• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 11•06-08•15 - Bond shaken not stirred by deez peanuts, phresh top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. This weekend's drop is in the right range to hit $200M, considering that Thanksgiving is coming up soon.

The Martian is still going to finish ahead of Spectre domestically though.

Speaking of Hunger Games, tracking is not pointing to that lost Catching Fire audience returning for the finale.

Shouldn't have split the movies

I finally saw Mockingjay pt 1 on Hulu or Netflix last week. Going to eat a bit of Crow on this one, but it's actually good. Julianne Moore and PSH kill it in their roles, the movie is genuinely depressing, and the lack of cheesy CG makes the whole thing feel more grounded. It's better than the equal portions of the book, mostly because it steps out of Katniss' fucked up head. And it's the first movie of the trilogy that adds some meat to the dystopia they've been trying to sell you.

If they could have found a way to make a full movie with an equal amount of gravitas it would have been the best thing. Part 2 is going to be a CGI gorefest with a nonsensical ending, so WoM will probably be terrible.

kswiston

China will give Spectre a boost over Skyfall, but it's not doing crazy numbers there based on the first Friday/Saturday. Maybe $100M total (Skyfall was around $60M in China).

UK gross will be close to Skyfall in GBP (I think Spectre hits at least 90% of Skyfall's total), but it will take a hit on the exchange to USD. Domestic will be down $80-100M. I haven't been following grosses in other overseas territories super closely, but I don't think Bond will hit $1B this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom