• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
J-RZEZ SIGNAL ACTIVE!

Ex56F.jpg

We need youuuuuuuuuuu! :lol

Hi! I don't expect to be able to play this game soundly to at least 10-11pm est. Note I didn't say tonight or tomorrow... ;)

:lol

notworksafe

Finish leveling my Druid! (after checking out some areas on my Paladin, of course)

I'll probably also level cooking quickly on my Warlock before the Thanksgiving thing ends.

Entropia

No One Remembers
HarryDemeanor said:
So what are everyone's plans once you log into the new world? Level up a new alt? Sit around Orgrimmar or Stormwind and look snazzy?

Make Troll Warlock -> Send Heirlooms -> Get Leveling!

Sai-kun said:
http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=f:1

Never a better time to buy the games. :D

Vanilla: $5
Burning Crusade: $5
Wrath: $10

A *steal* at that price.

edit: derp I didn't see someone had mentioned it already. Oh well, there's the link.
If only you could get them all digitally and not have to pay shipping. Damn.

I just bought the set from Amazon for $40 total. But if I pay for return shipping to Amazon, then shipping of the games to me, I'm only going to save $7. Not really all that worth it. Shoulda held out I guess.

Garryk

HarryDemeanor said:
So what are everyone's plans once you log into the new world? Level up a new alt? Sit around Orgrimmar or Stormwind and look snazzy?
Do the Thanksgiving dailies, stock up on turkey shooters, and try to find the last few rogues to get my title and turkey.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HarryDemeanor said:
Well the big problem is that it kind of sucks to level an alt, knowing like 70% of the population is going to re-roll with new races in 2 weeks.

Garryk said:
Do the Thanksgiving dailies, stock up on turkey shooters, and try to find the last few rogues to get my title and turkey.

I'm sure the fact that Dalaran will be empty will make it REALLY easy to do the opposite faction rogues :lol

Delio

HarryDemeanor said:

Going to start my Holy Cow Pally. Possibly a Troll Druid later tonight but maybe not.

Lumine

Anyone know where I can find some of those console commands on how to improve graphics like view distance? And how to add them? Thanks. :)

Flib

Lumine said:
Anyone know where I can find some of those console commands on how to improve graphics like view distance? And how to add them? Thanks. :)

Those are now just options, and I've heard that they took out the ability to edit them past that in the ini files. The view distance/texture draw distance has been greatly, greatly improved.

Kweh

I think come Cataclysm I'm going to race change my Warlock to Troll and also start a Goblin Shaman to see the new Azeroth !

Urgh, so how will this work if I want to buy it digitally now and then gift it later (but also get the recruit-a-friend bonus)? Any idea?

Fuck, I have the boxed copies sitting here unopened, but if I can send them back and save $15 it's worth it...

It's been like 6 months since I played, my pally is 75, has no talents, don't know where to go and don't know where a damn trainer is. :lol

zero margin said:
It's been like 6 months since I played, my pally is 75, has no talents, don't know where to go and don't know where a damn trainer is. :lol
Orgrimmar has a Paladin trainer if you don't want to go to the stupid Blood Elf city. (I'm assuming you're horde for some reason...).

I think they also added trainers to Dalaran and Shattrath for horde and alliance.

Narag

Per my usual bad habits of riding off the edge of stuff (Fast way to Un'Goro from Tanaris my first time playing!) I fell into the rift in the barrens. argh

SnakeswithLasers said:
Orgrimmar has a Paladin trainer if you don't want to go to the stupid Blood Elf city. (I'm assuming you're horde for some reason...).

I think they also added trainers to Dalaran and Shattrath for horde and alliance.

yup horde, remembered I could ask a guard and do it that way. :lol All these changes make me want to level a new character.

Ridli

SnakeswithLasers said:
From what I'm reading, Grand Crusader isn't that great because those procs mess up your rotation. Gah. So confusing!

I wish Blizzard's servers didn't have to be up for me to check the talent trees on my iPhone.
If you are doing single target, you should not let grand crusader interrupt your rotation. The point of those procs is to let you skip using Holy Wrath as filler every now and then and continue with a CS, AS, CS, Judge, CS, ShoR as much as possible. That is why people devalue GC. There will be many, many, times when it procs but AS would have already been off cooldown by the time you need it.

However, that is evaluating it purely on single target threat. There are many benefits to having and extra AS to throw around that are hard to quantify. Like shutting down casters or being able to lock down troublesome adds on AoE situations. It's for those intangibles that I recommend putting at least 1 pt in the talent.

Trasher

This is kinda bittersweet... World's changed, but there's nothing fun to do. It just makes me want to level to 85 dammit! lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
just realized there's a second inn, AH, and bank in Valley Of Honor.

Trasher said:
This is kinda bittersweet... World's changed, but there's nothing fun to do. It just makes me want to level to 85 dammit! lol
everyone is excited about leveling a new alt. if all you want to do is play your 80.. then.. yeah... you have nothing to do

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is the Keymaster achievement a Feat of Strength now? I noticed almost all of them disappeared. I just needed the Shadowforge key. :(

And is Blizzard ever going to unify the achievements across all chars?

NameGenerated said:
Is the Keymaster achievement a Feat of Strength now? I noticed almost all of them disappeared. I just needed the Shadowforge key. :(

And is Blizzard ever going to unify the achievements across all chars?

That's the plan going forward. They want to make sure you're able to have all of your achievements across characters. It'll help especially when showing someone you've done a certain raid before.

As an 80 you can do the low level quests. You get rep if your character was made before WoLK and the rate change. Also achievements are involved. Plan to do this on my 80s to get burn by Deathwing.

Weenerz

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Is there any way to get to Outlands from Azeroth that doesn't require me to run to the fucking Blasted Lands anymore?
Most mage trainers offer a port to Blasted Lands. This isn't a new change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom