• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just eat the fucking celery plain you spoiled kids.

Peanut butter smh.

Link Man

Banned
I don't think we got the same results if that's the worst that you got. I got pregnant ladies, i think i saw some furry lovin, and a sonic/shadow sharing a milkshake with hearts all over them. THEY DON'T HAVE BLEACH FOR MY EYES. THEY ARE SPECIAL EYES.

MY BRAND
Also, the guy with cow udders. I've worked up an immunity to horrifying fanart, just ask Corvo.

CorvoSol

i finished bravely default and sleep, wake up, go for a jog, have breakfast, come back here and you're all fuckin' talking about vegetables or something?!?!?!

Look, brother, are you for or-

Now the important question:

For or Against?

are you for or against the Revegetablution? Produce is Power, Leeks are Liberty, Lemons are Life, Oranges Tomatoes, Jabuticaba is Justice and Freshness Freedom.

Or are you a slave to meat?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't think we got the same results if that's the worst that you got. I got pregnant ladies, i think i saw some furry lovin, and a sonic/shadow sharing a milkshake with hearts all over them. THEY DON'T HAVE BLEACH FOR MY EYES. THEY ARE SPECIAL EYES.

MY BRAND
I bet you even saw some female characters too. The horror!

Furyous

Hamatora

This was a good series although I wonder why it took Nice that long to realize he could move twice as fast. I have a sneaking suspicion that Hamatora will be on the run next season. We watched Art die. There's no way Nice is dead. We never saw him actually die but saw a close up, zoom in, then heard a bang. I'm willing to bet this is all a government conspiracy anyway. Next season should the aftermath of what happens when you lust for power and fail to achieve it.

cajunator

Banned
So ultimately it boils down to your crush.

Should have said so in the first place. :p

Heh

D-Frag! 12 END

kGUyowS.gif

I was prepared for many things from this show, but I was not prepared for Chitose of all people to suddenly become the most adorable character in it. Thank you, wonderful flashback, for you have worked miracles.

kBsxuey.gif

These gifs. Mother of a squeeing god.

Jesus fuck Gaming side has been like on constant drama for the past few weeks. It's gone from Watch Dogs to Dark Souls II to now Oculus Rift. NeoGAF is going to be known as a bunch of whiners and exaggerators if this shit keeps up.

Gaf has always been that way. If theres something to whine about gaffers find it.

Your fault for staking a position indiscernible from DTL!

I don't tend to care for all-female cast shows (specifically moe girls doing nothing or simply being moe) or magical girl shows. I didn't say I don't like female characters. I mean I don't even like shonen action that much either, and that tends to be mainly males. I also don't care for yuri or yaoi. It's not like I'm watching shows and saying "oooh I can't wait until all the males hook up"

edit: in fact I would hope my love for romance and romcom anime should prove I do like female characters. Also should emphasize I don't care for ecchi either. Or big anime boobs.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't tend to care for all-female cast shows (specifically moe girls doing nothing or simply being moe) or magical girl shows. I didn't say I don't like female characters. I mean I don't even like shonen action that much either, and that tends to be mainly males. I also don't care for yuri or yaoi. It's not like I'm watching shows and saying "oooh I can't wait until all the males hook up"
When we discussed this earlier you dismissed any show with a majority female cast as being "moe girls", refusing to consider that there might be other motivations behind such stories even after it was explained to you.

To be frank, you came off as misogynistic.

cajunator

Banned
tU8D18f.jpg

Look at that innocent face.

Rockos modern life is one of my better childhood memories.

So I forgot this was airing next season and it looks stupidly WONDERFUL.

New Kenzen Robo Daimidaler PV! (this website :lol :lol)

It's basically a dumb, ecchi-filled super robot show directed by the same director as High School DxD, which can only be all kinds of amazing. Sort of reminds me of Godannar.

this all sounds quite wonderful.

Gravity

Firehawk, I submit.

Why the SHIT didn't I watch this in the theater.

CuCNVef.gif

i was thinking similar. Its something that would be euphoric in IMAX. As it stands I watched it on bluray on a 25 inch Tv in my brothers room lol. Probably not ideal.

for. i goddamn love vegetables.

except celery. fuck celery.

I dont know you anymore!

When we discussed this earlier you dismissed any show with a majority female cast as being "moe girls", refusing to consider that there might be other motivations behind such stories even after it was explained to you.

To be frank, you came off as misogynistic.

Eh. I didn't convey it right maybe. But the shit I've seen has been otaku pandering one way or the other. Magical girl shows may be a staple of anime, but I don't care for it based on what I've seen and I recall this discussion stemming from me saying I enjoyed Princess Tutu but that it was an outlier.

I asked for recommendations and people gave me some. I believe somebody recommended that one with the angel girl and utema. Those don't look to be about moe or shoving in my face the love anime has for kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii girls. If you confused my distaste for moe as a distaste for females in general that's a whole 'nother story, and if so that's my bad. But I tend to love romance anime more than many others so....

Jigolo

Magi 24

Holy shit! Amazing episode.

Did not expect Sinbad to come out of nowhere with his crew. Those guys really are powerful. Wow. And here I thought the Kou Empires Metal Vessel users were at equal with Sinbad's crew but they seem to be outclassed in every way. I also thought Kouen was an equal to Sinbad but shit, Sinbad is on a whole other 3-4 levels above him it seems. How foolish of me.

I definitely overestimated Kouen. I originally thought he was going to be the one to take down the huge monster thing by himself.

Kouen am disappoint

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eh. I didn't convey it right maybe. But the shit I've seen has been otaku pandering one way or the other. Magical girl shows may be a staple of anime, but I don't care for it based on what I've seen and I recall this discussion stemming from me saying I enjoyed Princess Tutu but that it was an outlier.
I would submit that you've been watching the wrong shows, and too willing to make blanket declarations based on that.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, K-ON ruined anime by bringing sex into it. Back in the day Mecha was pure as the driven snow. Getter Robo NEVER spent lingering gazes upon male and female bodies and Lord knows Koji, Boss and Tetsuya never did anything remotely untoward to Sayaka and Jun, who piloted mecha that fired breast missiles purely for technical reasons. And that paragon and saint of female portrayals in anime, Yoshiyuki Tomino, most definitely never sought to have ladies in scantily clad outfits who liked to shove Judau's face in between their breasts and force him to motorboat.

No sir, it was a cleaner, more wholesome time. Like the Bible, really.

This didnt quote properly because mobile is shit, but this brings to mind the incredibly lovely Ginrei.

Hamatora

This was a good series although I wonder why it took Nice that long to realize he could move twice as fast. I have a sneaking suspicion that Hamatora will be on the run next season. We watched Art die. There's no way Nice is dead. We never saw him actually die but saw a close up, zoom in, then heard a bang. I'm willing to bet this is all a government conspiracy anyway. Next season should the aftermath of what happens when you lust for power and fail to achieve it.

I hope they make it a summer of fall. I just need answers right now.
like we never found out what moral told art as he was dying back then

I would submit that you've been watching the wrong shows, and too willing to make blanket declarations based on that.

I guess? But these past few seasons aren't exactly dissuading me. When a show has strong female characters that aren't there to please the viewer's fetish I'll give it a try. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, as far as I see Kino's Journey, Baccano, Ghost in the Shell (skimpy outfit excluded), Steins;Gate or Black Lagoon. In fact many of the previously mentioned are in my top 10 anime. If you want to tell me which shows prove me wrong be my guest, KirbYayoi already recommended Do Re Mi so I'll eventually give that a watch.

I'm an engineer/scientist and a negative at heart. I base my opinions on observation and evidence. If the evidence I've gathered as the majority says something, I'll go with that. I'm also willing to admit I was wrong on my hypothesis. Magical girl shows don't tend to agree with me so far.

Gazoinks

Kaiba 6

"If I'd met you sooner, I think my life could've been different." Nooo. That was totally Neiro and now you just passed each other by. Damn it Kaiba. Warp. Whoever you are. Also some interesting stuff about what happens when there's a disconnect between your mental gender and the gender of your body. Also the memory tower suuuuuuucks.

Kaiba plants eat memories. And the main character is called Kaiba. Obviously no importance there.

And finally, another old couple falls to Yuasa. ;_;

Seems like we're slowly starting to develop something of an overarching plot. I'm expecting it to fully kick into gear in about two episodes, Kemonozume followed a similar structure.

Mr.Jeff

Kaiba 6

"If I'd met you sooner, I think my life could've been different." Nooo. That was totally Neiro and now you just passed each other by. Damn it Kaiba. Warp. Whoever you are. Also some interesting stuff about what happens when there's a disconnect between your mental gender and the gender of your body. Also the memory tower suuuuuuucks.

Kaiba plants eat memories. And the main character is called Kaiba. Obviously no importance there.

And finally, another old couple falls to Yuasa. ;_;

Seems like we're slowly starting to develop something of an overarching plot. I'm expecting it to fully kick into gear in about two episodes, Kemonozume followed a similar structure.
I can't remember exactly when I did this when I first started watching Kaiba but at some point during the run before the explanation of the plot kicks in, I went back to episode 1 and rewatched it. It's quite impressive to see how much is actually explained in that first 20 minutes when you know the rules and logic of the show.

HUnter x hunter - 122

So freaking magnificent.

So much awesome... and that was just the premilinaries...

"i shall checkmate you shortly "

SO good.

Gazoinks

I can't remember exactly when I did this when I first started watching Kaiba but at some point during the run before the explanation of the plot kicks in, I went back to episode 1 and rewatched it. It's quite impressive to see how much is actually explained in that first 20 minutes when you know the rules and logic of the show.

Ooh, I'll keep this in mind. I did a similar thing when I watched Utena last year.

HUnter x hunter - 122

So freaking magnificent.

So much awesome... and that was just the premilinaries...

"i shall checkmate you shortly "

SO good.

there needs to be an epic chess battle shonen anime ala children's hobby show style.

With explosions. And rooks. And hookers.

In fact forget about the explosions and rooks.

sonicmj1

Who's the character design? I swear I've seen that face before.

That Ginrei design is from the Giant Robo OVA, but all the characters in it are based on characters from many different manga by source author Mitsuteru Yokoyama. In addition to making stuff based on "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and "The Water Margin", he also was the creator of Tetsujin 28-go, or as it's known in America, Gigantor.

Kimagure Orange Road: Complete

If it wasn't for the movies that gave me what I wanted, I would've hated this show and Kyosouke for being such an indecisive bitch. But at least with the movies best girl won. And it was very sweet.

I give the tv series a 7/10

And the movies an 8/10

And your favorite anime a shit/shit

Setokai yakuindomo S2 - 12
Uomi is
the final boss
! WHAT A TWIST.jpg

i really wonder just how pure mitsuba really is. ( don't get this the wrong way but dammn ...where is the wife.gif when i need it .)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I guess? But these past few seasons aren't exactly dissuading me. When a show has strong female characters that aren't there to please the viewer's fetish I'll give it a try. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, as far as I see Kino's Journey, Baccano, Ghost in the Shell (skimpy outfit excluded), Steins;Gate or Black Lagoon. In fact many of the previously mentioned are in my top 10 anime. If you want to tell me which shows prove me wrong be my guest, KirbYayoi already recommended Do Re Mi so I'll eventually give that a watch.
As I told you originally, pay attention to what shows are seinen(read: FOR MEN) and which are actually shoujo(read: FOR GIRLS). The latter include shows like Oniisama e, which is probably as close to opposite of a moe show as you can get.

By the way, please get over using "moe" as some sort of ultimate pejorative.
I'm an engineer/scientist and a negative at heart. I base my opinions on observation and evidence. If the evidence I've gathered as the majority says something, I'll go with that. I'm also willing to admit I was wrong on my hypothesis. Magical girl shows don't tend to agree with me so far.
If you were an actual scientist you should be ashamed of yourself for your sloppy methodology. Faintly overheard opinions with no regard for background or bias? Please.

At this point I give up. Obviously we're not going to see face to face on the subject and it appears I've struck a nerve. I'll just drop it as we're going in circles and I have no desire for it to get more hostile. I'm here to talk about anime and tell you your favorite anime is shit, not to make enemies. Lovers on the other hand, I welcome.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 42

I've shat on Hadzuki's mom before and was totally prepared to shit on her again after Hadzuki learned that she was having her take the Karen Academy exam without telling her. And yeah, that was a dick move that she should have talked with her about. But...for the first time, I felt as though Hadzuki's mom was acting with Hadzuki's best interest in mind. If Karen is the best place for Hadzuki to go for her to become a professional violinist (which, as Hadzuki's mom points out, is incredibly difficult), then I don't hate her for doing this. But yeah, it's ultimately Hadzuki's decision and she should have spoken to her about it. And then it becomes apparent that Hadzuki hadn't put much thought into it herself, wanting to go to Misora Junior High because her friends were going there. But is that the best thing for her?

Also, for the first time, there's some backstory on Hadzuki's mom that sorta justifies her protectiveness of Hadzuki, and her desire to protect her as her mom had protected her. Still goes too far sometimes, but this is a lot better than "Oh my gramma was so strict and I couldn't play with talking dolls I'm still a child inside".

Why did that guy give that evil laugh after telling Hadzuki's mom what his plan was? He failed. I guess crushing somebody's heart is a good consolation prize when failing to pilfer a family fortune? Dick.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 10 [END]

I really thought
they were going to pull a happy ending and find some way/loophole in restoring Uka-sama's powers while allowing Inari to maintain her ability to sense spirits.
So pissed they didn't!
The last 5 minutes were just downright depressing as you watch Inari break down and mourn over the fact that she'll never be able to see her spiritual partner again. Sure she has more friends and a guy that's interested her, but so the fuck what? She lost Uka-sama in the process! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULSHIT! T_T

Theonik

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When a show has strong female characters that aren't there to please the viewer's fetish I'll give it a try. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, as far as I see Kino's Journey, Baccano, Ghost in the Shell (skimpy outfit excluded), Steins;Gate or Black Lagoon.
Almost all of the shows you're listing are stuffed to the brim with pandering.

Phi Brain S3 E6

Been so long since I've watched Phi Brain but it's just as enjoyable as I remember it, Gammon focused puzzles are meh but at least this had some great Ana moments in it. The puzzle itself was actually solvable and is a pretty good puzzle

Phi Brain S3 E7

Any episode that focuses on Melancholy is a great episode of Phi Brain, glad that she's quickly being made into an ally this season. Really like the idea behind this puzzle will be interesting to see how they solve it.

Why is Seitokai Yakuindomo, so over the top hilarious, seriously it makes me crack up due to the silliness of the characters especially Aria and Shino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom