• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

Is there a PvP server where Alliance constantly wins WG and battlegrounds (battlegroup)? On Shattered Hand we are always losing everything. I can't get shit done.

Interfectum said:
Is there a PvP server where Alliance constantly wins WG and battlegrounds (battlegroup)? On Shattered Hand we are always losing everything. I can't get shit done.

I guess you mean Battlegroup, but really you should strive for a balanced server. One were you win all the time is not fun either!

Manus

God the new camel mounts for Cata look so awesome.

On my PVP server Alliance and Horde usually have control of Wintergrasp split evenly. Were always losing on battlegrounds though. We do have a great PVE server which I love. Lightininghoof has been a pretty great server for my toon.

Wiped on Sindragosa for about 3 and a half hours last night. Phase three kept destroying us - we'd have range stack on the stairs, and whenever someone was targeted for the iceblock they'd run down the stairs a few yards away from ranged. Then ranged would nuke the iceblock and melee would charge in too. Pretty simple set up, but it kept failing in phase 3.

Was surprised there was no raging going on lmao. Pretty mature group, which is one of the reasons I joined. At the end no one was happy, but someone brought up the old Naxx days when we couldn't do Thaddius initially because of similar fuck ups and everyone had a good laugh. We'll get the fight next time, no doubt about it. We got to phase 3 with every try

Fularu

Banned
Your strat is inneficient.

This is sindragosa :

D==========-----

D is the head, ----- is the tail

Place your groups as follow for P3 :

Code:
    D==========-----

X         O
Where X is the spot for your iceblock and O is where your group is standing

When someone, at the start of P3 gets marked, he positions himself on the X and waits for the iceblock to pop, once the ice is in place, your group will look like this :
Code:
    D==========-----

O         X
Rince and repeat. Stairs just create confusion. Have a simple strat for positionning laid out, have everyone move for it (because people need to move to get rid of the stacks anyway) and you should be fine. DPS in between blocks, this isn't a dps race (especially with the 30% buff). Also having everyone standing together make healing a lot less painfull.

Obviously your exploding caster (if doing HM) will be behind the group far enough.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Flib said:
Alliance are too busy ERP'ing in Goldshire.
It's sad but true.

The only time Moon Guard gets Wintergrasp is when raids reset and all the PVE guilds take it :lol

bakeray

Can't wait for Cata - Used to be a hardcore raider back during TBC, but I was pretty much burnt out from playing so much that I've just half-assed my way all through WoTLK. Been leveling a Paladin & raiding ICC on my lock since I've renewed my account I find myself playing till 5-6AM on some nights again. XD

Leveling is such a joke anymore, with heirlooms I can't believe how quick it goes. What classes are you guys leveling before Cata comes out, if any? I might try to power through another class before it drops.

Manus

Maxrpg said:
Fuckin got Sarth 3D 10 man with a pug last night. AWESOME! :lol

It's really not that hard, just a DPS race. We downed it as a guild last week since a couple people wanted the title and I wanted the mount. We had him down before he evened spawned his adds.

I just RAFed a good buddy of mine and that got me a free hunter to 60. So I'm going to get him up to 80 before Cata comes out so that will put me a 3 level 80s.

J-Rzez

bakeray said:
What classes are you guys leveling before Cata comes out, if any?

I already have 80's of everything besides a Shaman and Druid. I have a hunter around 66, but every other class is at 80, so I'm not a good choice heh.

But, I think I'd rather wait it out at this point. New heirlooms to add to your old ones that work until 80, lower XP requirements across the board, new quests. I'd just wait it out and roll a Goblin something, or a Worgen if you're an ERP'n ally.

firex

bakeray said:
Can't wait for Cata - Used to be a hardcore raider back during TBC, but I was pretty much burnt out from playing so much that I've just half-assed my way all through WoTLK. Been leveling a Paladin & raiding ICC on my lock since I've renewed my account I find myself playing till 5-6AM on some nights again. XD

Leveling is such a joke anymore, with heirlooms I can't believe how quick it goes. What classes are you guys leveling before Cata comes out, if any? I might try to power through another class before it drops.
I'm going to finish leveling my priest before cataclysm, but that's about it.

Alex

I still have absolutely no idea what im going to play for Cata, so many classes seem so appealing with these overhauls. I'm leaning most towards Priest but man I'm always Priest.

I wanted to do a Goblin Resto Shaman but it's like the one spec that's been done pretty little with. I know they already have solid mechanics but it seems a bit dated by comparison to some of the shit theyre doing with Priests and Paladins.

firex

well, cheer up, they just said one of the main talents it has is going to be replaced once they can think of something suitable.

although I definitely think resto shaman is more like the current prototype for healers in cataclysm and likely won't be the best overall when it comes out.

Sciz

bakeray said:
What classes are you guys leveling before Cata comes out, if any? I might try to power through another class before it drops.
Before?

Bugger that, the whole game's being overhauled. I can wait for the good stuff.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, I was reading some stuff about weapons. No more specialization. So, basically, you need to worry less about which weapon to use?

Also, how do yo guys feel about the 31 talent point trees? Are they dumbing things down? Making it better?

Alex

Way better, talents mostly look interesting and substantial now. They've got a ways to go to clean it all up for a few classes, but that's what betas for.

notsol337

marked forever
I've got a 71 pally I might main around with in Cata, just because holy power is so interesting. Of course, I'll likely never abandon mage. It's just my favorite class, period!

firex

DeathNote said:
So, I was reading some stuff about weapons. No more specialization. So, basically, you need to worry less about which weapon to use?

Also, how do yo guys feel about the 31 talent point trees? Are they dumbing things down? Making it better?
better, because there's not as many mandatory talents, and none of the really boring ones that are like 0/5 "Your melee/spell/healing increases by 2%" but there's still cool stuff like crit modifiers.

Xiaoki

PhoenixDark said:
Wiped on Sindragosa for about 3 and a half hours last night. Phase three kept destroying us - we'd have range stack on the stairs, and whenever someone was targeted for the iceblock they'd run down the stairs a few yards away from ranged. Then ranged would nuke the iceblock and melee would charge in too. Pretty simple set up, but it kept failing in phase 3.

Was surprised there was no raging going on lmao. Pretty mature group, which is one of the reasons I joined. At the end no one was happy, but someone brought up the old Naxx days when we couldn't do Thaddius initially because of similar fuck ups and everyone had a good laugh. We'll get the fight next time, no doubt about it. We got to phase 3 with every try
Probably a classic case "Sindragosa Phase 3 Brain Freeze".

I was in a PUG 10 man Monday that got to Sindragosa, mostly good group and we did some hard modes, but people's brains shut down on Sindragosa Phase 3. People would get the mark then just stand there.

The DPS was on target, if people had done the ice blocks correctly just 3 times we could have had her but no. Main tank rage quit after 3 wipes because it was pretty obvious that we were not going to kill her.

Thaddius was hard because people made it harder. All you had to do was watch the DBM timer, wait for the debuff to change and then run through him, but no, people had to come up with convoluted run around in circles nonsense.

Retro

DeathNote said:

1. Yes, weapon specialization is gone, as are weapon skills. No more journeying back to lowbie-ville to stomp critters to get your weapon skill up. As a side thought, I guess this means the weapon skill-based achievements are going to become Feats of Strength.

2. The new talent tree system is a step in the right direction, as was cutting out a shitload of pointless stats (though they didn't cut enough, in my opinion), killing the Path of the Titans before it was born, and looking at what fundamentally makes every class different and deciding to take bolder steps to make those distinctions clearer (Hunters using Focus, Locks focusing on Shards, Holy Power, etc.).

WoW has been undergoing a kind of MMO-sprawl since launch and Cataclysm is basically Blizzard's chance to tighten everything up. While there's still a lot of room for improvement, I really do think the changes they're making will result in a better game.

Flib

I started a prot paladin a couple of weeks ago and am leveling him to 80 before Cata. At 41 currently, and will join my bear druid, hunter and blood dk tank.

Planning to main my druid, unless pallies are significantly more fun. Going to level a goblin resto shaman and a worgen prot warrior in Cata (though I'll probably race change the worgen back to horde at 85).

I also have a level 20 priest and a level 40 warlock, but not worrying about them currently. I don't really want to dps, and healing is secondary currently.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm going to continue reading up and decide on what I want to level and main.

All my friends quit.

Need to figure out who I want to play with.

yacobod

Banned
how difficult is heroic 10m LK now with 30% buff, this is assuming you are doing it with a guild filled with 264/277 geared people

i get the impression that it is pretty easy now, just wondering what i've gotten myself into tonight

Someone messed up our guild 10man raid last night by switching off the 30% buff and wouldn't admit to it. We just ended it, didn't feel like waiting.

I don't know why I put up with this crap.

Jrmint

Volley being removed for Hunters in Cataclysm. Source is on the front page of mmo-champion.

GC is saying multi-shot is enough of an AOE for hunters, and stuff won't be AOE'd in Cataclysm anyway.

Pretty huge letdown for myself. Hunter has been my main since I started, due to this and all the changes with focus I may be switching Druid to my main. Still early in Beta.. we'll see.

yacobod

Banned
Skel said:
Pretty huge letdown for myself. Hunter has been my main since I started, due to this and all the changes with focus I may be switching Druid to my main. Still early in Beta.. we'll see.

is volley a class defining ability? only time to use volley is on trash in icc anyways, i guess in togc volleying adds on anub was useful, but i dont really think its a big deal

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Glad i won't see hunters doing 90% of their damage with Volley in heroics anymore. Although they did say they would change Multi-Shot too.

But mages aint better with Blizzard. "lolol imma gonna use Blizzard against this group of 2!"

It makes me sad. I have more fun with my mage doing single target damage with Arcane Blast, Missiles & Barrages. And still manage to do higher DPS than people using their AOE spells. =/

I'm farming emblems with my main Hunter so I can get Heirlooms for my Mage alt that I plan to level before Cata.

What classes can Worgen be?

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I'm farming emblems with my main Hunter so I can get Heirlooms for my Mage alt that I plan to level before Cata.

What classes can Worgen be?

All but Pallies and Shaman.

Tamanon said:
All but Pallies and Shaman.
Do you guys think the starting zones will be extremely crowded when Cata first drops? I wasn't around for new BC races but I noticed the DK starting area was pretty crowded for a while...good thing they used phasing though.

Oh one more question: If I use cloth heirlooms to level my Mage to 80, can I eventually transfer those items to my Worgen Priest when Cata drops?

mclem

Bisnic said:
Glad i won't see hunters doing 90% of their damage with Volley in heroics anymore. Although they did say they would change Multi-Shot too.

But mages aint better with Blizzard. "lolol imma gonna use Blizzard against this group of 2!"

STARFALL.

Boomkins make the life of a LK P1 add tank very unpleasant indeed.

Eric WK

The Lamonster said:
Do you guys think the starting zones will be extremely crowded when Cata first drops? I wasn't around for new BC races but I noticed the DK starting area was pretty crowded for a while...good thing they used phasing though.

Oh one more question: If I use cloth heirlooms to level my Mage to 80, can I eventually transfer those items to my Worgen Priest when Cata drops?

Yes, they'll be very crowded.

Yes, you can mail you heirlooms to any character that can use them at any time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I remember making a blood elf on day 1 of BC. Bad idea.

There was like 20 blood elves waiting to kill that dwarf just outside of the first town. :lol You had to make a group if you didnt want to wait all day. :lol

Any guesses as to what the next Hero Class will be like?

I'm hoping for some sort of a demon, similar to Illidan or the Warlock's demon form.

Swag

The Lamonster said:
Any guesses as to what the next Hero Class will be like?

I'm hoping for some sort of a demon, similar to Illidan or the Warlock's demon form.

I'm hoping it's a caster / healer at least.

Eric WK said:
Yes, they'll be very crowded.
I almost want to say that this is an understatement. It's going to be madness. Phasing will help, but everyone's going to want to play the new hotness. (Yeah, that's a Men in Black quote)

I'm only planning on having two 80's when Cata drops. My Ally warlock and my Hordie hunter. I was really, really hoping Worgen could be paladins. I really want a plate class, but warrior didn't really click with me and I don't want to skip most of Cata's new content by making a DK. I guess I'm just SoL in that department.

Confused101 said:
I almost want to say that this is an understatement. It's going to be madness. Phasing will help, but everyone's going to want to play the new hotness. (Yeah, that's a Men in Black quote)

I'm only planning on having two 80's when Cata drops. My Ally warlock and my Hordie hunter. I was really, really hoping Worgen could be paladins. I really want a plate class, but warrior didn't really click with me and I don't want to skip most of Cata's new content by making a DK. I guess I'm just SoL in that department.
Same exact situation here. So I figured I would just be a Priest so I'd be able to reuse my cloth Heirlooms.

Although a wolf in a purple robe will look silly as hell.

idlewild_

I was in the same position as you guys, finding warriors really boring and not clicking. I found the main problem with leveling my warrior was with rage for the first 40-50 levels, the rage income even with all of the boa gear was abysmal. It took me a year or two to finally get it up to the mid 40s. But once you have MS and can stop using HS your rage problem goes down quite a bit and endless rage makes it...well, pretty much endless. Not really something that's an option for everyone, but if you take the time to get up to the mid 40s, warriors are actually pretty fun. And prot leveling is just stupid easy/fast. I hit 70 with ~72hrs /played even with doing some dungeons, pvp, and playing the ah a little, just to give an idea how fast they can level once you put in the initial investment.

For reference, my other 80s are a hunter I've played since 2004, a lock and a dk. Like I said, not an option for everyone, but if you're a primarily ranged class player like me and have the patience, warriors can be pretty fun...until you hit 80 and do terribad dmg since they're so gear dependent (ugh q_q).

I don't know how people can just switch mains on a whim.

Some days I'm tempted to play my pally or my shaman but my main (boomkin druid) has a ton of stuff I'll never get again, achievements, horseman's mount, pets etc. and factions. Stuff I'd never want to grind for again or lucky drops I'll never get again.

Fortuneately I'm a druid so I can just respec (and gear up) for another role be it ranged/melee DPS, tank or heal.

FLEABttn

Banned
KernelPanic said:

In my case, it's been out of necessity, aside from a couple of changes.

Vanilla: Rogue
TBC: Rogue
WotLK: Ret Paladin-> didn't like how they played -> DK -> Changed server and faction before faction transfers -> Warrior -> faction transfer -> DK -> raid had too much melee and plate -> Hunter ( -> leveled up a shaman to 80 to replace our heroism, turns out they're just awful to play at 80 unless you like overly complex rotations)

Thinking I'll stick with the hunter for Cata unless they make enhancement shammy not awful to play.

KernelPanic said:

Some days I'm tempted to play my pally or my shaman but my main (boomkin druid) has a ton of stuff I'll never get again, achievements, horseman's mount, pets etc. and factions. Stuff I'd never want to grind for again or lucky drops I'll never get again.

Agreed 100%. Guess very few people get attached to their character like I do. SO many pets, over 100 mounts, almost 9K Achievement points.

Back when Wrath first came out, my guild at the time asked me to level my hunter as he is more likely to get a raid spot than my Rogue. I told them that wasn't an option and have no problem finding another raiding guild. Needless to say my Rogue did raid and when the guild couldn't comprehend the Yogg Saron fight, a handful broke off and formed a 10 man guild because they hated carrying everyone else in our 25. Fortunately for me, I was invited :)

Rogue for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom