• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
By what data? The only source I found, warcraft relams ,says there is more active alliance.
People tend to just assume that everyone is like them and what they've observed. True story.

You'd be surprised at the number of people here in California that literally cannot comprehend that Republicans exist in the country, or that anything not on a coast exists.

FeD.nL

So i've leveled my 40 blood elf warlock thru some of the new zones and I have to give it to blizzard, well done. Started out in 1k needles and I really enjoyed myself, so much even I didnt really played to level but because I was so actively engaged in all the storylines.

After that I went to Tanaris, some good quests, some fun quests and an epic starship troopers reference (love that movie). Though I didn't get to see the 'end' of the zone because I couldn't finish a quest which had me going to uldum, instantly teleporting me out. So then I was off to un'goro. Quests there still mostly involve alot of killing but it was also my first experience with the 'quest discovered'-mechaninc, really loving that because for me it was an extra incentive to explore all caves etc. The conclusion of the zone (atleast for me because one quest was bugged and didnt allow me to move that questline with the flowers forward) was extremely funny and satisfying, Maximilian of Northshire must be my new favorite npc in the game :lol
(seriously though, the final quest of his chain has you sitting on the back of his pony, throwing rocks to a T-Rex. What follows you will have to experience for yourself)

Then it was off to winterspring. I didn't experience alot of the zones because the quests just stopped. But I did get to enjoy some, once again, great written quests. I loved the one were you were given a quest by each of the three generations of Highborne (> High Elf > Blood Elf) but once again there wasn't really a good conclusion to that storyline, in my opinion. The quest were you had to get materials for npc's so they could brag against eachother who is the best was really funny though. So then I talked to the inn keep and decided to do the quest to go to the blasted lands.

Wow, what blizzard did with that zone is absolutely incredible. Some really great quests with really great conclusions. The flow of the whole zone is just as great as in 1k needles but each storyline has this epic feel to it. To give you a few examples
Hiding in a box to get past npc's metal gear style, resurrecting a Demon Hunter at the Alter of storms and help him defeat a demon atop of a mountain, saving murlocs who are being exiled from their homes by naga, finding out who's behind the tainted forest.

It really shows how far along blizzard has come in these six years. And it assures me that wow isn't going to end anytime soon. I'd say 20 million subs here we come.

The joys of dungeon finder. Came into a group with a healing druid in feral gear in BRD. After the tank rushed ahead and got himself killed, the group disintegrated. Requeued and got into a better group but with a fury tank. He didn't reply when we asked why he was in fury spec and gear, so we kicked him. Finally got a good paladin tank and cleared pretty much the entire place. The quests really help structure up this place, and the map is very useful. Got all the way to Thaurissan without much problem (although there was some drama - isn't it okay to roll on the relic if you have no relic at all, even if it's offspec?). Then we backtracked to do Heart of the Mountain and get to the Black Anvil. The mage dropped after the Heart, and the tank was shoved into the lava and left. I put on my shield and 1H and tanked the boss with only three people.

Some new gear, two levels and BRD taken care of, in about 2 hours. Not bad.

Majine

Banned
Went back to my Resto Druid, and I gotta say they did go the right route with making Tree of Life form a timed skill instead of "permanent", and instead pimped the look of it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
SiegfriedFM said:
The joys of dungeon finder. Came into a group with a healing druid in feral gear in BRD. After the tank rushed ahead and got himself killed, the group disintegrated. Requeued and got into a better group but with a fury tank. He didn't reply when we asked why he was in fury spec and gear, so we kicked him. Finally got a good paladin tank and cleared pretty much the entire place.
If it's any consolation, I tanked a Blackfathom Deeps run with a Ret Paladin as the healer.. who was actually helping DPS the mobs :lol

SiegfriedFM said:
(although there was some drama - isn't it okay to roll on the relic if you have no relic at all, even if it's offspec?).

There isn't a standard rule about that, but personally I'd say let the class have it that it was designed for, and try to wait for something somewhat suited to your spec.

You wouldn't roll Need on something for your offspec if someone in the group needed it for their current spec, right? I feel like it's the same principle, probably even more so since you are kind of wasting the relic by using it with a spec that it doesn't fit. The small benefit you'd get for adding the wrong stats where you have no stats is outweighed by the fact that the relic would do a lot more good for the other guy.

colinp said:
What's the likelihood I'd be able to find Cataclysm collector's edition in brick and mortar stores on the 7th?

I just checked their website and Best Buy has it available for preorder to be picked up in-store on release date.

Even if you don't preorder, you could probably still walk into Best Buy and get it on release date. I typically find that they have a bunch of the deluxe editions of games on the shelf even when Amazon and Gamestop sell out their preorders.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
notworksafe said:
Gorilla mobs have always dropped barrels as loot too, fwiw. :lol

Yeah, i know the gorillas in Ungoro drop barrels. But that's the first time i see one actually using a barrel. :lol

Maybe someone here can help me with this. I got the email yesterday about gifting WoW to friends at reduced prices. So I tried to gift classic WoW, but during the purchase process I never got the option to mark it as a gift. I do have a gamecode/key now, can I just email this to the recipient who will be able to redeem it in her battle.net account?

Lumine

As a lv15 druid specced into feral, I should still be fine to queue as a healer in dungeon finder, right? Around what level will I find my healing to be too gimped for dungeons without actually speccing into it?

Rapstah

Lumine said:
As a lv15 druid specced into feral, I should still be fine to queue as a healer in dungeon finder, right? Around what level will I find my healing to be too gimped for dungeons without actually speccing into it?
As long as you can live without the free spell you get from speccing into the healing tree and have decent mana regen, you could theoretically heal all the way to 80 like that. At some point you'll meet stubborn people not interested in letting you succeed though.

Lumine

Ah thanks, but at a certain point I would at least have to be geared towards healing though right? I doubt the couple of points in INT on my current level gear will have much of an impact, but at level 30-40 or so I'll be able to be fully geared with lots of int on every piece. Eh, then again I can just dual-spec by then, so whatever. :p

Magnus

I went to grab dual spec on my alt lock yesterday, and it was 10g. Just 10 fuggin gold. Wow.

So yeah, at this point, I'd like to say there's really no excuse at all to have someone perform a role in the wrong spec. :lol

Anno

The new leveling speed in low-level content is very frustrating. I'm still 10 quests away from the Loch Modan achievement and I'm already almost level 20. I respecced to Restoration from Enhancement to at least make combat a little longer. I understand there's some way to turn off your experience - anyone know how? I'd like to go do the quests in Westfall and Darkshore and see what all is new.

Raiden

Banned
Anno said:
The new leveling speed in low-level content is very frustrating. I'm still 10 quests away from the Loch Modan achievement and I'm already almost level 20. I respecced to Restoration from Enhancement to at least make combat a little longer. I understand there's some way to turn off your experience - anyone know how? I'd like to go do the quests in Westfall and Darkshore and see what all is new.

Sounds great to me :D

eosos

Banned
Anyone want to do the recruit a friend thing? I'm trying to level a troll druid, So if there are any people out there who want to get into the game let me know!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anno said:

I agree, i would love to do most of the quests & at least run each instances once without lvling too fast... but i have to skip instances right now if i dont want to enter a new zone without being 3 lvls too high. :( All that without heirlooms gear with XP bonus.

I dunno, maybe after we have all done them dozen of times like the old quests, we will like the extra speed, but as of right now...i just wished they would nerf the xp from the quests a little, or boost the required xp for each level.

Then again, i like making alts. People who hate it probably loooove it right now.

By the way, the pirate invasion of Booty Bay is awesome. :p

There is too much awesome in the new 1-60 zones.

McNei1y

Man, I made a tauren pally because I wanted to experience the new zones... I'm already level 27 because of my heirlooms and I've skipped basically every zone. :lol

Heirlooms are so awesome but I don't want to miss out on the new stuff!! Anyone else having the same problem?

Bisnic said:
I agree, i would love to do most of the quests & at least run each instances once without lvling too fast... but i have to skip instances right now if i dont want to enter a new zone without being 3 lvls too high. :( All that without heirlooms gear with XP bonus.

I dunno, maybe after we have all done them dozen of times like the old quests, we will like the extra speed, but as of right now...i just wished they would nerf the xp from the quests a little, or boost the required xp for each level.

Then again, i like making alts. People who hate it probably loooove it right now.

By the way, the pirate invasion of Booty Bay is awesome. :p

There is too much awesome in the new 1-60 zones.

Didn't realize you guys were basically talking about the same thing. I enjoy making alts so I know I will continue. I already have 3 planned.

Anno said:

Well getting where you are doesn't take long at all, so why not go through those other zones with a new alt or two? It will only little longer to start a new character and you'll be gaining something while you are in those zones you want to see.

ACE 1991 said:
Cool. But is it actually interesting? This may have more to do with encounter design than class mechanics.
I'm starting to really love pally healing while leveling. I don't know anything about top end though.

But I've made macros on all of my healing spells so they check to see if I have a friendly targeted, if not, they cast on my focus (which I set as the tank). This way, I just run up into melee and judge and crusader strike my heart out, all the while healing the tank with word of glory and holy shock--holy light and divine light when they need it of course.

I love being at the bottom of the damage meters, but with something other than 0 dps. It's fun and funny. I also feel more like a bad ass being up in the faces of mobs. And having Aura Mastery (silence immunity on a cooldown, woot) makes it a little safer. I also have added protection in the talent that anytime I heal somebody else, it also heals me--so I can stay topped off despite AoE effects without any focus on myself.

Retro

McNei1y said:
Man, I made a tauren pally because I wanted to experience the new zones... I'm already level 27 because of my heirlooms and I've skipped basically every zone. :lol

Heirlooms are so awesome but I don't want to miss out on the new stuff!! Anyone else having the same problem?
I took my Cowadin to Silverpine as soon as I finished Mulgore (around level 10) and was level 23 when I set foot in Hillsbrad. I was wearing Heirlooms (Chest, Shoulders and Weapon only), but didn't do any PVP or Instances. Leveling is not a problem at all, and if anything, I worry it will be too fast.

The upside, of course, is that skipping zones on one character means getting a new experience on another alt :lol. I'll probably send an alt to North Barrens and keep Azshera for my Goblin.

McNei1y said:
I enjoy making alts so I know I will continue. I already have 3 planned.
I had a friend comment on how many alts I've been playing last night. I've got a Troll Druid, Tauren Paladin, Undead Rogue (Had to roll an undead after Silverpine but I hate how they look in plate) and I've got a Orc Warrior sitting for when my interest shifts.

Not to mention a Goblin Hunter I'm planning to roll... shit, next week.

For me, the endgame isn't where it's at anymore. I'm officially done with any kind of organized raiding, so for me High-level content is all about 5-mans and Heroics, which has always been my favorite part of WoW anyways. My Paladin main is the one I want to get achievements, mounts, pets, etc., so she'll always be on the front lines of stuff. Alts and stuff are just for fun, including PVP. Because I'm not trying to get anything special for them, I never spend time grinding rep, farming rare gear, or working on achievements.

Professions are a minor hangup, but since most of the people I play with have professions already, I'm also not afraid to delete them. In fact, my rogue is using the name of a former Level 71 Paladin (who had wrath-level enchanting) who was recently vaporized.

Is there a thanksgiving vendor in Dalaran? I want to make more of big feasts for the week, but I don't want to travel back to a capital.

Edit: Or I just won't get them because the event is over.

Anno

LaserBuddha said:
Well getting where you are doesn't take long at all, so why not go through those other zones with a new alt or two? It will only little longer to start a new character and you'll be gaining something while you are in those zones you want to see.

Oh, I'm sure I'll probably have an alt eventually. I'm traditionally more of a 1-character guy, though. Especially now that there are a billion achievements and every statistic is tracked. I'm a stupid achievement whore at heart and really want to get the Loremaster achievements. Plus I really like my Shaman. I tend to have a hard time finding a class I really like.

McNei1y

Retro said:
I took my Cowadin to Silverpine as soon as I finished Mulgore (around level 10) and was level 23 when I set foot in Hillsbrad. I was wearing Heirlooms (Chest, Shoulders and Weapon only), but didn't do any PVP or Instances. Leveling is not a problem at all, and if anything, I worry it will be too fast.

The upside, of course, is that skipping zones on one character means getting a new experience on another alt :lol. I'll probably send an alt to North Barrens and keep Azshera for my Goblin.

I had a friend comment on how many alts I've been playing last night. I've got a Troll Druid, Tauren Paladin, Undead Rogue (Had to roll an undead after Silverpine but I hate how they look in plate) and I've got a Orc Warrior sitting for when my interest shifts.

Not to mention a Goblin Hunter I'm planning to roll... shit, next week.

For me, the endgame isn't where it's at anymore. I'm officially done with any kind of organized raiding, so for me High-level content is all about 5-mans and Heroics, which has always been my favorite part of WoW anyways. My Paladin main is the one I want to get achievements, mounts, pets, etc., so she'll always be on the front lines of stuff. Alts and stuff are just for fun, including PVP. Because I'm not trying to get anything special for them, I never spend time grinding rep, farming rare gear, or working on achievements.

Professions are a minor hangup, but since most of the people I play with have professions already, I'm also not afraid to delete them. In fact, my rogue is using the name of a former Level 71 Paladin (who had wrath-level enchanting) who was recently vaporized.

This is all true. I did do BFD at 24 and I gained three levels thanks to the instance itself and 4 quests inside (while wearing heirlooms) so I basically skipped all of Ashenvale in one run. I took off my heirlooms and I am in northern stranglethorn now. I may put them on to boost my xp a bit but I may stay away from instances until I hit 40.

I have so many more alts planned. Tauren druid soon, goblin shammy, worgen warlock, Undead rogue/mage, orc mage/rouge. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom