• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
1395783996418rycoq.jpg
1395786169282defab.jpg

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 12

Please do not lead Mitsuba down the yandere path.

I do not want the purest of all waifus being lead down that road.

And this is coming from a life long yandere worshiper.

Over/under on 500 sold?

If JPN has any taste at all, then it will be under.

Jesus fuck Gaming side has been like on constant drama for the past few weeks. It's gone from Watch Dogs to Dark Souls II to now Oculus Rift. NeoGAF is going to be known as a bunch of whiners and exaggerators if this shit keeps up.

I went into that Angry Joe MGS review thread after watching the video.

Twas not a pretty sight.

Shergal

Noragami 12
The ep was feeling weird, and then I realized why. It's the finale of a fairly typical shounen story, yet it doesn't feature long, heavy-handed speeches about fate and stuff (and spelling out the character arcs). For the most part it lets the events play out and tell the story, which was refreshing.

The action was cool, but it didn't feel that impressive honestly. It had some nice parts, good layouts and bouts of punchy movement, but it also had segments where two people were flying around in the "sky" which was a flat grey background, with the camera rotating aimlessly and no real choreography to speak of. I dunno, it wasn't bad but considering animators like Masahiro Sato tuned in and people were hyping it up, I expected more.
It's still a very minor thing on an episode which is otherwise well-written and fitting for a finale. In the end this was still the most complete show of the season.
Looking forward to Tamura's next gig (Dandy ep maybe?).

Nordicus

It's gone from Watch Dogs to Dark Souls II to now Oculus Rift. NeoGAF is going to be known as a bunch of whiners and exaggerators if this shit keeps up.
Shows how little you know of the internet or gamers. This ain't just NeoGAF

Go on any gaming related site. ANY. The reaction is just as OHGODNO no matter where you look.

Hamatora Episode 12 (END)

Probably the most memorable and infuriating ending out of all anime I have ever seen. That was just, no words can even begin to describe it. Truly an experience especially after having all the usual things that make Hamatora a really magical and perfect series with the witty writing, excellently placed comedy, and traditional friendship moments.

-

Hamatora is one of the best series of 2014 and just all around a blast and joy. There really is no actual bad aspect to it. Highlights were its visuals that made powers always worth watching and something to look forward too, great modern designs for characters with BIrthday, Murasaki, and Nice leading the way (Birthday especially), and the side cast with Theo as the best younger character embracing the ideals in characters that need to always be in anime. The mystery behind the series and its powers and getting down to the solution linking all the various rises in Minimum Holders was a good plot. 10/10.

Tokyo Ravens 24: END

Wow. This episode. It's fucking amazing. Like I can't remember the last time I was glued to my screen like that. So much happened, yet so much still needs to be told. But that's more of an issue of the LN only being 10 volumes in, and the story going up till volume 9. Shame they didn't decide to go for an anime original ending as now I'll be left wanting more and not getting it anytime soon. Until they have like 18 volumes or so.

As to the shit that happened
-Harutora puts on the raven cloak, awakens yakuo, and looks badass with the eye patch. He also seems to be calmer/have a bit of the intelligence of Yakuo. He's not exclusively Harutora now but still seems to have his feelings for Natsume and his friends at the very least.

- For those of you who were fans of Kon it might be a disappointment for you that Kon has now transformed into her actual form, which is basically an adult less moe version of her. Also the whole scene where they defend each other, plus the flashbacks, was tear inducing holy shit. She's still just as loyal/in love with her master as before though.

- Harutora also got another servant, who apparently between him and adult kon they were enough to freak out tattood motherfucker and have him retreat.

-Harutora finally confesses to Natsume that he knew it was her, and they confess to each other. Then they finally fucking kiss. But now they must be separated as Harutora is on the run from the Onmyon agency.

- Did I mention how much of a shame it is we didn't get to see the new Yakuo/Harutora in action with the coat and his 2 servants? I want to see just how effective he is at fighting now.

In conclusion it was a great episode with shit finally happening, but a shitty open ended conclusion. This show started as a romcom, then went to typical magical high school anime, then went to harem romcom hijinks, and it ended fucking badass with all this serious shit and action. Fuck me. That was great. The anime gets an 8.5/10. Just amazing. Also I look forward to the tears of the Kon fans.

I want to post an image of how Harutora looks with his gang at the end of the show, but it'd be spoilers. GAWSH I WANT A SECOND SEASON BUT WON'T GET IT.

CorvoSol

Before K-ON sexualized everything. :(

Yeah, K-ON ruined anime by bringing sex into it. Back in the day Mecha was pure as the driven snow. Getter Robo NEVER spent lingering gazes upon male and female bodies and Lord knows Koji, Boss and Tetsuya never did anything remotely untoward to Sayaka and Jun, who piloted mecha that fired breast missiles purely for technical reasons. And that paragon and saint of female portrayals in anime, Yoshiyuki Tomino, most definitely never sought to have ladies in scantily clad outfits who liked to shove Judau's face in between their breasts and force him to motorboat.

No sir, it was a cleaner, more wholesome time. Like the Bible, really.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 24 END

Now that was a damn fine final episode. I've had very mixed feelings about this show over its run, but I felt like it really came into its own during this last arc, and now I'm really sad to see it end. I sincerely hope we get another season, because satisfying ending point though it was, that's still a hell of a state to leave things in, and I really want to see where things go from here.

This episode also continued to prove that Kon is the best damn character in the show, though
why the fuck did she have to abandon her adorable form when she revealed her true power?! NOOOOOOOO KON STOP THAT YOU WERE PERFECT AS YOU WERE! I seriously hope she reverts to her proper form in the future, because her being stuck in this inferior body would be a far greater tragedy than Natsume dying for good or Harutora's personality being completely overwritten by Yakou's. I would gladly sacrifice both of those characters to have the real Kon back. GLADLY.

Mr.Jeff

Girls und Panzer 07-08
Nothing really unexpected really, overconfidence and the reveal of why they have to win. Also lots of random singing and dancing. I don't really quite buy the idea that Miho managed to pluck up everyone's spirit by doing an embarrassing dance though.

Still, that tank fight at the end of ep 8. So fun times. Student council president is a demon at the gun controls!

Go on any gaming related site. ANY. The reaction is just as OHGODNO no matter where you look.

The difference is that NeoGAF is supposed to be only accessible to those with non-free emails. It's meant to be a barrier to deter kids younger than college years from joining in and whine with bad spelling. Not to say college students can't act just as bad, but it's an extra wall to increase actual discussion skills that most kids don't have (besides insults)

Those other internet and gaming sites are for the most part open to anyone. That's why I complain this site should be better. Did I do something to you that now your recent responses to me have been snarky or condescending?

why the fuck did she have to abandon her adorable form when she revealed her true power?! NOOOOOOOO KON STOP THAT YOU WERE PERFECT AS YOU WERE! I seriously hope she reverts to her proper form in the future, because her being stuck in this inferior body would be a far greater tragedy than Natsume dying for good or Harutora's personality being completely overwritten by Yakou's. I would gladly sacrifice both of those characters to have the real Kon back. GLADLY.

#cnet #lollicious

Narag

The difference is that NeoGAF is supposed to be only accessible to those with non-free emails. It's meant to be a barrier to deter kids younger than college years from joining in and whine with bad spelling. [/BNot to say college students can't act just as bad, but it's an extra wall to increase actual discussion skills that most kids don't have (besides insults)

Those other internet and gaming sites are for the most part open to anyone. That's why I complain this site should be better. Did I do something to you that now your recent responses to me have been snarky or condescending?

Think the ToS' minimum age is 13.

edit: god i can't even bold correctly today. firehawk, come carry me through this too

Nordicus

I hold no ill will towards you, and I'm sorry if, by my quick recollection, two of my recent posts have seemed hostile.

The first one was just me finding same one nit to pick in my screen for multiple posts, and I just generally dislike people dragging their gaming side bitching over here.

Think the ToS' minimum age is 13.

If that's the case maybe I overestimated the site's TOS, but don't know how easy it is for a young teen to get a nonfree email that isn't say their parent. Regardless I always saw the site, when I was an outsider, as the forum to go to for actual gaming debate and discussions. For the most part that's true though, but I see gifs and hyperbole in the thread. It's almost devolved into tumblr.

Narag

If that's the case maybe I overestimated the site's TOS, but don't know how easy it is for a young teen to get a nonfree email that isn't say their parent. Regardless I always saw the site, when I was an outsider, as the forum to go to for actual gaming debate and discussions. For the most part that's true though, but I see gifs and hyperbole in the thread. It's almost devolved into tumblr.

Sadly, it's not quite what it once was in that regard.

Hamatora 12: End

I can't believe I stuck with a shitty series. And what a shitty ending. Like it ended Halo 2 style. Fuck me. I guess this is their way of saying 'be tuned for season 2' but as to me? No. Fuck you Hamatora.

You get a 6/10 because at least I didn't drop you. Lawdy knows I won't watch season 2 unless there's literally nothing else.

Gazoinks

So I forgot this was airing next season and it looks stupidly WONDERFUL.

New Kenzen Robo Daimidaler PV! (this website :lol :lol)

It's basically a dumb, ecchi-filled super robot show directed by the same director as High School DxD, which can only be all kinds of amazing. Sort of reminds me of Godannar.

I don't really like ecchi, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by the penguin empire. And the site is amazing. Aren't the robots powered by groping or something?

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 41

When'd they make up that rule?

Would have been pretty ironic for Pop to become a witch before everybody else seeing as how little of this show's focus has been on her. Alas, new rule. But she wants to do it along with everybody else, so whatever makes her happy I guess.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 41

When'd they make up that rule?

Would have been pretty ironic for Pop to become a witch before everybody else seeing as how little of this show's focus has been on her. Alas, new rule. But she wants to do it along with everybody else, so whatever makes her happy I guess.
Which rule exactly?

Edit: Oh, I think it's because the other girls did it along the way in S1.

It's basically a dumb, ecchi-filled super robot show directed by the same director as High School DxD, which can only be all kinds of amazing. Sort of reminds me of Godannar.

I'm curious... yet Highschool DxD was a bit too echi for me. And this one doesn't look any less ecchi. I mean if the protagonist isn't as annoying as Highschool DxD's or get his ass kicked as many times, I'll watch it. If solely for the huge boner henchmen. Such plot. At the least I can give it a try.

CorvoSol

"But is it 2D?"

Getter Robo G 15

Revisiting this really quickly, I need to ask whether or not people ARE demons from birth in this or they BECOME demons of if both. Because Kocho was made into a demon, and we saw Hayato's sister's fiance become one too. But at the same time we've seen children and parents who are demons so I dunno.

Anyway, in the end Kocho turns out not to have been evil only forced too and at this point it isn't just Getter Team recycling the same plot again and again and again, there HAS to be a point to this and that point HAS to be about what the Post-War era was doing to young women/people/Japan in the eyes of the writer. It's simply too recurring an idea not to be some manner of theme within the show.

Midonin

This is basically High School DxD if it were a super robot show.
Say no more. I'll take any sort of robot that doesn't have a super military context and just wants to be goofy. The fact that Issei loses is part of why I like him, and if that holds up here, I'll be just fine.

And you can't go wrong with that theme song.

Quasar

Well I'd argue this matters. Games not being as pretty as expected on low powered consoles gets a big 'meh' from me. Not that any amount of upset will do anything. Only folks eventually not buying the FB Headset would impact that.

Jintor

i finished bravely default and sleep, wake up, go for a jog, have breakfast, come back here and you're all fuckin' talking about vegetables or something?!?!?!

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 122

Ah, the King versus Netero. Definitely one of the most memorable showdowns in this series.

The two of them are so ridiculously overpowered that it makes me wonder what Youpi and Pouf even want to go to the King's side for. To get swatted like flies, perchance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom