• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Assuming it still works, There's a new goblin rep exploit.

Normal mode pit of saron in a group. Keep the last boss alive for a few hours, perhaps with a warlock pet tank, while you kill the adds.

notworksafe

IMO just run Wrath heroics with the Thanksgiving buff. It's really fast as far as rep gain. Nexus, Gundrak, and POS are very good. HOR is terrible though. Lich King doesn't give any rep at all. :mad:

notworksafe

You mean Friendly. You don't start Neutral with City Factions.

For me, it was super fast. About an hour of questing in Tanaris and Azshara and maybe 2.5-3 hours of dungeoning as Prot.

Atomski

Its drivin me crazy how everyone rerolled Horde. My current server is 17% alliance. They use to out number us back in the day. Now pvp ques are awful and we get like 10 alliance in wg.

I keep trying to convince my friends to reroll alliance so we can enjoy pvp at 85 but they are having non of it. They seem to think Worgen will be enough to bring alliance population back.

I doubt it..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
You mean Friendly. You don't start Neutral with City Factions.

For me, it was super fast. About an hour of questing in Tanaris and Azshara and maybe 2.5-3 hours of dungeoning as Prot.
An hour longer + gold + jp vs unoffucial feat of strength.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Atomski said:
Its drivin me crazy how everyone rerolled Horde. My current server is 17% alliance. They use to out number us back in the day. Now pvp ques are awful and we get like 10 alliance in wg.

I keep trying to convince my friends to reroll alliance so we can enjoy pvp at 85 but they are having non of it. They seem to think Worgen will be enough to bring alliance population back.

I doubt it..
Bg queues are region wide.

DeathNote said:
Assuming it still works, There's a new goblin rep exploit.

Normal mode pit of saron in a group. Keep the last boss alive for a few hours, perhaps with a warlock pet tank, while you kill the adds.

Do you mean Forge of Souls? Or another boss in PoS? Scourgelord Tyrannus is the last boss and he doesn't spawn any adds, unless you mean the ones in the gauntlet.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
An hour longer + gold + jp vs unoffucial feat of strength.
Heck at the end of both methods you get the Exalted so whatever works. I just liked the extra JP (I'm now almost at cap) and gold (now at 15k).

Alex

The mount takes 2 months of sub (free month not included) on the recruited account. Although, I think it technically just boils down to one since you get a free month from it on your veteran account.

I perpetually play in a duo, so I'd be all over it if the mount was account wide like that ugly ass horse and not one character.

Alex

That Paladin Elekk is freaking awesome looking. I didn't expect it to be so different.

I've yet to see the new Kodo yet, is it kind of the same deal where it just looks different all around?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Atomski said:
Wowrealms shows 60% Horde to 40% alliance for me.
Where does it say Alliance outnumber Horde region wide 60% to 40%?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php
US + Euro 80-80: 53% Alliance, 47% Horde
All US 80-80: 54% Alliance, 46% Horde
All Euro 80-80: 53% Alliance, 47% Horde

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
US 10-80: A-1,528,904 (54%); H- 1,285,365 (46%)
EU 10-80: A-1,260,465 (53%); H-1,098,483 (47%)

But the data on this website is crap IMO. It lists servers with 0 and 100 active horde or alliance.

Alex

Warcraft Realms is really inaccurate, yeah. Their tool is good for doing personal detective work, though.

Atomski

DeathNote said:
Where does it say Alliance outnumber Horde region wide 60% to 40%?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php
US + Euro 80-80: 53% Alliance, 47% Horde
All US 80-80: 54% Alliance, 46% Horde
All Euro 80-80: 53% Alliance, 47% Horde

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
US 10-80: A-1,528,904 (54%); H- 1,285,365 (46%)
EU 10-80: A-1,260,465 (53%); H-1,098,483 (47%)

But the data on this website is crap IMO. It lists servers with 0 and 100 active horde or alliance.

Well maybe your right. It showed different under the census part. I wish blizz would just be open about this stuff. I want to be able to pick a balanced server.

Edit: oh mine was only PVP servers. thats why its 60 to 40 :p

colinp

Banned
I leveled 10 to 18 in Silverpine last night and it was pretty fantastic. Love the
drunk orc sailors
, among other great things. I took a break to explore and visit Booty Bay and Gadgetzan, but will probably finish up the area today.

And, I am glad to say some mats in the Auction House are selling and I am starting to make (a bit) of monkey. Woohooo!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Atomski said:
Well maybe your right. It showed different under the census part. I wish blizz would just be open about this stuff. I want to be able to pick a balanced server.
Yes please.

Unless there are bugs, I guess you should be able to log on an any 80 alliance and 80 horde to moniter queue times for a few weeks. I guess you could conclude which faction queues more on average.

Oh, by the way, If horde DO outnumber alliance, alliance would mathematically get better random BG queues :p Every single alliance would be wanted. Horde would have overflow.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Done some BG queue testing...

Alliance random 70-79 1st attempt: 1 min wait
Alliance random 70-79 2nd attempt: 1 min wait

Horde random 70-79 1st attempt: 3 min wait
Horde random 70-79 2nd attempt: 3 min wait

Horde 80 Mal'Ganis random 1st attempt: 8 min
Horde 80 Mal'Ganis random 2nd attempt: 8 min

Horde 80 Akama random 1st attempt: 8 min
Horde 80 Akama random 2nd attempt: 8 min

Alliance 80 random: ?

If your queue is longer than 8 min in USA, there should be more alliance wanting to pvp at 7:30 EST :p

Chris R

rhfb said:
If I were to buy that 5$ vanilla pack to just use it for a month of play time (enough to get to 60 and see all the shit they did to the old world, ect) What class would people suggest? Here is a history list of my leveled characters so you can get an idea of what to not suggest!

Vanilla:
Shaman -> 60
Rogue -> 60

TBC: (new account)
Druid -> 70

WotLK: (new account)
Mage -> 80
Shaman -> 80
Warrior -> 80
Priest -> 80
(pally/hunter/druid) -> 35

I'm thinking a warlock or paladin, but would be up for pretty much anything that isn't a shaman or mage. Priest wasn't much fun either (but then again maybe that has changed). Currently doing a trial where I have a rogue and 1-10 sucked ass, but as soon as talents were unlocked it was a whole different game :lol
Last chance!

Also probably going to play Alliance (non NE) since I've been horde forever :lol

Atomski

Hopefully the que times will be even better at 85 when people are active again. I am still worried the Wintergrasp like new stuff in the expansion though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just discovered some BG changes...

*Arathi Basic level 10. (confirmed by me in game)
*EoTS at level 30. (confirmed by me in game)
*AV at level 40 supposedly.

*Brackets cut in half. (confirmed by me in game)
10-14
15-19
etc.

edit: i guess it was an unannounced change for a few days

Sober

notworksafe said:
It's a pretty sweet looking mount., I think.
I personally like the Elekk much more, but I went BE, so I'll just use my Argent Tournament Charger.

I kinda hate it, but you know it's the end of the expansion and people want to grind the crap out of bligewater rep when I need to swap half my DPS gear in it so it doesn't take forever to tank a heroic.

Tiny Abom and Death's Choice for tanks ftw

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
Yeah at the top of the last page I broke down the major steps you need to take right away.

I emptied out my email, changed the password on it, ran spyware while WoW was up,(which found nothing on my PC), and looked into this dial-in authenticator.

I'll wait till Blizz emails me back about the account restore and such, and once they do add in the dial-in authenticator. Is that the best way to go or is there a better one to use ?

Edit: Ended up adding the dial-in authenticator a few minutes ago. Surprised how easy it was. Blizzard is always on step ahead of a lot of devs by being awesome. :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Even without my heirloom shoulders & chest, I still lvl too fast in a single zone if i do every quests. :( I end up in another zone and i already see green quests. All that with no instances yet.

notworksafe

zlatko said:
I emptied out my email, changed the password on it, ran spyware while WoW was up,(which found nothing on my PC), and looked into this dial-in authenticator.

I'll wait till Blizz emails me back about the account restore and such, and once they do add in the dial-in authenticator. Is that the best way to go or is there a better one to use ?

Edit: Ended up adding the dial-in authenticator a few minutes ago. Surprised how easy it was. Blizzard is always on step ahead of a lot of devs by being awesome. :)
Dial in Authenticator is good for most people. It's not as secure as a physical or mobile Authenticator, but it works. If you have an iDevice or Android device I recommend adding the free Mobile Authenticator.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
notworksafe said:
Dial in Authenticator is good for most people. It's not as secure as a physical or mobile Authenticator, but it works. If you have an iDevice or Android device I recommend adding the free Mobile Authenticator.
I have the Java Authenticator on my Nokia. It might be worth a look if your phone is compatible, should be a long list.

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:

I also just realized how this could have happened which is my anti-virus McAfee that came installed on PC ran out a while back.

What's the best free anti-virus to go with ? I'll get that DLeded and have it run to see if it catches anything while WoW is running, because Windows Defender might have missed something.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
zlatko said:
I also just realized how this could have happened which is my anti-virus McAfee that came installed on PC ran out a while back.

What's the best free anti-virus to go with ? I'll get that DLeded and have it run to see if it catches anything while WoW is running, because Windows Defender might have missed something.
I like a combination of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. First is very discrete and the latter is very, very thorough.

Dingalinga-26! On to the Arathi Highlands.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they improved the amount AND respawn of veins in the old world? I swear, i find tin veins all over the place in northern STV.

zlatko

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
I like a combination of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. First is very discrete and the latter is very, very thorough.

Dingalinga-26! On to the Arathi Highlands.

Thank you. :) Going to use both and hopefully they find w/e was used to get into my WoW account.

Weenerz

Banned
DeathNote said:
This new exploit takes 2.5 hours neutral to exalted. 1 honored to exalted.

What new exploit? I want to level factions quicker :p

Also, got to exalted with Goblins on my 52 tauren paladin. hurray!

t0kg9j.jpg

Weenerz said:
What new exploit? I want to level factions quicker :p

Also, got to exalted with Goblins on my 52 tauren paladin. hurray!

On the last boss of Pit of Saron adds spawn from near the tunnel entrance that you can kill over and over as long as Tyrannus is alive.

What's better is that as long as whomever gets the mark debuff keeps attacking something, Tyrannus will heal, letting you farm rep from the adds until you are bored.

I did this for around a half hour and wanted to shoot myself in the face.

I still prefer farming heroics. As boring as they are, at least you get gold and JP from them. This might not be a big deal to someone with one character at JP cap, but I have a few alts I need to stock JP up on, so it worked out okay.

Okay please pardon my ignorance:

I bought this at Gamestop for $5, it's installed but now it says "the patch failed to install, try reinstalling or contact blizzard CS"

GAF help!

(Sorry for the offtopic question)

so dread pirate ring + 2 xp bonus heirlooms + 2 heirloom health trinkets.

I'd imagine leveling would be pretty fast with all that?

I knew winning both finishing comps twice was worth it.

Narag

Dread Pirate Ring is one of my favorite items and yes, levelling flies. Probably even moreso now with the revised questing paths.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bisnic said:
Even without my heirloom shoulders & chest, I still lvl too fast in a single zone if i do every quests. :( I end up in another zone and i already see green quests. All that with no instances yet.
Yeah, reason why I won't put heirlooms on my Paladin. I did a few instances to get the quests and I'm already pushing through certain areas. I guess heirlooms are best used when you're leveling up a lot of alts and know about all the quests previously.

Bisnic said:
Did they improved the amount AND respawn of veins in the old world? I swear, i find tin veins all over the place in northern STV.
Some zones are absolutely filled to the brim with herbs and veins. Northern STV is literally Kingsblood world, and there were moments in Southern STV where there was 5-6 herbs in one gathering area. Was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom