• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The new brackets have been live for a week-ish. It's weird to me that it was stealth and that they officially announced it late.

Well, it wasn't on the PTR I think. Maybe they were doing a live test phase?

cdyhybrid

Sai-kun said:
Oh man, I just tanked for the first time EVER. I'm a druid. :lol That was pretty awesome! I did Deadmines. It's suuuper cool now. It looks almost the same, but plays so much differently from the old one! Loves it.

Started tanking for the first time with my Troll Druid too. Haven't had any complaints yet but I feel like it'll just get harder as the dungeons become more complicated. It's not as easy as just picking something and killing the shit out of it :p

Lolligag

DeathNote said:
Does Grid or Clique make it obvious that someone is in range?

Something like that would be great for BG healing.
Clique is just a mouseover type mod, but Grid and Vuhdo do show if someone is in range or not. By default, people out of range are faded out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Getting d/c left and right...

Yoshichan

Confirmed:

US Realms Connection Issues

We are aware of the reported issues with connection issues across multiple realms. Our Technicians are currently looking into this matter. This issue has our full attention and your game play represents our highest priority.

In the event that there are any further developments, we will endeavor to provide that information here as soon as it becomes available.

In an effort to preserve the ready flow of information on this forum, it may be necessary to lock and delete additional threads related to this topic. As always comments and discussion are welcome, but please abide by the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/forum-coc.html) in all posts on the World of Warcraft forums.

Meteorain

Deadly Cyclone said:
That's what I did.

TBH I don't really know much about Death Knights, what stats to I gear towards? (Rogue was Agility/Stamina, etc). Also as Unholy, what is my main attack (like with a rogue I used Sinister Strike and Eviscerate).

Thanks

You gear towards Strength, strength and more strength. I kid you not.

My main atm is my 2H UH-DK and all I've found myself gemming for is strength. Your main source of damage is your Ghoul and so the more str you have, the more it hits...and it hits like a truck.

Your main attacks will be Scourge Strike -> Festering and then Death Coiling when you have no runes up or need to dump runic power. Until recently imo UH-DK's had nearly unparalleled aoe dps. Your diseases spread around (Pestilence) plus DnD made you rape the aoe.

Ridli said:
Hey, grats!

Don't shirk it, LK is a crazy fun fight that's interesting no matter what kind of damage buffs you have. What's really important is teaching folks how to handle the movement going from defile to Valks and back. Even the 30% buff isn't going to matter if you don't dance properly in phase 2 and half your raid is on the other side of a puddle when the Valks come in.

Thanks!

Yep, the LK fight required a lot more raid awareness than most other ICC bosses but I didn't find it too bad. It was more a case of waiting on the rest of the raid to not make mistakes which I didn't mind.

Also having done Ulduar, I can say that ICC didn't remotely require as much raid awareness as Uld!

Edit: Damn you whoever linked the EJ thread for UH-DK's!

Yoshichan

jlai said:
Resubbed a week ago. Is there any reason to save justice points going into Cat?
4k is the cap. You'll be able to buy two ilvl 343 items as soon as you hit 85.

Soule

Hey is there somewhere to buy PvP gear with honor in cata? I haven't found anywhere so far but since u can buy stuff with JP I'm hoping it's the same with honor, I'm more keen on PvP and I'm just about to hit the 4k cap but if there's nothing for it at 85 then I'll just get some mounts or something I dunno.

Also, been doing STV quests, thought it was pretty meh and the same, discovered the sundering whirlpool just now.... I wanna jump in so bad.

TALLY HO!

EDIT:
You die :(

EDIT2: Actually another question I think I know the answer but I hope I'm wrong, for the turbo-charged flying machine it says requires engineering, does this mean if I purchase it off the AH I won't be able to use it unless I have engineering up to that skill lvl? Getting close to 100 mounts and it would be awesome if I could have that one too

ultron87

So I resubbed recently and am also playing with two friends who I Recruit-a-Friended. This means we get triple XP when we quest together. This is devastating the leveling curve when it comes to zone progression. After a two hoursish of questing in Darkshore most of the quests in the starting city are already showing up as low-level.

I don't know if I'm happy about that or sad. I like that we'll be at higher levels in no time, but was looking forward to experiencing a good chunk of the new zones. But I obviously also want to quest with my friends.

I don't suppose there's a way to turn off the 3x XP?

At least I'll have my Worgen to be a little more leisurely with the leveling.

Infinity

Took my new night elf Mage into Deadmines yesterday - had a blast.

So far so good: The new night elf early level zones are great!

Unlike my last several 80 toons, I'm going to take it easy this time and enjoy the 1-60 content. The revamped zones are beautiful, and I can't wait to see more of the new dungeons along the way.

webrunner

Soule said:
Hey is there somewhere to buy PvP gear with honor in cata? I haven't found anywhere so far but since u can buy stuff with JP I'm hoping it's the same with honor, I'm more keen on PvP and I'm just about to hit the 4k cap but if there's nothing for it at 85 then I'll just get some mounts or something I dunno.

Also, been doing STV quests, thought it was pretty meh and the same, discovered the sundering whirlpool just now.... I wanna jump in so bad.

TALLY HO!

EDIT:
You die :(

EDIT2: Actually another question I think I know the answer but I hope I'm wrong, for the turbo-charged flying machine it says requires engineering, does this mean if I purchase it off the AH I won't be able to use it unless I have engineering up to that skill lvl? Getting close to 100 mounts and it would be awesome if I could have that one too

Actually that's a good question.. with the mounts being learned spells,
a) do you need to have engineering to learn the mount
and
b) what happens if you learn the mount and then drop engineering?

I'm pretty sure you can't USE it without engineering, but I'm not sure if you can use the item or not to learn it. I assume not.

Acidote

Update on my troll druid. I got it to Outland a few days ago, and the itch to play was suddenly gone. Abandoned for now :lol

Effect

Outside of my 80 Paladin and maybe my Death Knight (might end up redoing him) I wiped most of my characters. The changes were just to drastic for me to keep playing the lower levels. Better to start over with the new level questing changes and progression. Having not played in a while make it worse for me. Better to keep things simple for the time being.

Speaking of which, has the Death Knight phasing quest line at the beginning been altered to acknowledge the death of Arthas? Or does it play out before with them breaking free and then heading to Northrend to join the fight?

Effect said:
Speaking of which, has the Death Knight phasing quest line at the beginning been altered to acknowledge the death of Arthas? Or does it play out before with them breaking free and then heading to Northrend to join the fight?

It's a flashback, yeah, so it still plays out the same way.

Infinity

Acidote said:
Update on my troll druid. I got it to Outland a few days ago, and the itch to play was suddenly gone. Abandoned for now :lol
I was just wondering if I might feel the same way once my Mage got to Outland. Only thing is that I haven't played Alliance in awhile so I'm hoping the differences are enough to keep me going. I really enjoy playing the Mage, and I'd hate to get bored with it so quickly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
kai3345 said:
Have Belf and Dranei starting zones been updated?

Sadly, no. If you make a blood elf or draenei, better move them to the undead or night elf starting zones. :lol

And to think that prior to 4.0.3, i used to send most of my other races to Eversong and Azuremyst.

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
Effect said:
Outside of my 80 Paladin and maybe my Death Knight (might end up redoing him) I wiped most of my characters. The changes were just to drastic for me to keep playing the lower levels. Better to start over with the new level questing changes and progression. Having not played in a while make it worse for me. Better to keep things simple for the time being.

I just started a dk and it hasn't changed at all, the quest line is still the same, don't know if its going to change though

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
Soule said:

TALLY HO!
Soule said:
Dalaran is still a good place to buy pvp gear and you can also try the argent tournament grounds depending on what class you are

LiveWire

Just got back into the game after a year or so off before Cataclysm comes out next week.

I played most of Burning Crusade (got my main to 68), bought Lich King but didn't play it (*facepalm*), and now I want to revisit it and finish up all the stuff I missed and then roll into Cataclysm.

However, logging into the game, I noticed that everything has changed for Cataclysm (ruined world, new quests, etc.). While it's cool and fun, I kinda wanted to go back to see all the stuff I missed from the prior two expansions as it was when they were new. Is that possible? Is it now impossible to do old raid stuff from Burning Crusade, or killing Arthas in Lich King?

Is there a list of zones with the most changes? I'd like to write out a leveling plan for my Worgen alt.

I'm thinking I'll go:

Gilneas
Auberdine
Ashenvale
???

Flib

The Lamonster said:
Is there a list of zones with the most changes? I'd like to write out a leveling plan for my Worgen alt.

I'm thinking I'll go:

Gilneas
Auberdine
Ashenvale
???

Stonetalon next

Effect

I wish the quest line Worgen followed after Gilneas focused more on the Forsaken. Them going to the Darkshore seems to be heavily focused on the Orcs, murlocs, and elementals which doesn't make much sense considering how they start out. Still going to play one but hopefully Ashenvale won't be so boring. I liked Darkshore enough back in the day but it fell apart for me afterward and I had to go back to the human/dwarf areas.

Flib

well that path leads to Desolace and Thousand Needles (which are recommended), and then Tanaris, un'goro and silithus. Might want to substitute Southern Barrens and Winterspring in there though.

Flib said:
well that path leads to Desolace and Thousand Needles (which are recommended), and then Tanaris, un'goro and silithus. Might want to substitute Southern Barrens and Winterspring in there though.
So Silithus still sucks?

Here's the current plan:

1-12 Gilneas
12-20 Darkshore
20-25 Ashenvale
25-30 Stonetalon Mountains
30-35 Desolace
35-40 Feralas
40-45 Thousand Needles
45-50 Tanaris
50-55 Winterspring
55-60 Blasted Lands

Will I be missing out on anything seriously awesome by doing this path? Kinda concerned it doesn't cover STV, Swamp of Sorrows, Duskwood, Wetlands...are there many changes to these areas? What about Un'Goro? Is that a cool zone now?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What's the best place to install WoW on 64 bit Windows 7?

It automatically chooses the x86 Program File directly. Someone suggested installing it to C:\ instead.

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Here's the current plan:

1-12 Gilneas
12-20 Darkshore
20-25 Ashenvale
25-30 Stonetalon Mountains
30-35 Desolace
35-40 Feralas
40-45 Thousand Needles
45-50 Tanaris
50-55 Winterspring
55-60 Blasted Lands

Will I be missing out on anything seriously awesome by doing this path? Kinda concerned it doesn't cover STV, Swamp of Sorrows, Duskwood, Wetlands...are there many changes to these areas? What about Un'Goro? Is that a cool zone now?

Cape of Stranglethorne is pretty fun, there's an awesome helicopter rescue, swinging from boat to boat, and an excellent battle for Booty Bay.

Trojita said:
What's the best place to install WoW on 64 bit Windows 7?

It automatically chooses the x86 Program File directly. Someone suggested installing it to C:\ instead.
Mine is in the Program Files x86 and has worked fine. I've never heard of any benefits of installing to the C: drive.

Tamanon said:
Cape of Stranglethorne is pretty fun, there's an awesome helicopter rescue, swinging from boat to boat, and an excellent battle for Booty Bay.
Is it worth skipping Stonetalon and Desolace?

Ridli

LiveWire said:
Just got back into the game after a year or so off before Cataclysm comes out next week.

I played most of Burning Crusade (got my main to 68), bought Lich King but didn't play it (*facepalm*), and now I want to revisit it and finish up all the stuff I missed and then roll into Cataclysm.

However, logging into the game, I noticed that everything has changed for Cataclysm (ruined world, new quests, etc.). While it's cool and fun, I kinda wanted to go back to see all the stuff I missed from the prior two expansions as it was when they were new. Is that possible? Is it now impossible to do old raid stuff from Burning Crusade, or killing Arthas in Lich King?
Nothing has changed in outland or northrend (aside from portals). Your BC and Wrath content is all intact.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Rolled a troll druid a bit ago, and making cat form druids' first animal form is so much better. I hated playing as a bear up till lvl 20-ish. Kitties are so much more fun. =D

Effect

Unless there is something very specific to the Worgen after Darkshore I'm going to be heading to Duskwood and Red Ridge and follow the progression in that area. Might actually go pass on Darkshore all together if there isn't anything overtly for the Worgen there.

webrunner

Ridli said:
Nothing has changed in outland or northrend (aside from portals). Your BC and Wrath content is all intact.

Except that Battle of Undercity has been removed (probably incompatibilities with the new versions of the cities)

Effect said:
Unless there is something very specific to the Worgen after Darkshore I'm going to be heading to Duskwood and Red Ridge and follow the progression in that area. Might actually go pass on Darkshore all together if there isn't anything overtly for the Worgen there.
Are there major changes in Duskwood and Redridge? Anything specific to the Worgen? As you can see above I'm trying to plan the optimal Worgen leveling route to see the best Cata changes.

Aurarian

The Lamonster said:
Is it worth skipping Stonetalon and Desolace?

I wouldn't say so for Stonetalon but for Desolace? Fuck yeah. Desolace was really boring when I was going through there for the Loremaster achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom