• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |OT| Out With The New Order, In With The Old Blood

Nick_C

Supernatural Nazis > Tech Nazis.

I too wish to know what the purpose of the old silver is. I see lots of it, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else find the secret room in the chapter 1 dream world?

If you collect every piece of silver in one of the nightmare levels it unlocks something in your collection for that level. When you get every piece during the first dream it'll unlock a character model.

As to where to find secrets in the dreams, I've just been walking along walls that don't have rooms adjacent to them. A button prompt will pop up and there's always more than one per map.

why am I not be able to see the game's steam app on my profile? seems achievements are going to be hidden from public view as a result.

Jinjo

This game feels tougher on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty than TNO did. Like a lot more difficult.

epmode

i really hate how he'll thow a knife instead of just melee when i'm trying to break open boxes.

You were too far away from the box impact point. It's a little touchy. Either move closer first or manually switch to a melee weapon before attacking.

I beat the entire game on Uber and never thought it was difficult. You just have too many weapons and too much ammo to ever get into a tough spot. Even the final boss is a cakewalk once you actually think about the mechanics that you can use.

Should be noted I beat the final boss of New Order on the first try. Only thing I can think of is playing with a mouse just makes the game easy compared to the console versions.

Stormus

I beat the entire game on Uber and never thought it was difficult. You just have too many weapons and too much ammo to ever get into a tough spot. Even the final boss is a cakewalk once you actually think about the mechanics that you can use.

Should be noted I beat the final boss of New Order on the first try. Only thing I can think of is playing with a mouse just makes the game easy compared to the console versions.

On console and on higher difficulties, that final boss in TNO was such a bullet sponge. I don't know if it was difficult per se, but man he didn't die easy.

I just got to
the digsite

Really loving this expansion. And yes, BJ is a hilarious character. It helps that the supporting cast, dialogue (and german) is always top-notch.

On console and on higher difficulties, that final boss in TNO was such a bullet sponge. I don't know if it was difficult per se, but man he didn't die easy.
I just circle strafed while picking up armor drops, worked out pretty well. The final boss in The Old Blood is a bit more mechanically interesting at the least.

How is the German performed for those who speak the language?

Raptomex

Downloading now. Can't wait until I get home. After beating TNO I always felt the game needed more. Hopefully this will satisfy that. I love the fact this and the TNO are single-player only, too. I just wish there was more replayability. But I'm all for single-player focused games.

Vaga

Dammit why is the retail version coming out in 9 days?

108227-kevin-sorbo-disappointed-gif-I-izeO.gif

Absolutely loved it. Returning to Castle Wolfenstein was just what the doctor ordered after TNO. Lots and lots of natzies to kill in this one. BJ for President.

How do you get Gold on the challenge maps?
You have to change the difficulty of the Challenge Map. Gold medals don't become available until "I Am Death Incarnate."

I have worked my way up to Chapter 4 and when looking at each Chapter's collectibles it shows one character slot as being grey. However, when I am in the corresponding chapter and check the Character collectible slot, it shows "4/4" or however many there are for the Chapter.

Does anyone know what's going on?
If you collect every piece of silver in one of the nightmare levels it unlocks something in your collection for that level. When you get every piece during the first dream it'll unlock a character model.
Thanks for this! Seeing a Character silhouette, but having the game report to me that I completed X/X Characters for the Chapter was driving me insane!

TJf5l1c.jpg

j2h8ixv.jpg

pZyIK44.jpg

It's insane how much this harkens back to Return to Castle Wolfenstein at times (I mean, you could consider it a remake, no?) :)

latest

Return_to_castle_wolfenstein.jpg

Fury451

Banned
This game feels tougher on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty than TNO did. Like a lot more difficult.

I concur. I don't know if there's more enemies in certain scenarios or what, but each soldier poses a genuine threat to you.

The "grammar Nazi" dialogue bit was great.

Netprints

I need help. I am on chapter 4 and I cant beat
the big robot dog
I am playing on Uber. how do it beat this part.

Ricker

I was coming here to post about this very section. Not sure if you were unmounting the gun or not, but if you were, DO NOT. I kept unmounting it, but if you just mount it in place, meaning leave it as a turret, you have infinite bullets. It is 1000 times easier once you do this. Once I figured that out, did it in the first go.

I guess I just naturally hold down square too long.

So I am up to slightly past that part, just started Chapter 2, and not sure what the beef with the first Chapter 1 was at all. I love the game so far, but I loved The New Order as well.

Thanks for the tip man,also got pass this section on the first try after doing what you mentionned with the turret lol...so use to grabbing it and in TNO,you could remount it to reload it also so I had almost forgotten that you can just use it like a turret.

I need help. I am on chapter 4 and I cant beat
the big robot dog
I am playing on Uber. how do it beat this part.
There should be a machine gun laying around from one of the big guys you killed. Just spray the
dog
with it or your dual assault rifles for a few seconds and he'll explode. As long as you can keep your distance it's over before you can even think about it.

Jinjo

I concur. I don't know if there's more enemies in certain scenarios or what, but each soldier poses a genuine threat to you.

The "grammar Nazi" dialogue bit was great.

Yeah I toned down the difficulty a notch and I'm having a lot more fun already, while the game still remains challenging.

DirtyLarry

Thanks for the tip man,also got pass this section on the first try after doing what you mentionned with the turret lol...so use to grabbing it and in TNO,you could remount it to reload it also so I had almost forgotten that you can just use it like a turret.
Not a problem. I seriously came to this thread with the sole intent of at the very least discussing that section, and sure enough your post was the most recent one and made me feel better about the fact I was not the only one struggling with that section.

I also did the same thing in TNO with the turrets. Interesting how a specific style of play could affect a single section like that one so dramatically. I have to believe it was intentionally done by the developer. They knew that most people just rip the turret off and said to themselves lets fuck with people and see how long it takes people to figure it out.

Sometimes I think I'm the only fan of the post-plane intro level in New Order. I fucking loved assaulting the castle.

It's not the best part of the game - by a long shot - but people seem to be consistently hyperbolic about how bad they think it is. I certainly preferred the more action-oriented opening of The New Order as opposed to the slow burn of The Old Blood.

Sometimes I think I'm the only fan of the post-plane intro level in New Order. I fucking loved assaulting the castle.

I thought it was great. Old-fashioned castle infiltration before everything gets fucked up. The part where you're mowing down enemies in the trenches was a highlight.

Also does BJ ever get a shirt? Or does he just commit to the Ahnuld look the whole way through?

030714_commando06.jpg

thejpfin

Bloody amazing game. I like this more than TNO, but hey, I'm a sucker for super natural stuff and Old Blood sure has a lot crazy stuff.

Like zombies, man those bastards run fast. I turned around to see are there any enemies behind me, when I turn back. This ugly zombie is in my face, almost got a heart attack :p

zorbsie

Man challenge rooms are going to be really tough. Finished one on uber and didn't come close to gold. Doesn't help that there is a load between retries.

so i wasn't as enamored by TNO as a lot of the rest of you. is this better or worse? or just more of the same?
Definitely more of the same. Different in some thematic ways and with the addition of a few gameplay elements, but still got the same feel as TNO.

Lingitiz

Played TNO on PS4 and switched over to PC for this one. The shooting is so much more satisfying on mouse and keyboard.

d00d3n

I was surprised to see that they have expanded
the Wolfenstein 3d mini-game
with additional levels. How many of these will I have to play through?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You collect a lot of "Old Silver"...to what end, I do not yet know.

Think it was mentioned earlier that finding all of the Old Silver in a level will unlock some collectible(the final missing one on the chapter select I believe). Beating the nightmare levels has trophies attached as well.

DomLando

I'm in the US and want to import the PAL PS4 version so I can have a physical copy. Anyone know the cheapest and best place I should order from? And I should have no issues with the PAL version, playing on a US console correct?

Top Bottom