• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Milpool said:
I think it's phased, you can watch the questline in the Stranglethorn series of videos from Yogscast. I hope they stick the 60 raid in caverns of time or something at some point.
Nice, that's awesome to know they removed the raid for a cool reason.

I've never played WoW before and need frands. D:

Any casual players have a clan I can join on a good server? Probably gonna take forever to get into Area 52....

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Gave a Dwarf mage ago while I wait for Cataclysm, sadly the Dwarf area has been rather boring so far.

Pai Pai Master said:

Any casual players have a clan I can join on a good server? Probably gonna take forever to get into Area 52....
If you're Alliance go to Stormscale. I need friends too!

Pai Pai Master said:
Cool, I wanna play Dranei. I'll join up when I get off work.
Awesome, my char names are Lamonster and Astelynne. Prob won't get to play much tonight but I'll definitely be on a lot in the next 5 days :D

notworksafe

Pai Pai Master said:

Area 52 got unlocked some time last night. Or at least I beileve it did, because 3 more gaf peeps joined up around midnight.

Tried to run UK on my 72 pally in a healing spec. Holy crap, I don't understand Paladin healing! I'm pretty competent on my druid and my priest (disc or holy), but Paladin healing seems a bit crazy. Gonna go do some research, but does anyone have any tips for a "rotation"?

I was finding that I was ok during small pulls, but when the tank started taking a lot of damage I couldn't keep up, even with Holy Shock and Word of Glory in quick succession. Jeez!

Edit also: Anybody else notice significant mana changes while tanking on prot? Normally I never have trouble in instances, but yesterday I was really struggling to keep my mana up.

Alrighty. I won't be home from work until around 7pm EST and I'll be busy for a bit after that with GT5, but I'll probably make my character ASAP to avoid getting locked out again. I wanna play Dranei the most but I won't mind trying out both that and Orc or Tauren.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have game now, and will likely have it playable in an hour or so, how does I play game? I think I'll goto the Alliance though.

notworksafe

Pai Pai Master said:
Alrighty. I won't be home from work until around 7pm EST and I'll be busy for a bit after that with GT5, but I'll probably make my character ASAP to avoid getting locked out again. I wanna play Dranei the most but I won't mind trying out both that and Orc or Tauren.
Cool. There's no extra charge for characters like FFXI/V so feel free to make as many characters as you want. :)

Flib

SnakeswithLasers said:
Tried to run UK on my 72 pally in a healing spec. Holy crap, I don't understand Paladin healing! I'm pretty competent on my druid and my priest (disc or holy), but Paladin healing seems a bit crazy. Gonna go do some research, but does anyone have any tips for a "rotation"?

I was finding that I was ok during small pulls, but when the tank started taking a lot of damage I couldn't keep up, even with Holy Shock and Word of Glory in quick succession. Jeez!

Edit also: Anybody else notice significant mana changes while tanking on prot? Normally I never have trouble in instances, but yesterday I was really struggling to keep my mana up.

It seemed to depend on my rotation...if you go crazy, you can run out of mana pretty quickly. I think the instances in general are just a bit harder with these new mechanics (though I'm feeling ultra comfortable/happy with pally tanking right now).

Remember, you also have divine plea at earlier levels on a 2min cooldown.

Flib

Drkirby said:
Ok, I have game now, and will likely have it playable in an hour or so, how does I play game? I think I'll goto the Alliance though.

Have you played MMOs before?

edit: and horde is better :p

Drkirby said:
wowpedia is your friend.

Also if you're Alliance, choose the Stormscale server!

Flib

Start here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Class

Let us know if you have questions about roles etc., we're happy to help out new players. There are in-game tutorials as well, so you shouldn't feel lost. It's a really easy game to pick up and play (but hard to master).

notworksafe

The Lamonster said:
wowpedia is your friend.

Also if you're Alliance, choose the Stormscale server!
Do you mind if I add you to the other thread as someone to talk to if people want to make alliance? I've gotten PMs from people that don't want to be horde and I don't know what to tell them serverwise.

Drkirby said:
The game has a pretty decent tutorial now (I played as a new character last night for about 10 minutes and used all the tutorial stuff for fun).

Roll horde though, alliance is gimped with eternal lame.

What class you picking?

notworksafe said:
Do you mind if I add you to the other thread as someone to talk to if people want to make alliance? I've gotten PMs from people that don't want to be horde and I don't know what to tell them serverwise.
Go ahead, that'd be awesome. I definitely need some GAF friends on my server :)

People can send me PMs here or mail my characters, Lamonster or Astelynne.

HildyB

SnakeswithLasers said:

I love Holy Paladin. I pretty much just spam holy shock and store the Word of Glory for the 4th heal or a quick heal on a caster whos almost dead, make sure you are using Beacon on melee DPS that seems to take dmg most. Flash of light is your friend and the cool downs are pretty quick, don't save them for bosses use them often. And if you don't have it, Healbot addon is great, customize your mouse clicks for the spells you want (I use mouse wheel for Holy Shock, left for slow heal, right for flash of light). As well as the addon grid lets you keep the MT targeted while healing others. So that Word of Glory can always be ready for him if you are casting on another character.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I could make a new character on Area 52 while it was locked. I was testing, forgot to mention, but figured people would figure it out.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
FUUUU. So many people in trade and general "Where do i train Azeroth flying?".
Blizz should put this in big letters somewhere.

Manus

Has it always been a rule before you can do any heroic dungeon you had to have a certain average item level? I knew it was true on 4 of them, but not all of them.

Hixx

SquirrelNuckle said:
Has it always been a rule before you can do any heroic dungeon you had to have a certain average item level? I knew it was true on 4 of them, but not all of them.

You still need a good selection of ilvl 187 to do even the easy wotlk heroics from the dungeon finder. Ever since LFD was brought in as well.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i have 7 free days game time blizz sent me a few weeks back. if i use that, will that block me from using a scroll of resurrection?

the scroll res page in account management says:
You can only invite someone who was once a paid subscriber and last played the game more than 90 days ago.

and the scroll res FAQ says:
90 days must have passed on all paid subscription and played time in the game

does this mean i'm screwed and can't get a total of 17 days free game time?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Entropia said:
Yeah dude, trash and bosses even take time to kill.

I for one, approve of the changes.

I remember fighting the 1st boss of Ramparts last week on my new DK. He didnt even last 10 seconds. I'm glad it gotten better.

And please people... Alliance isnt worst than Horde. I have 3 80s on Horde, 3 on Alliance, and there is no difference in players at all. It's only really a matter if you prefer to play with savages(ignoring the fabulous elves) or a more "civilized" faction.

Flib

Bisnic said:
I remember fighting the 1st boss of Ramparts last week on my new DK. He didnt even last 10 seconds. I'm glad it gotten better.

I don't think they upped mob health in outland dungeons, but the mobs seem to be hitting harder.

Nester

Scrow said:
i have 7 free days game time blizz sent me a few weeks back. if i use that, will that block me from using a scroll of resurrection?

the scroll res page in account management says:

and the scroll res FAQ says:

does this mean i'm screwed and can't get a total of 17 days free game time?

Pretty sure you won't be able to add a scroll onto an account that has used the 7 days free trial recently.

If you need a scroll I'd be happy to throw you one!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
People are going crazy about portals.

No one apparently has cared about flight path and running through all the 1-60 zones this whole time. Unlike old world, Shatt and Dal are in the center of their brackets. When you hit Dec 7th, 80's have have portals to every new zone.

Rather than arguing to solve the rare inconvience for 60-79's wanting to go back to Org for a bit... how about portals to every 1-60 zone since 80's get portals to all their new zones?

This is a sarcastic request.

HildyB said:
I love Holy Paladin. I pretty much just spam holy shock and store the Word of Glory for the 4th heal or a quick heal on a caster whos almost dead, make sure you are using Beacon on melee DPS that seems to take dmg most. Flash of light is your friend and the cool downs are pretty quick, don't save them for bosses use them often. And if you don't have it, Healbot addon is great, customize your mouse clicks for the spells you want (I use mouse wheel for Holy Shock, left for slow heal, right for flash of light). As well as the addon grid lets you keep the MT targeted while healing others. So that Word of Glory can always be ready for him if you are casting on another character.
I put beacon on the tank to build up holy power with my normal heals. Not a good idea?

Dina

Blargh, you now need to visit Darnassus and Echo Isles by the boat through Stormwind. I thought this would be a good time to finish Azeroth exploring, but I guess not.

DeathNote said:
People are going crazy about portals.

No one apparently has cared about flight path and running through all the 1-60 zones this whole time. Unlike old world, Shatt and Dal are in the center of their brackets. When you hit Dec 7th, 80's have have portals to every new zone.

Rather than arguing to solve the rare inconvience for 60-79's wanting to go back to Org for a bit... how about portals to every 1-60 zone since 80's get portals to all their new zones?

This is a sarcastic request.
Man, mages were making a fucking MINT last night sitting in Dalaran offering portals.

Also, where *DO* you train old world flying? I went to the flight trainer in Org and didn't see it there.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dina said:
Blargh, you now need to visit Darnassus and Echo Isles by the boat through Stormwind. I thought this would be a good time to finish Azeroth exploring, but I guess not.
On a forum someone says to swim or fly. They ight be dumb. Not sure if there is fatigue.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
SpeedRazor said:
Pretty sure you won't be able to add a scroll onto an account that has used the 7 days free trial recently.

If you need a scroll I'd be happy to throw you one!
no thanks, i'm giving a RL friend that free month :p

SnakeswithLasers said:
Also, where *DO* you train old world flying? I went to the flight trainer in Org and didn't see it there.
notsureifserious

Flib

SnakeswithLasers said:

Also, are you remembering to judge? Having judgements up gives passive mana regen.

idlewild_

SnakeswithLasers said:
Man, mages were making a fucking MINT last night sitting in Dalaran offering portals.

from a flight trainer, not available until cata

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, have the game up, and have about, oh, 3 solid hours to play. Anyone on for me talk with/play/do stuffs with?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Drkirby said:
Ok, have the game up, and have about, oh, 3 solid hours to play. Anyone on for me talk with/play/do stuffs with?
Get a Horde to Level 20 and do the Welcome to the Machine quest in Hillsbrad :lol

Flib

SnakeswithLasers said:
Not that much of a noob--judge is always up.

Not being accusatory! There is just a ton of QQing among pally tanks right now, and it seems to me that much of it is because they're playing strangely.

webrunner

Angry Grimace said:
Get a Horde to Level 20 and do the Welcome to the Machine quest in Hillsbrad :lol

Isn't Peacebloom vs Ghouls also in Hillsbrad?

If The Day That Deathwing Came was in hillsbrad instead of Badlands it'd be shoein for Best Zone Ever (tm)

Flib said:
Not being accusatory! There is just a ton of QQing among pally tanks right now, and it seems to me that much of it is because they're playing strangely.
Haha, no, I'm not QQing. I tend to be pretty reasonable about that game in that way. Just wondering if anyone else noticed a difference in mana after the patch. I am feeling more constrained...

Hmm ... If your judgment misses, do you still get the mana regen? I've been tanking higher instances (more xp and I'm able to keep myself up pretty well with WoG, so I don't feel bad for the healers) and maybe my miss rate is affecting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom