• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Full Metal Panic 10

Had a few issues with this episode.
For one:
how did they operate a microwave with the door open?
second:
how could Sousuke not have expected something like that?
third:
the way the whole situation was handled and he let the girls basically leave unattended and of course they got captured
I dunno. not Sousuke's finest hour here.
But anyway, Tessa is amazing.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 – Time of Destruction

Wow that episode was stunning. The fast paced split second flying through the air going in and out weaving forward and back as the arms chased characters. We need more of this in todays action adventure anime as it really made this arc go from being a rather high level fight to one bordering on being out of this world. Though considering the entity present the need to go to that level was extremely necessary. Im impressed with how the quality of the story has improved so much over the first season to now. It was honestly rather low key and dull back then but then this arc is more of what Magi has needed.

Teamwork being valued even. Only part I didnt like
that was a bit on the aggravating end was Sinbad and crew as well as Morgianna to make appearances.[ I thought the forces united under Kouen would pull something through with Aladdin's help, they were close and /spoiler]could heal.
tumblr_n2yb7gbAF81ssx194o1_500.gif

A Storm is Coming to Us All was used great again while the ending theme feels extremely out of place and a mismatch for the anime now.

kiryogi

Banned
Witch Craft Works Complete

I didnt think 12 was so bad, but the whole final arc itself was pretty weak. Maybe because of the sudden transition into something so serious, but even with the final ep, they kept up the gags and charms of this world. I can't say enough how charmed I am by this world and its character dynamics. Listening to the Rabbit talk to the Bear for example. Or seeing Chonoire's assistant just nibbling on a giant roast. The visual gags are really great. I really would love another season if anything. And agreed that Weekend was a very weak character.

Oh and yeah Takamiya you Beta little bitch LOL. Doesn't bug me as it was more hilarious how spineless he is.

Also, fantastic performances from the cast all around. Especially to Kugimiya for Chonoire and Noto for Evermillion

Gazoinks

Jojojo-jo-jojojo 17
iyYYZIf13KyF2.gif

Good adaptation of
the ACDC fight. Tentacles, crying, blood, giant brains. It's definitely the weakest of the three big Pillar Man battles, but still pretty fun. Joseph's crazy plans are always great.

Do it, If I can marathon 13 episodes straight you can finish it off! I believe in you!

I don't know man. A single episode... That's a big commitment.

Hapiness charge precure - 08

Ah AH AH

This episode What a bunch of nonsense ..but it's the good nonsense i can get behind from the precure around the world ( america , france , india )
Happiness.Charge.Precure.08_01.jpg

Net precure !!! Loool
Lool at the india precure attack i'm on the floor laughing thanks to this and the precure reporter !! As if this wasn't enough we have a new ennemy that is clearly the most charismatic of the 3 with so much confidence i haven't seen since some spashstar ennemies.

Lovely flamenco is the BEST , princess cutter ( with her hair OMG .... so good )..
hapiness charge is outputting so many attacks i'm starting to lose count .... at this rate it will become the most diverse precure show is term of attacks and situations SO GOOD.gif
Happiness.Charge.Precure.08_02.jpg

Real logic doesn't apply to magical girls shows .. or does it?
and then.... ah this moment was excellent too i smell ... DRAMA ?
DRAMA in my precure ?

This was without a doubt the first Great episode of hapiness charge. i guess this show is at his best when they are telling a story ( or trying to ).

Omg that preview was ....Was
already ? that fast ?i feel that this may be one of teh greatest season yet if they go this route.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Now comes the REAL question:

Who do you rank as 2nd best girl in ZZ? Roux, Chara, or Elle?

Swear to God if you say Puru I'll cut you.

I'm torn between Roux and Elle. Roux was more independent and could handle her own business in contrast to Elle who was always trying to get Judau's attention (which got points deducted from her), but she also piloted the MKII which is one of my favorites ever. I can't decide!

PURU DA BESSSSSSS!

Kidding! :p

=============================================

Gundam Build Fighters - 24

Of course that bastard
chairman had to try ruin an honest and pure grand finals for his own benefit. That little shit! Glad everything worked out though.

And with that I'm caught up on all of the shows I've been watching this season. I'm ready for finale week!

CorvoSol

Oh. that sucks.
Is there just no internet where he is?

Sort of. He's got very limited time to use the internet. I mean, this e-mail was the first from him I'd gotten in 4 months, haha.

Full Metal Panic 10

Had a few issues with this episode.
For one:
how did they operate a microwave with the door open?
second:
how could Sousuke not have expected something like that?
third:
the way the whole situation was handled and he let the girls basically leave unattended and of course they got captured
I dunno. not Sousuke's finest hour here.
But anyway, Tessa is amazing.

So 1) I think Kaname pushes on a part of the microwave or something, fooling it into thinking it was closed. 2) Sousuke fucked up. 3) Sousuke REALLY fucked up.

Basically yeah, this arc is full of times he dun fucked up.

So now you've met all the contenders though, so it's time to ask: Kaname, Melissa, or Tessa: which one is the best girl, Cajun?

Thermae Romae
A very enjoyable series. The terrible art and animation just added to the comedy. The plot is just so ridiculous it works humorously. I liked that when he was impotent
the thing that got him up was essentially moe
. His relationship with the emperor is humorously :DTL. I like that in the last episode, he realizes that all the emperor is say for the sake of rome and he does it
and he still makes a bath anyway.
I'd imagine it would hilarious to see an archaeologist find the stuff he brings from the future

cajunator

Banned
Sort of. He's got very limited time to use the internet. I mean, this e-mail was the first from him I'd gotten in 4 months, haha.

So 1) I think Kaname pushes on a part of the microwave or something, fooling it into thinking it was closed. 2) Sousuke fucked up. 3) Sousuke REALLY fucked up.

Basically yeah, this arc is full of times he dun fucked up.

So now you've met all the contenders though, so it's time to ask: Kaname, Melissa, or Tessa: which one is the best girl, Cajun?

So whats he doing over there, then?

AS for best girl, I like them in order Kaname, Tessa, Melissa.

CorvoSol

I'm torn between Roux and Elle. Roux was more independent and could handle her own business in contrast to Elle who was always trying to get Judau's attention (which got points deducted from her), but she also piloted the MKII which is one of my favorites ever. I can't decide!

PURU DA BESSSSSSS!

Kidding! :p

I actually like Puru as a character but girl ain't in the running for best girl cuz she's 10.

And I actually give it to Roux for reasons similar to you: she pilots the Zeta, and the Zeta is one of my favorites.

Have you seen G Gundam yet? I think you might enjoy that one. Rain and Allenby and all.

So whats he doing over there, then?

AS for best girl, I like them in order Kaname, Tessa, Melissa.

Much like when I was in Brazil, Peaceiscloser is serving as a Missionary. So like, 90% of his time is spent going around teaching people. According to what he's said they spend about 0% of their time going door to door, though, which means they're meeting people in other ways. Which is good because nobody likes going door to door. A lot of it is community service, too. Like, I had to dig a lot of septic tanks and tear down and construct houses.

Anyway my best girl rankings: Melissa > Kaname > Tessa.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BECAUSE. GOD DAMMIT. I'm starved for anime that acknowledges that the courtship and confession aren't the only interesting part of a relationship.

I'll take anything. And I mean anything

Maison Ikkoku. - The confession happens like a tenth of the way into it.
His and Her Circumstances - They're a pair fairly rapidly.

I have one though. She's a huge Zelda Fan and draws Levi husbando fanart. I think she also has a secret waifu.
My not so secret husbando being Lelouch. I would legit go gay for him if he existed.

I have both a little sister and an older sister. I can confirm that people who don't have sisters have really bad fantasies of what life is like with a sister, incestuous fantasies aside. For the most part younger sisters aren't that lovey dovey with their older brothers. My older sis is way more affectionate with me than my younger one. Maybe it's because she's going through her growing up phase I don't know.

I'm curious if Japan, with the culture of moe/cute things being the hottest thing, have such a different family dynamic. I want to imagine that SKET Dance's family is more irl japan. Where the sister loves her brother but basically they treat each other coldly/normally most of the time.

Wait a minute...theres a catgirl in hunter X Hunter?
Suddenly Im a bit interested.

I don't want to get your hopes up. It's not for sure it's a cat 'girl'

Maison Ikkoku. - The confession happens like a tenth of the way into it.
His and Her Circumstances - They're a pair fairly rapidly.

Maison Ikkoku has been pretty high in my to watch list. But I fear that knowing the author, it'll be a will they/wont they story. Either ways I'm planning to watch it. As to Kare Kano I've read the manga before. One of my favorite shoujos. I'd read it again if it wasn't so outdated art-wise.

edit: though honestly I might give it another try. For old time's sake.

CorvoSol

I have both a little sister and an older sister. I can confirm that people who don't have sisters have really bad fantasies of what life is like with a sister, incestuous fantasies aside. For the most part younger sisters aren't that lovey dovey with their older brothers. My older sis is way more affectionate with me than my younger one. Maybe it's because she's going through her growing up phase I don't know.

I'm curious if Japan, with the culture of moe/cute things being the hottest thing, have such a different family dynamic. I want to imagine that SKET Dance's family is more irl japan. Where the sister loves her brother but basically they treat each other coldly/normally most of the time.

If little sisters are anything like older sisters then they love you but will feel nothing as they take every and any dig at you they can.

Brothers are the same way except they're willing to fight you man to man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I have one though. She's a huge Zelda Fan and draws Levi husbando fanart. I think she also has a secret waifu.
My not so secret husbando being Lelouch. I would legit go gay for him if he existed.

So basically you if you were a girl?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Maison Ikkoku has been pretty high in my to watch list. But I fear that knowing the author, it'll be a will they/wont they story. Either ways I'm planning to watch it. As to Kare Kano I've read the manga before. One of my favorite shoujos. I'd read it again if it wasn't so outdated art-wise.
If you haven't seen Urusei Yatsura or Maison Ikkoku, you haven't seen Takahashi anime at its best. Also, the Karekano anime was directed by Hideaki Anno. You may be surprised.

Quasar

Though even as someone who has a younger sister I can still appreciate anime younger sisters. Just as I can appreciate anime school life with it being nothing like my reality.

Personally I think I didn't watch the Kare Kano anime because I read it ended way too early and everybody recommended the manga if I was in it for the story/proper resolution. I've also heard good things about the anime though. Either ways thanks for the suggestion I might go ahead and read the manga again, get that lovebug out of my system before next season when the drama and romcom shows hit. But more importantly jojo and ping pong.

Aren't you watching Golden Time?

I am. And I was enjoying it. Until the last two episodes. They better hope the finale gives me warm fuzzy feels or I'll damn the show to hell.

Personally I think I didn't watch the Kare Kano anime because I read it ended way too early and everybody recommended the manga if I was in it for the story/proper resolution. I've also heard good things about the anime though. Either ways thanks for the suggestion I might go ahead and read the manga again, get that lovebug out of my system before next season when the drama and romcom shows hit. But more importantly jojo and ping pong.

I am. And I was enjoying it. Until the last two episodes. They better hope the finale gives me warm fuzzy feels or I'll damn the show to hell.

Psh plebs and their happy endings. WA2 ftw. Only two acceptable outcomes for me, Linda wins or Banri dies and erryone moves on with life.

Gazoinks

Jojo's Mundane Outing 18

GERMAN SCIENCE.
Cyborg German Guile is the best side character.

I don't remember when exactly it happens, but I await Joseph's horror when Lisa Lisa's identity is revealed.

jman2050

Grass is always greener etc. etc.

You grow up in a family of brothers and always wonder what it's like to have a sister, even if only incidentally, and anime gives you an "answer" that can play to your base instincts and/or fetishes while blissfully ignoring the bitter reality you know is true in the back of your mind!

Grass is always greener etc. etc.

You grow up in a family of brothers and always wonder what it's like to have a sister, even if only incidentally, and anime gives you an "answer" that can play to your base instincts and/or fetishes while blissfully ignoring the bitter reality you know is true in the back of your mind!

Well I grew up as the eldest out of 3 brothers (I now have another brother but I've been away at college so I haven't seen him much) and while I did long for a little sister somewhat, I have never particularly liked the little sister archetype. Often detested it

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 15

CkjfVFh.jpg

Because you're going to be forced into a relationship with Bitchtaka while shitheads like Katz steal screen time that might've been used to make you into a better character.

Articalys

Really though, the whole imouto thing feels like a question best suited to someone who's studied psychology and Japanese culture and media. Dunno how many of those people are around though.

There's probably a lot of wacky interdisciplinary stuff like that one can think up... which also makes it fitting that the common image macro comes from Genshiken, I guess.

Really though, the whole imouto thing feels like a question best suited to someone who's studied psychology and Japanese culture and media. Dunno how many of those people are around though.

There's probably a lot of wacky interdisciplinary stuff like that one can think up.

If only we had AngelSoldier still with us...

cajunator

Banned
I actually like Puru as a character but girl ain't in the running for best girl cuz she's 10.

And I actually give it to Roux for reasons similar to you: she pilots the Zeta, and the Zeta is one of my favorites.

Have you seen G Gundam yet? I think you might enjoy that one. Rain and Allenby and all.

Much like when I was in Brazil, Peaceiscloser is serving as a Missionary. So like, 90% of his time is spent going around teaching people. According to what he's said they spend about 0% of their time going door to door, though, which means they're meeting people in other ways. Which is good because nobody likes going door to door. A lot of it is community service, too. Like, I had to dig a lot of septic tanks and tear down and construct houses.

Anyway my best girl rankings: Melissa > Kaname > Tessa.

I figured that might be the case. I used to live without internet. Im not sure how I made it though. Guess when you grow up without it its easier. But now I cant even imagine it anymore.

She's pretty much the most evil character I've ever seen.

I like evil cute things :D

I don't want to get your hopes up. It's not for sure it's a cat 'girl'

edit: though honestly I might give it another try. For old time's sake.

I was reading about her and she's a
chimera ant
whatever that is. But she does very much have cat ears.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 40

Between this and # 40, I guess "make episode 40 so motherfucking amazing" is a thing in Ojamajo Doremi.

Mirai was an interesting character to say the least. She never states her actual age (though I guess she's under 90 based on what she said about the old man in Venice), but because of her being a witch who ages significantly slower than everyone else, she travels the world, never staying in one place, in what I presume is an effort to not get too close to the humans she meets as they will grow old and die before she even develops a wrinkle on her face. Though now that I think about it, she is going to meet an old man she met in Venice when he was young, so she doesn't have a problem meeting them after long periods of time. So it's probably to avoid the suspicion of these people who would inevitably notice she isn't aging, which is what started a lot of the suffering the ex-queen went through before she put on that curse and whatnot. And she claims she likes older men, but personally I think that's due to being able to identify with them more due to the fact she's as old as they are.

Anyhoo, Mirai makes the point to Doremi that she too is going to go through all of this at some point. Doremi doesn't seem able to grasp this though.

One thing to note: the direction in this episode was way above par. The shots of Doremi through the glass, the one green leaf among the many colored leaves as Doremi speaks of how her friends have developed and are following their dreams while she's just sort of stuck, moving one day at a time, and a host of other things.

CorvoSol

Now tell me. Lt. Quattro is wearing sun glasses so big that his eyes are literally invisible behind them.

HOW THE FUCK does Beltachika know that he has a scary glare? HIS EYEBROWS are obscured. THE WHOLE TOP OF HIS FACE IS.

And so begins why Beltachika is the first in a loooooooooooong line of awful UC women.

cajunator

Banned
What she should be doing is continue to play cute dog girls like in oh I don't know DOG DAYS 3.

GIVE ME IT.

Also Kotori from Date a Live is Ayana's best imouto role.

We all could use more Dog Days. It would be great for anime and for humanity in general.
Fuwafuwa is a great gift and we shouldnt take it for granted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom