• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues zoo for not stopping her when she put her hand inside a Lion cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

VCKb1BXl.png

With a hand that large it was inevitable...

sub_o

So hypothetically a random guy can sue her for not blocking while he punches her straight onto her jaw?

Fred-87

Eknots

Would have thought it was the daughter and that it would be a little kid, nope just a fucking idiot.
Should have just jumped in the cage so natural selection could take place.

NEO0MJ

Also fuck zoos in general, fucking indecent concept.

What?! Zoos are very important for protecting and studying wildlife and the reason a lot of animals are not extinct to this day. However, strict rules and regulations should be applied to them to make sure that the animals get the care and space they need.

Eknots

What?! Zoos are very important for protecting and studying wildlife and the reason a lot of animals are not extinct to this day. However, strict rules and regulations should be applied to them to make sure that the animals get the care and space they need.

I would say reserves are important for protecting and studying wildlife, not them caged in a tiny space compared to their norm. But I guess it depends on the zoo, I'm sure there's some where they give the animals a lot of privacy and space. I can see zoo breeding programs being important if there's an extinction issue

All the zoos that I've been to make it impossible to stick you hands into the enclosure of a dangerous animal, using either glass, barriers, fine mesh or a combination of all three. The fact that she was able to put her hand into the enclosure is worrying as it would imply that a child might be able to do the same.

Because she's an adult of supposed sound mind and should know better I hope she doesn't get a penny from the zoo in damages.

Dead Man

I don't know.

As a member of staff I'm not so sure you can take a "Well, it's your funeral" approach to these happenings. There are mentally handicapped adults out there.

Ah, I don't know. I think it's tricky.

You want staff to physically restrain someone? That's a lawsuit too.

ElRenoRaven

You want staff to physically restrain someone? That's a lawsuit too.

Yup. They'd be sued in a heartbeat by a moron for doing that too. You can't win. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't anymore. People need to start taking responsibility for their stupidity and GET SOME FUCKING COMMON SENSE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom