• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niblet

Alright, WoW gaf, I want to jump on the discount prices for wow. What are the awesome GAF servers? I'm a total newbie and its great to be with fellow gaffers especially if an influx of newbies join so we can be newbie it up with you experienced guys. On that note, I'm looking to do a recruit a friend with someone. Is there some official GAF RAF thingy?

eosos

Banned
Niblet said:
Alright, WoW gaf, I want to jump on the discount prices for wow. What are the awesome GAF servers? I'm a total newbie and its great to be with fellow gaffers especially if an influx of newbies join so we can be newbie it up with you experienced guys. On that note, I'm looking to do a recruit a friend with someone. Is there some official GAF RAF thingy?
YO Ill do recruit a friend with you! Shoot me a PM with your email address. My buddies and I play on Korgath and I'll be more than happy to let you into my guild. We aren't hardcore or anything, we just level and have fun. I really want to make a troll druid XD. Any other new players should send me a PM if they want to do recruit a friend to!

KJTB

Was going to wait for cataclysm to roll a worgen druid. Was bored today and made an NE druid just for fun... Now I've decided to scrap my worgen idea and disregard my 80 until cataclysm comes out :lol

Really enjoying the shattering right now, deadmines was pretty sweet!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Anyone notice the big monument in Stormwind Cemetery that looks like Uther's Tomb but doesn't actually have anything in it? I was hoping it'd be a monument to Bolvar or something.

I even died hoping there'd be some awesome secret there like the quest giver in blackrock mountain you can only see when you're dead, but nothing.

Flib

Bisnic said:
Man, there is so much stuff to do now, i barely had time to do anything tonight except a little exploring around Orgrimmar & Azshara, Stormwind & Gilneas, some lvl 1-5 gnome quests and some lvl 1-3 troll quests until i hit the hill where 10 trolls were waiting for some naga to respawn.

I wonder if its better to just make a new alt of each race to see their new lvl 1-10 quests before doing them on my main.

Also, Gilneas is really pretty. If all the new lvl 80+ zones looks as good, it's gonna be great.

I wish i could just call sick for the rest of the week so i could enjoy the new low lvl zones without needing to wait for after 4:30 pm... but work work. /orcpeon

Gilneas is probably the second least attractive new zone, next to Hyjal (which I'm not a big fan of). The others are absurdly better looking.

Cipherr

This shit is absurd, I cant move ten feet without 20 tells asking for a portal. Damn near makes me want to rethink making my mage my main for Cata but I hope it will die down. I did however make like 200g in 15 minutes, but even overcharging gets old because Ive got like 80k gold anyway.

Niblet

eosos said:
YO Ill do recruit a friend with you! Shoot me a PM with your email address. My buddies and I play on Korgath and I'll be more than happy to let you into my guild. We aren't hardcore or anything, we just level and have fun. I really want to make a troll druid XD. Any other new players should send me a PM if they want to do recruit a friend to!
I'll let you know, although I'm interested in joining A52.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Puncture said:
This shit is absurd, I cant move ten feet without 20 tells asking for a portal. Damn near makes me want to rethink making my mage my main for Cata but I hope it will die down. I did however make like 200g in 15 minutes, but even overcharging gets old because Ive got like 80k gold anyway.

My default DND msg now...after TONS of spamming msg's 10 minutes in

"Ports are for Guildies, close friends, and people stupid enough to pay me 100g for one. If you are not one of these .... Piss off!! Have a nice day!!"

LowParry

Puncture said:

I've already made close to 2k in gold with just ports :D

What is this?

WoW1.jpg

Is it just some random air balloon thingy or a character?

Dina

LovingSteam said:
Wow. I'm enjoying this way too much guys :(

Oh dear. Your first ever WoW game? Enjoy, your first leveling experience is always the best. Even more so with Cataclysm, I fear.

zlatko

Banned
Saw the awesome discount deal, and was wondering the same question as the first post on this page about the Gaf server/s.

I'll be on on Cata-Day(awesome name I thought up) and will most likely roll a Worgen Rogue or Hunter. Something about the idea of a Wolf man shooting a musket with a pet T-Rex or pet Wolf is freaking awesome to me. I think a Worgen Paladin would've been perfect for me, but that's not one of the choices.

So yeah, where should us newbies assemble? :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Turned my Human pally into a Tauren. He's still riding the charger, even though he no longer knows how to actually summon that mount. :lol :lol

Alex

Westfall is fucking awesome and very humorous. Kudos to Blizzard's writers, they had a field day with this one.

Cipherr

Did they redo textures in stormwind? Riding through the city now I cant explain it, but it looks more, clear? Like the walls, and flags on some of the poles and stuff looks more clear and detailed, but in org stuff looks the same, kinda blurry oatmealish. Not terrible, but its clear it hasnt changed in org, but SW looks freaking great.

Edit: I meant to say in Ironforge not Orgrimmar. Still seems to be a lot of old textures there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Did they redo textures in stormwind? Riding through the city now I cant explain it, but it looks more, clear? Like the walls, and flags on some of the poles and stuff looks more clear and detailed, but in org stuff looks the same, kinda blurry oatmealish. Not terrible, but its clear it hasnt changed in org, but SW looks freaking great.
Yes they did, but they redid the textures in every zone. You don't really notice it in like, Ashenvale, but all the zones have far higher rez textures.

I ran around trying to get Bilgewater (Goblin) rep in SM and Strat most of the day but, that shit was boring. After raid tonight I went to Silverpine to do the new quests. Wow! I am really impressed by what they've done here. I'm only like 25 quests in and it's definitely the coolest questing I've ever done in WOW. There's voice acting, cut-scenes, and there's just a great atmosphere in the place. Sylvanas is there fighting Gilneans and stuff and there's some Orc pirates there. I don't want to give too much away but, it's really good. If you like Sylvanas you HAVE to play this zone. I hope the other zones are even nearly as cool as Silverpine.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Something I noticed in SW; the tables have turned on the little boy who's been running around with the girls doll for the last 6 years. Nice little touch.

Finished off the 60+ quests in Silverpine. Wow, great zone.

The ending was awesome!
When Sylvannas was shot and killed, I was shocked

Rokam

Currently the highest non-race change gnome priest (32) and going strong. Doing it without heirlooms that way I don't get grey quests and such. Barely able to do instances w/o screwing it up. I think I got 2 levels out of Deadmines. I'm enjoying the flow of the quests, except fuck Arathi, god awful zone.

Milpool

Is there a reason only certain flying mounts can be used as regular ground mounts currently? eg. rockets, flying carpets and flying machines, I remember on the 4.0.1 ptr you could use any mount as a ground mount but they got rid of it altogether when people portaged in to fly in the old world. But as far as I know the portal trick was fixed anyway.

jlai

Just re-subbed since being out right before ICC came out and.. wow am I lost.

Can anyone give me a couple small tips regarding the changes? This is what I gathered from quick research, would be great if someone could tell me if I was heading in the right direction.

For my 80 DK
Blood for tanking
Unholy should be the go to DPS spec for 2H?
Not sure what talent builds to use

For my 80 Priest
I really have no idea what changes have been done and am having a hard time finding a guide for the new changes with the WoW forum being read-only. I always seemed to have a hard time with Holy, and loved disc for what its worth.
Also not sure of which talent builds to use :(

For my 71 Leveling rogue
Assassination the way to go w/ heirloom daggers?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Used my free 7 days last night to check things out, made a new Tauren Warrior, and I have to say the bug really did not catch me the way it has before when I came back. I poked around for a few hours, got to Level 7, felt like I was wasting time I could be using to play other games, and logged off to go finish God of War II.

I am sure all of the new content is amazing, but I think the magic of WoW (and maybe MMOs in general since this is not my first) has finally worn off. I will probably log in tonight to finish out the noob area since I feel it deserves one more shake, but my hopes are not high.

HildyB

Pulled trigger and my Dwarf Hunter is now a 80 Human Hunter... with a Fox pet who dances... epic fun. I have never been happier standing in new Stormwind not doing a damn thing other than /dance with my new pet

Rokam

Got to 36 on the gnome priest, time to call it quits for the day :lol. Playing a healer reminded me why I hate people. So many tanks pulling way too much, especially now that mobs hit harder or not waiting for mana after I ask numerous times. Sigh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rokam said:
Got to 36 on the gnome priest, time to call it quits for the day :lol. Playing a healer reminded me why I hate people. So many tanks pulling way too much, especially now that mobs hit harder or not waiting for mana after I ask numerous times. Sigh.

Wait... mobs in low lvl instances actually hurts tanks now? :lol

BRD kicked our asses last night. All of us mana users kept running out of mana. No wipes but it was definitely slow going. I think Blizzard made dungeons significantly harder.

Thank god for Evocation!

HildyB

Rokam said:

I loved this change. Boss fights take more than 30 seconds. And I like how they moved quests into the zones. So if you get a dungeon for the first time via Dungeon Finder, you can get some quests to kill the bosses for bonus xp and an item!

webrunner

The Lamonster said:
BRD kicked our asses last night. All of us mana users kept running out of mana. No wipes but it was definitely slow going. I think Blizzard made dungeons significantly harder.

Thank god for Evocation!

It'd be nice to get an actual list of the current modifications to low-level instances. I had heard they were going to modify Sunken Temple, BRD, Mara, and Uldaman but that was scheduled for 4.1

Rokam

The bosses take forever to kill, at least with my groups. And the trash really fuckin hurts. Especially all the mobs in SM. Tank didn't understand that he can't pull a bunch of shit, because I can't be dispelling and healing at the same time, all those mobs do is spam hammer. :lol However I did get in a group with a extremely well geared prot pally and he took no damage whatsoever, pulled the entire bat room in RFK. So I'm not sure what's up.

Infinity

New Orgrimmar is amazing. And I noticed that around the outskirts of the Undercity, colors are more vibrant. And it looks like Brill has been replaced, but I was too busy hunting wild turkeys to look up close.

HildyB

Rokam said:
The bosses take forever to kill, at least with my groups. And the trash really fuckin hurts. Especially all the mobs in SM. Tank didn't understand that he can't pull a bunch of shit, because I can't be dispelling and healing at the same time, all those mobs do is spam hammer. :lol However I did get in a group with a extremely well geared prot pally and he took no damage whatsoever, pulled the entire bat room in RFK. So I'm not sure what's up.

You're running into Tank envy. People used to seeing tanks pull like that, make a tank and think they can do it too. After the Shattering, they still think its the same. Let them die a couple times, they will learn or leave.

Flib

So this is off-topic re the shattering, but I have a level 62 prot pally (now an awesome Tauren), which I had burned out on and stopped leveling pre-4.0. Just got tired of the rotation/general feel. Since I race-changed last night, I hopped on him to run a dungeon or too.

And holy shit, good fucking job blizz. Tanking on him is a blast now, really love the new mechanics. Definitely going to rush him up to 80. I love that there are so many buttons to push now, it feels really fast and dynamic in comparison.

Also, did they retune the Outland dungeons as well, or are healers just scaling less at low levels? I died once or twice on pulls that I should not have died on (I'm an experienced tank, not pulling insanely or anything, and I'm full heirlooms with dungeon blues). One of the healers was a resto druid who just didn't seem to know what he was doing, but even on the good runs I seemed to be taking more damage overall.

jlai said:
Can anyone give me a couple small tips regarding the changes? This is what I gathered from quick research, would be great if someone could tell me if I was heading in the right direction.

For my 80 DK

For my 80 Priest

For my 71 Leveling rogue

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Checking the Elitist Jerks DK and Priest forums will be your best bet, I know they have FAQs with talent builds for both classes. Blood will be your tank spec and Unholy for 2H dps, though.

If I were leveling a rogue from 71 I would go assassination with daggers, but that's mostly because I don't like combat. If you have the heirloom daggers already just stick with a mutilate build.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So I'm exploring Zul'Gurub, and I gotta ask, what was the point of removing the raid? It just a totally useless empty area now, no mobs, quests, or NPCs. Are they planning on adding quests and stuff in a content patch? Is it just that all the quests are in a "phase" that I'm not in yet? (actually that would be kinda interesting)

Can anyone confirm if there is an update to download, if so what size is it, or will I be able to log on straight away tonight? Based in the UK. Cheers

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
Can anyone confirm if there is an update to download, if so what size is it, or will I be able to log on straight away tonight? Based in the UK. Cheers
If you were previously up to date (4.0.3), it should only be about ~100mb. And I could go ahead and play and let it download in the background.

Milpool

sykoex said:
So I'm exploring Zul'Gurub, and I gotta ask, what was the point of removing the raid? It just a totally useless empty area now, no mobs, quests, or NPCs. Are they planning on adding quests and stuff in a content patch? Is it just that all the quests are in a "phase" that I'm not in yet? (actually that would be kinda interesting)

I think it's phased, you can watch the questline in the Stranglethorn series of videos from Yogscast. I hope they stick the 60 raid in caverns of time or something at some point.

Flib

sykoex said:

It's phased, it's a large quest hub with some really cool quests.
You spend much of it directly controlling a baby raptor and doing quests as him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom