• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

I've seen about 3-4 Gnome Priests now that were race changed and they're only level 30-40. Why would you waste $25 to skip new content that seriously takes like a day or 2 to reach?

Nolimit_SS said:
Made a post on official forums about my problems, hopefully I get some help there. But if anyone here got some insight about this please share, here, PM, official forum, doesn't matter ;)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/916824419

P.S. Go to southern barrens and see tauren being eaten/swirled around by a plant, was kinda funny at the time :p
http://sites.google.com/site/nolimitss/WoWScrnShot_112510_002754.jpg

Not at my home computer so I don't know what folders they are, but have you tried deleting your WTF, Interface, and there is another folder I can't remember. Basically it gets rid of all the junk and you just redownload those small parts for a clean slate. Notice: this will get rid of all addons you have installed, but just getting the game to run normally by itself should be more important than them. Only thing I can think of besides a full reinstall.

Edit: Found the other folder on Blizzard's website, its the Cache folder. So deleting it with the WTF and Interface folders will render your Interface to the standard version. Blizzard also mention using the repair tool in your WoW folder if that does not work.

Oh my god.

The Oghan'aka questline in Northern Stranglethorn is absolutely fantastic. I guess it doesn't lead anywhere else for the time being, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Okay so here's what I want to do.

Gamestop's WoW deal comes with a 5.00 gift card, making my purchase of Vanilla WoW basically -0.01. Could I use this to link the Refer-A-Friend thing with my friend's account and then both of us could start new characters/get all the exp?

And then would I be able to transfer my new toon to my real account?

I hope this makes sense. I'm very tired D:

Entropia

No One Remembers
Freyjadour said:
Oh my god.

The Oghan'aka questline in Northern Stranglethorn is absolutely fantastic. I guess it doesn't lead anywhere else for the time being, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah I was a tad let down at the end of it. I got sent to South STV right after? Disappointment. However, it was fun! :D

Sai-kun said:
Okay so here's what I want to do.

Gamestop's WoW deal comes with a 5.00 gift card, making my purchase of Vanilla WoW basically -0.01. Could I use this to link the Refer-A-Friend thing with my friend's account and then both of us could start new characters/get all the exp?

And then would I be able to transfer my new toon to my real account?

I hope this makes sense. I'm very tired D:

As long as the last name of your new account matches that of your existing account, you should be able to transfer the character over when you're done RAFing.

Dina

I must be the only one with minimal interest in creating a new character. I have had priests, warriors, mages, hunters on top level, a warlock and a rogue on mid-lvl and currently run as a druid with a dk on the side.

That leaves shaman and paladin, but to be honest, what would I do with one of those? I've got three characters to lvl till 85 but most likely will level one or two. One more alt would give me nothing.

But hey, might be I will just lvl an alliance toon on another server, just for kicks. Where will I find the time, however.

Dr. Pangloss said:
Not at my home computer so I don't know what folders they are, but have you tried deleting your WTF, Interface, and there is another folder I can't remember. Basically it gets rid of all the junk and you just redownload those small parts for a clean slate. Notice: this will get rid of all addons you have installed, but just getting the game to run normally by itself should be more important than them. Only thing I can think of besides a full reinstall.

Edit: Found the other folder on Blizzard's website, its the Cache folder. So deleting it with the WTF and Interface folders will render your Interface to the standard version. Blizzard also mention using the repair tool in your WoW folder if that does not work.
I have. Every now and then I backup those 3 folders so I can easily try playing without them, but not helping : |
Loading time is killing me, literally since when I zone in out of dungeon or log in I get killed if someone's there.

JesseZao

Sniper McBlaze said:
Can't decide if my worgen is going to be a druid or a warlock. What would you choose and why?

I think warlocks are a lot of fun, but if it's your first time, druids can be every role so you can try them out to see what you like. Also, leveling the druid would give you faster dungeon queues if you tank/heal.

Danoss

Nolimit_SS, I'd redo the cache if I were in your shoes. I had game streaming issues, even with an SSD after the patch, so I started with a fresh cache by doing the following today.

• In your WoW directory, delete your Cache and Data/Cache folders.
  • Delete the WoW.mfil file
  • Delete the WoW.tfil file
  • Delete the WTF/Launcher.WTF file
Once you have done this, load up the launcher and wait. It will say it's applying non-critical updates. Don't do anything until it says it's done.

My basic understanding is that it will create faster-loading cache files from the compressed WoW files. It will take some time, but it should load considerably faster.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sniper McBlaze said:
Can't decide if my worgen is going to be a druid or a warlock. What would you choose and why?
If you've never played a Druid before, then I highly suggest you go for that.

Tamanon

Banned
I personally enjoy druids more, but then again I like hybrids. Plus, Worgen Druid Alchemist would be the ultimate shapeshifter.

Hixx

So I was fully patched up last night, played a bit. Just went to log on and now have a 4 gig patch??

Says it's downloading at 1.1mb/s but quite clearly isn't... weird.

Danoss said:
Nolimit_SS, I'd redo the cache if I were in your shoes. I had game streaming issues, even with an SSD after the patch, so I started with a fresh cache by doing the following today.

• In your WoW directory, delete your Cache and Data/Cache folders.
  • Delete the WoW.mfil file
  • Delete the WoW.tfil file
  • Delete the WTF/Launcher.WTF file
Once you have done this, load up the launcher and wait. It will say it's applying non-critical updates. Don't do anything until it says it's done.

My basic understanding is that it will create faster-loading cache files from the compressed WoW files. It will take some time, but it should load considerably faster.
Thanks will do. Though I just downloaded some hdd test program and compared my two hdd's(windows/programs one and storage one) and one with programs seems to be a lot slower... Gotta test further

made a new human pally tuesday night, level 20 now. Love the new quests in westfall and redridge mountains, makes me want to reroll more characters so I can do all the other new quests around kalimdor and eastern kingdoms.

webrunner

Hey, guys

Do you think the version installed on the Cataclysm disc will still include the old world data? I know 4.0.3 had both (because 4.0.3 contained the cataclysm data but was still played on the old world) but nobody with a Cataclysm disc is going to need the data for, eg, old barrens.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Sniper McBlaze said:
feral druid

why? because you can do so much with them, especially while levelling up. solo questing? cat form and tear shit up. spot heal yourself for zero downtime. getting harassed by player on horde? stealth and counter-gank. want to do dungeons with a group? you can tank. if they don't need a tank you can dps. see a group of horde coming to gank you? instant flight form to safety. paranoid about ganks? track humanoids. want to pvp? druids have some of the best CCs in the game.

get sick of tanking or melee dps? respec healing or magic dps and get new gear to suit.

druid is the best class in WoW. took me a while to realise this. first class was a shaman (63), then a hunter (51), then a warlock (71) and finally a druid (80). played a rogue on the side once i decided the druid was my main and got it to 62. rogue is heaps of fun too, but ultimately druid is better.

that all said, i really enjoyed playing my warlock. zero downtime while questing. can dot up many mobs at a time, kite, life tap, drain tank, non-stop.

Scrow said:
feral druid

why? because you can do so much with them, especially while levelling up. solo questing? cat form and tear shit up. spot heal yourself for zero downtime. getting harassed by player on horde? stealth and counter-gank. want to do dungeons with a group? you can tank. if they don't need a tank you can dps. see a group of horde coming to gank you? instant flight form to safety. paranoid about ganks? track humanoids. want to pvp? druids have some of the best CCs in the game.

get sick of tanking or melee dps? respec healing or magic dps and get new gear to suit.

druid is the best class in WoW. took me a while to realise this. first class was a shaman (63), then a hunter (51), then a warlock (71) and finally a druid (80). played a rogue on the side once i decided the druid was my main and got it to 62. rogue is heaps of fun too, but ultimately druid is better.

that all said, i really enjoyed playing my warlock. zero downtime while questing. can dot up many mobs at a time, kite, life tap, drain tank, non-stop.

You've made me a believer. Druid it is.

Zerokku said:
I'm surprised there aren't more tauren pallys. While using the lfd tool leveling my Tauren pally I have yet to see another tauren pally, and yet have seen at least one (and often two) troll druids in my groups.
I don't like Blood Elves and love the tauren race and lore; however, the in-game models are really horrendous, so as much as it pains me, I won't be changing.

McNei1y

I don't know if this has been said but as much as I love these new quests and zones, I feel like my options for questing has changed so far. I mean the barrens is now like a linear questing zone instead of having quests spread all around so you can choose. I don't mind it, but it seems like you can't be versatile what to do. I do like the quests though.

Is Ashenvale next for me? I'm 20

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Scrow said:
feral druid

I've been considering a drood.

It'd fun to level, but that's short lived.

I have a 70 rogue, 80 priest, 80 DK, 70 mage.

+Pure is superior mainly with all the abilities. Low or higher DPS isn't important to me.
-Leveling all to 85 would suck.
-Mounts split between them all could suck

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I don't like Blood Elves and love the tauren race and lore; however, the in-game models are really horrendous, so as much as it pains me, I won't be changing.
I don't like looking at a fresh tauren body.

But when you cover it up in huge pieces of armorand consider how huge 2H weapons and shields are on it compared to the dinky BE 2h and shields...

You'll see the light.

Sniper McBlaze said:
You've made me a believer. Druid it is.
The main drawback with druid, in my opinion, is that you look the same at level 20 as you're going to look at 85. Not everybody plays WoW as a dress-up game, but I really like the equipment changing aspect. Ferals don't get to partake in that part of the game so much--so if that is going to bum you out, be aware of it.

That said, I love having a character that can do all three roles. Paladin is another great choice, but they don't get stealth. However, they do get to wear plate. All the time.

Druid is a great start though. You get a character that can do every job in the game, so even if you don't stick with druid, you'll have an idea of what you want to play.

DeathNote said:
I don't like looking at a fresh tauren body.

But when you cover it up in huge pieces of armorand consider how huge 2H weapons and shields are on it compared to the dinky BE 2h and shields...

You'll see the light.
Nah, I won't. =P

My old main is an 80 prot warrior. He went from 1-80 (and most of his time at 80) as a tauren. When I returned to the game a month ago I finally did what I'd been wanting to do forever: I changed his race to an orc.

He looks so much better now to me. Taurens animate so clumsily. I like how big they are--but I can't stand getting stuck in doors (I rock a talbuk mount--tauren on a talbuk is a 2 story building). I also don't like how wooden they feel in all of their movement animations.

I love taurens, I just don't like the reality of them in game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i just like big weapons. don't pay attention to anything else. but, i'm going to be a goblin for the racials and face detail. a few races i don't display helms on.

so, how over populated is warrior dps and how used are they raids?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm going to enjoy killing female goblins in PVP. They got some crazy death animation compared to most races.

SnakeswithLasers said:
The main drawback with druid, in my opinion, is that you look the same at level 20 as you're going to look at 85. Not everybody plays WoW as a dress-up game, but I really like the equipment changing aspect. Ferals don't get to partake in that part of the game so much--so if that is going to bum you out, be aware of it.

That said, I love having a character that can do all three roles. Paladin is another great choice, but they don't get stealth. However, they do get to wear plate. All the time.

Druid is a great start though. You get a character that can do every job in the game, so even if you don't stick with druid, you'll have an idea of what you want to play.

Don't you think that this might change in Cataclysm? Maybe the quest items look better in the old world this time? I really like getting equipment that look great and I know the warlock has some awesome looking sets.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sniper McBlaze said:
Don't you think that this might change in Cataclysm? Maybe the quest items look better in the old world this time? I really like getting equipment that look great and I know the warlock has some awesome looking sets.
i think he means you'll be in a some kind of form the whole time while fighting.

DeathNote said:
i think he means you'll be in a some kind of form the whole time while fighting.
Ya, that was what I was saying. Although, I am pretty happy with my druid's heal set. It's nice that you don't have to be in tree form all the time. So, leveling is feral is cool, especially since once you get to max level, you can go resto and still see all the awesome equipment. Druid heals are fucking uber too...

Tamanon

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:

Unless you heal, then you don't shift forms.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:
Unless you heal, then you don't shift forms.
" Ferals don't get to partake in that part of the game so much--so if that is going to bum you out, be aware of it."

"It's nice that you don't have to be in tree form all the time."

:p

Alex

And I never thought someone here would have taken some throwaway joke so badly.

I'm riffing you, man, no worries. I just don't like Blood Elves. :lol

'Cept their music, which is fantastic.

Quick question, I might reactivate and transfer to a friends server, Im gonna have to pay the 25 dollar server transfer fee, and the 30 dollar faction change, correct? There wouldnt per chance be a server transfer and faction change combo pack or something I dont know about ?

McNei1y

Nobiru said:
Quick question, I might reactivate and transfer to a friends server, Im gonna have to pay the 25 dollar server transfer fee, and the 30 dollar faction change, correct? There wouldnt per chance be a server transfer and faction change combo pack or something I dont know about ?

Not that I know of. It sucks. 55 for something like that? That's more than the expansion lol.

The XP nerf in Northrend is definitely noticeable as I'm finishing up my warrior there. Went from 74-76 last night in 2-3 hours, though I was rested. Also got his JC past 425, so he's ready for Cataclysm there (just a waste of money trying to push it further at this point). Mining is past 400, but he'll hit cap before he hits 80 at the rate I've been mining while leveling.

Also started my Tauren paladin - got him to level 4 I think before quitting for the night. He literally has one-shot everything so far wearing every heirloom available to him :lol

But leveling him up will be fun. Any recommendations for the 10-20 range? I'm thinking Silverpine with all the new lore and quests there, though Azshara may be a good choice as well.

Sniper McBlaze said:

The one reason to pick Druid. They are able to fulfill ANY role in the game. You can tank, heal, melee dps, and range dps all in one character. You'll never roll another alt again!

Outdoor Miner said:
The one reason to pick Druid. They are able to fulfill ANY role in the game. You can tank, heal, melee dps, and range dps all in one character. You'll never roll another alt again!

on the other hand, there are going to be so many Worgen Druids come launch, that you wouldnt know what to do with yourself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom