• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You're not going to help with the absurd queues Area 52 will have on Cataclysm's first weeks though. :lol Hopefully it wont kill the enjoyment of the new members you got.

Bisnic said:
You're not going to help with the absurd queues Area 52 will have on Cataclysm's first weeks though. :lol Hopefully it wont kill the enjoyment of the new members you got.
And there have been zero new Alliance members on my server, Stormscale. We have plenty of space too!

The Lamonster said:
And there have been zero new Alliance members on my server, Stormscale. We have plenty of space too!
I'm still debating on where to roll my Worgen, either on Area 52 or Stormscale.

Can horde toons send mail to alliance toons on the same server?

Evlar

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
I'm still debating on where to roll my Worgen, either on Area 52 or Stormscale.

Can horde toons send mail to alliance toons on the same server?
Only Bind on Account items.

notworksafe

Bisnic said:
Eh, they'd be there anyway. :lol 20-25 new GAF people won't make too much difference lol.

EDIT: Lamonster, I'm betting if you make the thread you'll get plenty of recruits just because of how many will just click your name b/c you're the OP. That's what happened for me. :D

Aurarian

notworksafe said:
Eh, it's nice to have something in Gaming side. People still rarely check out Online Community side.

For the last two WoW threads I made, I pointed people to this thread. Then after the Gaming side thread dies down the people who decide to play come hang out here.

EDIT: Being in the guild with the most GAF people, I can confirm that Gaming side threads do quite a lot to attract new people. :D

I've noticed. We got around 20 new people or so?

notworksafe

You can go to Northrend at level 1 if you want. The quests won't become active until 68 (I believe).

Aurarian said:
I've noticed. We got around 20 new people or so?
Yeah 20ish GAF people and about 5-7 of their friends/relatives.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to roll a goblin on Area 52 come cataclysm but the Horde:Alliance ratio looks pretty skewed. How badly does this effect BG queues?

notworksafe

Halycon said:
I want to roll a goblin on Area 52 come cataclysm but the Horde:Alliance ratio looks pretty skewed. How badly does this effect BG queues?
Not much. Our battlegroup as a whole is pretty even with Horde/Alliance unless you are queueing at like 4am. Battlgroup merging will soon be region wide anyway.

Also the balance numbers are still skewed on those sites, imo. I've seen many, many more Alliance just since 4.0.3a then I have total in the past two years on the sever.

Aesthet1c

Can someone tell me how to edit my config file in my WoW directory so it downloads Cataclysm early? That way when I get the disc on the 7th, all I have to do is enter the key on my battle.net account and I should be good to go.

I remember reading this a few weeks ago in this thread, however my searching has not returned any results.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
notworksafe said:
Not much. Our battlegroup as a whole is pretty even with Horde/Alliance unless you are queueing at like 4am.

Also the balance numbers are still skewed on those sites, imo. I've seen many, many more Alliance just since 4.0.3a then I have total in the past two years on the sever.
Area 52 it is!

I'm looking forward to seeing the server crash from all the goblins. I might skip the starting zone entirely and hop it to the BE or UD starting zone.

Aurarian

notworksafe said:
Not much. Our battlegroup as a whole is pretty even with Horde/Alliance unless you are queueing at like 4am. Battlgroup merging will soon be region wide anyway.

Yep, it's like the Shattering unearthed them. :lol

notworksafe

Very true...but I've already got 200MB downloaded. :D Not like it matters, I guess. I'll still have to wait an hour after the midnight launch here. If the LK lines were any judge it could take 40mins-1hr to get my copy.

EDIT: Interesting. The Launcher restarted and now I have 847MB remaining to download. :eek:

kai3345

Banned
What the hell. I hit play on the launcher and it won't let me play. I just goes back to desktop. The task manager doesn't even have the wow task in it

Aurarian

notworksafe said:
So wait, if I do this I won't have to install anything from the disc? I'll just need the product key?

Apparently so. If you think about it though you'll have plenty of time to install before servers come up, at least in my case. I won't be playing till 3am EST here since it goes up at 12:00PST right? That's more than enough time to go to a midnight release, buy your game, get home, install, and sleep till they come up. In your case... =[

ACE 1991

Damn I'm having a helling of a time wrapping my head around all of the new paladin mechanics. It's like an entirely different class since I last played.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
:D I like how the Pallys have a Holy meter now, its alot different then when i first started! Getting +spell power for holy damage to hold threat feels so long ago...:D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:

I've seen a total of like 4 or 5 Alliance

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
kai3345 said:
What the hell. I hit play on the launcher and it won't let me play. I just goes back to desktop. The task manager doesn't even have the wow task in it
If you are updated, you can launch the game through the WoW.exe file rather than the launcher.

notworksafe

Doesn't the launcher do a generic keylogger scan when it starts up? That's why I always run the launcher, but uncheck the "Show Launcher" box. Then the launcher only pops up when there's something to update.

kai3345

Banned
Ok so it started to work after about 6 tries. I did a run of the new Deadmines. WOW. so much better than the original. The bosses were far more interesting. And the whole get the quest inside the dungeon thing was great.

notworksafe

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/launcher.html
If a Trojan or third-party World of Warcraft cheat program is detected on the system on which the Blizzard Launcher is running, a message will appear with additional helpful information. Trojans are hidden programs designed for a number of malicious purposes, such as spreading computer viruses and stealing World of Warcraft account and password information. The Blizzard Launcher is intended as an additional level of security against these programs, but we strongly recommend that players also install dedicated anti-virus software on their computers.

Weenerz

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Pretty cool, but 700mb shouldn't take that long to install from a DVD anyway...

I want to come home, put the cdkey in and go. I don't want to worry myself with these analog cds!

notworksafe

The Lamonster said:
Cool, I had no idea!

My security precautions include having a physical authenticator and also running a full scan in both Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes once a week while the WoW login screen is up.

That's how it's done, sir!

2n1rorc.jpg

Rokam

Does anyone know if the fragments you pick up from Archaeology are stored on the profession screen or will they take up space in bags? Trying to figure out if I should completely clean out my bags or not. Attempting realm first, and yes I'm a dwarf pally, the best one to do it on.

Trickster

The Lamonster said:

After the shattering patch, all the vanilla zones take place after the events of the northrend expansion. As such, when you arive in northrend now (outlands too), you are pretty much going back in time.

At least that's what I think he means.

Evlar

Banned
Rokam said:
Does anyone know if the fragments you pick up from Archaeology are stored on the profession screen or will they take up space in bags? Trying to figure out if I should completely clean out my bags or not. Attempting realm first, and yes I'm a dwarf pally, the best one to do it on.
According to preview descriptions the fragments will go into a special Archeology "log", probably a tab on the spellbook. They will not take up bag space.

webrunner

The Lamonster said:

Once you hit outland, actually, the "timeframe" rolls back. If you start a new Belf, for instance, it talks about the fall of Kael'Thas, and the Lich King has fallen as of the post-shattering. Go to outland and northrend and they're still kickin'.

The timeline is basically

Vanilla, Outland, Northrend, Shattering, Cataclysm

But right now it's played through as

Shattering Outland Northrend Cataclysm.

They should just stick some bronze dragons around the Dark Portal and the boats. That'll explain it.

Manus

Just got my mining and jewlcrafting on my alt both from 100 to 375 in one day! Hopefully I can find some time between work to get them both to 450 before Tuesday.

Also, should I roll a Worgen Priest or Druid as my third alt? I'm looking to heal, but can't make up my mind.

Evlar

Banned
webrunner said:
Once you hit outland, actually, the "timeframe" rolls back. If you start a new Belf, for instance, it talks about the fall of Kael'Thas, and the Lich King has fallen as of the post-shattering. Go to outland and northrend and they're still kickin'.

The timeline is basically

Vanilla, Outland, Northrend, Shattering, Cataclysm

But right now it's played through as

Shattering Outland Northrend Cataclysm.

They should just stick some bronze dragons around the Dark Portal and the boats. That'll explain it.
True, but even then it's complicated. The Kirin Tor are aware that the Shattering has occurred, for example- thus they removed the portals from Dalaran.

notworksafe

Goblin mount got an idle and driving sound finally. Still no /mountspecial.

I wonder if the sound being added is related to the Cataclysm preload I downloaded.

Gah, I'm so disappointed! I got exalted in UC on my Paladin all to get the white horse... Now I find out there's a bunch of argent crusade bullshit I have to do in addition. Damn. Standard Warhorse it is.

Effect

Does anyone know anything about there not being cinematics in the downloaded version of Cataclysm? That they aren't included in the patch but only on the dvd and to have them you have to install the expansion from the disc? Is this true?

Evlar said:
True, but even then it's complicated. The Kirin Tor are aware that the Shattering has occurred, for example- thus they removed the portals from Dalaran.

I wonder how they missed this? Perhaps (hopefully) they will address this later on? That's going to screw with a lot of people if they are paying attention anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom