• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Can you start leveling in the Cataclysm zones at 78? I don't think I can make 80 before Tuesday comes. Maybe 78 or 79 if I'm lucky. You can go to Outland at 58 and Northrend at 68 but just checking since this expansion is only adding 5 levels and may be different.

You start at 80.

notworksafe

mileS said:
Not sure if I should name my goblin shaman Shockbroker or not.. I usually dislike names like that but I think its kinda cool :?
Holy shit that is fantastic! My goblin just going to be named Moneystacks.

SUPARSTARX

someone is very ready to level indeed.

5236766652_8323eefd5e_b.jpg

Ridli

mileS said:
Not sure if I should name my goblin shaman Shockbroker or not.. I usually dislike names like that but I think its kinda cool :?

I like it. Then again I'm going with a Duran Duran joke for my Worgen, so my taste is suspect.

One question though, I haven't heard any information about redesigned armor for Outland. Wouldn't it be safe to say that the clownsuits will return with a Vengeance when people hit 60? Terrorize us for 10 levesl, and then slink away after Borean Tundra (to be replaced with the worst cloth helms ever made)?

KJTB

I'm sure that this has been asked before so I apologize in advance but I can't find a post about it.

I was wondering how exactly the scroll of resurrection works. My friend is thinking of joining the game and heard about the scrolls but I've never had any experience with them before.

Dipindots said:
I'm sure that this has been asked before so I apologize in advance but I can't find a post about it.

I was wondering how exactly the scroll of resurrection works. My friend is thinking of joining the game and heard about the scrolls but I've never had any experience with them before.

Like the name suggests, scrolls of resurrection are for people that have previously played WoW but have since canceled their accounts. The person that gets resurrected has 10 days to play the game for free, and if that person subscribes again then the person who sent the scroll gets a month free.

notworksafe

Dipindots said:

If he's never played before you'll want to do Refer A Friend. That lets you teleport to each other, get 3x XP when leveling together until 60, and you'll get a 2 person rocket mount after he pays for two months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teBwsqtWtTk

RAF FAQ: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20588

SUPARSTARX

oh the stuff isn't mine. It's a friend of mine. he works for some gaming company that develops for xbox and ps3 so he has a lot of games piled up.

KJTB

Good luck!

Personally, I don't really understand why you would want to be a server first. What do you really gain from doing that grind? I guess you can always just go through the content again on an alt or something though so you can actually enjoy the new content.

Cipherr

WTH, tylenol? Jesus Jumping Christ you all are lunatics. All that damn soda.

[Achievement Unlocked! Server First 85 + Type 2 Diabetes]

No but seriously good luck man.

Chris R

Why are people going to buy a physical copy instead of the digital release? Unless you are getting the collectors edition. Thinking of grabbing a collectors just to have when I activate my main account again but if not then ill just do digital.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
rhfb said:
Why are people going to buy a physical copy instead of the digital release? Unless you are getting the collectors edition. Thinking of grabbing a collectors just to have when I activate my main account again but if not then ill just do digital.
Some might like the retail box too. I always lose mine or mangle it because I'm not much of a PC gamer and didn't care about the boxes. WoW is the only game I bought and will by digital because of the login/sub system. I like reselling everything else. This obviously excludes PSN and 10 cent steam games. :lol

notworksafe

rhfb said:
For ease of reinstall, if I ever need to do one. Installing the game and all expansions with one disc is faster than the Blizzard Downloader for me.

krypt0nian said:
I wonder if the class Realm Firsts 85 will grant titles again?
I don't think they ever did grant titles. I thought I remembered Blizzard changing their mind about giving out titles for Wrath.

Acidote

I'm gonna take it easier this time. I was fast enough on WOTLK to get the Sartharion 25 first server kill, but not race/class. I was like 1 hour late for , even when I was not trying to get it, I was just playing with my brother and a friend of us and tryed to keep their pace :lol

This time it's going to be a midnight start again, but taking my time.

I finally got to play with my troll druid a little bit more. It's now level 72, good enough.

By the way, we did that EASY boss server first kill and after that I was annoyed for days by level 1 other faction players bitching about it (me being alliance in a heavily horde overpopulated server).

mcrae

SUPARSTARX said:
someone is very ready to level indeed.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5090/5236766652_8323eefd5e_b.jpg[/fgjhG][/QUOTE]

lol he cut that fruit 24 hours too early, its going to be so much less fresh

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Acidote said:
I'm gonna take it easier this time. I was fast enough on WOTLK to get the Sartharion 25 first server kill, but not race/class. I was like 1 hour late for , even when I was not trying to get it, I was just playing with my brother and a friend of us and tryed to keep their pace :lol

This time it's going to be a midnight start again, but taking my time.

I finally got to play with my troll druid a little bit more. It's now level 72, good enough.

By the way, we did that EASY boss server first kill and after that I was annoyed for days by level 1 other faction players bitching about it (me being alliance in a heavily horde overpopulated server).
Wow, people are psycho.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
For ease of reinstall, if I ever need to do one. Installing the game and all expansions with one disc is faster than the Blizzard Downloader for me.

I don't think they ever did grant titles. I thought I remembered Blizzard changing their mind about giving out titles for Wrath.
You were going to originally get titles like, "Grant Master Blacksmith Steve" but they decided that sucked.

PatzCU said:
Pretty sure they aren't this go around. Just a feat of strength and a server-wide message.
Which just gets 1205901285901825 people whispering you stupid shit like with "ur a fag" and "NERD"

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So I guess WoW Armory is getting a new url too with Blizz plowing everything onto Battle.net of late?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Too bad I don't actually have the 3000g I will need to buy a Pheonix Mount that I totally don't deserve. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Too bad I don't actually have the 3000g I will need to buy a Pheonix Mount that I totally don't deserve. :lol
Why wouldn't you deserve it? As far as I can tell you only need Guild Glory of the Cat Raider not We Are Legendary.

I am looking at old info tho..

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Why wouldn't you deserve it? As far as I can tell you only need Guild Glory of the Cat Raider not We Are Legendary.
Because Guild Achievements are for the guild and you don't generally have to have anything to do with the guild to get it other than farm rep and run farm dungeons. I would be eligible to buy the mount if say, notworksafe got to 85 and did a bunch of raiding and I didn't do shit other than farm dailies and run heroic deadmins to get guild rep.

For the record, Glory of the Cataclsym Raider doesn't require you get the 3 individual Glory achievements, it's just Guild killing endbosses like Champion of the Frozen Wastes. It just is named in a dumb way.

The biggest problem is that it's just too easy to get other than getting the guild rep, which everyone will be farming like crazy anyways.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Because Guild Achievements are for the guild and you don't generally have to have anything to do with the guild to get it. I would be eligible to buy the mount if say, notworksafe got to 85 and did a bunch of raiding and I didn't do shit other than farm dailies to get guild rep.

For the record, Glory of the Cataclsym Raider doesn't require you get the 3 individual Glory achievements, it's just Guild killing endbosses like Champion of the Frozen Wastes. It just is named in a dumb way.
You still need reputation. How much effort must one put in guild runs?

I can't find any info on how long it'd take to grind up if you chose to move to a new guild.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
You still need reputation. How many raids and such will it take.
Except you can gain guild rep farming easy bosses. I find it unlikely that it will be particularly difficult to get a high ranking even if you don't really raid much.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
You still need reputation. How much effort must one put in guild runs?

I can't find any info on how long it'd take to grind up if you chose to move to a new guild.
[Reins of the Dark Phoenix]
Rank Required: Neutral
3000g
Req: [Guild Glory of the Cataclysm Raider]

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Angry Grimace said:
Which just gets 1205901285901825 people whispering you stupid shit like with "ur a fag" and "NERD"

At level 77 and questing I found a dragon flying in Storm Peaks, it even dropped a mount. The next day I was able to ride it and during the week that followed I managed to fill my ignore list.

Angry Grimace

kinoki said:
At level 77 and questing I found a dragon flying in Storm Peaks, it even dropped a mount. The next day I was able to ride it and during the week that followed I managed to fill my ignore list.
I saw a guy on Ashes of Al'ar once in Storm Peaks. I bet he's tired of messages :lol

The guild achievements are good, I just wish there were three times as much stuff you could buy. Achievements like We Are Legendary should award more things than just some points.

jlai

kinoki said:

Time-Lost Proto Drake? Much time lost trying to get that :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimacee, are you going to be 85 in time to progress with a guild? Either way, I agree that's it's real easy to obtain with boss kills only.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Was hoping I'd get my CE this morning so I could play tonight but it seems GAME has sent them out on Friday to arrive tomorrow, also got the snow messing things up.

mclem

My CE is in a van somewhere in the vicinity, and the weather isn't *too* bad, here's hoping!

A quick question: Anyone who did the beta got a reasonable handle on what quest chains you should do to put each of the instances into context? I'm curious as to what actually leads up to Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides in story terms; it'd be nice to do them for the first time with an idea of where they stand.

Edit: And I just had the email that there's a parcel in reception for me. Woo!

Now watch it be some thingy I ordered from amazon and completely forgot about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom