• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman sues zoo for not stopping her when she put her hand inside a Lion cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing...

Just imagine if this boy's father tried to sue...

(NSFW!!!!!) http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f5_1406923293 (NSFW!!!!!)

zHPiW6Q.gif

charsace

This is why I think everyone should have to kill an animal and then eat it at least once. People are so far removed from nature that the instinct to survive has dulled.

Siegcram

This is why I think everyone should have to kill an animal and then eat it at least once. People are so far removed from nature that the instinct to survive has dulled.
Huh? I fail to see the connection between shooting and eating a deer and not knowing that petting a lion is probably not a great idea.

And I say that as someone who has done neither and thinks both is stupid.

UrbanRats

I'm not sure how the first part applies, but it does seem like some people think they live in a Disney Cartoon, when it comes to potentially dangerous animals.

Chunky

I think the real takeaway here is how poorly the article's written. Did they get a 16 year-old intern to bang it out or something?

dramatis

Reminds me of this Parks and Rec scene.

The details seem pretty muddy and much of a he said, she said situation. If the staff let her into the staff only area, are they still culpable even though she is the one who stuck her hand in?

Radec

Okay, I clicked on that liveleak vid. Holy shit. Dumb parents. Dumb kid. Jesus.

The comments had be lol'ing tho.

Xerotwo

Reminds me of that old Looney Tunes short with that kid messing with the lion more than 3 times.

The lion eats him in the end

charsace

Huh? I fail to see the connection between shooting and eating a deer and not knowing that petting a lion is probably not a great idea.

And I say that as someone who has done neither and thinks both is stupid.

I'm not sure how the first part applies, but it does seem like some people think they live in a Disney Cartoon, when it comes to potentially dangerous animals.

Killing something and then preparing it for eating is the ultimate way to build a connection with nature. Hunting something that doesn't eat meat, but can fight back and kill you is something that everyone should experience at least once.

That's nothing...

Who the fuck wrote this:

In this new video we can see the boy playing in the lion's cage and in the cage of the tiger who torn apart his arm.
The boy's father said that when the moment of the attack was taking care of her other 3yo son and did not see the boy surpassing the security area but witnesses said the father was right next door and saw the boy playing with the animals and was having fun.

Seriously. I'm trying really hard to decipher it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That's nothing...

That kid got what he deserved for being a total dumbass, by 11 he should probably know that tigers are dangerous animals and that they can fuck you up so don't stick your hand near them. Also fuck the father for not watching his kid and for the zoo for having that cage that allows anyone to stick his arm inside. Also fuck zoos in general, fucking indecent concept.

Siegcram

Killing something and then preparing it for eating is the ultimate way to build a connection with nature. Hunting something that doesn't eat meat, but can fight back and kill you is something that everyone should experience at least once.
My connection with nature and cooking skill are perfectly fine without needless killing, thank you.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
That kid got what he deserved for being a total dumbass, by 11 he should probably know that tigers are dangerous animals and that they can fuck you up so don't stick your hand near them. Also fuck the father for not watching his kid and for the zoo for having that cage that allows anyone to stick his arm inside. Also fuck zoos in general, fucking indecent concept.

He didn't deserve this dude... 11 can be a questionable age for judgement depending on how they were raised.. The father and the adults around fucked up big time though..

Kid didn't think anything serious could happen because of the cages giving a sense of safety I bet.

charsace

My connection with nature and cooking skill are perfectly fine without needless killing, thank you.

Its just the way I feel. Its crazy to me that a lot of people will live their lives without ever killing something and then prepare it to be eaten. Crazy that people who eat meat are squeamish about killing animals. I just think that everyone should have to work within the cycle of nature at least once.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Suing a zoo... really? That's nice, taking away care money from the animals that live there :/

I have zero sympathy for things like this. Like the woman that went to go play with the polar bears and then started flipping out cause she realized that they are big predators once she got inside.

Siegcram

Its just the way I feel. Its crazy to me that a lot of people will live their lives without ever killing something and then prepare it to be eaten. Crazy that people who eat meat are squeamish about killing animals. I just think that everyone should have to work within the cycle of nature at least once.
I guess technically I've done that, since I was fishing several times.
But actively killing something has nothing to do with the cycle of nature/life. That just means we eat animals we consider below us on a chain.
Not that we have to kill them ourselves when we can easily buy their meat at a market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom