• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

You as a level 10 is not a weak link. The first time player as level 10 could be a weak link. Blizzard is stopping the chance of a group getting matched with someone like that through the random system, but not eliminating it entirely by still allowing a player to walk into the dungeon if their group wants to run with them.

Basically they are saying "You are considered too low for this dungeon, but if you can find a group to run with you go right ahead".

Weenerz said:
Hit Wal-Mart at midnight and hope they have collector's editions avaliable.

This is an option, but not an easy one for me since I have to take a bus to get there and back to campus (and late at night, the buses run less frequently.)

Think I've decided that I'll just rush to get to the shopping center where the Best Buy is early, check there first, Meijer just to the right of that if I'm out of luck at Best Buy, and then there's at least a Walmart across the street to check as well (and a Target it seems) if I have no luck at the previous two.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
I don't know why you keep ignoring the state of low level instances. A level 10 is not a weak link in rage fire chasm.
Who cares about Ragefire Chasm?

AFKevin

Neo Member
For those leveling in Badlands, don't take the Flight Path from Stormwind > Badlands. It makes you go all the way around up to Eastern Plaguelands then randomly drops you in a lvl25 zone. Can't remember the name of the zone you drop into, as this is from memory from last night.

Sucks when i went back for new spells then tried to continue questing. I just exited the game for the night.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
You as a level 10 is not a weak link. The first time player as level 10 could be a weak link. Blizzard is stopping the chance of a group getting matched with someone like that through the random system, but not eliminating it entirely by still allowing a player to walk into the dungeon if their group wants to run with them.

Basically they are saying "You are considered too low for this dungeon, but if you can find a group to run with you go right ahead".
Right now a newb tank and healer can do Wailing Caverns or Deadmines as their first instance. That's a worse idea than letting or forcing level 10's experience the easier RFC first. A month ago RFC was level 13-15 with a level 8 minimum.

Angry Grimace said:
Who cares about Ragefire Chasm?
I happen to have 6 level 10's I don't want to level to 15 just to test in the dungeons. If someone wants to go out of the way to argue, and if I have a valid point, I'll argue back and make it.

I just posted this in the Shattering thread, but I'm posting it here too. It really bugs me that after implementing these things in old world content, they didn't go and add:

-Flight path markers to the Outland/Northrend maps
-Quest givers at the entrances of lvl 60-80 dungeons

DeathNote said:
Right now a newb tank and healer can do Wailing Caverns or Deadmines as their first instance. That's a worse idea than letting or forcing level 10's experience the easier RFC first. A month ago RFC was level 13-15 with a level 8 minimum.

No one gives a shit. Except you. Your complaining is almost as bad as J-rzez's constant crying.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
No one gives a shit. Except you. Your complaining is almost as bad as J-rzez's constant crying.
My original post was a short comment that could have been ignored. But I'll argue a valid point if I have it as long as people keep arguing back in snobbish and overly aggressive tones.

notworksafe

Sorry, I can't help but respond to what I see as needless crying. I apologize for interrupting your tear-stained pillow party.

Blizzard has previously stated why the levels of the starter dungeons have changed. It's to stop more tears from Alliance who don't want to run to Org in order to run a dungeon at a low level.

LowParry

I will say, happy I got out of old world just in time before the instance exp nerf happened. :lol Level 74 with 2 days 13 hours played.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:

I happen to have 6 level 10's I don't want to level to 15 just to test in the dungeons. If someone wants to go out of the way to argue, and if I have a valid point, I'll argue back and make it.
It takes like 90 minutes to go from level 10-15 and RFC is literally the only dungeon under that level.

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
My original post was a short comment that could have been ignored. But I'll argue a valid point if I have it as long as people keep arguing back in snobbish and overly aggressive tones.

You have to watch what you say about Blizzard. That's all the advice I'm going to give you. That and develop thick skin. People "try to go so low" as calling you a bad player, and your guild shit based on your opinions remember. And don't let people try to talk you down either. You don't have to like everything, nor the majority of what Blizzard does.

On that note, I couldn't give a shit about the old world 1-60 nonsense. I have enough alts that are 80. I just want my money's worth from the new 80-85 and endgame content.

Less than a week away for the moment of truth. :lol

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
A week plus a few days sir. You know you won't be able to reliably log in once the xpac hits.

See, I can complain about Blizzard's bad practice just as much as anyone. I can see they aren't perfect but I also reserve the right to mock what I see as silly complaints. I won't stop anyone from justifying their position if it makes sense. I also think that it is important to consider the wide player base before complaining about an issue that only affect you or a few other people.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
You have to watch what you say about Blizzard. That's all the advice I'm going to give you. That and develop thick skin. People "try to go so low" as calling you a bad player, and your guild shit based on your opinions remember. And don't let people try to talk you down either. You don't have to like everything, nor the majority of what Blizzard does.

On that note, I couldn't give a shit about the old world 1-60 nonsense. I have enough alts that are 80. I just want my money's worth from the new 80-85 and endgame content.

I like how you're laying to ground for a flood of whining by preemptively declaring you don't give a shit about the old world, which is like 60% of the expansion.

notworksafe said:
A week plus a few days sir. You know you won't be able to reliably log in once the xpac hits.

I had no issues at all logging in and playing when Wrath launched.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Prepare for the 20-40 minute A52 queues. It's going to be
not
fun.
EI was just as full as A52; the queues don't make it unplayable. Just full for a while.

notworksafe said:
Prepare for the 20-40 minute A52 queues. It's going to be
not
fun.
My wife already a 78 minute queue time for A52 a few nights ago :lol. She had just upgraded from a trial to a full account so we could reap the RAF benefits.

notworksafe

Yeah I remember you talking about that in gchat (that was you, right?). That was really wack. Did she have to quit and restart or did she get in eventually? I remember it being odd because other people were able to log in while she was still in a queue. :lol

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I like how you're laying to ground for a flood of whining by preemptively declaring you don't give a shit about the old world, which is like 60% of the expansion.

Just so that 40% of endgame is Ulduar quality then I don't care, I'll be happy with it. But if they pull any Naxx 2.0, bare-bones ToC, mediocre ICC content droughts, and LawlRS, I'll be pissed.

The beginning of a xpac usually keeps me content though, outside of Naxx. I'll have some new raids, the need to grind out gear/professions/rep/points, new PVP stuff... that'll keep me occupied. It only really-really grinds my gears when content is burnt out.

notworksafe said:
Yeah I remember you talking about that in gchat (that was you, right?). That was really wack. Did she have to quit and restart or did she get in eventually? I remember it being odd because other people were able to log in while she was still in a queue. :lol
Yup, that was me in gchat. She restarted a few times and I told her just to let it be. I timed it from there and was 78 minutes from there.

But yeah, I'm fully prepared for legit queue times next week.

Why would you even level from 10-15 in a Dungeon? All of the updated 10-20 zones are awesome except for the somewhat lackluster Northern Barrens (and even that isn't horrible).

When did blizzard allow DK's to use the warglaives of azzinoth? Must have been a stealth update since I don't remember reading about it in patch notes.

MattPeters said:
When did blizzard allow DK's to use the warglaives of azzinoth? Must have been a stealth update since I don't remember reading about it in patch notes.

Oh snap. I just checked wowhead and it's true. Must've happened with 4.03a and wasn't publicized. Something else to work towards on my main!

Oh, and I'm feeling tempted to roll an alt on A52 now that it seems like half of GAF is there. I don't know what I'd play though. Couldn't make a DK because if I ever wanted to transfer my main, I'd have to delete the new one. Maybe a rogue? I think that's the only class I never played past 20, but I have a shiny new set of heirlooms for one on my home server.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hey all, just rolled my first Death Knight, which is the best specialization to pick? I am used to playing as a combat rogue for reference.

notworksafe

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Oh snap. I just checked wowhead and it's true. Must've happened with 4.03a and wasn't publicized. Something else to work towards on my main!

Oh, and I'm feeling tempted to roll an alt on A52 now that it seems like half of GAF is there. I don't know what I'd play though. Couldn't make a DK because if I ever wanted to transfer my main, I'd have to delete the new one. Maybe a rogue? I think that's the only class I never played past 20, but I have a shiny new set of heirlooms for one on my home server.
The "One DK per server" only counts for creation, not transfer.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19820418944&sid=1#6
Please be aware that the restrictions placed upon Death Knights exists only for Death Knight character creation; once a Death Knight has been created, the character can be transferred as if it were any other character. This has been true since the Death Knight class was released. :)

I would still roll rogue (or any other class) however. You don't get the fun of leveling up in New Azeroth on a DK.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Fisticuffs said:
go 2h unholy!

That's what I did.

TBH I don't really know much about Death Knights, what stats to I gear towards? (Rogue was Agility/Stamina, etc). Also as Unholy, what is my main attack (like with a rogue I used Sinister Strike and Eviscerate).

Thanks

Alex

I am so glad Uelmen is gone. I know some people really like him, but man his WoW music was so bad. Going back through parts of BC now and the zones with his suites are just so fucking boring and bland and repetitive to listen to.

Still, he was gone for LK, and LK had plenty of boring music in it's zones as well, it's like Russel Brower just took over the whole gig in Cata or something because I've yet to hear barely any of the "atmospheric" droning that made me boot up winamp before

zlatko

Banned
So, quick few questions for when I start playing on the 7th for you guys. I'd ask in the WoW forums, but I like Gaf answers more.

I've finally decided that I will 100% roll a Wogren Warrior. I want to be a DD with it, but just curious how often they are expected to do anything else at high level instances i.e tank? Also, is there a "best" build for warriors who want to DD?

Thanks guys. :)

I finished off Azhara last night and I think I don't like Goblins. Going through the quests, just leaves me feeling like their lore is really lame. There's nothing magical or mysterious about them. They don't have anything to do with Elves or Titans. They're just a bunch of greedy little green guys from some island and are just there for comic relief.

J-Rzez

Deadly Cyclone said:
That's what I did.

TBH I don't really know much about Death Knights, what stats to I gear towards? (Rogue was Agility/Stamina, etc). Also as Unholy, what is my main attack (like with a rogue I used Sinister Strike and Eviscerate).

Thanks

While leveling, STR -> Hit/Stam -> Haste
End game, Hit -> STR -> Haste -> Crit

Um, as unholy, overall damage is Ghoul -> Scourge Strike -> DC when using 2h.

There really isn't a combo builder like a rogue with a DK. It's basically, get your diseases on something, don't let them fall off, and just smash Scourge Strike and Death Coil, with the occasional Festering Strike.

notworksafe

Oni Link 666 said:
I finished off Azhara last night and I think I don't like Goblins. Going through the quests, just leaves me feeling like their lore is really lame. There's nothing magical or mysterious about them. They don't have anything to do with Elves or Titans. They're just a bunch of greedy little green guys from some island and are just there for comic relief.
Yeah they rule, right?

Ridli

Meteorain said:
Downed the LK about 2hrs ago for the first time. Yay. Yes yes I know 30% buff, but our guild is slow and pretty laid back :p

Hey, grats!

Don't shirk it, LK is a crazy fun fight that's interesting no matter what kind of damage buffs you have. What's really important is teaching folks how to handle the movement going from defile to Valks and back. Even the 30% buff isn't going to matter if you don't dance properly in phase 2 and half your raid is on the other side of a puddle when the Valks come in.

zlatko said:
So, quick few questions for when I start playing on the 7th for you guys. I'd ask in the WoW forums, but I like Gaf answers more.

I've finally decided that I will 100% roll a Wogren Warrior. I want to be a DD with it, but just curious how often they are expected to do anything else at high level instances i.e tank? Also, is there a "best" build for warriors who want to DD?

Thanks guys. :)

I'm assuming DD is "direct damage," or "damage dealer?" Sorry, I used to hear that alot in the old days (DAoC), but I never really hear it among the WoW community, heh.

Either way, you should only ever have to tank if you want to tank. I think it's awesome, but I know plenty of people who don't like it. Never let someone force you into a role you don't want, you can always queue as DPS, regardless of your class. They aren't paying your subscription fees, right?

If you want to DPS, DPS then. As far as what spec to use, I'd recommend giving both Arms and Fury a try. You could sim them both out if you really want to, but they have different enough themes that I think you'd be better off trying them both and see which one feels cooler. The theorycrafters are a great resource to maximize your output, but don't let them dictate how you play if you prefer one style to another.

Arcane is still the top of the charts for single target mage damage but I don't give a crap since I think it is as boring as watching paint dry. The new mastery finally gives people something to watch, but it's still not as fun as living bomb and combustion.

ch0mp

Ridli said:
Arcane is still the top of the charts for single target mage damage but I don't give a crap since I think it is as boring as watching paint dry. The new mastery finally gives people something to watch, but it's still not as fun as living bomb and combustion.

I was looking at DPS stats from one of my dungeon runs.. something like 80% of a mages damage coming from one attack :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oni Link 666 said:
That's the point! These guys aren't ridiculously overpowered or infused with whatever, they're just small tykes with a shitload of cunning and greed.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
speedpop said:
That's the point! These guys aren't ridiculously overpowered or infused with whatever, they're just small tykes with a shitload of cunning and greed.
Their intelligence comes from magic.

Ridli

ch0mp said:
I was looking at DPS stats from one of my dungeon runs.. something like 80% of a mages damage coming from one attack :lol

In one of our last LK kills, our Mage had 96% of his damage coming from Arcane Blast only. And this was with him doing about 4 million damage or so personally.

Alex

Unless they changed something in past weeks, spamming AB at 85 ooms you very, very fast regardless of anything you do. It's still a boring spec even when you're doing their intended rotation though, I've never liked Arcane.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
Unless they changed something in past weeks, spamming AB at 85 ooms you very, very fast regardless of anything you do. It's still a boring spec even when you're doing their intended rotation though, I've never liked Arcane.
Which is why I assume they nerfed AB's damage and lowered the mana penalty; you could only reasonably get to like 3 stacks before clearing.

Angry Grimace

Deadly Cyclone said:
Hey all, just rolled my first Death Knight, which is the best specialization to pick? I am used to playing as a combat rogue for reference.
Frost 2H. There aren't any STR based 1Hers until level 80 and Unholy is mostly based around the idea you'll get some diseases up to use SS. Nothing will live long enough for that to happen while leveling.

Another great leveling spec is Blood. You do more than enough damage with 0 downtime due to constant self heals.

Retro

Oni Link 666 said:

I like Goblins. I think their greedy sell-your-own-mother-after-you-booby-trapped-her-with-explosives-just-to-screw-the-other-guy mentality is fantastic. I'm glad that the Horde gets another morally questionable race (what with the Undead basically out to rule the world and the Blood Elves pre-pussification being magic-addicted power-hungry keep-a-holy-talking-windchime-locked-up-and-drain-it-to-make-evil-'Paladins' kind of bastards).

My one complaint is that their technology sticks out in the Warcraft universe. It's too much like the real world, but not clever enough to be satirical... it's just... kinda lame. I'm saving Azshara for my Goblin next week, but I have a feeling I'm going to be glad to leave and never return.

Also, I intend to tabard-up my Goblin with Orgrimmar and get a Wolf Mount as soon as humanly possible (looks to be about level 35-40). Their little go-cart trikes look kind of obnoxious (I also hate the engineer-crafted motorcycles too, to be honest).

Angry Grimace

So they finally made 5 level BG brackets. I wonder why that took 5 years :lol

I hadn't seen this earlier:

Blizzard said:
The uneasy armistice between the Horde and Alliance is steadily cracking beneath the strain of Deathwing's devastating return and the Shattering of Azeroth, heralding a new era of bloody conflict.

The clash between the factions has also never been so hotly contested: Battleground brackets now match up teams more evenly. The new brackets span five levels each, except the final bracket composed of level 85 players:

10-14 30-34 50-54 70-74
15-19 35-39 55-59 75-79
20-24 40-44 60-64 80-84
25-29 45-49 65-69 85

Fighters can also join the battle in Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and Alterac Valley at an earlier level than ever before:

Level 10 - Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch

Level 35 - Eye of the Storm

Level 45 - Alterac Valley

Level 65 - Strand of the Ancients

Level 75 - Isle of Conquest

Level 85 - Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks

These changes should offer players a more consistently competitive experience in the Battlegrounds as their characters level, as well as provide for more exciting PvP conflict than ever before. Are you eager to try 35-39 Eye of the Storm? How about 45-49 Alterac Valley? Perhaps you'd like to cut your teeth on a 10-14 Arathi Basin.

Let us know what you think in the comments!

Angry Grimace

markot said:
>.< why save 2 for the final bracket....
Because those are Cataclsym content and the idea is to give you incentives to level rather than just twink yourself to demolish people at lower brackets.

Don't forget Tol Barad, which is basically a BG also, just not in the BG system. Which makes me wonder if people will still run WG...they should just add WG to their BG rotation if they don't. I just hate the idea of languishing content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom