• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

notworksafe said:
1. Add an authenticator right now, if you don't have one already. Even the dial-in auth...it's free.

2. Open WoW and run all your various virus/malware scans while it's running.

3. Change Email password ASAP.
Yes kai3345, do this.

You may also want to change the email address battle.net is associated with. Make sure that your email password isn't the same as your battle.net; if it is, you're making it too easy for those bastards to hijack your account.

kai3345

Banned
notworksafe said:
1. Add an authenticator right now, if you don't have one already. Even the dial-in auth...it's free.

2. Open WoW and run all your various virus/malware scans while it's running.

3. Change Email password ASAP.
I've done step 3, its just that I wont be home till monday so I can't do step 2.

Hell, my grandparents dont have a wireless landline and I've got a finite amount of cell phone minutes, so I can't even call Blizz until I get home.

I'll look into that dial in authenticator.

kai3345

Banned
So I tried to log in to add that dial in authenticator. My password didn't work even though I just changed it on tuesday. I went to try to change my password and it said "That e-mail and name combination don't exist"

wat do

notworksafe

kai3345 said:
So I tried to log in to add that dial in authenticator. My password didn't work even though I just changed it on tuesday. I went to try to change my password and it said "That e-mail and name combination don't exist"

wat do
Be sad until Monday and then call Blizzard to restore your account when you get home.

Is there any chance blizz would kick me a free server transfer if I call up and bitch about my low pop server and no free transfers? Really want to get off the one I'm one it is literally dead. Can't a group for shit.

Cipherr

mikespit1200 said:
Is there any chance blizz would kick me a free server transfer if I call up and bitch about my low pop server and no free transfers? Really want to get off the one I'm one it is literally dead. Can't a group for shit.

Low chance. They will on occasion do things live offer you a second transfer if you recently BOUGHT a server transfer and changed your mind after a week and want to go to a diff server instead.....but in that case you paid for a service and they will grant that favor in the hopes that you'll pay for more services in the future, but Ive not heard of them giving away their paid services for free at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are there only half as many zones in Cataclysm as in Wrath?

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Because there's a bajillion changes to the old ones. And the others are just leveling fodder anyways in Wrath.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Angry Grimace said:

because they want us to have a terrible time getting to 85 with everyone competing for the same damn mobs.

kai3345

Banned
Gah. Fuck hackers :(

Are most of the 1-60 quests and instances still baisically the same just tweaked a bit to fit with the whole Shattering canon, or is it pretty much all new?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Depends on your perspective.

There was 1 pvp zone, crystalsong, 2 starting zones, 6 other zones. It was possible to save Icecrown for gold or fun. So, 6 zones to reach the cap and 2 to do for fun.

Now there's 1 pvp zone, 4 zones to rech the cap, 1 leveling zone to do for gold or fun, and an old world full of new quests to do for fun if you don't want to re-roll. The PVP zone is also a daily quest hub like Isle of Quel'Danas.

Saving dev time is a no brainer. But spending more time in each zone is helpful for world pvp and enjoying the content.

McNei1y

kai3345 said:
Gah. Fuck hackers :(

Are most of the 1-60 quests and instances still baisically the same just tweaked a bit to fit with the whole Shattering canon, or is it pretty much all new?

From what I know from Mulgore to Northern Barrens, a lot of the quests are the same but tweaked a bit. Like, Mulgore is pretty much the same as before but with a bit of quests relocated and a few added to relate to the whole
Cairne Death

Northern Barrens has pretty much the same quests as well but instead of all of the quests in XR, it's a linear path with quests relocated to different areas. There are some new quests since new areas have been added/switched around; ie: Mankrik on a farm instead of XR.

Alex

From the ones I did, Teldrissil was mostly tweaked and altered, Darkshroe was all new, Ashenvale was all new (cept the Dartol line), Westfall was all new, Desolace was a mix but I only did half (not the lush part, which is prob all new), WPL is all new.

On the subject of WPL, Zen'kiki is the best druid ever.

Ramirez

I am loving the changes to the old world, especially how all of the quests are no bunched together, and that most of the long walks, like Durotar to Crossroads are now handled with quests. I'm already level 25 I believe, and only logged like 6 or so hours into the char, I'm hopeful to at least hit 60 by the time Cata comes out, we'll see.

Alex

I can't believe how good all the new music is, or how much of it there is. It's always taking me off guard.

Entropia said:
When I rolled my Trollock, I did it purely because I could get a Felguard at level 10. Wouldn't ya know it - it's boring as hell at the low levels. It looks like it gets a bit better when I get Incinerate though.

Destro is just as boring until you get Soul Fire at 54.

The problem with either spec is that your cast times are painfully slow and you're limited in your spells. With Demo, you would dot the mob, then start shadow bolting, the unfortunate thing is that shadow bolt has a cast time of 3 seconds. And some of the talents effect spells that you get much later, like Incinerate. This was my biggest problem with Destro...

With Destro, your main spells at the low levels are immolate, conflag and shadow bolt. Thankfully the Backdraft talent reduces the cast time of Shadow Bolt by a bit, but you're restricted to just those few spells and through about 30-54, a lot of the talents have no bearing on the spells currently available to you. For example a lot of talents effect Soul Fire.

Keep in mind, a lot of my leveling so far as been going through dungeons. Either way though, I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate some of those talent trees, or the level that you get certain abilities. It's absolutely absurd that two of the three tier 2 Destro talents are all for Soulfire which you get at level 54.

What spec is your druid friend going?

Oh, and Dual Spec is only 10g now and available pretty early. So you can try out both specs.

Ive played a warlock to 30ish back when BC came out, and enjoyed it quite a bit, I just quit when I got busy with a bunch of other stuff. So hopefully I wont find it too boring, as I enjoyed it quite a bit back then, and even so far with my few spells at level 10 im having a good time, the new quests and just generally tearing through stuff with my friend is a good time.

My Druid buddy is going Feral. Hes also a pretty hardcore WoW player, and a multiple "gladiator" in arena, which he assures me is pretty good, haha. Hes also huge into the lore, so hes dragging me around telling me about the people they are talking about in quests and why they are awesome.

So in the end I guess my spec wont REALLY matter, but if the Felguard is extremely useful for solo play, then I should probably go for that, for the few times I will be playing alone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Depends on your perspective.

There was 1 pvp zone, crystalsong, 2 starting zones, 6 other zones. It was possible to save Icecrown for gold or fun. So, 6 zones to reach the cap and 2 to do for fun.

Now there's 1 pvp zone, 4 zones to rech the cap, 1 leveling zone to do for gold or fun, and an old world full of new quests to do for fun if you don't want to re-roll. The PVP zone is also a daily quest hub like Isle of Quel'Danas.

Saving dev time is a no brainer. But spending more time in each zone is helpful for world pvp and enjoying the content.
I wasn't even counting Crystalsong. There was Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly hills, Zul'drak, Sholazar Basin, Icecrown and Storm Peaks and Wintergrasp. There's only like 5 zones in Cataclysm other than the goblin/worgen zones which don't count anymore than the DK starting zone does.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about what the devs spend time on, they are insanely rich already

Angry Grimace said:
I wasn't even counting Crystalsong. There was Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly hills, Zul'drak, Sholazar Basin, Icecrown and Storm Peaks and Wintergrasp. There's only like 5 zones in Cataclysm other than the goblin/worgen zones which don't count anymore than the DK starting zone does.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about what the devs spend time on, they are insanely rich already

Not sure if I get what you're trying to say mate?
Your dissapointed that you get 5 zones instead of 10?

I think quality shall be the the ultimate defacto IMO! I wonder - How many raids and 5 Mans does Cata ship with compared to Wrath and BC? Is it almost half as many as those?

McNei1y

Alex said:
I can't believe how good all the new music is, or how much of it there is. It's always taking me off guard.

Agreed. So far the music is awesome. I was disappointed to see the Barrens music changed... but was pleasantly surprised that The Barrens music is now in Orgrimmar.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love the John J Kesshan chainquest in Redridge. :D Especially the part when he slowly put his headband. :lol

Alex said:
From the ones I did, Teldrissil was mostly tweaked and altered, Darkshroe was all new, Ashenvale was all new (cept the Dartol line), Westfall was all new, Desolace was a mix but I only did half (not the lush part, which is prob all new), WPL is all new.

On the subject of WPL, Zen'kiki is the best druid ever.
Yes!

Zen'tiki is hilarious. When he goes into kitty form I kept laughing at his emotes, or his moonfire spam in boomkin.

Meteorain

Recently re-subscribed to WoW after a short hiatus and in good time too (about 2 weeks go). The whole Azeroth changes and damn are the changes awesome. Not sure what the general consensus is, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the changes. Only really been faffing around in Eastern Kingdoms but shit is looking good.

Really been enjoying myself with some mates going through all the Vanilla instances (as an Undead Lock). Leveling at the moment is insanely fast, but I don't care, it's ridiculously fun.

On the note of Zen'kiki. The fact that he is able to go into acquatic form whilst on land is a testament to how powerful a druid he is!

Dual spec now 10g and at 25......oh man I feel for those guys who spent 1000's of g on different characters.

All I'm waiting on now is to finally down the damn LK and start leveling a Gobbo Warrior!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Meteorain said:
Recently re-subscribed to WoW after a short hiatus and in good time too (about 2 weeks go). The whole Azeroth changes and damn are the changes awesome. Not sure what the general consensus is, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the changes. Only really been faffing around in Eastern Kingdoms but shit is looking good.

Really been enjoying myself with some mates going through all the Vanilla instances (as an Undead Lock). Leveling at the moment is insanely fast, but I don't care, it's ridiculously fun.

On the note of Zen'kiki. The fact that he is able to go into acquatic form whilst on land is a testament to how powerful a druid he is!

Dual spec now 10g and at 25......oh man I feel for those guys who spent 1000's of g on different characters.

All I'm waiting on now is to finally down the damn LK and start leveling a Gobbo Warrior!
Isn't it level 40 for 100g

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Again... you didn't need to do both starter zones or Icecrown. 6 zones to get to cap, 2 to do at 80 or never.

For cat there's 4 zones to get to cap, 1 starter zone to do at 85, and a a lot of new quests in all the old world zones. 85's still benefit from low level quests between experience gold and just doing them.

They want people to spend more time in the new zones, do them all, and have people go back to the old zones. They always nerf the experience needed when a new expansion comes. Most alts and new people will never do Storm peaks or Icecrown just like no one does Netherstorm, SMV or BEM. It's wasted dev time to promit skipable zones.

I'm sorry, but it's smart of them to put effort into old world instead of another zone or two that would be skipped to get to 90. Attracting new players and old players to old world.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:

Somebody call GAF Support, Angry Grimace's account has been hacked by J-Rez :lol

In other news... Silverpine... WOW. Just finished it, all in one sitting. I couldn't stop. VERY impressive, I hope more zones got this kind of treatment (I know they probably didn't though).

Great stuff... really.

colinp said:
Also, is it bad form to beg in the cities? :D
Absolutely. You can get money really quickly just by questing now.

colinp

Banned
Anyone horde on Caelestrasz that wants to donate some g to my "WoW newb fund"?

Also, is it bad form to beg in the cities? :D

Danoss

Some of us from AusGAF are on Caelestrasz horde, though it's quiet until the Cataclysm launch. I'd invite you and lend a hand but I'll be away until next weekend.

zlatko

Banned
kai3345 said:
Fuck.

I just got an email from blizzard today saying that someone wanted to change the email associated with my battle.net account. I replied to the official email listed on Blizz's support page, incase the email was fake.

But if it is real then this means that someone has access to my email address, which is a lot bigger than someone compromising my WoW account.

Ugh

This is strange. I got an email earlier today from Blizzard as well telling me my account might be compromised and to change my password...so I did. It also told me to run anti virus stuff, and said I should probably change my email password too.

I changed my battle net pass, and left it at that...

Coeliacus

Just started a Troll druid the other day after having not really played much since BC. Last time I played a druid in retail, they had specific items that raised attack power for them. Does weapon DPS translate to damage now?

So far I've gone from Durotar -> North Barrens -> Ashenvale and I'm almost level 30. Leveling is so fast... no complaints there but I'm missing the new lowbie Azshara and Silverpine.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
colinp said:
Ah ok, so I'm a lvl 10 Tauren. Where should I be questing to make money quickly at this point?
I have no idea how much gold people make from 1-58 or 60 from quests alone, but you won't struggle at all. You can pick and choose the zones you want to do, but it's designed in a way where a potential zone is next to the one you're in. X zone may have a more impressive quest storyline, and X zone may look better.

Outlands (58), Northrend ,and the new 80 zones will be a ton of money, thousands, and it's basically a linear progression.

You'll continue to make thousands easily with professions, dungeons, and dailies at 85.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What are the best zones to do as Horde?

Zones I know will be great:
Azshara(10-20)
Silverpine(10-20)
Ashenvale(20-25)
STV(25-35)
1k Needles(40-45)

Zones I've always liked:
North Barrens (10-20)
South Barrens (30-35)
Un'Goro(50-55)

Zones I liked before the shattering that fill in the missing level ranges. Excluding 55-60.:
Feralas (35-40)
tanaris(45-50)

It sounds like you could get to 58 in the zones I listed as great + instances.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Retro said:
Somebody call GAF Support, Angry Grimace's account has been hacked by J-Rez :lol

In other news... Silverpine... WOW. Just finished it, all in one sitting. I couldn't stop. VERY impressive, I hope more zones got this kind of treatment (I know they probably didn't though).

Great stuff... really.

Absolutely. You can get money really quickly just by questing now.

I did Westfall & Redridge today, they were pretty good! I don't know how they compare to Silverpine since i havent done it yet, but the whole Defias questchain in Westfall and the John J. Kesshan questchain in Redridge were entertaining.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What JC skill and character level will I need to be able to buy and resell Chimera's Eye? I don't plan to level my 80 JC toon right away.

DeathNote said:
What are the best zones to do as Horde?

Zones I know will be great:
Azshara(10-20)
Silverpine(10-20)
Ashenvale(20-25)
STV(25-35)
1k Needles(40-45)

Zones I've always liked:
North Barrens (10-20)
South Barrens (30-35)
Un'Goro(50-55)

Zones I liked before the shattering that fill in the missing level ranges. Excluding 55-60.:
Feralas (35-40)
tanaris(45-50)

It sounds like you could get to 58 in the zones I listed as great + instances.

Go to badlands at 45 so you can punch Deathwing in the mouth (literally).

colinp

Banned
Ok, I'm about to head to Silverpine. Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Danoss said:
Some of us from AusGAF are on Caelestrasz horde, though it's quiet until the Cataclysm launch. I'd invite you and lend a hand but I'll be away until next weekend.

Nice to hear there are some GAFers around. No worries about this weekend, maybe the next we can do something.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:

I "discussed" this months ago, and people said I was being too hard on poor Blizzard. I can understand them trying to force World PVP to happen, but to "save dev time" is insane. Like you said, I've been saying, they make easily an epic fuckton of money a year off this game after expenses as it was shown in their earning reports. As the game gets more popular, as the userbase grows, so should the amount of content. Now we have less "leveling zones" from 80-85 already, which doesn't bode well.

"Spending more time enjoying the zones" is something that Blizzard themselves would say. Naw, all it's going to do is make questing a massive pita battling for mobs, which is going to inspire a lot of ganking on PVP servers in their hopes to side track players, distract them from noticing the lack of new zones to explore.

Now, my concerns will be end game. The amount of dungeons, the quality of them, the amount of raids, and of course the quality of said raids AT LAUNCH. And I don't want to see numbers (which I believe they said they couldn't get as much of it ready in time) total of them alone, I need to experience them. So I guess it's off to the waiting game, in which there's not much time to go yet.

But there better be a real balance between new 80-endgame content and 1-60 content. If they riped us off on 80-endgame content and throw out an excuse, "we redid the whole 1-60 though guyz", that won't sit well at all to many people as it's bullshit. I say this because I've now read numerous posts by Blues that said you should basically "reroll and enjoy the vanilla experience again"!

Like I said, time will tell. I have my PTO days off scheduled, I'm ready to see what they put the time and effort into and leave Northrend behind.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I "discussed" this months ago, and people said I was being too hard on poor Blizzard. I can understand them trying to force World PVP to happen, but to "save dev time" is insane. Like you said, I've been saying, they make easily an epic fuckton of money a year off this game after expenses as it was shown in their earning reports. As the game gets more popular, as the userbase grows, so should the amount of content. Now we have less "leveling zones" from 80-85 already, which doesn't bode well.

"Spending more time enjoying the zones" is something that Blizzard themselves would say. Naw, all it's going to do is make questing a massive pita battling for mobs, which is going to inspire a lot of ganking on PVP servers in their hopes to side track players, distract them from noticing the lack of new zones to explore.

Now, my concerns will be end game. The amount of dungeons, the quality of them, the amount of raids, and of course the quality of said raids AT LAUNCH. And I don't want to see numbers (which I believe they said they couldn't get as much of it ready in time) total of them alone, I need to experience them. So I guess it's off to the waiting game, in which there's not much time to go yet.

But there better be a real balance between new 80-endgame content and 1-60 content. If they riped us off on 80-endgame content and throw out an excuse, "we redid the whole 1-60 though guyz", that won't sit well at all to many people as it's bullshit. I say this because I've now read numerous posts by Blues that said you should basically "reroll and enjoy the vanilla experience again"!

Like I said, time will tell. I have my PTO days off scheduled, I'm ready to see what they put the time and effort into and leave Northrend behind.
5 zones is a good number based on data form the past few years. i.e. tons of people only doing 4 out of 7 zones in Outland. The community screwed you not blizzard.

The way the game is.. old and new players want to get to the cap fast. When you cut experience needed, you also cut people doing zones. Knowing people will skip zones increases motivation to recycle the tired quest formulas. From the videos I've see, the quests look really awesome and unique in the new zones. I'd rather have awesome quests for 5 zones, than awesome things spread out thin with a lot of tired filler quests.

As far as "they have a lot of money and should hire people" argument... I reserve that criticism for things like not letting us do cross realm heirloom transfer over an extra zone. 1 year ago they said they didn't have the means to do it yet.

Edit: Also, you don't have to re-roll. Quests are quests. If you want more, you can do the new low level ones in changes zones.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I understand the complaints leveled at Blizzard for apparently never putting their money's worth into the game, but what are you supposed to do? Hire 100 more people to overload the game with new crap, only to let them loose after an expansion hits? It's not a sound business tactic whatsoever and it's the reason why the complainers don't work in the hierarchy of Blizzard.

Way I see it, Orgrimmar and Stormwind have received huge facelifts which is unanimously welcomed on my realm. I've enjoyed leveling once more in WoW due to the changes around the various zones, some of which are completely redone. As for 80+ content, I'm wondering if I'll see all of the zones or not; on my Druid and Shaman together, I never touched Shadowmoon Valley/Netherstorm in Outland, nor Storm Peaks/Icecrown. That's 2 zones from each continent that I never quested in. I wouldn't be surprised if I hit the leveling cap before I even leave the 3rd 80+ zone, meaning that I miss out again on more content which I frankly don't give a shit about because hitting the level cap is one of the biggest points of the game.

In other news. Blizzard decided to take a nod to one of the more infamous RPers on my realm. In-game NPC and the character it is based upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom