• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yaweee said:
What Heirlooms should I get for a Tauren Ret Paladin? I have 5500 of the PvP points, but only 2083 of the PvE points, too few for anything in Dalaran it seems.
These are the only important heirlooms to you:
2h PVE AXE Bloodied Arcanite reaper- 3500 JP
PVE chest(+10% exp)- 2175 JP.
PVE shoulders (+10% exp)- 2175 JP.

PVP shoulders (+10% exp)- 2175 Honor
2H PVP Sword Reforged Truesilver Champion- 3500 Honor

For 175 more honor and 92 more JP you could get...

2H PVP Sword, PVP Shoulders, PVE Chest

Axe at level 80:
+68 Strength
+103 Stamina
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 68

Sword at leel 80:
+95 Strength
+62 Stamina
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 53

So you can take the easy road or farm.

There's some trinks too:
Swift Hand of Justice-2,725 JP
Discerning Eye of the Beast - 2,725 JP
Inherited Insignia of the Horde- 2,725 honor
Inherited Insignia of the Alliance- 2,725 honor

Yaweee

DeathNote said:
These are the only important heirlooms to you:

For 175 more honor and 92 more JP you could get...

2H PVP Sword, PVP Shoulders, PVE Chest

Thanks. No way I'll be able to afford that axe; they really fucked up the relative costs with the patch, as that comes out to like ~150 instance runs, or 50 more for me. Looks like you're right; just a little bit more work for the what you have outlined.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
maniac-kun said:
TC: The culmination, we're already at the final stage of the event that builds up to The Shattering. The final "event" is the in-game cinematic. And that's really what the transition is for players, that players will play through this event that's building up and then at some point... just because of the realities of the code, we have to flip a switch.
Its the last 24 hours of the old world.
Is this the CG video featuring Deathwing or something we haven't seen yet?

Ripclawe

Banned
This is the only thing that has pissed me off so far

Portals removed from Shattrath and Dalaran
Blizzard doesn't want you to use Shattrath and Dalaran as portal hubs anymore, the latest beta update removed all the portal to the cities and replaced them with class trainers.

I expect that to change by 6 months, it is inexcusable to limit the players like that for no good reason

notworksafe

Stops the collecting of large groups of players in outdated cities and is mostly redundant with the ability to fly at 310% or faster speed in the old world. Not to mention Outland and Northrend leveling speed is fast enough that it won't matter in the slightest.

Don't expect it to change.

ampere

Ripclawe said:
This is the only thing that has pissed me off so far

I expect that to change by 6 months, it is inexcusable to limit the players like that for no good reason
Not gonna change.

Everyone would still idle in Dalaran. They want players hanging in EK/Kalimdor.

Cheech

notworksafe said:
Stops the collecting of large groups of players in outdated cities and is mostly redundant with the ability to fly at 310% or faster speed in the old world. Not to mention Outland and Northrend leveling speed is fast enough that it won't matter in the slightest.

Don't expect it to change.

So.. if I'm leveling a character 60-70 in the Outlands, I'm going to get back to Org/UC by.. the Dark Portal? That's kind of ridiculous. I have a level 68 that I left in Org tonight. Looks like I'm going to just go directly to Northrend and dump all my Outlands quests. What a pain in the ass.

Cheech said:
So.. if I'm leveling a character 60-70 in the Outlands, I'm going to get back to Org/UC by.. the Dark Portal? That's kind of ridiculous. I have a level 68 that I left in Org tonight. Looks like I'm going to just go directly to Northrend and dump all my Outlands quests. What a pain in the ass.

you don't need to go back to Orgrimmar while leveling in the outlands.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Cheech said:
have a mail alt by the org ah/bank

class trainers will be in shatt/dal

Cheech

funkmastergeneral said:
you don't need to go back to Orgrimmar while leveling in the outlands.

Technically true, but still I found myself going back to Org/UC for various things over the last couple weeks. Thanksgiving event, pre-Cat quests, trainers, bank, etc... I know some of that stuff exists in the Outlands, but I like going to Org to hang out as well.

I hope they at least put something at the Dark Portal to make it easy to make a one-hop trip to UC or Org.

Still, what a pain in the ass.

Retro

DM probably isn't gonna change, but here's the only halfway decent screenshot of the old world I have in my screenshots folder, from when I solo'd Ony and completed the Quel'Serrar chain...

miQgC.jpg

Totally just noticed the fucking wings behind her... creepy.

Cheech

DeathNote said:
have a mail alt by the org ah/bank

class trainers are in shatt/dal

Heh, I never did find the Warlock trainer in Shatt. Used the Org one.

I came back to the game after a 4-5 year hiatus, and am still figuring out all the changes to the class. The Demo tree got a complete A-Z overhaul, I'm still learning where the new spells fit in to my rotation. I picked it this time because it's what I was back in 2005, and man, what a change.

I'm also getting free Nightfall from somewhere, and I'm not entirely sure what is making it pop. :lol

Oh, and the Hand of Gul'dan is awesome. Favorite new (to me) spell so far!

CAW

Loxley said:
Don't worry about it, I got the same warning a few days ago. My assumption is has to do with AVG and not WoW, likely something they changed in AVG11. It hasn't had any adverse effects on the game from what I can tell. It should only ask you once, so it's no biggy :)
K, cool. thank you. :D

So for tomorrow, if I've ready correctly, I'll be able to change my level 70 troll rogue into a level 70 goblin rogue using the race change feature, without having pre-ordered (at least not through Blizzard) Cata?

I mean not saying I will but that would really give me a nice motivation boost to finish leveling him in the battlegrounds. :lol

notworksafe

Cheech said:
Next to the Dark Portal on Outland side is a port to SW/Org (near the flight path dudes).

Also 68 is the level you're supposed to go to Northrend anyway. :D

Cheech said:
They haven't existed yet. Tomorrow adds class trainers to Shatt/Dal. They will be where the portals used to be.

Cheech said:

I came back to the game after a 4-5 year hiatus, and am still figuring out all the changes to the class. The Demo tree got a complete A-Z overhaul, I'm still learning where the new spells fit in to my rotation. I picked it this time because it's what I was back in 2005, and man, what a change.

I'm also getting free Nightfall from somewhere, and I'm not entirely sure what is making it pop. :lol

They're adding class trainers and auction houses to Shatt and Dalaran (supposedly?)

CAW said:

So for tomorrow, if I've ready correctly, I'll be able to change my level 70 troll rogue into a level 70 goblin rogue using the race change feature, without having pre-ordered (at least not through Blizzard) Cata?

I mean not saying I will but that would really give me a nice motivation boost to finish leveling him in the battlegrounds. :lol

No goblins or worgen until cata.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
CAW said:

for a goblin race change you will have to own vanilla, bc, wotlk, cataclsym, and wait until dec 7th

Cheech

notworksafe said:
Next to the Dark Portal on Outland side is a port to SW/Org (near the flight path dudes).

Also 68 is the level you're supposed to go to Northrend anyway. :D

Yeah, I had heard that from some, but I've also heard that the stuff you can do in Northrend pre-70 is VERY limited, so I was going to try to hit at least 69 and change before heading out.

But hell, I might as well give it a shot at this point. No use hearthing myself back to Shatt and going all the way to the Twisting Nether just to do some low-XP quests compared to what I can get in Northrend. I figure even if I can't get many quests due to not being 70, I'll level on trash pretty quick.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Cheech said:

i meant to say will be adding them tomorrow.

going to old cities from shat or dal often was the intention up until tomorrow

notworksafe

Cheech said:
Yeah, I had heard that from some, but I've also heard that the stuff you can do in Northrend pre-70 is VERY limited, so I was going to try to hit at least 69 and change before heading out.

But hell, I might as well give it a shot at this point. No use hearthing myself back to Shatt and going all the way to the Twisting Nether just to do some low-XP quests compared to what I can get in Northrend. I figure even if I can't get many quests due to not being 70, I'll level on trash pretty quick.
You'll be fine. The starter quests in Northrend are marked 70, but they are available to people 2 levels below the "correct" level. I recommend Howling Fjord over Borean Tundra...much more fun imo.

EDIT: Also 71-80 XP gets nerfed by 20% tomorrow! So faster leveling soon!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
You'll be fine. The starter quests in Northrend are marked 70, but they are available to people 2 levels below the "correct" level. I recommend Howling Fjord over Borean Tundra...much more fun imo.

EDIT: Also 71-80 XP gets nerfed by 20% tomorrow! So faster leveling soon!
60-70 was nerfed when wotlk released. I think I got to 69 in Nagrand.

If he has any zone left he likes excluding SMV, Netherstorm, and BEM, I'd do those to prevent a leak into Storm Peaks. I personally want to avoid Zul'Drak.

Loxley

Welp, in a demonstration of cheesy nostalgia; I suited up the Paladin in his finest vanilla gear, rode to his birthplace (Northshire Abbey lolz :p) and gave one final salute to the old-world-that-was.

Bring on the shiny new Azeroth :D

notworksafe

Okay! Shattering thread is ready to go. Now...when to post it? Should I just do it tomorrow morning or wait until the servers are up?

Loxley

notworksafe said:
Okay! Shattering thread is ready to go. Now...when to post it? Should I just do it tomorrow morning or wait until the servers are up?

Might as well go with tomorrow morning, we need the appropriate place to whine when server maintenance gets extended four/five times :D

theultimo

On a lighter note: its been 6 years As of tomorrow that WoW was released in NA. Has anyone else been there since launch? I have had an active account for the duration, and played vanilla hardcore, BC semi-hardcore, and LK casually. I think with Cata, I am going to see major changes.

Also, say goodbye to keys and this. It becomes a FoS either tomorrow of Dec 7. So many memories getting these...I've been grinding Rep to get the last one today.
q1WaO.jpg

I've been there since launch. I was one of the first people on Mal'Ganis. Got the game at midnight EST and was playing minutes later. Can't believe it's been 6 years.

theultimo

Azwethinkweiz said:
I've been there since launch. I was one of the first people on Mal'Ganis. Got the game at midnight EST and was playing minutes later. Can't believe it's been 6 years.
I do miss the Southshore 60 raids on vanilla...nobody does world PVP like that anymore. Shoot a few of my characters still have the PVP ranking system from the first BG instances.

Retro

Was about to log off when my Dad logged on. Helped him zip around the old world killing low-level elemental portals for the Tripping the Rifts feat. So basically my dad and I tooled around the old world together on the night before it blows up.

Dawwwww :lol

Logged out in Hammerfall, Arathi Highlands. I've always liked the feel of Arathi; Ancient Human Kingdom vs. Ancient-er Troll Empire, Weird stone structures and formations, Thandol Span to the south.

That's where I'll log in tomorrow.

KJTB

Retro said:
Was about to log off when my Dad logged on. Helped him zip around the old world killing low-level elemental portals for the Tripping the Rifts feat. So basically my dad and I tooled around the old world together on the night before it blows up.

Dawwwww :lol

That's awesome, I wish my family played video games with me. You're a lucky dude!

The wait for cataclysm is getting so tough :(

*Edit*

I played when WoW first released. My god, that was so long ago.. back in goddamn high school :lol

I played vanilla hardcore, BC hardcore, quit for all of wrath and just recently came back, definitely playing cataclysm casually.

Evlar

Banned
theultimo said:
On a lighter note: its been 6 years As of tomorrow that WoW was released in NA. Has anyone else been there since launch? I have had an active account for the duration, and played vanilla hardcore, BC semi-hardcore, and LK casually. I think with Cata, I am going to see major changes.

Also, say goodbye to keys and this. It becomes a FoS either tomorrow of Dec 7. So many memories getting these...I've been grinding Rep to get the last one today.
q1WaO.jpg
I've played since launch, though my subscription has lapsed a couple times. Danced in Magni's throne room as giant Infernals rampaged through the world when Blizzard closed the open beta.

LowParry

Meh, I decided to drop the Warlock idea and keep my Mage as my main. Instead I'm working up a Warrior, which I'm changing to a Worg come Cata. Don't really care for the start area. I'll go take a look at it but that's about it.

Rokam

Have an entire guild bank tab full of various cloth, and the other bank tab full of enchanting shit, glyphs and various other crafting material. Ready to get my gnome priest rolling!

Entropia

No One Remembers
MattPeters said:
So, bets on when the servers are actually up?

Huge patch like this I cant imagine it going perfectly. :p

From what I understand, a lot of what is in 4.0.3a was in 4.0.3. It's just a minor patch to basically "activate" the world changes, along with a few class balance and bug fixes.

I think the biggest thing will be the influx of people playing again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sai-kun said:
Where would be a fun place to log out? :D
It makes no difference. Every logged character will be ported, alive, to the nearest graveyard.

Entropia said:
From what I understand, a lot of what is in 4.0.3a was in 4.0.3. It's just a minor patch to basically "activate" the world changes, along with a few class balance and bug fixes.

I think the biggest thing will be the influx of people playing again.

Almost all of it was in 4.0.1, actually. Hence why 4.0.1 was 15 GB and contained no content other than some class changes which didn't justify that size.

markot

Banned
CcrooK said:
Meh, I decided to drop the Warlock idea and keep my Mage as my main. Instead I'm working up a Warrior, which I'm changing to a Worg come Cata. Don't really care for the start area. I'll go take a look at it but that's about it.
Have to roll a worg to see anything much in ze zone.

Best I could find. Need to dig some more through folders I have archived, but I lost a lot of my vanilla screenshots a long time ago. Back in the days of Core Hound farming for belts and bracers.

35ir861.png

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It makes no difference. Every logged character will be ported, alive, to the nearest graveyard.

Almost all of it was in 4.0.1, actually. Hence why 4.0.1 was 15 GB and contained no content other than some class changes which didn't justify that size.
it wasn't that big

3.3.x → 4.0.1.12911 Parts 1-4 — Full (~5 GiB)
4.0.1.12911 → 4.0.1.13164 (~13 MiB) + ( 1.4 GiB)
4.0.1.13164 → 4.0.1.13205 (~3 MiB)
4.0.1.13205 → 4.0.1.13287 (~2mb)
4.0.1.13287 → 4.0.1.13329(4.0.1a) (?)

edit. actually, there's another gig up there

LowParry

markot said:
Have to roll a worg to see anything much in ze zone.

Eh, don't really care. Rather have the character up to or close to 80 come Cata and do the race change up.

4.0.1.13287 → 4.0.1.13329(4.0.1a) I believe will just be 50MB. Or so I was told. 15GB though? How did anyone come up with that number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom