• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues zoo for not stopping her when she put her hand inside a Lion cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
VCKb1BXl.png

Why

UrbanRats

Killing something and then preparing it for eating is the ultimate way to build a connection with nature. Hunting something that doesn't eat meat, but can fight back and kill you is something that everyone should experience at least once.

Only if you eat their heart as it is still beating.

rjinaz

That lion showed some restraint. They don't kill the animals when things like this happen do they?

I think they do, even if not at fault. Something about getting the taste for human blood. At least that's how they do things in America as far as I know.

Idiot woman is lucky the lion only got her finger.

That kid got what he deserved for being a total dumbass, by 11 he should probably know that tigers are dangerous animals and that they can fuck you up so don't stick your hand near them. Also fuck the father for not watching his kid and for the zoo for having that cage that allows anyone to stick his arm inside. Also fuck zoos in general, fucking indecent concept.

Get out with this bs. He was not clever, but he's still just a kid. The only one to blame for this is the father.

ElRenoRaven

Wait so let me get this straight. This idiot asks to pet the lion. Staff says no you moron. Idiot then proceeds to pet the lion anyway. Do I have this right? If so then next time can they just let her walk into the cage?

charsace

I'll count you as the Khaleesi of the Goathraki from now on.

In my life I made slingshots and killed birds with them. Wrestled a goat, tied it to a tree, and slaughtered it for eating, slaughtered a pig, and help to kill a wild crocodile for eating.

BWJinxing

tumblr_n9elezt5Io1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Im a bit confused by the headline.

Is she suing because she was told to keep quiet or is she suing about her ignorance. If she's suing because they told her to keep quiet...its different then suing for losing her finger.

In which case this article is pretty awfully written.

FStop7

Banned
Woman is a dumbass.

Weird cage setup for a lion. At the San Diego zoo the male lions are kept at a greater distance and there are warning signs at the viewing rails because they can spray urine over 10+ feet. Apparently, that's a thing they do.

Here's the woman who got injured by the lion.

lion1n-4-web.jpg

With that little scratch she looks now even more ridiculous because of that 11 year old boy ...who didn't sue.

They should check if she's capable of raising her child though. Not exactly role model material "yes kids, it's ok to touch lions in the zoo. But make sure to ask first and then ignore the staff"

rbanke

Sir, is it ok if I put my hand in your wood chipper?

I kind of wish the Zoo would counter sue for attempting to feed the animals.

Soodanim

Leave the idiots to it. If they have mental problems that make them a danger to themselves then they should have carers. I have no sympathy. She's a dumb cunt for doing it and an all round cunt for trying to sue.

Tenumi

Banned
So let me get this straight... The women sticks her hand in a lions cage, the staff warns her not to do that, she does it anyway, faces the logical consequences, and sues the staff for not telling her to not do that.

...*Sigh*

She decided to go to the secured area of the zoo

If I'm the zoo's director I'm looking into why this was possible in an area with dangerous animals. "Secured" doesn't mean "put up a sign saying 'hey, you. Yeah you better not come past this sign.'"

Not that I'm rooting for the woman to win her case, but dang does that zoo need a review of its security protocols if any old yahoo can get within arm's distance of a lion.

The Adder

Banned
I hate to admit it, but it's a valid thing to sue over. Whay if it had been a mentally handicapped person instead of just an idiot?

Siegcram

I hate to admit it, but it's a valid thing to sue over. Whay if it had been a mentally handicapped person instead of just an idiot?
But it's not. And a mentally handicapped person would have to have someone with him/her.

It's not the zoo's job to physically restrain you just so you don't pet a freakin lion.

The Adder

Banned
But it's not. And a mentally handicapped person would have to have someone with him/her.

It's not the zoo's job to physically restrain you just so you don't pet a freakin lion.

It's the fact that this is a thing that a person can do that makes it a valid lawsuit. The zoo's responsibility is to not allow for this potential liability. And they failed in that responsibility.

Siegcram

It's the fact that this is a thing that a person can do that makes it a valid lawsuit. The zoo's responsibility is to not allow for this potential liability. And they failed in that responsibility.
If that area she went to is marked "staff only" or something they did all they have to do.
And I'm gonna assume that's the case.

Septimius

So someone tripping on flat ground and breaking their arm at the zoo can sue the zoo?

The Adder

Banned
So someone tripping on flat ground and breaking their arm at the zoo can sue the zoo?

Yes. They can. They'll lose of course, because the zoo has no reasonable way of preventing tripping on flat ground.

The zoo does have reasonable ways of preventing the general public from gaining access to areas in which they can be harmed by the animals. A sign is not enough.

Siegcram

Yes. They can. They'll lose of course, because the zoo has no reasonable way of preventing tripping on flat ground.

The zoo does have reasonable ways of preventing the general public from gaining access to areas in which they can be harmed by the animals. A sign is not enough.
How about, hypothetically of course, a staff memeber were to tell a member of the general public "No, you can't pet this lion." That enough?

rjinaz

No, he just connected the two pictures from this
post http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=123842693
which already gave the illusion that she has a giant arm

Oh I see, totally misinterpreted that. There is actually a video of her where she it sitting at a table with her daughter and she's slim so it appeared this was done to make her look fat. Anyway...

She also claims she was given permission to get close to the cage and that the zoo people told her it was ok. I'm sure she's lying but she didn't appear to me to be a completely clueless lady unless she was on drugs or something. Who knows.

both are equally stupid

woman is stupid for obvious reason

badly maintained shoddy zoo with crappy cages and crappy conditions for large animals are also stupid for allowing guests to approach the cage

I have no sympathy for random people who live in the country who get exotica animals to be paraded and caged

Alienous

Dumb ass, I hope the judge laughs her out of court.

I hope they do overtly subtle shit with their fingers.

"So you are saying that the third digit on your left hand was bitten off? Or was it your right hand? Please look carefully at my hands. Was it your left hands middle finger? Or your right hands one? Left? Right?"

eot

Banned
Killing something and then preparing it for eating is the ultimate way to build a connection with nature. Hunting something that doesn't eat meat, but can fight back and kill you is something that everyone should experience at least once.

I'm sure cannibals say the same about people.

skipped through the lion video and thought it was harmless.

and then i scrolled down.

there goes my appetite for the rest of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom