• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

So I can't get over how crap the sky looks in most places, I mean I think it was the barrens I was looking at where it was just kinda a blurry mess of white over blue :\

I hope they update it in the future...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
colinp said:
Is it worth buying better weapons at auction? My bow kinda blows..
If you can spare the money, I don't see why not. However you'll get some really nice blue quest rewards eventually, and/or random dungeons.

Gravijah

Is it possible for other races to quest on Echo Isles? Trying to get a friend Crusader, thus I need Ambassador... I looked around Echo Isles, but couldn't find any quests.

How do people find a guild these days? I don't want to join a hardcore raiding guild, if I did I'd just app to one. I returned to the game after a long break and my guild and all its members are long gone. I can group in the dungeon finder all day long and never see the same person twice so its hard to meet people there.

I have 4 80s on sen'jin but I think I'm about ready to give up on the server, I played for several hours yesterday and I didn't see a single person :lol I rolled a fresh character on Area 52 horde the other day, I think it's the first time I've played a character without twinking it since launch.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:
I wasn't even counting Crystalsong. There was Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly hills, Zul'drak, Sholazar Basin, Icecrown and Storm Peaks and Wintergrasp. There's only like 5 zones in Cataclysm other than the goblin/worgen zones which don't count anymore than the DK starting zone does.

One thing you may not be accounting for is the fact that the new Cataclysm zones are, well, massive. Huge. Vashj'ir takes up three distinct maps.

Tol Barad appears to be two maps; is that one for the Wintergrasp-esque fight for control and the other for the dailies?

Counting PvE levelling zones only, if you take the various Loremaster achievements, Cataclysm is a *little* behind, but not massively so:

Vashj'ir: 160
Hyjal: 115
Deepholm: 125
Uldum: 108
Twilight Highlands: 120

Total: 628

Northrend:

Borean Tundra: 130
Zul'Drak: 100
Howling Fjord: 130
Storm Peaks: 100
Dragonblight: 115
Grizzly Hills: 85
Sholozar Basin: 75
Icecrown: 140

Total: 875

250 fewer quests, that's two zones' difference, which isn't *that* bad, really.

For fun:

Outland:

Hellfire Peninsula: 80
Terokkar Forest: 63
Blade's Edge Mountains: 86
Shadowmoon Valley: 90
Zangarmarsh: 54
Nagrand: 75
Netherstorm: 120

Total: 568

Two *more* zones, fifty *fewer* quests.

So what actually are you asking for, here? In terms of progression levelling content, Cataclysm is superior to Burning Crusade and inferior to Northrend, although it's not as bad as quantity of zones it is fewer suggests.

Sure, it's got fewer zones. Does that actually matter?

J-Rzez said:
"Spending more time enjoying the zones" is something that Blizzard themselves would say. Naw, all it's going to do is make questing a massive pita battling for mobs, which is going to inspire a lot of ganking on PVP servers in their hopes to side track players, distract them from noticing the lack of new zones to explore.

Honestly, it's got to be pretty stressful to have such a cynical view of this game/company, while still being addicted enough to it to schedule your vacation around the expansion.

I mean, you think that Blizzard's plans for the expansion include orchestrating a high level of ganking so that the ganked players will be mad at their tormentors, which would somehow cause them not to notice Cata's supposed lack of content (mind you, this master plan would only affect some players on some servers). I'd cancel my sub if I really believed that kind of crap about Blizzard, and don't understand why you don't.

ACE 1991

So for those in the beta or for anyone who knows, is cataclysm WoW harder to run than wrath WoW? I and some other people noticed some performance hits with wrath as it was a technically more impressive expansion than BC and of course than vanilla.

Rapstah

ACE 1991 said:
So for those in the beta or for anyone who knows, is cataclysm WoW harder to run than wrath WoW? I and some other people noticed some performance hits with wrath as it was a technically more impressive expansion than BC and of course than vanilla.
The beta has closed and the current "Wrath WoW" is exactly the same as Cata technically.

ACE 1991

Rapstah said:
The beta has closed and the current "Wrath WoW" is exactly the same as Cata technically.

Okay thanks. Here are my laptop specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4.00 GB ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series 512mb. I haven't played WoW on it, I should be able to run it fairly well I hope? Shadows will probably kill me but other than that I hope this is enough for the game to at least run decently and look pretty.

Kraftwerk

Hit exalted last night and got my turbo trike. Really disappointed that it doesn't have the idle jump animation like the bike :(. Other than that its pretty awesome, i am still getting the mechano-hog tho :D.

J-Rzez

speedpop said:
I understand the complaints leveled at Blizzard for apparently never putting their money's worth into the game, but what are you supposed to do? Hire 100 more people to overload the game with new crap, only to let them loose after an expansion hits? It's not a sound business tactic whatsoever and it's the reason why the complainers don't work in the hierarchy of Blizzard.

Well I think they stated that they start working on new expansions even before the current upcoming one goes out the door. So they need part of the team to work on the next xpac, while keeping others behind on the current one to work on content patches. So it's not like there's ever a lull in the work as they've said in the past. They went out and hired some new people to make the Mobile AH work though back in the day. :p

LaserBuddha said:
Honestly, it's got to be pretty stressful to have such a cynical view of this game/company, while still being addicted enough to it to schedule your vacation around the expansion.

Personal days, not vacation, I'd never schedule a vacation around the game that just sounds weird to me. :p

But yes, it is a crazy love-hate relationship for me with this damn game. I never had one like this with anything hobby related in life heh. The gameplay is hands down the best in the industry for MMOs, and on a much bigger level, it has to do with the friends in RL and the ones I met in-game that I think is the real draw to me to keep playing. The game sees the majority of little time I have anymore to play games, and I enjoy it so much that I get pissed when I see Blizzard cutting corners, tis'all.

Kraftwerk

ACE 1991 said:
Okay thanks. Here are my laptop specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4.00 GB ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series 512mb. I haven't played WoW on it, I should be able to run it fairly well I hope? Shadows will probably kill me but other than that I hope this is enough for the game to at least run decently and look pretty.

You should be fine honestly.I just installed wow on my macbook air -Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz and 2gb of ram with nvidia 320mm. It ran Completely fine with everything set at high.

J-Rzez

Kraftwerk said:
Hit exalted last night and got my turbo trike. Really disappointed that it doesn't have the idle jump animation like the bike :(. Other than that its pretty awesome, i am still getting the mechano-hog tho :D.

They didn't make a new engineering mount for Cata yet huh? While the bike was really cool, the Helo is one of my favorites still in the game, the amount of animation put into that thing.

ACE 1991

Kraftwerk said:
You should be fine honestly.I just installed wow on my macbook air -Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz and 2gb of ram with nvidia 320mm. It ran Completely fine with everything set at high.

good to know, thank you!

Raiden

Banned
Well i updated my wow etc, and wow it sure has changed. Just one question, im not gonna play till cataclysm comes out, but how will you get the lv 80-85 zones? I wanna place my lv 80 warr as close as possible, so as soon as Cata comes out i can start:D

Rapstah

Raiden said:
Well i updated my wow etc, and wow it sure has changed. Just one question, im not gonna play till cataclysm comes out, but how will you get the lv 80-85 zones? I wanna place my lv 80 warr as close as possible, so as soon as Cata comes out i can start:D
Place him just outside of Orgrimmar or Stormwind then, you'll automatically get the quest to talk to the teleport guy as you enter the city of your faction.

ACE 1991

Wow this is annoying. So my account was compromised a month ago so I sent in a recovery form, which they received. Tried to play today and noticed that my account was locked again, so I have to send them another recovery form :lol eff that.

Ripclawe

Banned
ahh damn it all to hell.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=67494

Electrostatic Condenser
Binds when picked up
Unique
Requires Engineering (440)
Item Level 85
Allows a skilled engineer to occasionally collect Volatile Air while mining, skinning, or collecting herbs.

There are no more gas clouds. The mote extractor has been replaced by the Electrostatic Condenser.

That means I am going to have to drop my maxed out tailoring for a gatherer profession. ARGH

I haven't tanked since vanilla because I only played my shaman and priest in WotLK, and it actually is pretty awesome. In 3 dungeon runs have only had 1 issue, I had 0 rage, no mobs attacking me, and no way to generate rage. Do druids ever get a spell like bloodrage?

Ripclawe said:
ahh damn it all to hell.

Electrostatic Condenser
Binds when picked up
Unique
Item Level 85
Allows a skilled engineer to occasionally collect Volatile Air while mining, skinning, or collecting herbs.

That means I am going to have to drop my maxed out tailoring for a gatherer profession. ARGH
Gonna suck for raiding people that still have engineering...
Any nice bonuses for pve? Or I might just drop engineering anyway at this point :/

zlatko

Banned
kai3345 said:
Called Blizz and got my account back :D

I just checked my email again today, because I believe I am experiencing the same problems as you that someone may have hacked my account.

Today my email said my WoW account was closed due to someone selling in game currency for real life cash. WTF?! I haven't even played since I updated to BC and WoTLK expansions. I've yet to make my new character till Cata drops.

Going to check now if it really is banned, but this is some really alarming stuff....

Tamanon

Banned
Ripclawe said:
ahh damn it all to hell.

Electrostatic Condenser
Binds when picked up
Unique
Item Level 85

Hey it works with Mining. I'm in.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nolimit_SS said:
Gonna suck for raiding people that still have engineering...
Any nice bonuses for pve? Or I might just drop engineering anyway at this point :/

Engineering is the top PvE profession right now.

zlatko

Banned
Yup...it was really hacked and closed. WTF kinda bad luck do you have to have to get an account with 10 free trial days, no subscription or CC info, to be the one that gets used for this kinda crap.

I emailed Blizzard, and I will be roaring pissed if this can't get fixed since I just dropped 15 bucks on those expansions and paid off a 40 dollar pre order for Cata!

Kweh

Is there anything fun, worthwhile to do in the new old world before Cataclysm arrives? I just got the Sunflower Seed pet for my main which was fun, and plan to start a Goblin Shaman to see the new Azeroth.

zlatko said:
Yup...it was really hacked and closed. WTF kinda bad luck do you have to have to get an account with 10 free trial days, no subscription or CC info, to be the one that gets used for this kinda crap.

I emailed Blizzard, and I will be roaring pissed if this can't get fixed since I just dropped 15 bucks on those expansions and paid off a 40 dollar pre order for Cata!

Pretty sure they'll take care of it. After all, you're worth money every month to them.

notworksafe

zlatko said:

I wouldn't worry about getting your stuff back. Blizzard does that hundreds of times every day. Hell every 2-3 pages in this thread someone has to get an account restored

Rapstah

It sucks so much going to Outland at 58 and having to replace your hard-earned bad ass armour pieces with Regalia of the Valorous Clown. :(

Rapstah

markot said:
You can probably lvl up in Vanilla stuff to like 62 at least, then leave outland at 68-9 >.<
The only zone I had left to do was Silithus, and that's not even changed too much. I'd rather instance my way through Outland and start questing my way forth again in Northrend (which I've yet to do on the Horde side!).

moojito

I didn't replace my priest's hide of the wild until I got into northrend. I didn't actually play once I dinged 70 on my priest, right enough. Good cloak!

Xiaoki

zlatko said:

What are you doing on the internet to get hacked like this?

If you're that worried about security get an Authenticator on your phone.

Rapstah

Sniper McBlaze said:
How does the Ironforge tabard work? Do I get reputation if I wear it and clear any dungeon in the game?
Yes, and I believe you get one fifth of the intended reputation if you're too high level for the instance.

Chris R

If I were to buy that 5$ vanilla pack to just use it for a month of play time (enough to get to 60 and see all the shit they did to the old world, ect) What class would people suggest? Here is a history list of my leveled characters so you can get an idea of what to not suggest!

Vanilla:
Shaman -> 60
Rogue -> 60

TBC: (new account)
Druid -> 70

WotLK: (new account)
Mage -> 80
Shaman -> 80
Warrior -> 80
Priest -> 80
(pally/hunter/druid) -> 35

I'm thinking a warlock or paladin, but would be up for pretty much anything that isn't a shaman or mage. Priest wasn't much fun either (but then again maybe that has changed). Currently doing a trial where I have a rogue and 1-10 sucked ass, but as soon as talents were unlocked it was a whole different game :lol

funkmastergeneral said:
While leveling my druid I'm getting instant queues when healing but 5+ minutes when tanking. Guess everyone's rolling a tank spec now.
Opposite for me at 75--what level is your druid?

Thankfully I love both roles though.

Sai-kun

Banned
DeathNote said:
You can't RAF right now?

How did people exploit?

Nope, RAF takes you a maintenance page. There is no ETA or anything. There are like 3/4 blue posts max on it.

I have no clue what the exploit was, but it had something to do with the sale, and upgrading an account and stuff, and getting the mount super easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom