• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMartin said:
Is there any way to get to Outlands from Azeroth that doesn't require me to run to the fucking Blasted Lands anymore?

You know how when you take the portal from Shattrath or Dalaran to a city, you arrive at the mage/priest area within the city? There's always a portal directly to the Blasted Lands from there.

Alex

Wow that flight into Iron Forge was amazing with the music and new view. There's so many tiny changes that it snowballs and overwhelms the senses at times.

theultimo

NameGenerated said:
Is the Keymaster achievement a Feat of Strength now? I noticed almost all of them disappeared. I just needed the Shadowforge key. :(

And is Blizzard ever going to unify the achievements across all chars?
Yup. Let everyone know last night :D

In a word...awesome. Love the new touches. I am waiting for he worgen to start a new character though. If anyone is on hellscream alliance, let me know. I could help with raids and such.

Got my pilgrim title. Had to do a /who dwarf rogue. Only two on. One was level 80 and the other was level 1. Took a trip to the starting area and bagged him.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey guys, Silly Question... but.

How do I know what version of WoW I have? I'm looking at these $5 sales and thinking of picking up any expansions I've not bought, now keep in mind I've not bought any expansions, but I'm also playing a blood elf... I don't know how.. so yeah ;_; is there some where I can go to check?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
HolyCheck said:
Hey guys, Silly Question... but.

How do I know what version of WoW I have? I'm looking at these $5 sales and thinking of picking up any expansions I've not bought, now keep in mind I've not bought any expansions, but I'm also playing a blood elf... I don't know how.. so yeah ;_; is there some where I can go to check?

I think Battle.net lets you see what games are registered to your email address.

HolyCheck

Ok, apparently I have WoW normal, and WoW Burning Crusade..

:lol :lol TY gold farmers for buying me Burning Crusade I guess.

Do I need wrath of the lichy man before I can buy cata?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
HolyCheck said:
Ok, apparently I have WoW normal, and WoW Burning Crusade..

:lol :lol TY gold farmers for buying me Burning Crusade I guess.

Do I need wrath of the lichy man before I can buy cata?

yes, you will need WOTLK to get to lvl 80

HolyCheck

Trin3785 said:
you dont need it, but to lvl 71-80 and later access the worgen and goblins as well as the new areas in cata, you will have to get it.

ah cool, I doubt I'll play for long enough to hit level 80 + anyway, last time I played I got to like level 19 in 2 months :(
hah! CAUGHT YOU.

CAUGHT YOU AGAIN! how many edits are you going to make before it's not a ninja edit :lol :lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
HolyCheck said:
ah cool, I doubt I'll play for long enough to hit level 80 + anyway, last time I played I got to like level 19 in 2 months :(

then i would say you dont need it unless you want the new races

LOL, darn edits!

HolyCheck

I still don't know why the gold farmer hacker men upgraded me to burning crusade... do they do that for every account they take over? or did they see my level 19 rogue and feel sorry for me...

notworksafe

HolyCheck said:
I still don't know why the gold farmer hacker men upgraded me to burning crusade... do they do that for every account they take over? or did they see my level 19 rogue and feel sorry for me...
There are dungeons in TBC that can be farmed for chests and are very easy to repeat over and over to get gold.

Cyrillus

I didn't really think about it while playing beta, but doesn't SW seem a little too peaceful considering what just happened?

Loving the extra FPs for leveling in the old world; an FP in Goldshire!? Praise Deathwing!!!:lol

Oi!

I'll be able to get on in a bit. Transferred my shammy to Draka (current home server) last night before the world went boom. Put myself on the spreadsheet too, if people ever wanted to contact me. Logged the main out in Undercity, so I shouldn't be hit with crippling lag.

And notworksafe - feel free to add me to the list of people who can hand out scrolls - I have all mine left, though there's quite a list already anyway, so it's no biggie if you don't.

One interesting thing is that the new cooking and fishing dailies should be in (they were in the PTR), so I gotta get cracking on those I suppose.

No luck in ZG last night on the raptor mount or pet - I did get the tiger a month or so ago (as horde), so I don't feel too bad about it.

notworksafe

CarbonatedFalcon said:
And notworksafe - feel free to add me to the list of people who can hand out scrolls - I have all mine left, though there's quite a list already anyway, so it's no biggie if you don't.
US or EU?

Question for you beta folks, few friends suggested this to me so I just might go with them:

is it possible and viable to level 80-85 doing dungeons only? I know you gotta find them first but that's not really a problem. Some of the reasons are that I play on FULL server and questing zones are gonna be swamped, 1000 people on same mobs and quests so it's not gonna be that easy to do the quests, pvp, respawn rates etc. Plus we're raiding guild so sooner we get 80 better.
Plus with all these people I can't really enjoy the new content, maybe it's better(if possible) to rush through dungeons, have some nice gear ready and leave leveling and exploring to one of my many alts. Plus I'll have quests left for gold.

Good/bad idea? Open for suggestions :)

kai3345

Banned
Gamestop has 2 month subscription cards for 5 bucks on Black Friday, does anyone know if their website or any other online retailers will be matching that? (I wont be anywhere near a gamestop on friday)

Or alternatively since Vanilla is 5 bucks, does anyone know if you have to be activley subscribed to earn the free month of gametime for recruit a friend.

Flib

Nolimit_SS said:
Question for you beta folks, few friends suggested this to me so I just might go with them:

is it possible and viable to level 80-85 doing dungeons only? I know you gotta find them first but that's not really a problem. Some of the reasons are that I play on FULL server and questing zones are gonna be swamped, 1000 people on same mobs and quests so it's not gonna be that easy to do the quests, pvp, respawn rates etc. Plus we're raiding guild so sooner we get 80 better.
Plus with all these people I can't really enjoy the new content, maybe it's better(if possible) to rush through dungeons, have some nice gear ready and leave leveling and exploring to one of my many alts. Plus I'll have quests left for gold.

Good/bad idea? Open for suggestions :)

It's possible, but you're REALLY missing out. The 80-85 content is by far the best stuff Blizz has ever done. Going by the beta, which was crowded as fuck, it's still pretty easy to level up with tons of people around. Easier than LK and BC.

Weenerz

Banned
kai3345 said:
Gamestop has 2 month subscription cards for 5 bucks on Black Friday, does anyone know if their website or any other online retailers will be matching that? (I wont be anywhere near a gamestop on friday)

Or alternatively since Vanilla is 5 bucks, does anyone know if you have to be activley subscribed to earn the free month of gametime for recruit a friend.

WTF? $5 sub cards? Time to stock up! Thats where I'm going for this black friday :lol

I'll have a two year subscription in no time

Nevermind, looked at their BF ad, and its $5 for vanilla WoW.

Flib said:
It's possible, but you're REALLY missing out. The 80-85 content is by far the best stuff Blizz has ever done. Going by the beta, which was crowded as fuck, it's still pretty easy to level up with tons of people around. Easier than LK and BC.
I know and I'd rather quest my way and see stuff but my server is one of the most crowded around(Locked sometimes, queues at night etc), gonna be tough and I don't really want to bother with so many people, waiting times and stuff.
Wotlk wasn't that bad, on medium server but went OK, but it's bit different now I guess(pop. and guild).

Gotta research more, if it's possible and quick I'll go for it and just level another character when I'm done normal way

kai3345

Banned
Weenerz said:
WTF? $5 sub cards? Time to stock up! Thats where I'm going for this black friday :lol

I'll have a two year subscription in no time

Nevermind, looked at their BF ad, and its $5 for vanilla WoW.
edit: it does

xxhtW.png

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Nolimit_SS said:
I know and I'd rather quest my way and see stuff but my server is one of the most crowded around(Locked sometimes, queues at night etc), gonna be tough and I don't really want to bother with so many people, waiting times and stuff.
Wotlk wasn't that bad, on medium server but went OK, but it's bit different now I guess(pop. and guild).

Gotta research more, if it's possible and quick I'll go for it and just level another character when I'm done normal way
instance for a few days then quest.

limiting yourself is just... something i wouldn't consider

Mareg

Woah I didn't think WoW would be able to bring my system to its knees.

Everything is fine pretty much everywhere at ultra. However I decided to check the new Night Elf starting zone. Its a lush forest with plenty of shit to stress a video card.
My FPS went from steady 60 fps everywhere in the damn game (Dalaran included) to early 30s !
I checked the video card and sure enough it had jumped from its usual sub 70% utilization to 100%.

Good job Blizzard. Now you may entice me to upgrade my video card to something even more cutting edge. :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just did RFC on my Trollock... so good. The mobs actually take time to kill and hit for good damage. The bosses even moreso! :O

Flib

The problem is that with like 4 instance runs plus quests, you'll be almost 82. 80 to 82 is like absurdly fast, then it slows down like crazy.

Willectro

Banned
What's the deal with all of the free achievements for exploration? I'm very close to my explorer title now. :D

Edit: Wait, not I'm not. They've added Cataclysm Exploration too. I still got granted a lot of free achievements though.

ezekial45

Banned
MattPeters said:
Tirisfal and silverpine are amazing. Gj blizz.

So is Westfall. I am currently working on the long deadmines chain. They've done great work.

I have looked up/spoiled this expansion the most, and it is still entertaining!

Honestly, it's so overwhelming right now. Especially not being able to fly and absorb it all (briefly enough) yet.

Just flabbergasted, even though I was on the PTR for a bit earlier.

Logged out for now though - lagging too much in Org and I want to do the new fishing and cooking dailies.

Oh, and regarding the Pilgrim title/achieve - start working on it by at least tomorrow if you haven't yet. There are dailies to do which award necessary items - I messed up last year by starting the second to last day I think and it was impossible to complete all of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's really fun to use a mage to cast portals where the old portals were and watch noobs try to enter them :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, there is so much stuff to do now, i barely had time to do anything tonight except a little exploring around Orgrimmar & Azshara, Stormwind & Gilneas, some lvl 1-5 gnome quests and some lvl 1-3 troll quests until i hit the hill where 10 trolls were waiting for some naga to respawn.

I wonder if its better to just make a new alt of each race to see their new lvl 1-10 quests before doing them on my main.

Also, Gilneas is really pretty. If all the new lvl 80+ zones looks as good, it's gonna be great.

I wish i could just call sick for the rest of the week so i could enjoy the new low lvl zones without needing to wait for after 4:30 pm... but work work. /orcpeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom