• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mofu Mofu is an onomatopoeia for the feeling of fluffiness same as fuwa fuwa so they are usually interchangeable.
HOWEVER. Fuwa is used more for the feeling of fluffiness whereas mofu is about fluffy creatures like furr. So say, this pillow is so "fuwa fuwa", "I feel so fuwa fuwa". But "[X] touch mofu mofu tail"
etc etc

i knew yall would respond to the Yukari comment :D
I love me some mofuwa.

Theonik

Hidamari Sketch x365 01-06
iblGa2LY8uuzwq.png
This is the best. Episodes 1 and 5 especially. All that Oyasan. And labcoat sensei. And Chika.
And sae's editor. And Yunocchi cute. I died at the "gagagaga" in one of the previews and the eyecatch of her in a trenchcoat and fedora.
And Yasunoya-sensei being well yasunoya-sensei.
This is so gooooooooooooood.
And of course don't forget Miya-chan!
Also I have to ask, episode 06 felt like a large departure stylistically what's up with that.
Also episodes 04, 06, and 09 seem to be split in 2 parts with OP/ED and previews? Huh?

Rankings: *there is no order in these ranks*
Yuno - Would Protect
Miya - would have drinks with, waifu
Oyasan - UNF
Labcoat-sensei - UNF
Chika-chan - [REDACTED]
Hiro - would waifu
Sae - would waifu, maybe.
Yosinoya-sensei - yoshinoya-sensei

Gazoinks

Most people do. Including myself. Glad I didn't.

I'll admit that the first 8-9 episodes don't do a great job at getting people to stay around. Once you get past that hump the pay off is great.

I would say the opposite actually! :p I enjoyed the Fuko arc, and then thought the rest of Clannad until the final arc was completely uninteresting.
Although my enjoyment of the Fuko arc was retroactively dampened by the baffling decision to have Fuko keep showing up.

Sounds to me like somebody doesn't know how cool Beyblade was. It had swearing and blood.

I was totally a master of Beyblade...ing back in the day.

Mahouka PV (Tatsuya v) (Miyuki v)
tumblr_n2pv1349VQ1rmsxj4o4_r1_250.gif

They are doing a mighty fine job bringing the series to life, with Tatsuya giving tons of great moments, Leo's exciting comment, the backstory scene shown of Tatsuya's epicness and more.

I click to hear some smooth Tatsuya and Miyuki's "onii-sama".

Achieved both and was even rewarded with a small snippet of Kana Mayumi.

I am satisfied.

Concerned if they really are trying to do eight volumes in this anime, five would be better.

8?!?

Absolutely not.

Completely agree with you that they should try for five.

This is the best. Episodes 1 and 5 especially. All that Oyasan. And labcoat sensei. And Chika.
And sae's editor. And Yunocchi cute. I died at the "gagagaga" in one of the previews and the eyecatch of her in a trenchcoat and fedora.
Also I have to ask, episode 06 felt like a large departure stylistically what's up with that.
Also episodes 04, 06, and 09 seem to be split in 2 parts with OP/ED and previews? Huh?

Yuno - Would Protect
Oyasan - UNF
Labcoat-sensei - UNF
Chika-chan - [REDACTED]
Hiro - would waifu
SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. The stronger production values and direction compared to S1 did so much for the adaptation, I love it so much. While this is my personal favorite season, it continues to get better/stay consistently great from this season to the most recent Sae and Hiro graduation special.

Theonik

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. The stronger production values and direction compared to S1 did so much for the adaptation, I love it so much. While this is my personal favorite season, it continues to get better/stay consistently great from this season to the most recent Sae and Hiro graduation special.
Yeah really appreciated the rise in quality since the S1 specials. I can take SOME :Shaft but the 2007 low budget shaft was almost too much for me but I'm really glad I stuck with this now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Princess Minky Momo: La Ronde in My Dream

iH5yWYnlfCBuR.gif
iE9av7uOJpYvm.gif
iyb8xKjEUVhki.gif

This was very fun to watch. Pretty :80s too, including the sakuga for no real reason and a badass FULLY ANIMATED sword-fight. No repeat shots there.
I really liked this. The premise was very fun, the characters were good and the
contrast between Momo's powers and Peter Pan was quite nicely played. One draws his power from Kid's dreams to stay kids the other one from their dreams to grow up.
I also enjoyed how Momo's powers work and how well it fits thematically, as well as how it was weaved into the story.. She's a little girl who can't wait to grow up, and so her powers are basically a realisation of her adulthood dreams. She can turn herself into a pilot for example and she will BE a pilot. It kinda reminds me of what HapCha is doing now. (the whole uniform makes the job thing not the theme. This isn't really properly fleshed out in HapCha)
So yeah I'd recommend you watch this!
Like I said, sakuga as fuck!

Also, Mami Koyama voices Minky Momo, although the early 90's show changed to Megumi Hayashibara.

Articalys

Now that there's a bit more space between this post and KirbYayoi's, I'd also like to point out vis-à-vis the latest Precure episode that I'm pleased they remembered the whole "Precures are public knowledge and fighting around the world" premise, as well as Koyasu voicing an egoistical, yellow-clad villain.
This is around the episode count where the last two seasons started to lose me, but they seem to be doing a bit better with this one. We'll have to see how it goes.

My favorite exchange:

"I thought everyone had at least one Beyblade experience."

"No I go to bars and have sex with women."

That irked me a bit.

He obviously doesn't know that the ladies find beyblading man-children aphrodisiacs. I mean how could you not get horny by seeing those sweet dreidels spin and shit.

Theonik

Like I said, sakuga as fuck!

Also, Mami Koyama voices Minky Momo, although the early 90's show changed to Megumi Hayashibara.
The good old days where the funds were plenty, and the execs were on cocaine and thus too busy to intervene.
I couldn't find GIFs of some of the great stuff either. Should learn to do it so I can make them myself.

Jarmel

Banned
There is one thing I very much like about Nobunagun is that it takes place all across the world instead of just being holed up in Japan.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Yuno - Would Protect
Oyasan - UNF
Labcoat-sensei - UNF
Chika-chan - [REDACTED]
Hiro - would waifu

Where's Natsume?! :(

My favorite exchange:

"I thought everyone had at least one Beyblade experience."

"No I go to bars and have sex with women."

I would list all of my favourite readings from that thread. But I won't.

There's too many of them.

I remember that thread being bumped last year and I couldn't believe that thread was actually made.

CorvoSol

I would list all of my favourite readings from that thread. But I won't.

There's too many of them.

I remember that thread being bumped last year and I couldn't believe that thread was actually made.

brandonk129 said:
im telling you , its no kids game. wii was intended for kids and all yous just love the wii.

Fucking dying.

brandonk129 said:
thank you , who ever you are. beyblade is and was an anime, an official one, and in jap they cursed and had blood and partial nudity. goes to prove it wasnt for kids. but as you know US had to sensor it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 09

YGzYlra.png

:sdburton

Not sure why Cecil even bothered going to the judge
responsible for putting her mother on death row. As if he was going to suddenly break and spill the beans on this major conspiracy. The hell outta here!

I want more Momoyon. :mad:

Hanamonogatari PV!

Best girl AND a Kana Asumi character? HOOK IT INTO MY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINS.

FINALLY! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CorvoSol

Ryoko Yakushiji's Strange Case Files 1

So remember how I stumbled onto a completely different show while trying to watch Yami? This is it. It's based on a Light Novel, I guess, and it sort of shows. There's the typical LN set up of a straight-man male character and his more quirky, unusual, but attractive female counterpart. In this case they're cops of some sort. She's his boss and while he's supposed to be like, a detective, she lugs him around to do things like go shopping for bathing suits. Along the way they stumble into "supernatural" cases (in this episode a dude dehydrates/mummifies to death.) and solve them with his forward thinking logic and her out of the box brains.

It's very LN/Anime-ish, but it's also a somewhat interesting crime drama, so I'll stick with it for a bit.

Anybody else ever seen or heard of this thing? The opening credits were a sort of nifty homage to retro James Bond stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Branduil reclaiming that "most quoted avatar" crown.

Jarmel

Banned
The most gratuitous shot of the series. They couldn't help themselves. lol

I'm watching episode 12 right now and oh lawd. They definitely couldn't help themselves. I'm trying to figure if the scene in SAO is better or worse than this.

All I need is a tentacle in her mouth and I'm good.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mofu Mofu is an onomatopoeia for the feeling of fluffiness same as fuwa fuwa so they are usually interchangeable.
HOWEVER. Fuwa is used more for the feeling of fluffiness whereas mofu is about fluffy creatures like furr. So say, this pillow is so "fuwa fuwa", "I feel so fuwa fuwa". But "[X] touch mofu mofu tail"
etc etc

*scribbles notes

I didn't know touch fluffy tail could be so complex.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm watching episode 12 right now and oh lawd. They definitely couldn't help themselves. I'm trying to figure if the scene in SAO is better or worse than this.

All I need is a tentacle in her mouth and I'm good.
Worse, because at least she has some measure of agency in this scene.
Which isn't saying much, really. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom