• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Vashj'ir was wonderful and beautiful. Why does everyone hate it. It's got some incredible environments.

Because, it's clunky, there's far too much traveling, the coves are annoying, the mounts glitch under there (can't mount here, or they disappear for no reason), quest items are too small to see and blend in (shells), the Naga chain had zero challenge and just dragged on, just like the rest of the zone. They made that zone way too long, it got tiring. Nagas = the new Trolls. I was so sick of the Naga, like how I got so sick of trolls in the past xpacs, killing them over and over.

And it's J-Rzez. I don't know if ppl spell my name wrong on here all the time on purpose or what. :lol

Err, Paragon is 8/12 in raid progress, already? Am I reading that right on MMO-C? If so it must be a pretty big disappointment, and it's going to be all about the HMs.

Flib

J-Rzez said:
Because, it's clunky, there's far too much traveling, the coves are annoying, the mounts glitch under there (can't mount here, or they disappear for no reason), quest items are too small to see and blend in (shells), the Naga chain had zero challenge and just dragged on, just like the rest of the zone. They made that zone way too long, it got tiring. Nagas = the new Trolls. I was so sick of the Naga, like how I got so sick of trolls in the past xpacs, killing them over and over.

And it's J-Rzez. I don't know if ppl spell my name wrong on here all the time on purpose or what. :lol

Err, Paragon is 8/12 in raid progress, already? Am I reading that right on MMO-C? If so it must be a pretty big disappointment, and it's going to be all about the HMs.

They ground out all of those bosses for months on beta, so these aren't totally fresh kills (and to be fair, they're still 11/12 instead of full clears...they actually only have Nef left). If you go on their website, they're saying that normal mode is tuned really really really well, and the heroic modes seem tough as all hell.

http://www.paragon.fi/

xenophics said:
I'd like to point out that these were normal modes. We are having trouble killing some of these (mainly because of gear of course), and hard modes were really freaking hard on ptr at least. I'm really looking forward to those. In my eyes the overall difficulty has been quite fine so far for _normal_ modes.

Magnus

Ensidia had 25m Malygos down within 72 hours from Wrath'a launch. I'm not surprised at Paragorn's progress at all given that it's much faster to cap this expansion than Wrath, no two ways about it.

Fularu

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Yeah when I get up to 80 on my new Worgen I don't plan on going to Vashj'ir, even though I hear Hyjal is quite the bore.
The first 30 mins of Vashj'ir are extremely annoying and may even induce motion sickness. But once you have the mount it goes fast, it's streamlined and it's a prety amazing experience. It has, by far, the best visuals in the xpac, the Nagas are a nice change of pace from "Cultists dur dur dur" in every other zones, also it'S "only" 150 quests long and you'll never go back (you also need to do the fist part of it if you want to reach the Earthen Ring quarter master).

Zones so far :

1 - Uldum (amazing)
2 - Deepholm (very nice visually speaking)
3 - Vashj'ir (amazing visuals, clunky and nauseating start, rest is prety nice)
4 - Twilight Highlands
5 - Hyjal
xx - Silithus
xx+1 - Tol Barad

Flib

Yeah, all the druids in my guild (me included) love it. Glyphed aquatic form goes as fast as the seahorse, and you don't need to shift out of form to gather items. So speedy to get around.

One more reason why we're by far the best class.

Magnus

What do you guys think about relegating all wow talk to one thread? It's kind of split now between the OT2 and fhe Cat gaming thread.

speedpop said:
Vashj'ir rocks as a Druid.
I was so jealous of those aquatic forms until I finally got the Seahorse mount.

Magnus said:
What do you guys think about relegating all wow talk to one thread? It's kind of split now between the OT2 and fhe Cat gaming thread.
The Cat thread will die in a week or two, it'll be okay.

I wonder if it sucks because there aren't a lot of 85s running around, if his server faction population is unbalanced, or because it plays bad. Hopefully one of the former.

Bisnic said:
Dont skip the north STV quests. You'll miss the awesome "Control a baby raptor inside Zulgurub while using its abilities to avoid the trolls" quest!
Although that quest was unique with a great storyline, it's mechanics annoyed the crap out of me. I've never been a fan of
stealth gameplay

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:

They were poopsocking raids in the Beta every week since the raids opened. They get no credit.

Manus

Yeah I'm in no rush to get to 85. I'm currently 83 and I'm just questing, doing my professions, and doing some dungeons and loving the experience. Oh and a little bit of ore farming as well.

The Lamonster said:
I was so jealous of those aquatic forms until I finally got the Seahorse mount.

The Cat thread will die in a week or two, it'll be okay.

You should stay jealous of Druid Aquatic form as I think with Glyph it is faster then the damn sea horse or just as fast.. likewise they can loot and pick up quest items on the ground without having to demount.

EPIC AWESOME.

Druids are so superior haha

mcrae

Angry Grimace said:
They were poopsocking raids in the Beta every week since the raids opened. They get no credit.

so you only get credit if you havent done the instances before?

what if you read guides from people who do the instances in beta?

ur ridicaluz, dont be so bitter.

Flib

mcrae said:

He's talking about J-rzez whining that the raids are too easy because they were cleared quickly upon release...by people who farmed them for months on beta.

Evlar

Banned
mcrae said:

It's not a matter of "credit", it's a question of whether the average joe could wander into these raids and find themselves with 8/12 at the end of the night with no prior preparation. If they could it might be a problem... but Paragon's progress (and anyone who studies and follows beta strats) doesn't prove that. All Paragon has proved is that Cataclysm is subject to the same forces as every other encounter-based MMO experience- once a very small group of testers has poopsocked a raid and established a strat it becomes vastly easier for everyone else to do it, and there's nothing Blizzard or anyone else can do about that short of forgoing external beta testing of raids.

Twig said:
eww

Weird, I thought I'd responded to this already, but my post isn't here!

Only me and four other people are on Stormreaver, AFAIK. One of them doesn't count 'cause he doesn't really like the game and won't continue playing for long.

Area 52 is the "official" "GAF" server for Horde (I think).

EDIT: Oh, it was the other thread. CONFUSING.

Would it be complicated to start up a low level Alliance GAF Guild on Stormscale? I tried to get into the one that is suggested in the other thread but Lamonester said that is level 80 only. :(

I think it could be fun. The Guild would be very casual.

EDIT: NVM I'm on Stormscale. :lol

KJTB

Finally going to get to play tonight! :D

I'm going to take it slow seeing as I'm in no rush to hit 85. Gonna level to 85 and be sure to read all the quest text, level some alts, enjoy the new worgen and goblin starting zones.

Twig

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Would it be complicated to start up a low level Alliance GAF Guild on Stormscale? I tried to get into the one that is suggested in the other thread but Lamonester said that is level 80 only. :(

I think it could be fun. The Guild would be very casual.

EDIT: NVM I'm on Stormscale. :lol
Hah. I play Horde on Stormreaver, anyway (although I guess you can technically have both, even on a PvP server, now).

I'm sure if you find like-minded people it wouldn't be too much trouble to set something up.

Twig said:
Hah. I play Horde on Stormreaver, anyway (although I guess you can technically have both, even on a PvP server, now).

I'm sure if you find like-minded people it wouldn't be too much trouble to set something up.

I'm just surprised no one has done it already. I might look into it next week after I move apartments.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
My zone breakdown so far:

- Hyjal: Meh.
- Vash'jr: Not bad, but definitely wore out it's welcome by the end.
- Deepholm: Interesting, but it's so outlandish that it doesn't feel grounded. It is very hard to connect with.
- Uldum: Amazing. Easily the best zone so far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I bet a Gnome Fury Warrior with Titan's Grip and Ashkandi-2 and Zin'rokh-2 would look hilarious

Powercast

Uldum is just amazing, great design and the Harrison Jones chain is really cool.

Got my priest to 85, man healing is so mana intensive now, I'm constantly OOM even with Heal being my most used spell :/

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is the 150 Quests in Vashj'ir achievement even possible? I've done every single one I've come across including the drops and I'm still only at 142.

mcrae

Flib said:
He's talking about J-rzez whining that the raids are too easy because they were cleared quickly upon release...by people who farmed them for months on beta.

ohhh, sorry my bad, misunderstanding

Sai-kun

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Is the 150 Quests in Vashj'ir achievement even possible? I've done every single one I've come across including the drops and I'm still only at 142.

Deepholm is bugged too :(

Only 116 quests, but the achievement requires 125.

notworksafe said:
Hm, almost at 83 right now. I wonder if I can hit 85 tonight...

Archaeology keeps sidetracking me! It's a fun profession. :lol
Maybe I should spring for fast flight. At normal speed, archeology is torturous.

But I only have 5100 gold and being broke sounds dumb.

notworksafe

Fast meaning 280 or 310? For 310 speed 5000g isn't worth it, imo. Especially since you play Paladin.

Of course I got mine for free from my Ulduar Drake. Plus I technically get 330% because of the whole "Paladins being awesome" thing. :lol

notworksafe said:
Fast meaning 280 or 310? For 310 speed 5000g isn't worth it, imo. Especially since you play Paladin.

Of course I got mine for free from my Ulduar Drake. Plus I technically get 330% because of the whole "Paladins being awesome" thing. :lol
Fast meaning 280.

Half the time when I mount I forget to put on Crusader. I should macro that.

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
Fast meaning 280.

280 is very much worth it! I'd wait til you've got a good gold buffer before getting it, but you don't have to wait. The quests and rewards from Cata quests are pretty astronomical, so you'll get gold back quickly. Heck, I made almost 500g from less than a stack of Obsidum on the AH. :D

And yeah, gotta remember that Crusader Aura...it's the best!

mcrae

SnakeswithLasers said:
Fast meaning 280.

you should totally spring for it, imo. only 4k ish when you buy it from a faction youre revered with

Think I'll use this (with the actual mount names =)) to mount:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomounted] !Crusader Aura; [mounted] !Devotion Aura
/cast [nomounted,noflyable] Horse; [nomounted,flyable] Wyvern
/dismount [mounted]

I think I might put in an "if" macro on Judgment or something that checks to see if crusader is active, and if it is, it casts Devotion. Any idea how that is done?

Edit: And from what I'm reading, macros won't check to see if you have Auras? Dumb. They'll see if I'm in battle stance...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
mcrae said:
you should totally spring for it, imo. only 4k ish when you buy it from a faction youre revered with
Yeah. Archeology made me do it. I'll suckle out every % I can get.

Only having 5kg sucks, but ~5kg isn't that much in the long run IMO. Saving up ~30k for the alch mount? If you can do ~25 you can do ~30.

zlatko

Banned
This game is so much fun, and the time just flies right out the window when you play. I'm level 35 now I think on my Worgen Warrior. Game keeps getting better and better. I feel bad for the FFXIV Gaf gang bending over for SE, when they could be enjoying this awesome game if they'd just give it a chance.

webrunner

I wish WoW had multiclasing and Worgens ware Wargens, so you could get up to the same kind of war insanity as D&D (I remember someone said they played a Warforged Warden/Warlord-Warlock named "Warrick")

notworksafe

zlatko said:
This game is so much fun, and the time just flies right out the window when you play. I'm level 35 now I think on my Worgen Warrior. Game keeps getting better and better. I feel bad for the FFXIV Gaf gang bending over for SE, when they could be enjoying this awesome game if they'd just give it a chance.
Listen man! Londa has seen videos of WoW from 6 years ago...she GETS IT already. WoW is shit compared to FFXIV!

:lol :lol :lol

Alex

what are you guys gonna do for the next 2 years now?

Heroics, raids, hard modes, arenas, rated bgs, alt a bit, whatever comes in patches quit when/if it gets stale.

Fantastic as the new leveling stuff is, they don't time sink it so it goes by in reasonable play times, which makes sense considering it's not their bulk content focus. Not a new concept.

Listen man! Londa has seen videos of WoW from 6 years ago...she GETS IT already. WoW is shit compared to FFXIV!

It's not even worth laughing at, I felt more sad than anything when they showed their incredibly pathetic patch details. I cannot believe with as empty and archaic as that thing is that's all they had in the pipe.

Maybe if Square is generous they'll toss in a couple of FFXI-styled latency fights for decade old tank and spanks to make up a couple of years of content. Honestly, at this point you should just ignore it and let it rot in obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom