• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapstah said:
I'm officially logging my alt out in the Great Sea to see where the hell I'll end up when they teleport me to the nearest GY.

I logged off one toon in Darkwhisper Gorge, one on unfinished terrain south of Un'goro where Uldum will appear, and one going around EK's eastern coast where Twilight Highlands will appear. Just want to see if Blizz will cover their bases or let me play around those zones (I know I can't quest or anything, but still =P). And really, unless they put invis walls up, Uldum and Twilight Highlands will be really easy to get to just running around the outside of the continents (I should've tried this on PTR damnit)

Macattk15

I'm not going to explore anything. I'm going to create a new character today and just stumble upon things all the way up until Cata release.

I'll log on my mains to only send gold and other such things to this character.

Looking forward to it, damn Thanksgiving and family time for getting in the way of it!

Garryk

bjb said:
Anyone know what they plan on doing with achievements / titles in ICC? Whether they're becoming feats of strength or not?

I'm about two weeks (resets) away from completing glory of the icecrown raider, which means it's going to take me and a few guildies into Cata's release to complete our last achievement.

Unless we can somehow kill Sindy on Hardmode and get her meta achievement at the same time = /

They are taking out some raid achievements and making them FoS. They are removing the limited death cheevos like Immortal and Undying from Naxx, Tribute to Insanity from ToC, etc.

Dunlop

ug!

I was happily leveling a druid, now I need to scrap it and roll a dwarf shaman :D

We are on LK HM tonight..I'm sure a huge patch won't cause any problems for us right?.....RIGHT?!?!?!

webrunner

Weenerz said:
They already said they were porting everyone to graveyards in the zones they logged out in.

I think he's trying to see what happens when the "zone they logged out in" and the "Zone they logged in in" are different zones, since Darkwhisper Gorge was part of winterspring but now it's part of Hyjal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
webrunner said:
I think he's trying to see what happens when the "zone they logged out in" and the "Zone they logged in in" are different zones, since Darkwhisper Gorge was part of winterspring but now it's part of Hyjal.
My guess is they thought of that, but they also said they already suspect people will find ways into the new zones.

Xiaoki

Angry Grimace said:
It's just a really really stupid question that just is a whiny, "when are you going to make my class better" question that's devoid of any real meaning. The part about Frost not being significantly different is stupid too. It's not significantly different because the DK trees were designed like 2 years ago vs. the 6 years ago most of the other ones were.
It doesnt matter when the talent trees were designed, Blizzard set themselves a goal for all Cataclysm talent trees and they failed that goal with all 3 DK talent trees.

Why does Blood still have DPS talents(seriously, why does the 2 hander tank tree have a dual wield DPS talent?!)
Why do DKs have to spend 3 talents points to get spell hit when Paladins get it for free?
When will the ghoul bug get fixed? When will the negative haste bug get fixed?
Why do all DKs not care about diseases anymore when its our classes "theme"?

Blizzard is setting themselves up for another roller coaster of DK balance because they are unable to learn from their mistakes.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
awesome, my class still remains the most exclusive in terms of available races.

Code:
Deathknight -	12
Warrior -	12
Priest -	11
Hunter -	11
Mage -		11
Rogue -		10
Warlock -	9
Shaman -	6
Paladin -	5
Druid -		4
go druid :)

Xiaoki said:
Why does Blood still have DPS talents(seriously, why does the 2 hander tank tree have a dual wield DPS talent?!)
where is it? i can't see it on the wowhead talent calculator.

Xiaoki said:
Why do DKs have to spend 3 talents points to get spell hit when Paladins get it for free?
because DKs get expertise instead?

Ugh. 70-80 is taking soooo long. 58-70 took me less than a week of only doing Hellfire Peninsula and instance runs. I'm barely 71 now and the xp is just crawling by. I wonder if the 20% nerf will be that significant...

HildyB

SUPARSTARX said:
I have an account full of humans, so I'm likely going to delete my lvl 35 Draenei hunter and remake a human hunter. Heehee. (No racist!) :lol

And probably make a dwarven shaman. I don't like how draenei's look.

I want head tattoo's like Greystone or whatever that dwarf shaman was

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
Ugh. 70-80 is taking soooo long. 58-70 took me less than a week of only doing Hellfire Peninsula and instance runs. I'm barely 71 now and the xp is just crawling by. I wonder if the 20% nerf will be that significant...
According to Blizzard it increases leveling speed by 25%

Songbird

Prodigal Son
GasProblem said:
We're getting it tomorrow. Log in and read the notice.
It's kind of lame, I'm waiting for the new combinations before I start serious play. At least I can fight the elementals if they're still around.

Fularu

Banned
bjb said:
Anyone know what they plan on doing with achievements / titles in ICC? Whether they're becoming feats of strength or not?

I'm about two weeks (resets) away from completing glory of the icecrown raider, which means it's going to take me and a few guildies into Cata's release to complete our last achievement.

Unless we can somehow kill Sindy on Hardmode and get her meta achievement at the same time = /
It's actually easier to manage on hard mode. The achievement is just to reset your stacks every 3-4, which you should be doing anyway. It's not a DPS race, it's a survival race and hiding yourself is part of it :p

Dina

Bisnic said:
Do what i did for the achievement on my alliance toons. I was missing orc & troll rogues. So i went to Durotar, asked my guild to make a lvl 1 orc & troll rogue to help me, and voila!

No need to wait for hours in Dalaran hoping to see the rare orc, troll or dwarf rogue.

Don't have a guild atm, or any cross-faction friends for that matter.

notworksafe said:
According to Blizzard it increases leveling speed by 25%
Ya, I just wonder how it'll "feel"--ya know? 1-70 just felt like constant progression, except for a bit in the 40s. Being stuck on 70 for 4 days has been insane after blowing through 2 levels a day. Mainly, I have limited play time and would love to get to 80 prior to Cataclysm. But Gran Turismo 5 comes out tomorrow...........so this is looking less and less likely.

mclem

notworksafe said:
Aren't Euros always a week later?

A day. We traditionally have Patch Wednesday, rather than Patch Tuesday.

There was one exception. The patch that added Halion hit Europe a week later because they didn't want to release RealID worldwide in one go.

Garryk

SnakeswithLasers said:
That takes off over 300k XP per level so it will be like doing 10-15 less quests per level (including quest xp + xp from killing stuff for quests).

I was really overleveled by the time I got to DB so I skipped over ZD/GH and went to SB.

I imagine you will be able to go BT or HF > DB > SB > SP or IC and be done

Xiaoki

Scrow said:
where is it? i can't see it on the wowhead talent calculator.

because DKs get expertise instead?
Blood Caked Blade, which only procs off white hits(also, half of its damage is based on diseases, which Blood will only have up half the time)

Only Blood gets free expertise and its only 6 points, which is 1.5% expertise.

Also, Paladins get 10 expertise points, or 2.5% expertise, as a Prime glyph.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xiaoki said:
Blood Caked Blade, which only procs off white hits(also, half of its damage is based on diseases, which Blood will only have up half the time)

Only Blood gets free expertise and its only 6 points, which is 1.5% expertise.

Also, Paladins get 10 expertise points, or 2.5% expertise, as a Prime glyph.
Classes don't all get the same things.

Angry Grimace

CcrooK said:
Eh, don't really care. Rather have the character up to or close to 80 come Cata and do the race change up.

4.0.1.13287 → 4.0.1.13329(4.0.1a) I believe will just be 50MB. Or so I was told. 15GB though? How did anyone come up with that number?
Because the PTR 4.0.1 patch was 15.6GB.

They didn't give you the option to download it in batches.

Xiaoki said:
It doesnt matter when the talent trees were designed, Blizzard set themselves a goal for all Cataclysm talent trees and they failed that goal with all 3 DK talent trees.

When will the ghoul bug get fixed? When will the negative haste bug get fixed?
Why do all DKs not care about diseases anymore when its our classes "theme"?

Blizzard is setting themselves up for another roller coaster of DK balance because they are unable to learn from their mistakes.
QQ

I didn't even notice how QQ-y this post was till I read it.

DK has been OP-since-inception.

Acidote

Has anybody else noticed something like a mass extinction of paladins on your servers after 4.0.3? Seriously, their population must have halved at the very least.

Garryk said:
That takes off over 300k XP per level so it will be like doing 10-15 less quests per level (including quest xp + xp from killing stuff for quests).

I was really overleveled by the time I got to DB so I skipped over ZD/GH and went to SB.

I imagine you will be able to go BT or HF > DB > SB > SP or IC and be done
You make me happy.

webrunner

Angry Grimace said:
Because the PTR 4.0.1 patch was 15.6GB.

They didn't give you the option to download it in batches.

QQ

I didn't even notice how QQ-y this post was till I read it.

DK has been OP-since-inception.

Okay, can I just tell both of you to go sit in the corner? Complaining constantly just makes everyone miserable, but telling someone "QQ" because they're "OP" when some aspects of their class are physically broken is ridiculous.

Every class is entitled to their class working as advertised, even if balance wise they are currently too strong or weak.

Acidote said:
Has anybody else noticed something like a mass extinction of paladins on your servers after 4.0.3? Seriously, their population must have halved at the very least.
Why would that be?

I never played a pally until 4.0.1 and I love it. Something at max level that I'm not aware of?

Angry Grimace

webrunner said:
Okay, can I just tell both of you to go sit in the corner? Complaining constantly just makes everyone miserable, but telling someone "QQ" because they're "OP" when some aspects of their class are physically broken is ridiculous.

Every class is entitled to their class working as advertised, even if balance wise they are currently too strong or weak.
It's QQ because it's unsupported whining; Death Knight as a class doesn't magically become broken because the Blood tree has Blood-Caked Blade (which isn't a "dual wield talent").

Maybe there's a bug. Okay. But a bug isn't the same thing as claiming there's a conceptual problem with their talent trees, which I really don't see based on BcB being in the "wrong" tree, or being blatantly incorrect and claiming diseases don't matter.

Elitist Jerks said:
Diseases > Ob if both Frost/Unholy pairs and/or both Death runes are up, or if KM is procced >
BS if both Blood Runes are up > FS if RP capped > Rime > Ob > BS > FS > HoW.

-NeoTB1-

Acidote said:

Not yet. My main is a Holy Pally and I am still loving it.

Antagon

Going to reroll for cataclysm as well. Looking for a somewhat casual, friendly horde guild on a balanced PVP server. Any Gaffers here that have tips? All guilds that are recruiting seem to be raiding guilds and I'd like to have a fun group of people to play with from the start.

notworksafe said:
Prot and Ret at endgame are below average to say the least. :/
Oh well. =(

At 72 I get wings, so I don't give a fuuuuuuck. =P

What's the prob with Prot? Not enough threat?

I actually also have a question about the rotation.

I see that it's a 3/9/3/9 or whatever. CS/Judge/CS/AW/CS/ShotR ...

But isn't that wasting a GCD? I mean, doesn't CS have a 4.5s cooldown? What am I not understanding here...

notworksafe

HarryDemeanor said:
It begins! Maintenance has been extended 2 hours and will be available at 1:00 PM PST.
J-RZEZ SIGNAL ACTIVE!

Ex56F.jpg

We need youuuuuuuuuuu! :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh well. =(

At 72 I get wings, so I don't give a fuuuuuuck. =P

What's the prob with Prot? Not enough threat?

I actually also have a question about the rotation.

I see that it's a 3/9/3/9 or whatever. CS/Judge/CS/AW/CS/ShotR ...

But isn't that wasting a GCD? I mean, doesn't CS have a 4.5s cooldown? What am I not understanding here...
Yeah threat issues. We're quite low...and really poor on AoE, which is funny because that used to be the Paladin specialty.

Also you forgot Holy Wrath.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I think for Cata I am going to change my playstyle a bit.

Instead of leveling my 80 warlock and playing the new endgame, I think I am going to level a brand new character, WITHOUT heirlooms (but I'll give him gold to buy large bags only), and take my good old Texan time leveling him. And by that I mean not care at all about experience effeciency or getting to 85 as fast as I can. I am going to play the game in an extremely casual way. Quest everywhere, whether it gives me XP or not. Go for Loremaster right from the start. Read every quest. Explore every place. Run every single instance along the way. Take time to PvP in battlegrounds while I level. Go sightseeing. Some nights I might not gain any XP at all, but I'm going to be okay with that because my goal will not be getting to 85. My goal will be having fun exploring a world and relaxing while doing it.

And when I do get to 85 it will be a long, full journey getting there. Probably months from now, at least half a year I'd say.

Now I just have to decide what character to roll for this epic journey. Goblin rogue sounds fun, I've never seriously played a rogue. Or a Troll druid. A Tauren priest would be interesting, something about a holy cow in cloth armor would really be a change for sure. A Tauren paladin is also appealing.

I mean, the new zones aren't going anywhere, they will still be there a year from now. Heck, they will most likely be better a year from now after tweaking and bug fixes.

Something about this idea sounds refreshing to me.

kodt

Banned
Mengy said:

Instead of leveling my 80 warlock and playing the new endgame, I think I am going to level a brand new character, WITHOUT heirlooms (but I'll give him gold to buy large bags only), and take my good old Texan time leveling him. And by that I mean not care at all about experience effeciency or getting to 85 as fast as I can. I am going to play the game in an extremely casual way. Quest everywhere, whether it gives me XP or not. Go for Loremaster right from the start. Read every quest. Explore every place. Run every single instance along the way. Take time to PvP in battlegrounds while I level. Go sightseeing. Some nights I might not gain any XP at all, but I'm going to be okay with that because my goal will not be getting to 85. My goal will be having fun exploring a world and relaxing while doing it.

And when I do get to 85 it will be a long, full journey getting there. Probably months from now, at least half a year I'd say.

Now I just have to decide what character to roll for this epic journey. Goblin rogue sounds fun, I've never seriously played a rogue. Or a Troll druid. A Tauren priest would be interesting, something about a holy cow in cloth armor would really be a change for sure. A Tauren paladin is also appealing.

I mean, the new zones aren't going anywhere, they will still be there a year from now. Heck, they will most likely be better a year from now after tweaking and bug fixes.

This is how I want to play. But my friends are always rushing me.

HildyB

Mengy said:

After a nice year long hiatus I came back a few months ago and started anew in this fashion. It was fun and relaxing, fishing for fun and cooking working on odd skills and professions. It would be even more fun to do so now with new lore to explore.

-NeoTB1-

Mengy said:

I play on 2 servers. One, with some RL friends who are mostly concerned with raiding and/or getting to max level as fast as they can. The other I play very casually, and just go at whatever pace I want. I've found myself preferring the latter more and more as time goes on.

notworksafe said:
Yeah threat issues. We're quite low...and really poor on AoE, which is funny because that used to be the Paladin specialty.

Also you forgot Holy Wrath.
Ya, I meant HW, not AW. Still learning the names of all these abilities.

So, it is normal to just wait on a CS cooldown during this rotation then? Seems wasteful, I'm used to warrior tanking and having the rage and abilities to press SOMETHING every GCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom