• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Weekly sales for March 17-23:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1108

As you might tell from something's writeup, these... aren't quite that great of numbers so far.

Here's the updated Winter 2014 vol.1 list:
*6,362 *1 Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*6,255 *1 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*5,080 *1 Saki Zenkoku-hen 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD] 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]

*4,095 *2 Seitokai Yakuindomo* 2014/02/19 [BD/DVD]
*3,611 *1 Super Sonico the Animation 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*2,768 *1 Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
*2,555 *1 Sakura Trick 2014/03/19 [BD/DVD]
Also:
- the GJ-Bu Repeat disc sells 4,508
- Attack on Titan releases its final volume for a current average of 49,691 across all nine volumes

This guy knows what's up.

To be honest, I thought Doki had its flaws, but so does every other Precure. I'm sure some people will start hating HaCha by the end as well.

Well hey, if we have a new Cure here, then I'm not complaining.

Of course, every Precure has it's flaw, granted, it's usually measured on how much said flaw effects us.

Unfortunately, given how it's marketed here.....

Oh god, this drama is Inari is so fucking awful.

Fucking anime.

Drop the show tbh. The resolution for the anime is crap. The upside for the manga is that after where the anime ends, it goes really deep into exploring Uka and Touma's evolving relationship. Though I've all but dropped the manga is I really don't care about inari and 'if you're having girl problems i feel bad for ya son, i got 99 problems but yuri aint one' issues. All I care about is Uka and Touma.
though recently Inari got a boyfriend so maybe they'll focus on those two again in the manga

Jarmel

Banned
Drop the show tbh. The resolution for the anime is crap. The upside for the manga is that after where the anime ends, it goes really deep into exploring Uka and Touma's evolving relationship. Though I've all but dropped the manga is I really don't care about inari and 'if you're having girl problems i feel bad for ya son, i got 99 problems but yuri aint one' issues. All I care about is Uka and Touma.
though recently Inari got a boyfriend so maybe they'll focus on those two again in the manga

Inari is the worst character on her own show due to her self loathing spats. The brother isn't much better but at least he has some chemistry with Uka so it's bearable.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 7

ivPFS6AA5LpHt.jpg

Hooray, an episode all about boobs. B|

I really want someone to slap Ami.

Sentai Filmworks July release slate:

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...ilmworks-announces-july-2014-release-schedule

Devil Survivor 2 (DVD only)
Photo Kano (DVD, sub only)
Yuyushiki (DVD, sub only)
Flowers of Evil (DVD, sub only)
Sasami-san (DVD, sub only)
Majestic Prince
TLRD (sub only)
Oregairu (DVD, sub only)
Crime Edge (sub only)
Gatchaman Crowds
Mondaiji

DeSu2 on DVD only and no SNAFU BD or dub, Sentai really doesnt want my money outside of key pretty boy anime. Terrible month.

Inari is the worst character on her own show due to her self loathing spats. The brother isn't much better but at least he has some chemistry with Uka so it's bearable.

The ending ignores the brother and his relationship, so expect the disappointment to continue.

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...ilmworks-announces-july-2014-release-schedule

Flowers of Evil (sub only)
Majestic Prince
TLRD (sub only)
Oregairu (DVD, sub only)
Crime Edge (sub only)
Gatchaman Crowds
Mondaiji

Surprising to see a bunch of dvd/sub only releases.

Wonder if Sentai's licensing everything under the sun is starting to bite back at them.

Defuser

As you might tell from something's writeup, these... aren't quite that great of numbers so far.

Also:
- Attack on Titan releases its final volume for a current average of 49,691 across all nine volumes
Next Week sales would be Noragami, Nisekoi,Witch Craft and Inari. Good god, I would hate to see Norgami or Inari bombed.

Mikakunin selling more than Love Lab

]
Fucking Otakus are lingerie. Maki has more personality than all the cast of Mikakunin.

Nordicus

I need to get this out of my mind once and of all because it's long stopped being a typo.

It's TouKa

Tou...ka

Or is there some joke I'm not getting?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Also:

Where are the bombas? I want to laugh at something. I hope Noragami and Inari both bomb. Neither deserves good sales.

Mr.Jeff

I find a major flaw in Angel Beats! is also its greatest strength: its numerous cast of characters.
Well from what I recall, Angel Beats was originally meant to be a series spread across a number of different mediums and not just the anime to maximise it's selling potential as opposed to normal VN trash -> anime transition.

Unfortunately this ends up backfiring because this spread out approach makes everything rushed and allows for minimal characterisation amongst its spread of unique characters.

Taruranto

Why do people have the perception that Neferopitou is a male because it doesn't really explain that.

Iirc it is stated
in case the king dies, any ant could reproduce with a female of any specie
, plus Togashi loves gender ambiguity.

Haikyuu!! site updated with the most recent commercials and such. Looks and sound fantastic and even Suga and Sawamura voices. Tanaka is great. I just wish we could get more of Nishinoya

Favorite moments
tumblr_n2zbqnXK5u1tn500wo5_500.png
tumblr_n2zc4xng5k1tn500wo4_500.png

And a HQ of the visual

Looks like 20k per volume and >9999 doujins at comitek.

Rock these fujoshi money you got with kurokok and keep the quality consistent, I.G.

cajunator

Banned
i know that..

But that character is kinda different ( don't want to spoil anything ).

Anyway if you want an escuse to start watching Hxh by all means, please do.. it's one of the best shonen series out there.

I dont really so if you want to PM me spoilers about the character thats fine.

Also:

Sales not so great :/

Flowers of Evil (sub only)

Majestic Prince
TLRD (sub only)
Oregairu (DVD, sub only)
Crime Edge (sub only)
Gatchaman Crowds
Mondaiji

AAAHHHHHHHH! *squees
but so much DVD >_
WILL STILL BUY

Mikakunin is amazing, but I still have to watch Love Lab, I have my eyes on her:

Yes you should watch Love Lab. It was pretty great.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 24 + Final Thoughts

Kon is in the house! And in her grown-up, true form too.
That was a pretty good finale. Closed off a lot of plot points, including ones that were established at the start of the season, but also left it open enough that, should there be more books besides the one or two that currently exist, a theoretical second season is possible.

As far as shows of this kind go, I liked it. There were times when it got a little too impenetrable with all the terminology and organizations and magical politics names flying about, but when it focused on Harutora and friends, things were clear. The action was nice, and the characters were all quirky enough to work. Natsume's twist of being a "boy" for the first part of the series added a new wrinkle to things, and Suzuka was adorable, even if she was threatening testicular removal. Then there's Kon, who was always a joy to watch when she's on screen. The tiger jersey episode comes to mind.

A very solid show overall.

CorvoSol

Great Mazinger 15

The Earth is only 75% water, so what better war-beast to send to conquer it than one that is 100% likely to melt with the slightest contact with water?

Some nightmare scenes in this episode like when some blood-sucking lizards attach onto a dog and suck it dry. This is a kids show?

Also Boss tries his hand at science and it goes horribly awry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom