• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

I liked Summer Wars, but I didn't find it as emotionally impactful as Wolf Children. I found the story that Wolf Children tried to tell more personal and sympathetic. Plus, I'm a sucker for family stories lol, and Wolf Children had the stronger emphasis on that. It's been a while since I've watched Summer Wars, so I might revisit it to see if it'll improve my opinion on it. I've probably forgotten a lot about it.

Branduil

That Idiot Cop Cousin Who Ruined the Computer Because He Thought a
Corpse
Needed Ice and Who Really Needed to Get Hit by a
Falling Satellite

Gazoinks

Kaiba 3
Du3cn01l.jpg

Sad story.
Chroniko's story was pretty sad, having her mind destroyed and then her mom only regretting it afterwards when she regained her lost memories. At least Kaiba will live on in her body... Yay?

Also did some nice world building. We learned more about the trade of bodies, about the different planets, the depressing lives of poor people.

So are we doing a kind of traveling vignette thing now? I'm okay with that, I like a lot of anime with that format.

I liked the background art in this episode a lot. It reminded me of the games from Amanita Design.

I really liked this episode, so I hope it can keep consistent going forward!

The Tatami Galaxy 6

Okay I'll admit, I was in hysterics during the second half of this episode. Now if only more episodes can be like this one.

I dunno, I guess you're all just bad sales people!

Although, serious question, why does one character have to dressed as a stripper? Character design fail.
I dont really remember a character dressed as a stripper... unless your talking about how little clothes Bishamon wears in her combat form.

cajunator

Banned
Only Summer Wars is better, since it doesn't have Digimon.

You gotta point there lol.

I liked Summer Wars, but I didn't find it as emotionally impactful as Wolf Children. I found the story that Wolf Children tried to tell more personal and sympathetic. Plus, I'm a sucker for family stories lol, and Wolf Children had the stronger emphasis on that. It's been a while since I've watched Summer Wars, so I might revisit it to see if it'll improve my opinion on it. I've probably forgotten a lot about it.

Fully agreed. I think Wolf Children is a better movie.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
magi 24
flying was the worst thing to happen to this series. this dragon ball baloney should get lost.

Branduil

magi 24
flying was the worst thing to happen to this series. this dragon ball baloney should get lost.

I think a lot of shounen characters get flying powers just because it means the manga artist doesn't have to draw detailed backgrounds, LOL.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Angel Beats! 1

I should probably get back on the Air horse before I make my way towards the front of the KEY train, but oh well. Not sure what to make of it yet, to be honest. It already seems pretty disjointed in tone/presentation. I'm not jumping out of my seat with excitement, but I wasn't dissatisfied. We'll see.

lol, TK's mah bro.

Angel Beats! 1

I should probably get back on the Air horse before I make my way towards the front of the KEY train, but oh well. Not sure what to make of it yet, to be honest. It already seems pretty disjointed in tone/presentation. I'm not jumping out of my seat with excitement, but I wasn't dissatisfied. We'll see.

lol, TK's mah bro.

Stick with it man. Everyone here will tell you different, especially some of the regulars like Wonzo and Brandbuil but I thought the show was fantastic. It gets better and better as the show goes.

The first episode isn't very good to be honest and the show really gets a good tone and style going in episodes 2/3/4.

Watch it dubbed if you can. I think the dub is much better.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Stick with it man. Everyone here will tell you different, especially some of the regulars like Wonzo and Brandbuil but I thought the show was fantastic. It gets better and better as the show goes.

The first episode isn't very good to be honest and the show really gets a good tone and style going in episodes 2/3/4.
Now you've done it.

Edit: Hey, out of curiosity, do you have a MAL or something similar?

cajunator

Banned
Angel Beats! 1

lol, TK's mah bro.

Its not as bad as people would like you to believe. thats not to say it was good either.

Gazoinks

Man. I need to actually get around to updating my MAL at some point. I haven't used it since I started watching seasonal shows, became too much of a pain.

Link Man

Banned
Mushi-Shi 14

Oh hey, a happy ending! Nope, the kid and wife die! Nope, the white bamboo is back, and now the wife and kid are...being reborn, I guess?

What a weird-ass episode. It's like an emotional tilt-a-whirl.

Gazoinks

Kaiba 4

Man, does Yuasa have something against happy old people or what.

Anyway, solid episode though not as good as the last one.
Bittersweet ending as usual, with the couple finally being together in death, and the sons discovering the true nature of the treasure. Cool imagery with the various memory rooms too, like the repressed memories of grandpa's death flying open after being clamped shut.

"The important thing is how big your heart is." Definitely a theme along with the memory stuff. Yuasa likes his star-crossed lovers.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, we gots a memory! Go go Kaiba recover your identity.

Now sleep!

jman2050

Muromi-san OVA

In which:

- Mermaids and humans go to school together
- Muromi gets NTRed
- Muromi takes a needle full of drugs to the head
- Loli mermaids wear school swimsuits... somehow. cnet take notice.
- Muromi gets cheated and ripped off by Hans Christian Andersen
- Levia-san destroys all human civilization
- Takuro gets a tan
- Eating cucumbers does not actually involve eating them,
if ya know what I mean

cajunator

Banned
Muromi-san OVA

In which:

- Mermaids and humans go to school together
- Muromi gets NTRed
- Muromi takes a needle full of drugs to the head
- Loli mermaids wear school swimsuits... somehow. cnet take notice.
- Muromi gets cheated and ripped off by Hans Christian Andersen
- Levia-san destroys all human civilization
- Takuro gets a tan
- Eating cucumbers does not actually involve eating them,
if ya know what I mean

sounds lewd.

Any ranking of all anime where Attack on Titan is top 10 is absurd and worthless.

I believe the top 10 is an aggregate of what the community has rated the show. So don't blame the list. Blame the overwhelming amount of viewers who rated it so high.

FYI this is gonna take me forever to compile a list. Literally going from A-Z because I just found some anime where I went "hey I remember that, I forgot about that show". By the time I get done with this list I expect to be depressed with how much time I have wasted watching anime.

Might even take me longer seeing as how I remember most of the anime I watched by their English titles and not their Japanese titles.

Nordicus

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori 19

Mmm yay, a hot spring episode. About as much fanservice as you'd expect, but it was fairly interesting too because we got to see Wanyuudou's origin
One thing's for sure, that the waters of hell won't be lukewarm in the slightest
jwY4KdI.jpg

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori 20

Aah, a case where the straw doll is used for blackmail by a vindictive bitch. Lovely. That ending was downright trollish though. I'm not sure whether that was meant to be black comedy. It really was hilarious that when Juri, the blackmailer, ran away from Mari due to seeing her on friendly terms with another human being, again, and then she got hit by a bus this time around.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Might even take me longer seeing as how I remember most of the anime I watched by their English titles and not their Japanese titles.
One thing I recommend doing is to use ANN to jumpstart your list by using their ability to go through the entire list of titles, and then after copying over you can add to and refine it.

Quasar

You should try the app iMAL.

Is it any good?

That's one major reason why I switched to Hummingbird. A great android app for it. Though for some reason I keep updating my MAL account anyway. I really shouldn't..well aside for the manga portion as Hummingbird has yet to support manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom