• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pai Pai Master said:
I hadn't touched WoW until the sale last month and I had no idea how fucking good the music was. I love Blizzard games and their music is always excellent, but WoW's OST is massive, varied, and superbly composed. I've barely touched most of the game world and there are already so many memorable themes.

Are the soundtracks available on iTunes?

Yes. $10 a pop.

Tucah

you speak so well
Still not entirely sold on buying Cata this week. I'm kind of interested in Worgen/Goblins, but I don't have an 80 yet so it seems kind of pointless to drop the $40 right now for something I won't really use.

I just started up a new character when 4.3 dropped too so I have enough to keep me busy for a while.

Ramirez

Tamanon said:
80 only. It's not like Northrend or Outland. Luckily Northrend is 20% faster now. So theoretically Sholazar should max you out.

I'm stoked to start my Worgen Druid and starting my Dwarven Warrior tonight!

Ah, that sucks.

Atrophis

Man why didn't I resub a few days ago. Doubt im gonna get access tonight, account management is struggling rather badly :(

Hixx

An hour. I'm getting so hyped. I'm kind of mindlessly levelling my level 24 druid for no reason... think I'm going to stick with my Death Knight first, gathering prof for money, epic flying and decently geared. Would've preferred to take my Paladin through but gonna wait till I can afford the epic flying for him which should be soon if past expansion AH booms are to go by.

edit: people already camping the flight trainer. jesus wept.

Yay this afternoon I still had 7 days free...now I try to activate those 7 days...aaaaaaand they're gone. Damn.

So, I proceed to get a whole month...aaaaaaaand it refuses.

I think it means I'll miss the launch :(

edit : oh the 7 days are back...just wished I could use them ^^;

Sethos

Banned
I've been on Catalyst settings all day, kept checking the launcher and now, with an hour to go it wants to download almost 1GB of data at a snail-pace speed of 150kb/s ... -.-

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Come on, guys. You should've resubbed days ago.

Hell, the official website breaks down every new major patch. You can't expect less from an expansion. :(

Brazil said:
Come on, guys. You should've resubbed days ago.

Hell, the official website breaks down every new major patch. You can't expect less from an expansion. :(

I remember trying to do a char transfer when WotLK launched...
I couldn't play my druid for a week.
:(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Just ordered it off Amazon with release day delivery... Not like I can expect a good experience tomorrow or login at all anyway but yeah.. 100 free pre-order bonus points for future games is not bad on this.. Might as well since you gotta buy it off someone be it DD or physical box.. I'd rather get the box.

It won't get cheaper than this specially with the bonus points for a while.

InternHertz said:
Yay this afternoon I still had 7 days free...now I try to activate those 7 days...aaaaaaand they're gone. Damn.

So, I proceed to get a whole month...aaaaaaaand it refuses.

I think it means I'll miss the launch :(

edit : oh the 7 days are back...just wished I could use them ^^;
same here, i bought some game time and i can't access the account management page to activate it :p

Twig

Banned
Found Cataclysm on my doorstep as I left for class only half an hour ago. From FedEx. They usually deliver in the evening.

Wal-Mart wins. O:

I stopped playing when I hit 70 in BC. Sometime between then and now, a hacker got hold of my account. He then kindly proceeded to upgrade my account to WOTLK and lvl my main to 80.

Shortly thereafter, he got my account blocked for gold selling.

I just got my account back. Yay at not having to pay for WOTLK, Boo at missing out on Northrend content on my main.

So... Now I think I'm going to simultaneously reroll a Worgen Druid and lvl my main to 85.

Best of all worlds?

Acosta

It seems Deathwing's powers go beyond the game and he has shattered Blizz serves in the process, holy shit.

Twig

Banned
itxaka said:
45 minutes! I'm pumped fuck yeah!
I thought Cataclysm was hitting at midnight PST? Or is it a rolling thing?
Zzoram said:
SC2 is broken right now because of the shared login servers with WoW.
Hahaha. Ohhh Blizzard. That really sucks.

Takuan

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I actually would love to level a DK from level 1, or to have that option.
I would've rolled a Wolf DK if they allowed this option, but they'd have to redo/scrap the DK intro. I'll probably roll a warrior or rogue... not sure.

LukeSmith

Sethos said:
40 Minutes :O :O ... I need to go make coffee!

I thought it was all launching at the same time - midnight Blizzard time. You may want to confirm and take a sleeping pill and then wake up at midnight

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LukeSmith said:
I thought it was all launching at the same time - midnight Blizzard time. You may want to confirm and take a sleeping pill and then wake up at midnight

I don't think it'll go live til 12pst ya, don't think you can activate now.

itxaka

Defeatist
Twig said:
I thought Cataclysm was hitting at midnight PST? Or is it a rolling thing?

Hahaha. Ohhh Blizzard. That really sucks.

12:00 GMT+1 is supposed to go on Spanish servers. No idea the rest of europe but I think the same as Paris is GMT+1 as well and Germany too.

35 minutes! gogogogogogo

man thats poop, so used to getting every worldwide launch early being in aus but noo they had to hold us back to be simultainious with us time.

Twig

Banned
Epix said:
Any impressions about the engine updates (water, DX10, etc)?
The water is so fucking fantastic.

It's still pretty static - no rising waves or anything - but the shimmering reflections and the effects when you're swimming and the way they affect the reflections look damn good.

Donno DX10, I didn't even know that option existed.

The sunshafts are pretty nice but nothing spectacular.

Epix said:
Any impressions about the engine updates (water, DX10, etc)?

Water on Ultra is pretty neat.
The new Sunshafts are cool.
Shadows are still a resource hog for no reason.

gnfJK.jpg

eXEko.jpg

Everyone on its highest setting (except shadows which is fair). 1380x768 resolution.

Sai-kun

Banned
LukeSmith said:

Europe is getting it early!

Also wow, seeing you post is like seeing a ghost!

V_Arnold said:
To each of his own, I guess. I did not really care which "timeline" I was in. Illidan and Kael'Thas were the enemy in BC. Lich King in WOTLK. And a lot of "zone bosses" and stuff in the Vanilla. I like WoW lore, hell, I LOVE it, and I love reading quests. But never had the "omg, my glass is shattered now" effect from knowing if one zone takes place after another or not. Does not matter to me.

It is unrealistic to demand Blizzard a sudden turn of realism, now TOTALLY changing the face of quests once raid bosses have been defeated, or new expansions released. It is just not a realistic demand, imho. I do not care.

// EDIT: Well, I care in the sense that it is UNBELIAVABLE and FANTASTIC what they have done with Cataclysm. Changing the status que. But I just do not expect them to repeat it anytime soon with BC/WOTLK. Wotlk is perfect as it is. Too bad people will never fully enjoy that with its raid anymore.

Exactly. The last time they felt they had to explain bending logic for game design, we got Lich King 2: Electric Bugaloo (herp derp, gotta have dem Scourge quests somehow!). :lol

Spookie

Jesus. 50 min queue with 400 people in front of me. People just ain't logging off. Unless they reset the server I'm not getting on tonight! :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
are you fucking kidding me? I need to change server asap. Fucking 13 years old ruining the game and dropping my fps to single digits :lol

AL1BA.jpg

XACrw.jpg

Twig

Banned
KibblesBits said:
Won't get to see quite a bit of that unless I join a bigger guild. Meh.
New raids are available at only 10 people. Don't need a big guild anymore.

Rated BGs require, at most, 15 people. Don't need a big guild anymore.

It's so great. :D

(I have no idea what that video showed, as I can't watch it right now, but I assume that's what you meant.)

J-Rzez

LukeSmith said:

:lol , glad to see that terminology is catching on.

And welcome back to teh-gaf. I forgot you were into WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom