• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nobiru said:
So ive started a Warlock, that I planned to make Destro, but should I go Demon for leveling? Felguard sounds pretty useful, but I will be playing with a Druid pretty much all the time, so I wonder if it will matter much.

So what say you? Destro or Demon for leveling with a Druid friend?

When I rolled my Trollock, I did it purely because I could get a Felguard at level 10. Wouldn't ya know it - it's boring as hell at the low levels. It looks like it gets a bit better when I get Incinerate though.

Destro is just as boring until you get Soul Fire at 54.

The problem with either spec is that your cast times are painfully slow and you're limited in your spells. With Demo, you would dot the mob, then start shadow bolting, the unfortunate thing is that shadow bolt has a cast time of 3 seconds. And some of the talents effect spells that you get much later, like Incinerate. This was my biggest problem with Destro...

With Destro, your main spells at the low levels are immolate, conflag and shadow bolt. Thankfully the Backdraft talent reduces the cast time of Shadow Bolt by a bit, but you're restricted to just those few spells and through about 30-54, a lot of the talents have no bearing on the spells currently available to you. For example a lot of talents effect Soul Fire.

Keep in mind, a lot of my leveling so far as been going through dungeons. Either way though, I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate some of those talent trees, or the level that you get certain abilities. It's absolutely absurd that two of the three tier 2 Destro talents are all for Soulfire which you get at level 54.

What spec is your druid friend going?

Oh, and Dual Spec is only 10g now and available pretty early. So you can try out both specs.

Fjord

Yeah I completely agree about the destro talents. There is no choice at all. It's just well I don't have that spell until level 72 so that does nothing for me, oh don't have that one either. Why are these low tier talents?!

Milpool

Tamanon said:
Yes Burrow is an aggro drop now so you can't just use it to AOE tank without needing to heal the pet.

So my pet tank's main ability is now a threat dump?

/golfclap

And I always had to heal my pet anyway.

edit- Actually is it not bugged currently? Because if I feign death when burrow attack is active mobs will reset rather than attack the pet.

moojito

A guildy of mine was levelling a lock recently as affliction and said the ability to lift dots off a mob before it dies and put them on a new one was the greatest thing he'd ever seen.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
That's one trick I had not tried on my Warlock as of late. I used to love Affliction spec too, back in the old days.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
evlcookie said:
So is deathwing just trolling about in random locations on every server? Or is he at a set location at the moment ?

It would be nice to know just how often he vist a random zone. Is it once a day? Once every 2 hours? I've yet to see him or any of my guild members in fact(while i was online anyway). People dont seem to talk much about it on trade or general chat either. Although i often have trade chat closed. :lol

McNei1y

Kweh said:
Race changed my Warlock to Troll. Finally the day I've been waiting for has come ! Woop! :D

Now its a close race between who the uglier warlock is: Orc or Troll... I made my orc warlock back when BC started because people gave so much shit to orc locks and I rarely ever saw them. Then it became a running meme in my guild that I was the sexiest player. I mean an orc in a dress is pretty hilarious.

Tamanon

Banned
Milpool said:
So my pet tank's main ability is now a threat dump?

/golfclap

And I always had to heal my pet anyway.

edit- Actually is it not bugged currently? Because if I feign death when burrow attack is active mobs will reset rather than attack the pet.

Well, the previous incarnation of it, let them burrow, not drop aggro and not take damage.

It's treated in a vanished state while burrowed, so if you feign death, the mobs don't have anyone to latch onto and reset.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orc Warlock makes no sense at all in terms of lore. I mean, okay, the Orcs didn't have mages because they didn't trust magic, but they allow Warlock's, who also do magic, but who also the primary people that totally fucked their people over (i.e. Shadow Council). Makes a ton of sense.

Of course, in terms of the actual lore, any class can actually be anything. It's just what they tolerate and/or are common.

Rapstah

Angry Grimace said:
Orc Warlock makes no sense at all in terms of lore. I mean, okay, the Orcs didn't have mages because they didn't trust magic, but they allow Warlock's, who also do magic, but who also the primary people that totally fucked their people over (i.e. Shadow Council). Makes a ton of sense.

Of course, in terms of the actual lore, any class can actually be anything. It's just what they tolerate and/or are common.
No warlocks are quite socially accepted though except Undead ones, the trainers are all hidden away in basements and such.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rapstah said:
No warlocks are quite socially accepted though except Undead ones, the trainers are all hidden away in basements and such.
Their existence makes sense. Why the Horde would say, "fuck mages" but then have Warlocks hanging around is what makes no sense.

There's nothing in lore itself preventing any class from being anything, i.e. Orc Paladins could exist, they just don't.

markot

Banned
Rapstah said:
Gnomes are fucking psychopaths though.
futurama_fry_looking_squint2.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Bisnic said:
It would be nice to know just how often he vist a random zone. Is it once a day? Once every 2 hours? I've yet to see him or any of my guild members in fact(while i was online anyway). People dont seem to talk much about it on trade or general chat either. Although i often have trade chat closed. :lol
I'm wondering if maybe he never visits zones like Elwynn Forest or Teldrassil just because it'd be really easy for all the people idling in capital cities to get the feat of strength.

Angry Grimace

sykoex said:
I'm wondering if maybe he never visits zones like Elwynn Forest or Teldrassil just because it'd be really easy for all the people idling in capital cities to get the feat of strength.
He does not visit certain zones, i.e. Teldrassil, Elwynn, Durotar, WG, Tol Barad. The only person I know who's gotten it is notworkready and he was afk when the achievement popped.

webrunner

Orc: We do not condone warlocks, but using the Legion's demons against them is smart. (Note that arcane magic is different, it attracts demons but doesnt enslave them)
Troll: We do what the Horde says, mon
Forsaken: Sure, you're dead anyway, go for it. Need any poison to go with that to spread around?
Blood Elf: A source of power GIMMEGIMMEGIMME
Goblins: Hey, a minion that I can tell to do stuff and not have to pay? Yes please.

Worgen: We're cursed anyway, might as well spread it around.
Human: Feels good, man.
Dwarf: Woke up drunk next to a succubus.
Gnome: I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO THIS

Angry Grimace

webrunner said:
Orc: We do not condone warlocks, but using the Legion's demons against them is smart. (Note that arcane magic is different, it attracts demons but doesnt enslave them)
Troll: We do what the Horde says, mon
Forsaken: Sure, you're dead anyway, go for it. Need any poison to go with that to spread around?
Blood Elf: A source of power GIMMEGIMMEGIMME
Goblins: Hey, a minion that I can tell to do stuff and not have to pay? Yes please.

Worgen: We're cursed anyway, might as well spread it around.
Human: Feels good, man.
Dwarf: Woke up drunk next to a succubus.
Gnome: I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO THIS
Well the problem with that is that all magic is technically Arcane unless it's nature magic.

Arcane is both a school and something that describes what mages do. Warlocks are just evil mages in lore so they're technically doing arcane magic also.

Installed Wrath on my new desktop...Ordered a new authenticator since I lost my last one...Getting up to date on patches...Almost ready to use my free week Blizzard sent me, buy Cataclysm and lose my life again.:lol

Will justice points still be used to buy gear in cataclysm, or will there be a new type of point/currency? I'm not sure if I should bother spending any justice points or honor points now, or just save them for cataclysm.

Rapstah

lakesideflight said:
Will justice points still be used to buy gear in cataclysm, or will there be a new type of point/currency? I'm not sure if I should bother spending any justice points or honor points now, or just save them for cataclysm.
Justice for poor-ass Heroic 5-man blues, Valor for all epics, move everything down one rank with each patch. Don't save them though.

Cyrillus

As an anecdote for the Deathwing FoS, I was questing in southern Tanaris last night, and Deathwing came to visit the zone. The sky turned to this awesome looking brimstone-like backdrop, and everything was orange. I didn't see any /yell from Deathwing, but others in the zone confirmed that they got the achievement. I write this merely to say that even if you are in the zone at the time, it's not 100% that you'll get the achievement, as he doesn't seem to scorch the entire zone.

lakesideflight said:
Buy some heirloom gear, level an alt. Good times!

notworksafe

Cyrillus said:
As an anecdote for the Deathwing FoS, I was questing in southern Tanaris last night, and Deathwing came to visit the zone. The sky turned to this awesome looking brimstone-like backdrop, and everything was orange. I didn't see any /yell from Deathwing, but others in the zone confirmed that they got the achievement. I write this merely to say that even if you are in the zone at the time, it's not 100% that you'll get the achievement, as he doesn't seem to scorch the entire zone.
Interesting. I got mine in Tanaris as well, while AFK-ing in Gadgetzan.

zlatko

Banned
Any "best place" to pre-order Cata from? I saw that Amazon is offering 100 credits to their site(worth $10.00), but where did everyone else pre order from ?

Weenerz

Banned
zlatko said:
Any "best place" to pre-order Cata from? I saw that Amazon is offering 100 credits to their site(worth $10.00), but where did everyone else pre order from ?

Gamestop, ordered the CE. I will be there in line at 8pm, the earlier the better.

notworksafe

zlatko said:
Got mine at GameStop. Almost everyone in my guild went the digital route however.

Zozobra

I was thinking about rolling a pally to check out the revamped beginning content, but I've already got a Blood Elf priest, so I was hoping to do a different race but I'm not so sure I want a Tauren. Anyone have any input on which race might be better for that class considering racials and whatnot? Sorry, but I've been out of the WoW loop for some time now.

Edit: Actually, seems the racials are still the same as when I last played so I'm thinking Blood Elf is probably better from that perspective.

Rapstah

Zozobra said:
I was thinking about rolling a pally to check out the revamped beginning content, but I've already got a Blood Elf priest, so I was hoping to do a different race but I'm not so sure I want a Tauren. Anyone have any input on which race might be better for that class considering racials and whatnot? Sorry, but I've been out of the WoW loop for some time now.
Racials aren't supposed to matter anymore.

Tamanon

Banned
Zozobra said:

Depends on what you want to do with the Pally, I mean extra stam and AOE stun are pretty decent racials for tanking.

in the end, go with what looks the best to you, the rest is minor.

Retro

Horde can only have Blood Elf or Tauren Paladins. If Tauren bother you, you could always roll a Blood Elf of the opposite sex.

Won

Just "finished" the Wrathgate quest chain on my Warrior......what an incredible sad moment. Didn't even think about that the rest could have been removed. :(

Rapstah

Won said:
Just "finished" the Wrathgate quest chain on my Warrior......what an incredible sad moment. Didn't even think about that the rest could have been removed. :(
Wait a sec right now, what exactly was removed?! Battle of Undercity isn't gone, is it?

So I was thinking about trying to learn how to tank with my level 77 warrior before Cata comes out. I just realized there are like 100343 different abilities and spells that I can use and I have no clue which ones of them I need.

For example: Is Sunder Armor necessary if I have Devastate?

I could really use some help here with the spells. Any spells I could skip entirely?

Just did the troll starting zone for shits n giggles.

ZUNI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's actually a bit buggy, Zuni will run off when you're in the cave (boss on top seems to attact him) and Vol'jin conversations (the 2nd one for me) seem to break on a regular basis.

regarding vol'jin.
If Garrosh ends up doing something fucking stupid that leads to him HAVING to die (which I suspect is the way it'll go) please please please let Vol'jin kill him

I'm still a little bummed that I wasn't active when the echo isles were retaken.

Rapstah

Tamanon said:
Yup, it's gone now last I saw.
Of course it makes sense now that I think about it, Thrall couldn't have been shouting about WOTLK events in Org, but damn it, it never even crossed my mind! I guess I won't be doing the Horde side of it then! :(

zlatko said:

I'm just going to pick up the CE at my local Fry's. Always have tons of them in stock so I'm in no rush.

Tamanon

Banned
Sniper McBlaze said:
So I was thinking about trying to learn how to tank with my level 77 warrior before Cata comes out. I just realized there are like 100343 different abilities and spells that I can use and I have no clue which ones of them I need.

For example: Is Sunder Armor necessary if I have Devastate?

I could really use some help here with the spells. Any spells I could skip entirely?

Devastate replaces Sunder Armor since it does the same effect with actual damage too. The best way to learn to tank is to first work on your rotation. Try doing some soloing with AOE pulls to at least get a feel for how the procs work, especially with Sword and Board procs. Then after that, just start queueing up and get your feet wet.

Milpool

Tamanon said:
Well, the previous incarnation of it, let them burrow, not drop aggro and not take damage.

That's weird, because my worm always took damage while burrow attack was up before 4.0.3a, almost died numerous times in fact.

kai3345

Banned
Fuck.

I just got an email from blizzard today saying that someone wanted to change the email associated with my battle.net account. I replied to the official email listed on Blizz's support page, incase the email was fake.

But if it is real then this means that someone has access to my email address, which is a lot bigger than someone compromising my WoW account.

Ugh

notworksafe

kai3345 said:
Fuck.

I just got an email from blizzard today saying that someone wanted to change the email associated with my battle.net account. I replied to the official email listed on Blizz's support page, incase the email was fake.

But if it is real then this means that someone has access to my email address, which is a lot bigger than someone compromising my WoW account.

Ugh
1. Add an authenticator right now, if you don't have one already. Even the dial-in auth...it's free.

2. Open WoW and run all your various virus/malware scans while it's running.

3. Change Email password ASAP.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, one of the awesome things about the dungeon revamps while leveling is that the bosses actually require groups to pay attention now, before it was just a rush and a kill, now it's interrupting, moving the boss, avoiding fires.

Just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom