• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... am i the only one who has high res textures loading like 5-10 secs too late when first loading a character? I swear for the first 5 secs after selecting a character, everything is super low res before getting back to high. Been like that since 4.0.1 =/

Also... ALL MY HEIRLOOMS LOST THEIR ENCHANTS!

Tamanon

Banned
Milpool said:
Did they mess with Burrow Attack for worm pets? I used to be able to gather the entire room before Baron, cast burrow attack and a few multi-shots everything was dead. Now as soon as I cast burrow attack my pet instantly loses aggro.

Yes Burrow is an aggro drop now so you can't just use it to AOE tank without needing to heal the pet.

hayguyz

Banned
Can you log in on two accounts that share the same b.net ID at the same time? I am wondering if I need a different b.net ID for a RAF account.

ch0mp

hayguyz said:
Can you log in on two accounts that share the same b.net ID at the same time? I am wondering if I need a different b.net ID for a RAF account.

I'm doing it right now because I can't find a damn orc rogue. (Using a free trial that is)

scoobs

Weenerz said:
The level 25 guild mount is far superior for Horde too. Who wants a lion when you have A BIG FUCKING SCORPION!
I think you're wrong here, that lion mount is pimp as hell. Comes with your guild tabard on it and everything + armor. Way way cooler than the scorpion mount.

Weenerz

Banned
hayguyz said:

Yes, you can. Just make sure you uncheck the option to auto-choose an account. Then it will prompt you to choose an account and you just choose the other account.

scoobs said:
I think you're wrong here, that lion mount is pimp as hell. Comes with your guild tabard on it and everything + armor. Way way cooler than the scorpion mount.

No way! The scorpion has a poisonous tip at the end of it's tail! And it's huge.

Alex

Scorpion is too goofy for me, I like the lion, although adding in such a fancy ground mount seems like a bit of a wash considering all you can use it for really is BGs. Maybe thats the point though.

hayguyz

Banned
Another question. I don't plan on doing much raiding since I have a new baby. I'm mainly interested in soloing old raids. Which classes excel at this the most? I'm assuming death knight, paladin, druid and hunter.

Does anyone have experience with any of these? I'm thinking that the death knight's ability really fell off with the changes to death strike and runes.

notworksafe

Yep. DK, Paladin, Hunter is the way to go.

DK in Blood Spec is very good. Lots of self-heals and good damage. Prot Paladin is also pretty good. Doesn't take much damage, and has a mana-free self heal but doesn't put out as much damage as the other two. Hunter in 2pc T5 (iirc) and a Turtle pet is good enough to do plenty as well. Don't take much damage and put plenty out. However if your pet dies, you're kinda screwed.

Out of all of those three, I'd choose Paladin...but just because I think DK is kinda boring. There's less leveling to be done with DK but with the new world changes you'll want to level up through it imo.

zlatko

Banned
I was wondering since I no longer have the original WoW disc I bought a long time ago, does Blizzard allow you to download it somewhere off their site? I was having troubles finding it.

I plan to buy the digital versions tomorrow of the 2 expansions, and thought maybe I should start tonight while I sleep on downloading them through Blizzard. Otherwise what are my options ?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
zlatko said:
I was wondering since I no longer have the original WoW disc I bought a long time ago, does Blizzard allow you to download it somewhere off their site? I was having troubles finding it.

I plan to buy the digital versions tomorrow of the 2 expansions, and thought maybe I should start tonight while I sleep on downloading them through Blizzard. Otherwise what are my options ?
If you go to your battle net account it gives you the option to "download client."

notworksafe

zlatko said:
If you go to your Battle.net account there should be an option to download it.

After logging in, click on the WoW Box, Manage Game, at the top bar under "Games and Codes" menu, click "Download Game Clients". The download the full game client.

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
If you go to your Battle.net account there should be an option to download it.

After logging in, click on the WoW Box, Manage Game, at the top bar under "Games and Codes" menu, click "Download Game Clients". The download the full game client.

Awesome. :D Glad to see you are in this thread. Any chance you know what the official Gaf server to play on is? I asked a few pages back but no replies.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
zlatko said:

You can download a new streaming patcher from Battle.net, at least that's where I got mine. An account merge may be needed that way though.

Ed: notworksafe's ninja revenge :(

Flib

zlatko said:
Awesome. :D Glad to see you are in this thread. Any chance you know what the official Gaf server to play on is? I asked a few pages back but no replies.
Haha, I'm sure notworksafe is glad you asked re guild.

Actually, as a guild officer, I'm interested in how you're dealing with the influx (in defense of the genre guys)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flib said:

Actually, as a guild officer, I'm interested in how you're dealing with the influx (in defense of the genre guys)
It's not that big of a guild. We're not talking Goon Squad numbers.

notworksafe

zlatko said:
If you want to be Horde, it's Area 52 and my guild. Just send me a tell in game. My character name is Aurayouready.

If you want to be Aliiance, PM The Lamonster and make a character on Stormscale.

Flib said:

Muahahaha! Indeed! We're pretty small like Grimace said (200 members only), so we're not having much issue. Everyone seems to be getting along quite well, I'd say. :D

J-Rzez

Weenerz said:
The level 25 guild mount is far superior for Horde too. Who wants a lion when you have A BIG FUCKING SCORPION!

Pretty much. The scorpion is superior to the fluffy kitty the alliance have, but the lion is fitting for them. The lion should be pink too though, with yellow dots on it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nothing greater than imagining you can rip Alliance apart with your scorpion's claws whilst stabbing them in the forehead with a gigantic stinger the size of Garrosh's fist. What can you do with that lion? Throw a ball of wool at it?

Flib

Yeah, it's always just weird having large influxes of random people. Though I guess had is a relatively good behavior filter.

I'd throw people invites, but my raidcrew is tight-knit and would tear people apart. I love them, but they can be dicks.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The real thing is seeing who sticks around and who doesn't. There are literally hundreds of Troll Druids and Tauren Paladins running around on my RP server, but that number will thin drastically. The Tauren-exclusive guild my Druid is in has only two Paladins atm, and they both race-changed because it was their main. Everyone seems to have rolled a Paladin alt, but I'd be surprised if any of them get past level 50.

It's like seeing the small number of Troll Warlocks and knowing that they'll hit cap eventually. You can just tell when something isn't "flavour of the year."

speedpop said:
The real thing is seeing who sticks around and who doesn't. There are literally hundreds of Troll Druids and Tauren Paladins running around on my RP server, but that number will thin drastically. The Tauren-exclusive guild my Druid is in has only two Paladins atm, and they both race-changed because it was their main. Everyone seems to have rolled a Paladin alt, but I'd be surprised if any of them get past level 50.

It's like seeing the small number of Troll Warlocks and knowing that they'll hit cap eventually. You can just tell when something isn't "flavour of the year."

I didn't realize so many people wanted to be troll druids to be honest. I have yet to see a tauren paladin then again I haven't been to TB either. Seen a few UD hunters. Made one myself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wow... i love these crazy quests in Badlands.

1) I punched Deathwing in the face as a dwarf
2) I control a gnome as big as a mountain and i grabbed Deathwing from the sun and threw him to Kalimdor
3) I had to choose between a bunch of babes(including a male blood elf) to ride with my motorcycle as a orc while avoiding falling rocks. And in the end, my motorcycle could fly to reach Deathwing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
DeathNote said:
any word on cross server heirlooms?

in feb they said they wanted to do it "soon"

They're still working on it as far as I know. Which sucks, I didn't wanna level my Troll Warlock on my 'home' server.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
zero margin said:
I didn't realize so many people wanted to be troll druids to be honest. I have yet to see a tauren paladin then again I haven't been to TB either. Seen a few UD hunters. Made one myself.

I'm surprised there aren't more tauren pallys. While using the lfd tool leveling my Tauren pally I have yet to see another tauren pally, and yet have seen at least one (and often two) troll druids in my groups.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
MattPeters said:
Ive run 3 instances, and all 3 tanks where tauren pallies. :lol

Im mostly surprised with just how many troll druids there are though. I can understand tauren pallies being quite popular because frankly belves suck. But trolls have never been a super popular race.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zerokku said:
Im mostly surprised with just how many troll druids there are though. I can understand tauren pallies being quite popular because frankly belves suck. But trolls have never been a super popular race.
It's the second druid race a horde can be since release. Of course it's going to be popular. Tons of people dislike taurens in general.

On the pally side, tons of people dislike or are sick of BE. The only other pally.

Tamanon

Banned
Zerokku said:

Have you seen their flight form? That almost got me to switch factions!

Lolligag

If anyone wants to try out a male Worgen now, they can.

A certain worgen in Duskwood gives a debuff called "Worgen Taint" that transforms you into the new male worgen model for a minute. The specific one is called Nightbane Tainted One. It's an instant cast curse. They're in the cave if you head straight south from Darkshire, same place they were before the shattering.

Sai-kun

Banned
Bisnic said:
Wow... i love these crazy quests in Badlands.

1) I punched Deathwing in the face as a dwarf
2) I control a gnome as big as a mountain and i grabbed Deathwing from the sun and threw him to Kalimdor
3) I had to choose between a bunch of babes(including a male blood elf) to ride with my motorcycle as a orc while avoiding falling rocks. And in the end, my motorcycle could fly to reach Deathwing.

What? I thought this quest wasn't in until Cata was out?

zlatko

Banned
Posted in the other thread about the sale Blizzard is running, but figured I would post here to see:

Blizzard Store doesn't accept PayPal for buying goods only credit cards. Would anyone on Gaf be willing to let me PayPal them 15 dollars, and they purchase Burning Crusade and Lich King expansion codes, then send them to me ?

Alex

Man, Darkshore got fucked. They literally remade most of that zone period, it's using the new styled geometry and such, and the tornado looks great, and the ruins of auberdine. Prob the most visually impressive zone Iv'e seen so far in the remade ones.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hey guys, so what is borking my performance? I just started the game and my fps dips as low as 40fps in the night elf starting zone :'(

I'm on a i5@4ghz and SLI gtx 460, fresh install of windows on an SSD

Flib

Corky said:
hey guys, so what is borking my performance? I just started the game and my fps dips as low as 40fps in the night elf starting zone :'(

I'm on a i5@4ghz and SLI gtx 460, fresh install of windows on an SSD

turn down shadows

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Flib said:
turn down shadows

will do

edit : cheers, turning down the shadows one notch sent my fps from 40 to 200. Sigh...why...why

btw, I got a SC2 collectors edition, I was under the impression that I would find a cute little thor pet in my mailbox on a new character. But there isn't one, have I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom