• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ha, i didn't see this, so they decided in the middle of the night to let people farm them? :lol

Elemental Portal Fire Sale Bashiok 4 hours ago

Due to your valiant efforts in protecting the key invasion cities, the four boss portals are now 'permanently' open. If you need anything from inside the portals, or maybe you dropped your keys in there, now is the time to go through and get them.

Initial reports from shaman in the area that were available at time of publishing suggest that this is hinting at something far more sinister. One such shaman, a one 'Krunkmaster' from Proudmoore was quoted as saying "This is hinting at something far more sinister."

Chilling!

You'll want to stay tuned to the World of Warcraft community site for the latest developments on this and other events.

CcrooK said:
Eh, don't really care. Rather have the character up to or close to 80 come Cata and do the race change up.

4.0.1.13287 → 4.0.1.13329(4.0.1a) I believe will just be 50MB. Or so I was told. 15GB though? How did anyone come up with that number?
the ptr made you download at least 15gb a few times, but that was to test their new system

PatzCU

I've been playing since beta with no breaks in subscription either. Pretty insane actually considering it's been 6 years. Throughout that time I have had 'hardcore' periods and very casual. I would say since about midway through BC, I've been pretty casual with WoW, and I love that I can still keep up with the big boys while still having a life.

Cata looks to improve on the casual play even more with equal footing for 10man raids and rated BGs. I really am looking forward to it. Can't wait for the shattering tomorrow! As much as I'd love to start up a new alt, I think I'll be waiting a bit until I roll a Worgen hunter (although Dwarf shaman is very tempting).

I wish they had given Alliance paladins something new to play, human is kind of boring. In any case, can't wait for the shattering tomorrow. I was running through Azshara the other day and thinking that it was reallllly outdated. That kind of 'zone' design really reminded me of Everquest where it seemed like the goal was to just create a massive world with very few points of interest. As nice as that may seem, I really like the more focused approach to the new Azeroth.

Cipherr

theultimo said:
On a lighter note: its been 6 years As of tomorrow that WoW was released in NA. Has anyone else been there since launch? I have had an active account for the duration, and played vanilla hardcore, BC semi-hardcore, and LK casually. I think with Cata, I am going to see major changes.

Also, say goodbye to keys and this. It becomes a FoS either tomorrow of Dec 7. So many memories getting these...I've been grinding Rep to get the last one today.
q1WaO.jpg

Heh Keymaster a FoS, kinda makes me laugh. And yeah I was also there ad midnight launch, and have had an account, though they have refunded several months of mine over the years because I hadnt logged on during those months. Its just something they do I guess. Whenever I call up c/s for something they seem to look for months I paid for but didnt use.

But anyway yea, launch, six years ago. All was fine in the NElf starting area, a little crowded but not too bad at 12:30 am central.....then I fell asleep and woke up 7 hours later to my guild going apeshit because the few servers they had up were buckling to SHIT under the massive load of people and we relocated to thunderlord.

Shit was ridiculous, I couldnt quest, move, skin anything or ANYTHING.

So....many...nightelves....

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think I'm going to leave my account to freeze for a bit and wait for everything to simmer down before jumping back in the game.. which seems ridiculous when I consider how excited I was over the fact that Azeroth 1-60 was being completely changed, let alone the new racial classes.

Sometimes I consider that I'll miss out on the Deathwing feat of strength achievement, or the logging in WoW thing, but I'm no gigantic stat keeper when it comes to things like that. All I really wanted to do when the Shattering happened was roll a Tauren Paladin and enjoy a class that I have never played in any serious capacity on a race that I've always enjoyed. I suppose waiting for a few months means that way there won't be hundreds of rerolls running around, making the low-leveling process a lot more peaceful.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
I think I'm going to leave my account to freeze for a bit and wait for everything to simmer down before jumping back in the game.. which seems ridiculous when I consider how excited I was over the fact that Azeroth 1-60 was being completely changed, let alone the new racial classes.

Sometimes I consider that I'll miss out on the Deathwing feat of strength achievement, or the logging in WoW thing, but I'm no gigantic stat keeper when it comes to things like that. All I really wanted to do when the Shattering happened was roll a Tauren Paladin and enjoy a class that I have never played in any serious capacity on a race that I've always enjoyed. I suppose waiting for a few months means that way there won't be hundreds of rerolls running around, making the low-leveling process a lot more peaceful.
depends on the server. you can level on a low pop. but i want things populated. 20 people in he starting area is great compared to 1 maybe.

Dina

Wow, people are actually selling themselves to be shot with the turkey shooter. Madness.

Still need a dwarf and a gnome tho. If anyone is alliance on Talnivarr-EU, I'm sure we can work something out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Damn it! I was still missing the Auchenai Key.

Hopefully the achievement will only go away once Cataclysm hits.

Although I know that won't happen.

webrunner

I didn't play at launch, but it was a few months after. I remember when seeing a level 40 character was impressive, and seeing a level 60 character with a blue dungeon set was a revelation.

I miss those days, before dozens of full-setted dudes just hung around the cities all day.

zugzug

so with about 30ish minutes till server went down I got the ZG Raptor mount on my Ally Shaman. But I blew it and waited to long to go turn in all my coins and bijous, cuz I'm still only revered with Zandalar tribe. I blew it not getting exalted with zandalar earlier i admit it.

Awesome though very last chance ever to get a ZG mount and I did. Score! no Tiger mount on that char though. But as Ally I wanted Raptor more, just the obssesive compulsive in me demands every mount alive.

Heh I'm still bitter I never got the FoS for the bare knuckle 400skill and 4 weapon skills.

I still carry my Agent of Nordormu item around even though on Borean Tundra server I got jilted out of Elementium ore and never completed the Sceptre of the shifting sands quest chain nor got the Scarab Lord title/mount.

Acidote

Got the shadowforge key. That was the only one I had left.

Oh, and the Eu servers restart at 3, so I think I'm gonna farm those Zg mounts one last time if I'm able to from 12 to 3 :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dina said:
Wow, people are actually selling themselves to be shot with the turkey shooter. Madness.

Still need a dwarf and a gnome tho. If anyone is alliance on Talnivarr-EU, I'm sure we can work something out.

Do what i did for the achievement on my alliance toons. I was missing orc & troll rogues. So i went to Durotar, asked my guild to make a lvl 1 orc & troll rogue to help me, and voila!

No need to wait for hours in Dalaran hoping to see the rare orc, troll or dwarf rogue.

Willectro

Banned
Reins of the Blue Drake
This mount will once again be available from defeating 10-player Malygos without needing to use the Dungeon Finder. The Reins of the Azure Drake will only be available on 25-player Malygos.
- MMO Champion

There's going to be 10-player dungeon finders? Anyone explain this? Am I crazy?

Infinity

Farmed the portal bosses last night with my protection paladin and got the tanking shield off the princess. It took me about 4 tries.

Then I went for the tank bracers from the hydra. They dropped, but I lost the Need roll to another protection paladin posing as a DPS. Aggravated me to no end. Many tries later and they never dropped again. We saw the Sacrificial Mail about 9 times and the rings dropped quite a bit too. Will try again today.

I've been a subscriber since launch with a few lapses here and there. Seen quite a bit and very excited about Cata.

Milpool

Acidote said:
Got the shadowforge key. That was the only one I had left.

Oh, and the Eu servers restart at 3, so I think I'm gonna farm those Zg mounts one last time if I'm able to from 12 to 3 :lol

I'm gonna try one last time at 2am, really not looking forward to bringing this up with the gf.

Yaweee

GhostRidah said:
It is pretty damn good, the best imo out of the new horde starting areas.

When you say starting areas, do you mean 1~6, or the 1~15 area, Silverpine included? I'm making a Tauren Paladin, but I might do the Eastern Kingdoms leveling path. I still don't know.

will52 said:
- MMO Champion

um that would be awesome. The Dungeon Finder is the best thing to happen to the game in a long time, IMO. I have a shitty guild and no friends so it's been a godsend.

Anyone else on Stormscale?

idlewild_

Yaweee said:
When you say starting areas, do you mean 1~6, or the 1~15 area, Silverpine included? I'm making a Tauren Paladin, but I might do the Eastern Kingdoms leveling path. I still don't know.

i imagine it includes silverpine, in the interview with Tom Chilton, he specifically mentioned silverpine as being one of the best revamped zones

been playing since 2004 as well, had an active acct almost the entire time, though have only played for max half those months...i had no idea they would refund the months you didn't play...might have to call c/s about something and get a couple free years :lol

theultimo said:
On a lighter note: its been 6 years As of tomorrow that WoW was released in NA. Has anyone else been there since launch? I have had an active account for the duration, and played vanilla hardcore, BC semi-hardcore, and LK casually. I think with Cata, I am going to see major changes.

Also, say goodbye to keys and this. It becomes a FoS either tomorrow of Dec 7. So many memories getting these...I've been grinding Rep to get the last one today.
http://i.imgur.com/q1WaO.jpgG][/QUOTE]

Only been playing since 2005 here. I had no idea MMORPGs were so fun until my brother convinced me to buy WoW. I blame him for the addiction.

[QUOTE=will52]- MMO Champion

There's going to be 10-player dungeon finders? Anyone explain this? Am I crazy?[/QUOTE]

The blue drake used to be a rare drop from the last boss in Oculus only when you used the Dungeon Finder, so no 10 player dungeon finder.

notworksafe

will52 said:
- MMO Champion

I believe they mean without having to use the 5 player dungeon finder, since it was also available in Occulus.

Yaweee said:
1-10 for undead and then 10-20 azshara is the best (most fun imo), but silverpine/hillsbrad is also really fun.

Any link to live streams ASAP! i can't resub for another 4 days and i can't find that free 7 days game time anywhere in my account :(

At least i want to see it "live" with everyone now :lol

SilverLunar said:
Any link to live streams ASAP! i can't resub for another 4 days and i can't find that free 7 days game time anywhere in my account :(

At least i want to see it "live" with everyone now :lol

Servers are down for maintenance. Scheduled to be up at 2 EST

SUPARSTARX

I've been on it since launch. I took some breaks here and there. I tried the first month free and then renewed in January. The first 2-3 months were hell man. Waiting through long queues to play through laggy servers. Getting killed by people randomly out in the open while trying to level up.

I sure took my sweet time as a rogue. I leveled with the classic 21/8/22 build. Who remembers CB/prep? :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao@
What are your thoughts on Death Knight design in 4.0.3a? Many DKs in the beta seem to feel they are in poor shape and desperately need more work. An example being Frost going relatively untouched after the tree downsizing.

I wonder what a dev. thinks when they get an obvious QQ question like that. I don't think even J-rzez thinks this is accurate at all. DK tanks are basically OP and DK dps was parsing out high in beta raids.

I'm sure nobody's surprised that Chilton's response was something along the lines of, "every player of every class believes his class is in poor shape and needs a significant buff."

Infinity

will52 said:
:lol

I will be shocked if this goes up without any issues. I've been wrong before though.

Having played many other MMO's, I can say Blizzard does a fine job comparitively speaking.

Seems that this patch is going to introduce a lot of change though, so I'm getting ready for a late login tonight, lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
"Many DKs", eh? :lol

Of course even at Wrath launch there were Paladins complaining at their "low" DPS. :lol :lol :lol
It's just a really really stupid question that just is a whiny, "when are you going to make my class better" question that's devoid of any real meaning. The part about Frost not being significantly different is stupid too. It's not significantly different because the DK trees were designed like 2 years ago vs. the 6 years ago most of the other ones were.

funkmastergeneral said:
I think Blizz is well prepared for this and should go off without much of a hitch.

The reason why they launch the pre-expansion patches 2 weeks prior to expansion is because it's imperative to business that it works on the exp.'s launch date and time. They'd rather get it all working server side now, so I wouldn't expect this to be any better than any other Blizzard patch, which isn't even a big deal; it's like a few hours of downtime.

Garryk

I wish I had gotten enough turkey shooters before the servers went down. Dalaran is going to be empty while everyone is checking out the new zones.

Rapstah

I'm officially logging my alt out in the Great Sea to see where the hell I'll end up when they teleport me to the nearest GY.

Evlar

Banned
Rapstah said:
I'm officially logging my alt out in the Great Sea to see where the hell I'll end up when they teleport me to the nearest GY.
+1 hour to patch time for some Blizzard lackey to hunt down Rapstah's corpse and boot it off GM Island.

-NeoTB1-

Angry Grimace said:
lmao@

I wonder what a dev. thinks when they get an obvious QQ question like that. I don't think even J-rzez thinks this is accurate at all. DK tanks are basically OP and DK dps was parsing out high in beta raids.

I'm sure nobody's surprised that Chilton's response was something along the lines of, "every player of every class believes his class is in poor shape and needs a significant buff."

These whiny little shits annoy me to no end. I swear, some of these Blizz devs have the patience of a saint. :lol

ampere

I hope the servers come up close to 2pm; I really want to be a Dwarf Shaman o.o

Leaving work as soon as I see the servers have come up :lol I logged out where the volcano forms in Ashenvale :)

SUPARSTARX

I have an account full of humans, so I'm likely going to delete my lvl 35 Draenei hunter and remake a human hunter. Heehee. (No racist!) :lol

And probably make a dwarven shaman. I don't like how draenei's look.

-NeoTB1- said:
These whiny little shits annoy me to no end. I swear, some of these Blizz devs have the patience of a saint. :lol
Divine Patience
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 264
Equip: Increases Patience by 288.
Equip: When you respond to a complaint you have a chance to gain Calm, increasing your Professionalism by 510 for 30 sec.

bjb

Banned
Anyone know what they plan on doing with achievements / titles in ICC? Whether they're becoming feats of strength or not?

I'm about two weeks (resets) away from completing glory of the icecrown raider, which means it's going to take me and a few guildies into Cata's release to complete our last achievement.

Unless we can somehow kill Sindy on Hardmode and get her meta achievement at the same time = /

bjb said:
Anyone know what they plan on doing with achievements / titles in ICC? Whether they're becoming feats of strength or not?

I'm about two weeks (resets) away from completing glory of the icecrown raider, which means it's going to take me and a few guildies into Cata's release to complete our last achievement.

Unless we can somehow kill Sindy on Hardmode and get her meta achievement at the same time = /

They'll still be there.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I decided to go back and check out my old account, which I haven't played since BC. Says it's already been merged with a battle.net account, and I didn't do it. I just now made a battle.net account and so now apparently I have a problem. =/

I don't have the keys to my original games anymore either, just all the info I signed up with.

Flib

bjb said:

You're fine, even the Ulduar drakes aren't going away. Only changes are Invincible/Mimiron's Head becoming rare drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom