• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
HarryDemeanor said:
Awesome! Have fun watching people ask dumb questions like I did for 2 years! Good thing the rest of the con is great.

Yeah, this is my 4th time going. I'm used to it! :lol

Markot: Must be an aussie thing. ;p

Acidote

Ok, I've done the Halloween Event on my six characters for two days:

Day 1
Druid - Empty bag
DK - Empty bag
Paladin - Empty bag
Warlock - Empty bag

Shaman - Empty bag
DK - Empty bag (yes, DK, different server)

Day 2
Druid - Empty bag
DK - Empty bag
Paladin - Empty bag
Warlock - Empty bag

Shaman - Empty bag
DK - Empty bag (yes, DK, different server)

:lol

cdyhybrid

Haven't gotten anything out of the bags so far. Only doing it on one character though. :( Really want that that Hallowed title, I just need the pet/helm achievement and the 50 HK one, but that will be easy to finish if I ever actually get the pet and helm.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maybe i'm a healer at heart, but i kinda liked the look of the priest changes. I threw points randomly into holy on one spec and disc as the other. Chakra seems interesting. I got a little bit excited by it all :lol

Part of me would love to try and tank in cata but man, that healing side sure is calling right now.

CassSept

markot said:
From what ive heard, lots of people dont believe in deodorant at blizzcon >.<
Real WoW players don't use deodorant :eek:

Ah goddamn that stupid cogwheel bug. I can't log into game at all now :| Hadn't happened to me since 3.0.2 when I got stuck between EK and Kalimdor. That means ticket and with current waits it means I'm losing trick or treat bags further reducing my chance to FINALLY complete that goddamn mask achievement this year. I've gotten barely 11 in 2 years and with long ticket queues I guess it will have to wait until '11. Sigh.
Edit: Logging on my alt and got "character does not exist bug", WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON :lol

Dunlop

While the horseman is still a DC'ing piece of crap, we did not have any problems in ICC.

Back on the topic of how the current content is broken for this new system. We dropped 5 bosses in HM, 3 of which were progresson for us and at most it would take 2 attempts. It would have been 6 but we killed Marrowgar on normal figuring we would need time on Saurfang (who we 1 shotted)

Expect a whole lot of Bane of the Lich King titles runnng around

CassSept

Well that's pretty normal. Once 3.0.2 hit those guilds that had huge problems progressing past 4/9 BT 3/5 MH suddenly within a week started killing Illidan without any problems.
That was actually quite expectable that 4.0.1 will make current content even easier :p

Moobabe

I'm biting the bullet and re-subbing for Cata. I have one problem though, when I log in it's telling me my account has been "suspended." It says I should have received an email to confirm why but I probably deleted it months ago.

I've checked my payment history and none of the payments ever failed - might it be because I haven't played in so long? If I try and add a sub to it would that un-suspend the account?

I'm now going through the webforum system to get in touch with Blizzard but it's now asking me for the answer to my secret question. The kicker? It doesn't ask you the secret question, just wants the answer.... Anyone else had any issues with account suspension and dealing with this nonsense?

Merovin

Moobabe said:
I'm biting the bullet and re-subbing for Cata. I have one problem though, when I log in it's telling me my account has been "suspended." It says I should have received an email to confirm why but I probably deleted it months ago.

I've checked my payment history and none of the payments ever failed - might it be because I haven't played in so long? If I try and add a sub to it would that un-suspend the account?

I'm now going through the webforum system to get in touch with Blizzard but it's now asking me for the answer to my secret question. The kicker? It doesn't ask you the secret question, just wants the answer.... Anyone else had any issues with account suspension and dealing with this nonsense?

I did a few months back when I re-subbed. My account had been suspended where I hadn't used it, and where it had been for so long, it wasn't linked to battle.net. Go through the web forms and they should reactive it for you. Hopefully it won't be as long winded as what I went through!

lordmrw

Alex said:
Can't speak for the others, but from just fighting a few I think Rogue really needs... something. It's not like a wuss or anything, but it's a little humble in execution at the moment.

I'm not one of those dudes that goes on the wow forums and complains or anything, but this has been an issue for a long time now, both pvp and pve, and they admitted as such but still nothing has been done. I know I have to be patient and all, but it sucks that I have to wait so long just to actually be able to have the damage necessary to contribute in a raid.

Retro

MattPeters said:
Terrible luck :lol

So far I have Pet, helm, candy. (Only doing it on my Pally)

And 2 more pets from the Trick or Treat Innkeepers.

2 more pets...? There's more than just the Squashling now, or did you just manage to get extras... ?

Edit: Just did Horseman today... no loot... /cry

mclem

CassSept said:
Well that's pretty normal. Once 3.0.2 hit those guilds that had huge problems progressing past 4/9 BT 3/5 MH suddenly within a week started killing Illidan without any problems.
That was actually quite expectable that 4.0.1 will make current content even easier :p

We've gone the other way. We were 9/12 ICC25H, this week we cleared just 4 hardmode bosses. Part of that was lack of time; it took us a couple of days to actually get used to the new rotations.

It's looking like a possible reason for the difference is tank choice. DKs and Pallies are about where they were before the patch, warriors are getting squished, and druids are shrugging off hits. Hopefully the fixes to mitigation go in before too long, because our warrior+pally tank combo is really struggling against the heavier hitters.

Dina

So euhm, is it normal that I can't do battlegrounds because I get disconnected, and disconnents in most instances as well?

Milpool

Dina said:
So euhm, is it normal that I can't do battlegrounds because I get disconnected, and disconnents in most instances as well?

Same thing happening to me in EU trying to get in SM, then I couldn't log in since it was stuck in a disconnect loop. Had to wait about 5 mints before ending up in Dalaran.

Lain

I got my paladin stuck on the loading screen for SM as it never finishes loading and tells me there's no instance server, my gnome warrior in Ironforge that can't log in because at the end of the loading it boots me out telling me the character is not found, and the europe forums are loading slowly or giving me 404 errors. What a shitty day.

Dina said:

Yeah i think this is pretty common at the moment.

Soulwells are also causing peoples games to freeze. It's pretty awesome at the start of a BG when a lock puts one down and half of the team gets disconnected from it.

Milpool

Got stuck on the loading screen to SM again after queuing for HH, /reloadui sorted it but I was in the regular low level instance.

moojito

If any of you folks have experience with all the tanks in the beta, how do they compare? I have all four of the tanking classes at 80, but have only tried out pala and druid since 4.01. I find the pala much easier in heroics, for obvious reasons. How do they stack up at the later levels?

glaurung

*sarcasm*

I like how Blizzard messes up the game, I cannot log in and just to be on the safe side, they have removed the Technical Support forum altogether.

Nice going Blizzard.

*end sarcasm*

Flib

moojito said:
If any of you folks have experience with all the tanks in the beta, how do they compare? I have all four of the tanking classes at 80, but have only tried out pala and druid since 4.01. I find the pala much easier in heroics, for obvious reasons. How do they stack up at the later levels?

I've tanked all the dungeons and some heroics as a druid on beta. They're pretty beastly (pun intended). Once you get thrash, they have the best aoe capabilities and they currently have the highest TPS I believe. Also, our cooldowns have been reworked so we actually have a shield wall equivalent and such. And we're way more fun to play now (RIP swipe/maul spam). Our mastery (savage defense) gives pretty ridiculous block capabilites as well. They're really great (and thank god we finally have a ranged silence).

It's hard to say whether they or DK tanks are better...threat generation seems similar, druids obviously have higher health pools but dk's have pretty incredible survivability at the moment. I just started tanking with a DK on beta last night, and they seemed about on par (though I'm better at tanking on a druid since it's my main).

Lain

Finally was able to get on on my paladin, bought that PvP shield, but then sold it back because I think it looks ugly. Even if it is really old and with worse stats, I much prefer my Voice of Reason.
On the other hand, I was wondering what's the minimum crit needed for a paladin now. Considering that it has only one use now, I'd like to drop some of it in favor of spirit or haste, or for mastery.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
MattPeters said:
Terrible luck :lol

So far I have Pet, helm, candy. (Only doing it on my Pally)

And 2 more pets from the Trick or Treat Innkeepers.

I hate you so much. Thankfully there are many days left in this holiday so that I have more chances to get these damn achievements.

I need that damn helm and squashling.

I'm using my time running around the continents and hitting the inns as a farewell tour of the Old Azeroth.

Weenerz

Banned
Wish I was going to Blizzcon, but all I can do is watch it on their internet stream. At least I'll get a pet in 6-8 weeks =/

Lain

My hunter keeps getting empty bags too.
The first time I thought it could be the old level 70 sword from the first HH, but I sold it. The only other loot she has is the mount/pet from the first HH event, but I don't think those are unique, so I don't understand why she keeps getting the empty bags.

Infinity

Looks like I'm going to try my Unholy DK again. This morning I re-glyphed him and learned the single plus AoE rotations.

My Ret. Pally, now 73, seems a little squishy. Did some reading on the official forums, and found it tough to separate the legit from the whiny, but found some concensus.

GAF: Is this the case pre-80 for the 4.0.1 ret pally, or consistent throughout?

Tamanon

Banned
Lain said:
My hunter keeps getting empty bags too.
The first time I thought it could be the old level 70 sword from the first HH, but I sold it. The only other loot she has is the mount/pet from the first HH event, but I don't think those are unique, so I don't understand why she keeps getting the empty bags.

You don't always get an item. Sometimes you just get Justice Points.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, i don't get why people say the bags are empty. There is always at least Justice points in them. You just get them automatically when you open the bag, you dont actually an icon, but they are still there.

Lain

Tamanon said:
You don't always get an item. Sometimes you just get Justice Points.

So only getting justice point is "working as intended"? Sounds kinda unbelievable to me, as justice points are simply a bonus, just like the emblem of frost were a bonus from Corren.
I can understand an empty bag (justice points don't count for me) if you already possess one of the "unique" from past HH or even from this HH, like the sword, but otherwise, it really makes no sense to me.

Flib

Lain said:
So only getting justice point is "working as intended"? Sounds kinda unbelievable to me, as justice points are simply a bonus, just like the emblem of frost were a bonus from Corren.
I can understand an empty bag (justice points don't count for me) if you already possess one of the "unique" from past HH or even from this HH, like the sword, but otherwise, it really makes no sense to me.

Coren's bags had two emblems of frost in them, unless you got a rare item/mount. There is no difference between that and justice points. If they "don't count" for you, whatever.

Lain

Flib said:
Coren's bags had two emblems of frost in them, unless you got a rare item/mount. There is no difference between that and justice points. If they "don't count" for you, whatever.

Uhm didn't Coren's bag always had items as well as the frost emblems?

moojito

Flib said:
<3 druids.

Great stuff, I'm glad to hear this since my druid has been my main since tbc and I just dropped 5k on the 310% speed flight form! I'll just put up with the rubbish aoe ability for now.

Flib

Lain said:
Uhm didn't Coren's bag always had items as well as the frost emblems?

Nope. Maybe you just had good luck. I did it almost every day of brewfest on 3 characters and the only thing I got was two remotes.

Flib

moojito said:
Great stuff, I'm glad to hear this since my druid has been my main since tbc and I just dropped 5k on the 310% speed flight form! I'll just put up with the rubbish aoe ability for now.

You get Thrash at 81, so once Cata drops, you'll be in working order pretty quickly.

Dunlop

evlcookie said:
Maybe i'm a healer at heart, but i kinda liked the look of the priest changes. I threw points randomly into holy on one spec and disc as the other. Chakra seems interesting. I got a little bit excited by it all :lol

I would call chakra more of a gimmick atm, there is really no point to ever doing anything other than Chakra - Renew, with Holy word aspire. Because renew is insta cast you can keep your chakra up indefinately and the exta HOT is crazy good.

I switch between them just to practice it or break boredom, but you are definately gimping yourseld in doing so.

This will change I imagine once cata hits and mana becomes a much larger issue

El_TigroX said:
I'm using my time running around the continents and hitting the inns as a farewell tour of the Old Azeroth.
I'm doing the same thing. I visit these places and make sure to stop and take a look around. I think back to when I experienced that particular area for the first time. Then I say my goodbyes and move on to the next.

I'm completely done with the Eastern Kingdoms. Probably going to do Kalimdor tonight.

Lain

Flib said:
Nope. Maybe you just had good luck. I did it almost every day of brewfest on 3 characters and the only thing I got was two remotes.

I see. I thought the item was guaranteed/the reward, but I see I was wrong and understand why now, as the badge/points were/are the reward, the item just a special bonus.
Sorry for missing this before, makes me embarrassed about it a bit.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Confused101 said:
I'm completely done with the Eastern Kingdoms. Probably going to do Kalimdor tonight.

I did Kalimdor last night... on to Eastern Kingdoms tonight. It's like we're two ships passing in the night... :)

Outland is going to be a bit of a bitch though. I bypassed some areas completely in that expansion before quickly moving on to Northrend.

Lain said:
Sorry for missing this before, makes me embarrassed about it a bit.

Don't be, I had to check online to see if I was having an issue as well. I saw the "No Loot" last night and this morning and I got concerned. They should build in a bit more positive reinforcement other than something in your log. I'd like to know I at least got something. It's stupid... just flash a little symbol and I will instantly feel better.

Bisnic said:
Yeah, i don't get why people say the bags are empty. There is always at least Justice points in them. You just get them automatically when you open the bag, you dont actually an icon, but they are still there.
I'm guessing it's because when you open them, a big red message appears on your screen that says, "There is no loot."

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
It actually is no loot for me. I wish that it would do a check to see if you're already JP capped, and if you are, actually give you some loot.
can't you keep stacking JP until 4.0.3 hard cap gold conversion?

Evlar

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
It actually is no loot for me. I wish that it would do a check to see if you're already JP capped, and if you are, actually give you some loot.
They're not going to reward people for being JP capped.

DeathNote said:
can't you keep stacking JP until 4.0.3 hard cap gold conversion?

If you have over 4k JP you can keep or spend the overage until 4.0.3, at which point anything over becomes gold, but you can't earn more than the soft cap if you're already at or over it.

mclem

I think I saw a blue post somewhere which suggested that JP earned above the cap should be converted to cash (yes, even after the hardcap conversion). I'll see if I can find the quote.

Edit: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27292696217/holiday-event-locking-up-amp-no-loot-etc/

If you do receive Justice Points you should receive a message in your chat log. Note, however, that if you are already at the JP cap of 4,000 the extra points you receive should be converted to gold.

This is specifically referring to the holiday bags; not sure if it applies to all JP earned. It does sort of make sense if it does, since that's a nice parallel when compared with the gold-for-xp-at-max-level thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom