• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one thing I very much like about Nobunagun is that it takes place all across the world instead of just being holed up in Japan.

I find that extremely refreshing. I'm tired of the typical

It's the year 2027

Humanity has been in a war against [each other/aliens/kaiju/robots] and it has destroyed all of the world's countries. As it's to be expected Japan played the key central role in everything.

I understand there's national pride but jesus, don't make it where conveniently the important international shit all boils down to Japan. Either Japan is the technological leader in something, or a gate/portal appeared in Japan, or Japan is the last survivor.

CorvoSol

GoldenBoy19.jpg

So educational.

Well I know how this ends and I only hope somebody remembers to clean the motorcycle afterwards.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 11 *4 minutes in*

Wooooow Duckroll wasn't kidding about the lack of animation in certain scenes. Ugh.

Jintor

I find that extremely refreshing. I'm tired of the typical

It's the year 2027

Humanity has been in a war against [each other/aliens/kaiju/robots] and it has destroyed all of the world's countries. As it's to be expected Japan played the key central role in everything.

I understand there's national pride but jesus, don't make it where conveniently the important international shit all boils down to Japan. Either Japan is the technological leader in something, or a gate/portal appeared in Japan, or Japan is the last survivor.

i've been trying to write this thing set in australia but it's being let down by the fact that australia is fundamentally boring

once you get past the country full of deadly nature bit there's just not as much interesting history past 300 years (apart from the aboriginal stuff and that's really hard to do without a shit-tonne of research)

i've been trying to write this thing set in australia but it's being let down by the fact that australia is fundamentally boring

once you get past the country full of deadly nature bit there's just not as much interesting history past 300 years (apart from the aboriginal stuff and that's really hard to do without a shit-tonne of research)

Just say Australia survived and became a world power by controlling all your deadly nature. :p

Jintor

i also feel extremely weird writing about places i know and go to every day and putting them down like they're fictional place names.

must be how new yorkers feel about every damn thing being in manhattan island tho

cajunator

Banned
i also feel extremely weird writing about places i know and go to every day and putting them down like they're fictional place names.

must be how new yorkers feel about every damn thing being in manhattan island tho

Cajunland. A wild and scary place with strange bouncing alligators.

It's the year 2027.

Humanity has fallen prey to drop bears. Only Australia, which had warned the other countries about not taking the vaccine, survived.

CorvoSol

The funniest thing ever is being from the Seattle Washington area and knowing damn well that TV films "Seattle Washington" in "Vancouver Canada" fairly frequently.

Quasar

There's lots of interesting bits of history, but our wealth and population make it harder to set that kind of story here, aside from the obvious. Some kind of multi-national/cultural arcology for instance might work.

Gazoinks

Jojo 14

"CAESAR, READY TO ANGRILY POSE LIKE WE PLANNED?!"
"I'M READY"
"LET'S GO"

This episode is where Battle Tendency really kicks it into gear, as we're introduced to our new bro as well as the main villains. The Great Spaghetti Battle was as good as always. Joseph and Caesar are the cattiest heroes ever.

"I'm going to marry my girlfriend back home!"
So what you're saying is "I AM GOING TO DIE". And thus he did.

Wham's "bitch I'm fabulous" pose when he breaks out of the pillar is great.

CorvoSol

When does that happen?

Have you seen AMC's The Killing? Happens all the time. Their entire portrayal of Seattle is pretty funny. It's ALWAYS grey and it's ALWAYS wet and I'm like "but it looks really nice when it's sunny!"

I swear one time a plot point focused on a bridge that did not and could not exist.

Log Horizon 25

I wish Shiro took her invitation, and the next season was about Minori/Akatsuki trying to level up socially/technically to get their husbando back while he and fox-witch-lady fuck everything over. Hopefully whatever actually happens in S2 is equally entertaining.

I remember Haman Karn being namedropped earlier -- The scene in Log Horizon reminded me a lot of Haman's invitation to Judau in Gundam ZZ. Suddenly, there's someone standing on the same level as the MC, malevolent and with a radically different mindset, yet there's some implication that there's chemistry as well.
I wish Judau took her offer, too.

cajunator

Banned
Have you seen AMC's The Killing? Happens all the time. Their entire portrayal of Seattle is pretty funny. It's ALWAYS grey and it's ALWAYS wet and I'm like "but it looks really nice when it's sunny!"

I swear one time a plot point focused on a bridge that did not and could not exist.

I have to say that I havent.

Theonik

Happiness Charge PreCure 07
ibhGJR4Lp4uQh0.png

madp when people mention watching Max Heart because of his warnings not to.
OK episode not the best. Hime was adorable. This has been really good week to week so far, I hope they hold off a bit more before adding a third cure to the mix though. They still haven't pulled all the mileage to mix things up yet and 50 episodes a long time.

Happiness Charge PreCure 08
This episode was great. I was hyped from this one after comments and got some of the things teased but it still had thing to surprise me with. Keeping a cautiously optimistic approach with this is paying off so far.

Quasar

Log Horizon 25

I wish Shiro took her invitation, and the next season was about Minori/Akatsuki trying to level up socially/technically to get their husbando back while he and fox-witch-lady fuck everything over. Hopefully whatever actually happens in S2 is equally entertaining.

I would have loved that. Though not really in Shiros nature. I think more likely would he'd agree but just use it as the opportunity to go undercover.

CorvoSol

I have to say that I havent.

Oh, well. It's a pretty good cop drama, actually.

For ADDED Washington, I recommend people watch Ten Things I Hate About You. That's actually in Tacoma more than Seattle. The High School in that was the rival school to the school my oldest siblings began HS in. My older brother is actually in the marching band scene in a freeze frame sorta stuff, and the guitar shop in the movie is one I went to with my family a few times.

Branduil

"My Little Sister Got Bitten by an Australian Spider and Now She Can't Stop Writing Light Novels About Muscular Outback Men"

I would have loved that. Though not really in Shiros nature. I think more likely would he'd agree but just use it as the opportunity to go undercover.

I think that her offer is something that the Shiro in the first few episodes might have honestly succumbed to -- the angle of her route being the fastest way to help everyone was clearly compelling, and she clearly had a good read on that part of his psyche. The point of his refusal is to demonstrate his growth as a character from interacting with the rest of his guild, that he's made a greater set of relationships that he can't just abandon, etc.

I just feel that the cast would show a lot of growth on the whole if, for a time, they knew they couldn't depend on him to keep the world in order.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to write a light novel where the title is the book itself.

Wish me luck.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 11 *the rest*

Yeah this was a little tough to watch. Constant still shots with shit happening off screen, reused animations for fights, this episode just screams rushed. If it wasn't for the fact that the previous episode teased a scene of
Cecil and Momoyon being naked together in that mysterious white space
I probably would've waited for the BDs.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm going to write a light novel where the title is the book itself.

Wish me luck.

Set the story in Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukakapiki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­kitanatahu, New Zealand or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

wonzo

Banned
Wooser S2 11

woosers211.jpg

Yukari, the bringer of bad news. :(

Pupipo 14

pupipo14.jpg

Speakinf of bad news, only one episode left. ( ´ 3 `,)

Kuromajo 52

kuromajo52.jpg

not even true detective explored such depths of horror

Tonari no Seki-kun 12

OOFF ONO sounds like a future Ouya killer.

Link Man

Banned
An idea for Sgt. Frog:

In a parody and subversion of the recent little sister trend, Natsumi is affected by one of Kululu's inventions, causing her to start crushing on Fuyuki. Throw in Giroro, and it's sure to be a riot!

I don't know, seems like something they could pull off.

cajunator

Banned
Set the story in Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukakapiki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­kitanatahu, New Zealand or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Ive heard of the llanfair one.
it means something like " i fish this side, you fish that side, and nobody fishes in the middle".

Finished Noragami. Hope they have another season eventually. Also, are there any more shows that have humor similar to Noragami? My girlfriend thought the show was really funny, which is a first for her when it comes to anime.

Jarmel

Banned
Strike the Blood 21-

"Even liquid metal can't defy the laws of physics"

Next scene, defies the laws of physics. This fucking show...

Can't wait till I'm done watching this dog shit.

Quasar

I think that her offer is something that the Shiro in the first few episodes might have honestly succumbed to -- the angle of her route being the fastest way to help everyone was clearly compelling, and she clearly had a good read on that part of his psyche. The point of his refusal is to demonstrate his growth as a character from interacting with the rest of his guild, that he's made a greater set of relationships that he can't just abandon, etc.

True.

I just feel that the cast would show a lot of growth on the whole if, for a time, they knew they couldn't depend on him to keep the world in order.

That's touched on later on.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Ive heard of the llanfair one.
it means something like " i fish this side, you fish that side, and nobody fishes in the middle".

It means: "Saint Mary's Church in a hollow of white hazel near the swirling whirlpool of the church of Saint Tysilio with a red cave"

You're thinking of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, Massachusetts, I think, which means "Fishing Place at the Boundaries -- Neutral Meeting Grounds"

cajunator

Banned
It means: "Saint Mary's Church in a hollow of white hazel near the swirling whirlpool of the church of Saint Tysilio with a red cave"

You're thinking of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, Massachusetts, I think, which means "Fishing Place at the Boundaries -- Neutral Meeting Grounds"

Lol i guess I got them confused. Easy mistake.

Jintor

Log Horizon 25

Dis last minute setup for s2. Must've been known a while.

Foxy lady too foxy. Hitting with that psychobabble. Crit hit to the brain. Good thing Shiroe has dat psych armour. (Scene was kind of incomprehensible tho)

Naotsoga in his inexplicably 1920s gear is pretty amusing.

Quasar

Log Horizon 25

Naotsoga in his inexplicably 1920s gear is pretty amusing.

I liked that, and the other examples of real world clothes that have popped up over time since the adventurers realised they could make things from the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom