• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
brd was hotfixed for the goblin rep. the 6 dwarfs don't give anything, just the last boss.

there has to be another instance with adds u can reset

Weenerz

Banned
DeathNote said:
brd was hotfixed for the goblin rep. the 6 dwarfs don't give anything, just the last boss.

there has to be another instance with adds u can reset

Do a few SM Cath runs, lots of mobs. 5 clears an hour.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So who's up for making a new character on a new server, experience everything from scratch and lose ourselves in the pixelated world of WoW?

<3

will offer naughty services in /w

I've been scouring the beaches of Darkshore to find Gwennyth Bly'Leggonde who supposedly is dead, but can't find her. There's still a quest that refers to her position in Auberdine but she's not on the gryph platform, obviously.

Sent in a GM report, hopefully they'll restore her to somewhere. I'm already mourning Thundris, one of the first characters that I took pictures off way back.

I've been thinking about rolling a guy to play on Area 52, and I don't even care about heirloom armor or weapons. What I DO care about is that Tome of Cold Weather Flying. Fuck leveling in Northrend without it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm levelling my mage (just hit 10), what's a good spec? I hear frost is the best to go into?

Tacitus_

Hah, lucky I got done with BRD early :lol

If you're gonna do SM, you should propably do all the wings before resetting since at least before 4.0 they counted as one instance for the max instances per hour lock.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shiiiiiiit! 15 more minutes and I'd get exalted with them......

There was this bugged quest in the Dwarven starting quest line, [Grimaxe's Demise], where Grimaxe didn't spawn. Spent 30 minutes waiting with other people for him to spawn, but nothing. So I made a ticket. After coming back ~2 hours later, he suddenly spawned 3 times in a row. I was like 'yay!' and I disabled my ticket. 5 minutes later I get a chat request from a GM. He tells me they fixed the quest. I said that he indeed spawned. After that he said "oh, it's bugged again'. And I was like, good luck!

First time ever I chatted with a GM. Hmm, I should've screenshotted it...

Dina

Weenerz said:
Do a few SM Cath runs, lots of mobs. 5 clears an hour.

About 300 rep per full run. Not even comparable.

Think we're stuck waiting till Blizz patches Northrend instance rep with Bilgewater.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
notworksafe said:
Have you done any quests? I got past honored just from quests in Tanaris, 1k Needles, and Azshara.
Whole Northern Barrens only gave me 240 :/

mizuk_i

keeblerdrow said:
I've been thinking about rolling a guy to play on Area 52, and I don't even care about heirloom armor or weapons. What I DO care about is that Tome of Cold Weather Flying. Fuck leveling in Northrend without it.

You can train Cold Weather Flying at 68 now.

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Whole Northern Barrens only gave me 240 :/
Go to Gadgetzan and Azshara.

Bilgewater Harbor chains gave me multiple thousands. You may have to do some prequests though. It starts right outside the Org gate into Azshara. You won't get rep for the first 5-10ish quests but then it will kick in after that

C.Dark.DN

Banned
northrend heroics doest seem bad with a rep farm group. 15 per elite trash, 300 per boss. along with JP and gold.

the last boss of culling of strath didn't give me rep tho, so i wonder if that's hotfixed now

Alex

I'll never understand some of these people, bitching about portals. With everything that was changed, altered, added yesterday, one of the, if not the biggest revamps in medium history, this is what they choose to whine about. In a game with on-demand flight with 4x speed and umpteen, highly accessibly quirks and spells to get around things.

I'm all for removing time sinks, I'm all for accessibility and polish and the gutting of the old school stigma from MMOs, but I'm glad they're gone. The world feels more whole again and I can bind and congregate where I wish.

Dina

DeathNote said:
northrend heroics doest seem bad with a rep farm group. 15 per elite trash, 300 per boss. along with JP and gold.

the last boss of culling of strath didn't give me rep tho, so i wonder if that's hotfixed now

Northrend HCs give Bilgewater rep now?

Milpool

Did they mess with Burrow Attack for worm pets? I used to be able to gather the entire room before Baron, cast burrow attack and a few multi-shots everything was dead. Now as soon as I cast burrow attack my pet instantly loses aggro.

Chemo

Cindres said:
I'm levelling my mage (just hit 10), what's a good spec? I hear frost is the best to go into?
Depends on what you're doing, I guess. Frost is the go-to spec for PVP, and I use Arcane for PVE. Honestly I use Arcane for everything now. And I used to be all Frost, all the time.

Arcane is just the most fun right now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Chemo said:
Depends on what you're doing, I guess. Frost is the go-to spec for PVP, and I use Arcane for PVE. Honestly I use Arcane for everything now. And I used to be all Frost, all the time.

Arcane is just the most fun right now.

Isn't Arcane mostly about spamming Arcane Blast now? While Frost have a pet, and procs for instant Frostfire/Fireball with almost guaranteed crits for these spells & Ice Lance + Deep Freeze.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So now the patch has hit I've finally started my main, a blood elf warrior at lvl14. Eversong was plain sailing but the Ghostlands are a ton of fun so far, I think I rose up three levels in about an hour and a half there just doing the opening quest chains.

Ripclawe said:
*Looks over at Alliance mounts*

OH WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!! This is some bullshit.. Damn horde getting cooler stuff.
Go Horde or go home!

scoobs

I'm just pissed off that they changed rocket boots into a belt equip. Now i get to buy the mats all over again for my belt! Yay! 200g!

Chemo

Bisnic said:
Isn't Arcane mostly about spamming Arcane Blast now? While Frost have a pet, and procs for instant Frostfire/Fireball with almost guaranteed crits for these spells & Ice Lance + Deep Freeze.
I find Slow to be insanely useful in all kinds of situations, and as such I spend most of my time playing as Arcane. Either way, from what I've seen, Arcane does the best single-target damage of all the specs, so it is definitely the PVE winner for me.

Regardless, Frost is a great spec too (it's my dual specialization), but if the person who asked the question is doing PVE and wants to put up numbers, Arcane is definitely what I'd suggest. Frost for PVP.

Never been a fan of Fire.

Tamanon

Banned
Arcane is outstanding for leveling now, if only because of how quickly you can mow through mobs. Plus, nether Vortex makes soloing much easier with an automatic slow on the first arcane blast.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
keeblerdrow said:
"You have the maximum number of characters allowed for this account."

fffffffuck.

greatscottav.jpg

B-Dex

So my main is Troll Shaman (love me some troll and their totems look the best) and my roommate rolled a troll druid. So I rolled a troll warlock!

Anyways, I need a char to play when he isn't around since we're gonna lvl our new trolls together. I was thinking of a Tauren Priest since I wanna mainly try out the new combinations.

Any other suggestions?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Thnikkaman said:
So now the patch has hit I've finally started my main, a blood elf warrior at lvl14. Eversong was plain sailing but the Ghostlands are a ton of fun so far, I think I rose up three levels in about an hour and a half there just doing the opening quest chains.

Go Horde or go home!
Ghostlands is a zone they haven't changed since 2007

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
You're not allowed to roll a Blood Elf then act like you're some Horde diehard.
How else can you roll a blonde bimbo

letsbereasonable said:
This was happening to me on my W7 x64 system and wouldn't away until I pretty much let it sit overnight and do its thing. The game seems to play fine with the message so I wouldn't worry about it; just leave the launcher up for a while when you get some spare time and see if it eventually goes away.
It does go away, after few minutes each time, but it comes back every time :s

Question,

Some person started following me around. I was a level 8, 'she' was a 42 and basically helped me for like 15 minutes. Asked me if I want some gold which I refused. She kept pushing me to accept it amongst some other items. I was polite and thanked her for her assistance but politely rejected the offers of gold. She got all butt-hurt and eventually left. Is this common? The reason I rejected it was because I have heard stories of people accepting gold only to find their account banned because it was from gold farmers or whatever they're called. Am I just being paranoid?

Entropia

No One Remembers
LovingSteam said:
Question,

Some person started following me around. I was a level 8, 'she' was a 42 and basically helped me for like 15 minutes. Asked me if I want some gold which I refused. She kept pushing me to accept it amongst some other items. I was polite and thanked her for her assistance but politely rejected the offers of gold. She got all butt-hurt and eventually left. Is this common? The reason I rejected it was because I have heard stories of people accepting gold only to find their account banned because it was from gold farmers or whatever they're called. Am I just being paranoid?

Yes. Some people are generous.

Atomski

LovingSteam said:
Question,

Sounds strange but if its not a lot of gold I can not imagine why you would get banned. Also did you talk to them? Most cases it is extremely easy to tell a china farmer from a normal player.

Atomski said:
Sounds strange but if its not a lot of gold I can not imagine why you would get banned. Also did you talk to them? Most cases it is extremely easy to tell a china farmer from a normal player.

I spoke to them but not sure what can be gathered by the conversation. Almost seemed like a child who was trying to buy companionship. When I turned the gold down, 'she' got very defensive.

Weenerz

Banned
Ripclawe said:
*Looks over at Alliance mounts*

OH WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!! This is some bullshit.. Damn horde getting cooler stuff.

The level 25 guild mount is far superior for Horde too. Who wants a lion when you have A BIG FUCKING SCORPION!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Angry Grimace said:
Ghostlands is a zone they haven't changed since 2007
Well yeah, but I haven't played the game since BC came out. Never walked in and followed the chains but it's been smooth enough.

Alex said:
You're not allowed to roll a Blood Elf then act like you're some Horde diehard.
And I never thought someone here would have taken some throwaway joke so badly.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Alex said:
qqqvsx.png

Westfall, why are you so amazing.

:lol
Just doing Westfall now, up to level 13. Done the first small set of quests at Sentinel hill.
Very interested to see how this whole thing pans out, also very interesting to see Westfall with no Defias.
Loving that they've carried on the story post wrath, with characters "returning" from grizzly hills. Even though, if i get this character that far, i'll see them again when i get back to northrend ¬_¬

Need to level this character as far as possible before cata or i'll end up forgetting about him and it'll be ages before i see the rest of the new old world.

Also one last point here, fucking loving seeing all these old world areas alive again, having not started my main until BC had launched it's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom