• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Retro said:
/grumble

Update the OP to say that there isn't an official GAF server, but several GAFfers clump together in various places (Area 52, etc.). No link to the database either?

/double grumble
Adding now! For EU GAF I have the server you guys play on but is there any one guild or person that wants to take PMs on what to do when people create a character there?

Ramirez

Mengy said:
I think for Cata I am going to change my playstyle a bit.

Instead of leveling my 80 warlock and playing the new endgame, I think I am going to level a brand new character, WITHOUT heirlooms (but I'll give him gold to buy large bags only), and take my good old Texan time leveling him. And by that I mean not care at all about experience effeciency or getting to 85 as fast as I can. I am going to play the game in an extremely casual way. Quest everywhere, whether it gives me XP or not. Go for Loremaster right from the start. Read every quest. Explore every place. Run every single instance along the way. Take time to PvP in battlegrounds while I level. Go sightseeing. Some nights I might not gain any XP at all, but I'm going to be okay with that because my goal will not be getting to 85. My goal will be having fun exploring a world and relaxing while doing it.

And when I do get to 85 it will be a long, full journey getting there. Probably months from now, at least half a year I'd say.

Now I just have to decide what character to roll for this epic journey. Goblin rogue sounds fun, I've never seriously played a rogue. Or a Troll druid. A Tauren priest would be interesting, something about a holy cow in cloth armor would really be a change for sure. A Tauren paladin is also appealing.

I mean, the new zones aren't going anywhere, they will still be there a year from now. Heck, they will most likely be better a year from now after tweaking and bug fixes.

Something about this idea sounds refreshing to me.

Sounds like an awesome idea, and although I probably won't take as long to hit the end stuff, I'm definitely going to be playing at a more relaxed rate this time around. I don't have the free time to play like I used to, but even if I did, I just want to take my time, I've been down that rushed leveling road before, I think I got my Dranei Shammy to 70 in like a week back when it hit, was pretty insane and pathetic looking back. :lol

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, I meant HW, not AW. Still learning the names of all these abilities.

So, it is normal to just wait on a CS cooldown during this rotation then? Seems wasteful, I'm used to warrior tanking and having the rage and abilities to press SOMETHING every GCD.
Maybe it's just me, but I've been getting a lot of Sacred Duty procs, so I use Avenger's Shield a ton. It's good damage and excellent for keeping up threat on on multiple mobs.

notworksafe said:
Maybe it's just me, but I've been getting a lot of Sacred Duty procs, so I use Avenger's Shield a ton. It's good damage and excellent for keeping up threat on on multiple mobs.
From what I'm reading, Grand Crusader isn't that great because those procs mess up your rotation. Gah. So confusing!

I wish Blizzard's servers didn't have to be up for me to check the talent trees on my iPhone.

notworksafe

Can you use wowtal.com or the WoWhead thingy? The Prot rotation isn't as strict as forums would lead you to believe.

I took the talent mostly because I felt the shield from extra heals was unneeded at this stage. I've got 75k+ HP so I wasn't worried about taking an extra hit. :lol

Songbird

Prodigal Son
notworksafe said:
Adding now! For EU GAF I have the server you guys play on but is there any one guild or person that wants to take PMs on what to do when people create a character there?
What server is this for EU players? I'm hopping on Defias Brotherhood with my main to seek out the Goons.

Alex

I mostly skipped quest text back in classic, because, IMO, back then the quests just weren't that great. I mean it wasn't bad, it was just, like a lot of old school questing, mostly sanctioned grinding with a little flavor.

The modern stuff, especially Wrath and on is incredible with all of the variety and mechanics and heavy story chaining, and well worth reading all and paying great attention to.

The new 1-60 + dungeon finder + BG exp really makes the leveling game in WoW immensely polished.

notworksafe

Thnikkaman said:
What server is this for EU players? I'm hopping on Defias Brotherhood with my main to seek out the Goons.
People in the other thread were saying Aggramar Alliance side. Is this not right?

notworksafe said:
Can you use wowtal.com or the WoWhead thingy? The Prot rotation isn't as strict as forums would lead you to believe.

I took the talent mostly because I felt the shield from extra heals was unneeded at this stage. I've got 75k+ HP so I wasn't worried about taking an extra hit. :lol
I'll try wowtal. The wowhead one works, but it's just not as nice as blizzard's. I dunno, I love the talent, especially since I'm just doing 5 mans and questing, so an extra shield throw always feels helpful.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not a fan of the "vehicle" quests. It's like, okay, I'm leveling a warlock, I mostly just want to use warlock mechanics, not learn a new vehicle I'll never use again every other quest. I like the simple kill quests just being I like making use of the toolset of the character I'm leveling.

Alex

I warmed up a lot to vehicles over time, but I'm still not a fan of them in PvP. Well, they're OK in Strand, maybe I just hate Wintergrasp.

For PvE and questing though I've really enjoyed most of them. Most of all I LOVED Flame Leviathan. I had a ball back in the day when we started that boss.

I'm very glad to see less and less and less straight forward kill/collect quests without much of a twist or interesting context.

Rapstah

Well I'm set for tomorrow:

rormquelthalasfylp.png

There are players from aggramar EU alliance here? I tanked the first ever raid boss kill on aggramar soooo many years ago. Elorwynn the NE Warrior! Good times.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
HildyB said:
After a nice year long hiatus I came back a few months ago and started anew in this fashion. It was fun and relaxing, fishing for fun and cooking working on odd skills and professions. It would be even more fun to do so now with new lore to explore.

Exactly, stuff like fishing for fun. And actually picking a profession that I might enjoy instead of min maxing it or taking two gathering skills. Like, a goblin rogue with mining and engineering sounds fun. I've never leveled an engineer. I may make it my personal quest to get every cooking recipe in the game. I mean like actually prioritize that over epics and raiding and such.

I'm kinda excited about this. I think I'll even keep a photo journal of the whole thing. And maybe even forego playing all of my other toons and just play this one new toon. I've kind of wanted to do that for awhile now. Alts are fun, but they can be distracting too. It would really be nice to pick a character and just focus totally on that one toon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xiaoki said:
Wow, did a DK kill your dog or something?

U MAD because its unsupported hating.
My main is a Death Knight.

You just don't know what you're talking about.

AFKevin

Neo Member
So glad they kept open the elemental bosses permanently til server maintenance. Got all my dps pieces in one quick go since i wasn't able to do em all quick enough before. Also was able to get my first BoA piece due to constant running of bosses and quick JP points. Loved it. Now, by the time i get home, 6pm PST i'll experience the shattering and won't be that much further behind from everyone else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AFKevin said:
So glad they kept open the elemental bosses permanently til server maintenance. Got all my dps pieces in one quick go since i wasn't able to do em all quick enough before. Also was able to get my first BoA piece due to constant running of bosses and quick JP points. Loved it. Now, by the time i get home, 6pm PST i'll experience the shattering and won't be that much further behind from everyone else.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were queues.

CcrooK said:
my class was canceled today
Professor is a WoW addict, confirmed

I thought 4.0.3a only required the flip of a switch?

European maintenace should end at 11 am tomorrow morning, I'll wake up around 10:30 and see what happens with delays etc. Hopefully the US are being treated as guineaupigs and our maintenance ends at 11 ;D I had my last exam this morning and classes don't start untill next week, so this is going to be an all-out WoW week.

And I'm really happy with the influx of new Dwarves, they are one of my favorite races. The more beards the merrier.

Rokam

GasProblem said:
And I'm really happy with the influx of new Dwarves, they are one of my favorite races. The more beards the merrier.

Need more Dwarf females! Their yes and no emotes are the best! (Damn Straight and Get Bent)

AFKevin

Neo Member
Angry Grimace said:
I wouldn't be surprised if there were queues.

Oh, there were queues, but i had a friend with me that was healer. Went from 13min queues to instaqueues. Thankfully, people actually stayed to run the instances 6-7 times at some points.

Rokam

Are they changing the level of Strat/Scholo and reducing the length of WC with this patch? Or is that post-Cataclysm?

Rokam said:
Are they changing the level of Strat/Scholo and reducing the length of WC with this patch? Or is that post-Cataclysm?

The Wailing Caverns fix wasn't in when I last went through it which was a month ago. I don't know about Scholomance or Stratholme.

Angry Grimace

AFKevin said:
Oh, there were queues, but i had a friend with me that was healer. Went from 13min queues to instaqueues. Thankfully, people actually stayed to run the instances 6-7 times at some points.
I meant queues to get on the server.

moojito

You would think they'd know by now to say "SERVERS WILL BE DOWN FOR TWO DAYS", then when it comes back up on the first night everyone's like "wow, gg blizz, fast work!", instead of this all the time.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Question :

I'm an oldschool wow-player, loved vanillla, didn't care for tbc and barely touched wotlk.
If I want to try the remade 1-60 zones, do I have to buy all the exps? Or is it enough to buy vanilla wow?

Hope my question makes sense

notworksafe

Corky said:
Question :

I'm an oldschool wow-player, loved vanillla, didn't care for tbc and barely touched wotlk.
If I want to try the remade 1-60 zones, do I have to buy all the exps? Or is it enough to buy vanilla wow?

Nope. Just need Vanilla for the new Azeroth.

Antagon

Corky said:
Question :

Everyone gets it, so you just need Vanilla wow. Also, if you want it, make a trial account and then upgrade it. Right now they've taken 75% off of the price of Vanilla WOW, BC and WOTLK so they're 5$ for vanilla, 10 for BC and another 10 for WOTLK if you go the upgrade route.

Corky

notworksafe said:
Nope. Just need Vanilla for the new Azeroth.

great news, thanks buddy!

edit : do you still get 1 month free when buying/opening a new account?

Corky

Antagon said:
Yeah, first month is included.

Yay, I'm going to enjoy this :), so how is Eu-Gaf doing? Anybody planning on casually playing together? From scratch that is

Antagon

Corky said:
Yay, I'm going to enjoy this :), so how is Eu-Gaf doing? Anybody planning on casually playing together? From scratch that is

I'm planning to start over, going to try a couple of new horde characters. Thinking about doing it on Ragnaros. Also, the tip about the price I gave you is for Europe as well, so just make a trial and upgrade it, you'll have the game and the first month (actually 40 days if you wait until the end of the trial) for 5 Euros.

Rapstah

Antagon said:
I'm planning to start over, going to try a couple of new horde characters. Thinking about doing it on Ragnaros. Also, the tip about the price I gave you is for Europe as well, so just make a trial and upgrade it, you'll have the game and the first month (actually 40 days if you wait until the end of the trial) for 5 Euros.
Yes, I'm on Ragnaros! I don't have any Horde characters above the 45 Shaman I'm levelling, but that'll probably be my Cata main after a while.

Corky

Antagon said:

thanks man, will definitely do this. But will vanilla wow cost 5euro for the forseeable future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom