu. While the plot stuff got to a really high level as usual. I was impressed with how flashy the Giant War Armors can be especially when utilizing the quantum particles and such.
Caesar just wont die and give up

Was a bit confused how they kept saying Owari...(Nobu's Owari?), can that really not be translated?

marathoning this all day,

noragami 12

so dude wants protag to return to his form evil killing dude form and does stuff to his woman to edge him to change back.

Sounds familiar...

irwSSMMDuH7iu.gif

would watch another season.

Urusei Yatsura - 111
An octopus has how many legs? 7, 8!
I didn't expect
a "Sakura" monster to actually be a Sakura, and to win to get the Sakura drunk.
Leotard Lum. Hmmmm.

Urusei Yatsura - 112
Benten and Ryuunosuke being BFF is something I can get behind. And the revelation Ryuunosuke's father is Poseidon.

Urusei Yatsura - 113
Oyuki reminds me of Glaceon and s-s-she's Master Class.
Ran-chan is different from the rest of the gang, she doesn't have pratical powers to fight so she has to use her intelligence.
Ran-chan and Oyuki were awesome this episode.

Urusei Yatsura - 114
She finally was able to sumo wrestlehold those puppies.
Jariten was so cute when he was being possessed.
;___________;

Urusei Yatsura - 115
Of tentacles, amusement parks and family treasures.

Urusei Yatsura - 116
Better than Princess Tutu.

Urusei Yatsura - 117
KUU3omi.jpg
fQnJI5N.jpg

I-i-i-i-is this :hito, too?
So Lum just had to
turn into a cow to get Ataru's love...hmm, what does he really think of Rei-san?
This one was pretty disturbing.

Urusei Yatsura - 118
Ataru>Megane.
He cut the harem scene.

Urusei Yatsura - 119
8qHfLpW.jpg
u2AvYaS.jpg

Sakura-sensei. <3
In the end Ataru
became the lord of all youkais.

Urusei Yatsura - 120
These protozoa can be only explained by mushi, mushi, mushi, mushi.
What's the insult about short legs? I don't get it.
Haha, everyone falling for Adam and Eve,
and Ataru and *gasp* Mendou being the new Adam an Eve.
Shu-chaaaaaaaaan. Much bloomers.

Mr.Jeff

Girls und Panzer - 02
Yukari's quite the little stalker eh?
Despite the quite ludicrous plot it seems like this might be a lot of fun if you just switch your brain off and just enjoy the ride.
Also, despite Miho's earlier reluctance, she seems to get into the spirit of things pretty damn quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom