• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•07-09•17 - Minions cede dominion over box office, Homecoming KING

kswiston

At the risk of interrupting some third-life angst, Boxoffice.com updated their long range forecast a few hours ago.

They have IT at $40M opening weekend and $100M total. That seems like pretty big lowball given how popular the trailer was on YouTube (I will ignore the record viewership largely based on social media autoplays).

Dunkirk got bumped back up to $55M opening weekend. I think that might be a bit high, but we'll see.

kswiston

I was in fourth grade when the iPhone came out.

I was a few months shy of getting my M.Sc.

I am also old enough that Ontario was still making us go for a fifth year of high school if we wanted to attend university. So I graduated at 19 and was already legal drinking age. The fifth year was cut in 2003 in favour of full year Junior Kindergarten. Universities suffered pretty badly for about 5 years. If you were one of those unlucky 1984 to 1985 babies, you had twice the kids fighting over something like 1.3x the regular university placements.

Slayven

George what kind of accent is Tom Holland's real one?

I was watching a rerun of hot in cleveland and dude pulled out a

tmobile-g1-00-600x600-hero.png

The boss at my first post high school job had one, i thought it was hot shit at the time

I do miss the exclusive days of just university students

Pitching to get your school added to the system... Good times, good times

I somehow got in a while before they opened it to high school students because a friend insisted I get one.

And then I didn't actually use it until like a year after everyone else in high school was on it.

UK system is:

1. Primary (elementary) school - Reception (or year 0, not compulsory depending on local authority) then years 1-6. We finish at age 10 or 11.
2. Secondary (high) school - Years 7-11. Finish at age 15 or 16.
3. Sixth Form (or college) - Years 12-13. Finish at age 18 or 19.
4. University.

So I finished primary school and started secondary school the same year the iPhone released.

Slayven

The first movie i saw in theaters was a Bambi/Song of the South double feature.

And before you be assholes it was a rerelease

Penguin

I think the first movie really remember going to the theater for was.... Kazaam

Listen I thought Shaq was cool as a kid, I made a lot of questionable decisions

Supposedly the first movie I ever saw in theatres was Jurassic Park, but I'm not entirely sure I trust my parents' memory on that one, and I was certainly too young to remember.

The first movie I remember seeing in theatres was Toy Story.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
With a lot of you, the first movie I recall seeing was Jurassic Park. They may have took me to a Disney flick or two prior, but they didn't make me poop my pants!

tumblr_inline_n8bi916Ero1qkpo71.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrBTKZQjLHA

Now you know why when people say CW casting i am like "You sweet summer child"

Till I clicked the link, my dumbass thought that was a show about lesbians named Tarzan. It's unfair for a guy to have that majestic of hair.

Not

Banned
First movie I remember seeing in theaters was Lion King. I have an image of the sunset in the theater.

I was 2

TWO GREAT EPISODES
They were very much the opposite of great, believe me :p
2 episodes....brah.

These kids binging entire seasons don't know how good they got it

LOL that came toward the end of the great Disney afternoons. It wasn't as good as Aladdin or even Hercules series.
Tell me about it! I would've killed to have my favourite cartoons in their entirety at the click of a button.

Tarzan was the only Disney animated show (based on a movie) I was watching, as far as I remember. Hercules and Aladdin were... before my time. I think there was a Timon & Pumbaa show but I didn't watch it.

Top Bottom