• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Have you guys got your Faded Wizard Hat yet?

I don't know if there's an alliance equivalent.

This is pretty damn cool, so far I've gotten a Goblin Mage in Arena gear, a random robed goblin and a blood elf.
Persists through combat, last 30 min with a 30 min cooldown.

Works even if you take the hat off, what a shame I'm a druid and alliance on live.

On the PTR I saw some goblins and an Undead in SFK robes I bleive.

There are many prerequisite quests before you can get the hat.

1.Azshara Blues
2.Friends Come In All Colors

Helping Ergll
3.A Little Pick-me-up
4.Absorbent
---5.Full of Hot Water
6.That's Just Rude!

Finding Archmage Xylem
7.The Way to a Mage's Heart
8.Wash Out
9.Dressed to Impress

Helping Xylem and his Apprentices
10.Shear Will
11.Waste of Thyme
12. Renewable Resource

13.Manual Labor
14.Trouble Under Foot

Getting to Xylem's Trials
15.The Pinnacle of Learning
16.Watch Your Setp

Xylem's Trials
17.The Trial of Fire
---Achievement Glutton for Fiery Punishment
18.The Trial of Frost
---Achievement Glutton for Icy Punishment
19.The Trial of Shadow
---Achievement Glutton for Shadowy Punishment

Finding Azuregos
20.Xylem's Asylum
21.Wasn't It Obvious?
22.Easy is Boring
23.Turning the Tables

The Epic Battle
24.Fade to Black

The Bitter Reaches Goblins
25.Pro-liberation
26.Ice Cold

Finally Azuregos gives the quest
27.Farewell, Minnow

Tacitus_

Just hanging out in new Org

fl9qf.jpg

Loxley

For those who haven't done it yet, Kharanos (the Dwarf/Gnome 1-10 zone) is another vastly improved zone. It's ironic, the quests are a lot more linear (meaning they lead you directly from one area of the zone to the next) but the story comes across at a much better pace. They make it very clear that Kharanos is all about the Dwarves/Gnomes vs. Troggs. It's awesome.

Loch Modan is next....

On a side note, it's cool to see so many new people jumping into WoW :) Hope all of you are enjoying it.

AFKevin

Neo Member
Has anyone gotten the new City Tabards from quartermasters to actually... you know... give you rep in dungeons? I bought almost all the alliance ones, used the SW one in a dungeon earlier and got no rep. Same thing happened with another guy in my group.

Edit: And nevermind, just this blue post:

City Tabards do not give reputations
This is a bug we will be hotfixing in the very near future. The city tabards should currently work in old Azeroth dungeons (as well as Cataclysm 80-85 dungeons when the expansion is released). The hotfix will make it so these tabards work for Heroic and normal Northrend dungeons, however, there are no plans as of yet to apply this change to Outland dungeons.

Tacitus_

It's a secret!

You can go to BRD and do the 7 dwarfs boss an unlimited amount of times since you can reset the fight before killing the final dwarf, thus netting you 6 x 60 rep per fight. You reset the fight by hiding behind the tomb of the 6th dwarf after killing him, the final dwarf won't aggro if you're max level.

Just don't advertise it too much.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
It's a secret!

You can go to BRD and do the 7 dwarfs boss an unlimited amount of times since you can reset the fight before killing the final dwarf, thus netting you 6 x 60 rep per fight. You reset the fight by hiding behind the tomb of the 6th dwarf after killing him, the final dwarf won't aggro if you're max level.

Just don't advertise it too much.
why to BRD dwarfs grant goblin rep?

how long would it take? from 0 rep to exalted?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rapstah said:
With the faction tabard, everything in instances grants rep.
i couldn't find the org tabard for the life of me. i searched every inch of the place just to familiarize myself.

where is the goblin's and other horde?

Sciz

AFKevin said:
Has anyone gotten the new City Tabards from quartermasters to actually... you know... give you rep in dungeons? I bought almost all the alliance ones, used the SW one in a dungeon earlier and got no rep. Same thing happened with another guy in my group.
The Gilneas one worked for me in Stocks last night, but nowhere else that I tried.

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to go visit some dwarfs.

Evlar

Banned
Loxley said:
For those who haven't done it yet, Kharanos (the Dwarf/Gnome 1-10 zone) is another vastly improved zone. It's ironic, the quests are a lot more linear (meaning they lead you directly from one area of the zone to the next) but the story comes across at a much better pace. They make it very clear that Kharanos is all about the Dwarves/Gnomes vs. Troggs. It's awesome.

Loch Modan is next....

On a side note, it's cool to see so many new people jumping into WoW :) Hope all of you are enjoying it.
The Frostmane Front questline was a lot of fun.

Dun Morogh also features this prophetic quest: It's Raid Night Every Night. I'm reserving a permanent bank slot for my new Boots of the Weary Raider.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Drkirby said:
Yay, game is crashing. Now to try and figure out why.

Are you letting the patching finish before launching the game?

Yesterday, i tried launching the game before it was completed(was still at Step 2), and the game kept crashing. So i waited until it was done. And no more crash.

Tacitus_

In the Valley of the Spirits, behind the oil spill.

Oh and the grind takes 2,5-3 hours. Take the +10% rep from the bountiful tables at least for the first hour.

So I've resubbed and switched over to a Blood Elf paladin that I last left at lvl 8. Last night I ran around doing the Pilgrim's Day quests, cooked up to 300, and had a great time doing it.

I'd really like to see the new quest lines. Where should I head? I read that Silverpine is brand new, is it still geared for lvl 10 - 20 quest lines?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
In the Valley of the Spirits, behind the oil spill.

Oh and the grind takes 2,5-3 hours. Take the +10% rep from the bountiful tables at least for the first hour.
what?

edit: never mind. i read it as bilgewater tabard instead of bountiful table

Man, I'm so conflicted about my paladin. I really hate being a blood elf, but Taurens males animate obnoxiously bad and the females don't look too snazzy in the armor. Maybe I just need to read more lore and I'll get a soft spot for my blood elf.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like my School's network does not like the WoW Update server, is there an alternitive way to download the newer patches at the moment?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
how do you even get to the 7 dwarfs.

between the yellow and green boss there's a cracked door i cant fit through

at the pink boss, i couldn't cross the half circle

Flib

It's really hard to describe, but in another room near there (I believe you can see it from the windows near the crack) is a large mechanism which you need to use to open the way. It used to require the shadowforge key, but I assume it doesn't anymore.

Edit: Oh, didn't see the new maps. Should be in the east garrison off of the ring of law.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The girl wanted me to resub now that she's finished with her exams. Ugh. I spend a few hours taking the new Paladin to level 15, jump on my Druid and decide to check out the new Sunken Temple. I've been farming that piece of shit Avatar of Hakkar for months, all for the coolest damn robe in the game. The quest giver at the start of the instance hands me the egg to summon him, which I don't need cause I have the scroll from Tanaris, but I takes it anyway and a quick dash to Hakkar.

I'm expecting another bullshit 5-7mins "summoning" where you put the fires out and wait for the 4 spawns so you can extinguish them (was getting 5 runs of the instance down to 40mins). Kill the two serpents and begin the summon with the egg, and you fight Hakkar instantly. Was very happy. Was even happier when the friggin robe WITH A DROPRATE LESS THAN THE DAMN DEATHCHARGER finally drops. Must've been nearing 500 kills on that son of a bitch.

Flib

DeathNote said:
out both windows is a lower level with a fie boss i beleive

It's not in the outdoor area, it's in the garrison room below, which you can see through the window.

This is annoying to describe as I know this dungeon like the back of my hand, but it's so long that it's hard to give specific directions without actually being in the instance.

Acidote

Hm, I made a Troll druid this morning to see the new starting zone. Now I have a level 22 druid >.<

Ashenvale rocks. Can't wait to jump to Stonetalon :lol

Rapstah

The "ride a rocket to Badlands from Eastern Plaguelands" quest is so broken I can't believe it. You pass through the Twilight Highlands on the rocket, and the game promptly kicks you out of the zone to Wetlands.

notworksafe

speedpop said:
I'm expecting another bullshit 5-7mins "summoning" where you put the fires out and wait for the 4 spawns so you can extinguish them (was getting 5 runs of the instance down to 40mins). Kill the two serpents and begin the summon with the egg, and you fight Hakkar instantly.
What?! Goddamnit Blizzard. Way to ruin my favorite instance. :\ First you drop the troll minibosses, now this. I bet Atal'alarion doesn't even require you to activate the statues anymore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dammit people, stop saying this or that zone is awesome. I don't know what to check first when i'll get back from work x_x.

Curse
Bless
you Deathwing!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so I bought the 5euro classic digital wow from blizzard store and it says transaction " status : queued "

how long until it goes through? I mean it's just a digital copy it should be instant :I

Garryk

So did they stealth nerf Guarded by the Light? The tooltip no longer mentions the ward from overhealing, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't think it was in the patch notes.

Garryk

Niblet said:
So which PVP servers have the most GAF presence (horde side)? I want to experience both sides of WoW.
When the game first started GAF was mostly rolling on Mal'Ganis, but I don't know if any of those guys are still playing.

Rapstah

There is an AMAZING quest chain in Searing Gorge with an ogre showing you non-violent ways to beat grind quests. :lol

EDIT:
spiderriderhr15.png

Garryk said:
So did they stealth nerf Guarded by the Light? The tooltip no longer mentions the ward from overhealing, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't think it was in the patch notes.
When I looked in game yesterday I'm almost positive that the tooltip still had the overheal ward. I didn't bother checking whether I was still receiving the buff though...

Hixx

Garryk said:

Still has it, 2/2 points.

Few things I noticed lately, first loading screen art for northrend is awesome.
2nd, I'm having really really slow loading times all of a sudden. Takes 20-30 seconds, never had that, always like 5-10 top. It goes to end fast and just stands there.
I don't have clogged pc, not many things installed and more then half of HDD is free. It's really annoying hmm, any tips?
Also been getting inspect error, turned off show lua errors so that one is gone.
And last but not least, when I put poisons on my weapons buffs mover over mini map.
Last 2 seem to be general issues with many people having them but slow loading time is killing me...

Also another one, every time I launch game launcher gets on and stands at Applying non critical updates for few minutes. This happened before but only when I had show launcher, now it loads itself every time....

wth :(

Edit: And I don't have that much addons so it's not that.

Nolimit_SS said:
Also another one, every time I launch game launcher gets on and stands at Applying non critical updates for few minutes. This happened before but only when I had show launcher, now it loads itself every time....

This was happening to me on my W7 x64 system and wouldn't away until I pretty much let it sit overnight and do its thing. The game seems to play fine with the message so I wouldn't worry about it; just leave the launcher up for a while when you get some spare time and see if it eventually goes away.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So i'm at Eastvale logging camp and holy fuck.

James Clark is finally useful! Wanted and a quest chain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom