• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all of the shows you're listing are stuffed to the brim with pandering.

Certain characters sure. I won't deny that. But if I recall there are ditzy characters and revealing outfits. My favorite ones tended to be the bosses or the mysterious kind. Such as Balalaika. And most of these were probably seinen, if I had to take a wild guess as to their demographic.

edit: but the argument there was mainly for his view of mine as misogynist. I don't care for a specific type of pandering, which I've mentioned plenty of times.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Play Persona 3 Portable.

If nothing else the Aigis Social Link with FeMC was made just for you.

eGq4k1k.png
KSmnpO0.png
dnGXqu4.png

TnSMmmhmmm.gif

Mature

Mobile Police Patlabor - 38
Wow. I needed to stop briefly and say how much better this episode was than the entire series before it— which is impressive considering the quality of the other episodes in general. After a little bit of research, it turns our Oshii wrote the screenplay here... and every episode I'd deemed excellent before it. Damn. That man knows exactly how I like it.

I really can't wait to start Urusei Yatsura.

cajunator

Banned
Certain characters sure. I won't deny that. But if I recall there are ditzy characters and revealing outfits. My favorite ones tended to be the bosses or the mysterious kind. Such as Balalaika. And most of these were probably seinen, if I had to take a wild guess as to their demographic.

edit: but the argument there was mainly for his view of mine as misogynist. I don't care for a specific type of pandering, which I've mentioned plenty of times.

Moe is cute is life.

Oof. Kimagure Orange Road took me for a rocky ride. I think I might take a short break from romance anime/manga for a bit. I just got my Second Son delivered via Gamefly. Might start that. Beanie-senpai will notice me. Also 2 more days till Golden Time finishes and I can finally say goodbye to Ghost Banri forever. Fuck-a yoo dorphin.

Shrek is cute is life.

Hey bro. Fixed that for ya.

Quasar

Because girls spewing naughty jokes in front of a competent straight man provides some good comedy.

I just wish there was a little bit of continuing story to make up for the same-iness of the gags. Yeah its a 4koma so I shouldn't expect that...but then so is Engaged to the Unidentified.

cajunator

Banned
Oof. Kimagure Orange Road took me for a rocky ride. I think I might take a short break from romance anime/manga for a bit. I just got my Second Son delivered via Gamefly. Might start that. Beanie-senpai will notice me. Also 2 more days till Golden Time finishes and I can finally say goodbye to Ghost Banri forever. Fuck-a yoo dorphin.

Hey bro. Fixed that for ya.

Hell no. Shrek is terrible.

Phi Brain S3 E8

I wasn't expecting such a serious episode around Melancholy, but I'm glad it happened. When she inevitable shows up later on in the arc it'll be dope as hell.

CorvoSol

Yami, Hammy in the Slammy on Rye with Grammy 6

So after several thousand years of debating, Rabbis answered this evening that the REAL reason that Moses parted the red sea was in fact not to flee the horde of Egyptians who were coming to attack the House of Israel as it made its escape, but rather to go find some people to bone in the land of Canaan. In what has been called the Exodus of Anime by absolutely no experts ever, Yami to boshi and fuck it I can't remember that weeb title has recreated this daring moment of virtue and the desire to bone in almost perfect quality with the endearing tale of a little girl who wants to have some big ol' tits and find a dude to bone with as fast as she can. Because this girl's world revolves largely around tits her name is of course MILKa.

If I haven't offended you yet, please stay here just a moment more because BOY DO I STILL HAVE SHIT LEFT TO RUIN YOU WITH! Well, sort of. This post just isn't image heavy enough, though, so please allow me to add three more for the sake of pissing off you namby pambies who can't handle more pitchers in your thread.

+

=

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Thinking it's only really pandering if the characters are ditzy kind of glosses over the issue completely.

cajunator

Banned
Yami, Hammy in the Slammy on Rye with Grammy 6

So after several thousand years of debating, Rabbis answered this evening that the REAL reason that Moses parted the red sea was in fact not to flee the horde of Egyptians who were coming to attack the House of Israel as it made its escape, but rather to go find some people to bone in the land of Canaan. In what has been called the Exodus of Anime by absolutely no experts ever, Yami to boshi and fuck it I can't remember that weeb title has recreated this daring moment of virtue and the desire to bone in almost perfect quality with the endearing tale of a little girl who wants to have some big ol' tits and find a dude to bone with as fast as she can. Because this girl's world revolves largely around tits her name is of course MILKa.

If I haven't offended you yet, please stay here just a moment more because BOY DO I STILL HAVE SHIT LEFT TO RUIN YOU WITH! Well, sort of. This post just isn't image heavy enough, though, so please allow me to add three more for the sake of pissing off you namby pambies who can't handle more pitchers in your thread.

+

=

Elephant oatmeal Corvy.
elephant. Oatmeal.

Thinking it's only really pandering if the characters are ditzy kind of glosses over the issue completely.

Oh I was only generalizing one of the aspects that can be seen as pandering. I can't recall completely every character. I'm sure there's people with a 'girl in distress' or a 'dumb hot girl' or a 'hot girl doing cool shit' fetish/desire. I can't focus on every type and for the sake of that discussion I was referring to the ones at hand. Like somebody else said pandering occurs everywhere. But maybe I don't recall the ones you're referring to. I recall protagonists being great in those shows but maybe nostalgia is clouding my view.

Gazoinks

Kaiba 7

Sudden feels! One of the best episode so far.
Vanilla started as a not very likable character, but he developed into being really likable, and his sacrifice was sad. I liked that, despite being crude and lecherous, he really did love Chronikaiba (and his mom).

Oh, and there was also some plot development. :p
It was already pretty obvious Gel was Neiro, but we go more into it here. So theory: Warp and her were lovers, but he ended up getting corrupted somehow and Neiro joined the terrorists to fight against him. Also he got a point glowy thing on his head. Also Popo is probably an antagonist.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 43

Sequence with Hana-chan turning Tamaki into different "not normal" things was one of the funniest recent ones.

Damn. Only eight episodes left to go.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 43

Sequence with Hana-chan turning Tamaki into different "not normal" things was one of the funniest recent ones.

Damn. Only eight episodes left to go.

Oh good, I got home in time.

About Six pages since I left early morning.... well now...

Gazoinks

Kaiba 8

EVERYONE IS WARP. EVERYONE IS NEIRO.

Sort of confusing episode. Theoretically brought up some answers, but it really just raised more questions!
So the current Warp is a fake, with Kaiba's body being the real. And Popo changed Neiro's memories. And Neiro's memories are in a bunch of things? And there's tons of Warp bodies and some of them were leading the resistance and have ancient technology to gather memories with the Kaiba plant?
Okay!

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 44

Who names their dog "John"?

They're gonna have one hard-ass time making that tapestry. Damn.

Only 7 more...

Quasar

In its defense, this last episode was amazing. I'm highly considering the LN. More than Log Horizon, since that got a second season announced while chances are this won't get one due to lack of material

I am a bit bummed that the show went through books 1-9 whilst the translations are just getting to 5. So I'm stuck waiting for a good while.

Saki the nationals - 11

The best hunters are those who can stay hidden until they are sure their prey can't escape ... Our main character , saki just demonstrated just how effective this tactic is , in front of such a finale. In front of a calculating player , a stalker player that can go on the offensive and a miko that is full offensive to the point that the mahjong titles are not getting in order .. our main character just say that it's "small time" and proceed onward with such fierce attacks nobody can conter anything .. nobody can react the pressure is too strong !!!!!
She broke an anti cheat device that wasn't even in the freaking room !

We're past the realm of the cheats , we're far away from the realm of the gods we're not even in the realm of the unknow , this is saki and she is having fun and everyone else is freaking scared.

I have a little sympathy for the poor normal girl that has to fight against 3 ultra cheats like that She has lost what ? 40,000 points already ? she'll need a nice pat in the back once this is over ..... anyone else would have been bankrupt already.

Saki - 11 was entertaining and you can tell that they went all out on the visual effects , simply AMAZING

I need a good comedy after all the drama I've been seeing. Is Sora No Otoshimono any good? I see it's a favorite but is the comedy actually good I mean.

Sora no otoshimo has the most stupid moments in term of comedy the year it aired .

and i say that in a good way ... it's over the top , but it's so aware of it that it's magnificent.

Now i remember that i need to watch the movie

So that's two nos and a yes. I can't find any more comedies that look interesting. If anybody has recommendations I'll gladly take them. I'd say everything that I've watched but I haven't updated my MAL in ages. And I'm so lazy. Guess I'll keep looking.

Quite true.
it has FLYING PANTIES.

Oh god lol.

cajunator

Banned
So that's two nos and a yes. I can't find any more comedies that look interesting. If anybody has recommendations I'll gladly take them. I'd say everything that I've watched but I haven't updated my MAL in ages. And I'm so lazy. Guess I'll keep looking.

Seen Detroit Metal City or Cromartie high school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom