• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is there a vendor anywhere with PvP gear for lvl 85s? I've found the justice and valor point vendors no problem, but no such luck for someone to buy new, high-end things with honor points.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
85s already?

what are you guys gonna do for the next 2 years now?

did blizzard just expect most people to alt out for these coming years?

:lol at thinking the game ends at 85.

The game has only just begun, friend.

If you log off with an open ticket to a gm, do you lose your ticket?

I, like a numbskull, bought riding in Org instead of UC (where I'm Exalted) and paid 4500 instead of 4k.............. So I'm petitioning to see if they can take away my riding skill so I can save the money. =P

Doubt it'll work, but I want to try to find out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ZombieSupaStar said:
85s already?

Surely you don't believe that it took more than a couple of weeks to go 70-80. The only material difference is that you can fly at three hundred fucking ten speed over walking, so of course it's going to take less time, regardless of how much XP a given level requires.

Alex

SEA HORSE.

Uldum better be amazing, because I was in love with Vashj'ir. Still getting used to being blasted with all the flashy cutscenes and transitions, I hope this is a style they keep using.

I actually think I have to go back and level something else though since a friend is coming in late. I'll do Hyjal this time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still must acknowledge how much I hate the sheer amount of ore you have to farm to make shit with Blacksmithing. I think I'm getting close to 480 in BS and I still need 40 more ore just to make an item that will give me those points.

At least Blizzard gave us the reach around of giving us 5 pts for one craft instead of 1.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stuck in the game and I keep getting disconnected.

I'm bullshit right now because all I want to do is play. I got stuck in the wall of the submarine in Vasj'ir. It disconnected me and when I try to log in, I see my character for a millisecond and then it kicks me back out to the title screen.

I can't even file a complaint through the game... I had to do it through the website... I'm not going to be able to play with my main for days now!!!! :( :( :(

iammeiam

Bisnic said:
Dont skip the north STV quests. You'll miss the awesome "Control a baby raptor inside Zulgurub while using its abilities to avoid the trolls" quest!

Thanks for the advice, all. Pushed my way through the 7 remedy thing, and it's picked up a little. Baby raptor is at least cute. Still way, way too much focus on "go kill a lot of these things, then go kill a lot of these other things that are almost, but not quite, the same, then go kill more!" but, hey.

Magnus

Areas and music and visual design are beautiful.

Quest design is utter trash. The percentage of "Kill X mobs" or "Collect X bear asses" seems higher than ever. So fucking boring and awful.

WAKE ME UP. The most entertaining quest so far managed to be tossing bears from a tree into a trampoline or some shit. Or a semi-cool-looking (but ultimately shallow) boss fight jumping from ledge to ledge in Deepholm.

This is terrible.

Does it get better in Uldum or Twilight Highlands? I started Uldum and got bored to tears by the awful intro cinematic.

I'm about to begin the Therazane stuff in Deepholm (100 quests in). This better rule!

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
Listen man! Londa has seen videos of WoW from 6 years ago...she GETS IT already. WoW is shit compared to FFXIV!

:lol :lol :lol

LMAO! She's exactly the person I was thinking of in that thread. If she could get over her haters gonna hate on WoW because it's successful/I don't like to roll with the majority, then she'd be having more fun than she'd know what to do with. I've read so many of her comments that anyone with half a brain can tell she doesn't really enjoy FFXIV much. I think she just recently got level 20 in a class, and was attesting to real life being the reason she isn't playing much, but come the hell on. When a MMORPG is GOOD like WoW, or FFXI was back in the day for me, the time to play them just occurs due to your addiction and fun you are having.

It is really unfair to WoW though that players still think the game is what it is from so long ago. Vanilla to now is night to day, and the game waiting for people now could attune to the tastes of almost any kind of player.

El_TigroX said:
I'm stuck in the game and I keep getting disconnected.

I'm bullshit right now because all I want to do is play. I got stuck in the wall of the submarine in Vasj'ir. It disconnected me and when I try to log in, I see my character for a millisecond and then it kicks me back out to the title screen.

I can't even file a complaint through the game... I had to do it through the website... I'm not going to be able to play with my main for days now!!!! :( :( :(

Can you get logged in with a different character? I had a similar issue where I couldn't log into a character a few weeks ago, just submit a ticket about it from a different character and they can move the stuck one for you.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I wish blizzard would buff ground mounts in some way to make it actually worth using them instead of a flying mount, other than to show off a rare one or being forced to in BGs. Maybe make them instant cast.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
sykoex said:
I wish blizzard would buff ground mounts in some way to make it actually worth using them instead of a flying mount, other than to show off a rare one or being forced to in BGs. Maybe make them instant cast.

Well, they are useful inside that big monster in Vashjir. :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soul Fire is so good. I realize now I've been playing half a class before I got Soul Fire.

Shit dies like NOTHING.

Just finished Hyjal. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm 82. Hyjal was the first zone I went to. Guess I'll do that underwater zone that I really wanted to avoid next just so I can make the most gold at 85...

SUPARSTARX

ZombieSupaStar said:
85s already?

Level other characters, guild reps, heroics, raids, and not to mention there is likely more big content patches coming in.

Dresden

I can't believe that they made me care about the leveling zones. Wow.

I'm starting to feel apprehensive about letting my paladin rot at 80, though.

Well that went by much faster than I expected. I seem to remember 60-70 taking me at least a few weeks and I wasn't playing when WOTLK was released. I'm surprised the requirements for heroics are so low, you only need iLvl 322 to queue for random heroics and I ended up with an average iLvl of 319 from just questing.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
They were poopsocking raids in the Beta every week since the raids opened. They get no credit.

What I mean is I thought that grinding gear was going to be vastly more important now. The progression is supposed to be Rewards/Normals -> Heroics/vendor/crafted -> Raiding. I doubt they got all that done in such short amounts of time. That is what I'm disappointed about.

It shouldn't be a tedious grind for gear, but to stroll in and go 8/12 and say they then hit a gear cap is ridiculous.

SuperLurker said:
I'm surprised the requirements for heroics are so low, you only need iLvl 322 to queue for random heroics

Isn't it iLvl 329? I just hit that tonight and finally had the option to queue up random-h.

J-Rzez said:
Isn't it iLvl 329? I just hit that tonight and finally had the option to queue up random-h.

You're probably right, I just remember it was 320-something. Still, I imagine that 329 can be reached without ever stepping foot in a regular dungeon which kind of bugs me. I wish they would make you run the regular at least once before you could queue for the equivalent heroic.

Mazre

33maa6t.jpg

Productive night of surveying for me.

Angry Grimace

The tradeskill nodes were too dense in Deepholm and Twilight Highlands for Mining and Herbalism. Several have been removed.

/cry

J-Rzez said:
What I mean is I thought that grinding gear was going to be vastly more important now. The progression is supposed to be Rewards/Normals -> Heroics/vendor/crafted -> Raiding. I doubt they got all that done in such short amounts of time. That is what I'm disappointed about.

It shouldn't be a tedious grind for gear, but to stroll in and go 8/12 and say they then hit a gear cap is ridiculous.

You are dismissing the fact that Paragon is probably ten times more skilled than your guild.

Sai-kun

Banned
Man, I dunno which damn thread to post in. Whatever :lol

Being Alchemy/Engineering sucks at times like this. :lol

I hit 85 though, so I guess I can do all of Hyjal and make sick money

Rokam

First off, fuck this item level bullshit for LFD. Blizzard should take this system and shove it right back up where the idea came from*. Secondly got max Archaeology now working on trying to find Zin'Rokh. :(

*Their ass.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Kraftwerk said:
=/ im not too good at this computer tech stuff, but cant you use the integrated video card that the pc comes with for now?
I would, nut I don't have the slightest clue how to.

Just managed to fix it actually, took my pc apart and put it back together. Having to reinstall 7, but aside from that it boots fine.

Rokam

Sai-kun said:
Do you guys have any tips for being efficient/quick with archaeology?

Set hearth to IF, use the Blasted Lands portal in the Mystic area to get to the sites in the south. Just say on Eastern Kingdoms. Don't go way out of your way for just 1 dig site try to hold out till they're clumped together.

Deathwing just torched Uldum while I was in one of the chambers :(.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
DeathNote said:
anyone else have audio issues? NPC's sounds staticy for me

Nope, try messing with the hardware on/off setting in the audio options. Or quality, channels etc. and see if that works if you haven't already.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sai-kun said:
Do you guys have any tips for being efficient/quick with archaeology?
Rokam said:
Set hearth to IF, use the Blasted Lands portal in the Mystic area to get to the sites in the south. Just say on Eastern Kingdoms. Don't go way out of your way for just 1 dig site try to hold out till they're clumped together.
For Horde, I've found that setting the hearth to Undercity and using the Blasted Lands portal for north vs south is the way to go as well. If you're a Druid, you could also set your hearth to Thunder Bluff and teleport to Moonglade if you prefer to do it in Kalimdor. Making/buying a handful of Scroll of Recalls will also help immensely.

If you're a Mage.. well.. yeah.

I've just hooked my old 4:3 monitor up to my laptop and I'm going to spend the night flying around whilst watching films. Should be interesting to see how many points I'll skill up since I'm only at 10 points in Archaeology.

Meteorain

So I was making my recently dinged 85 DK run around gathering ores and herbs when I ran into that cave just outside Ogrimmar (yea yea, never levelled professions really before) when i randomly got buffed by a mob in there making me "Fel-Infused".

It gave me the demonology demon state! My Ghoul too!

20ijqzo.jpg

jsydxg.jpg

Sorry for the fail scr's. My minion refuse to move away more!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
xelios said:
Nope, try messing with the hardware on/off setting in the audio options. Or quality, channels etc. and see if that works if you haven't already.
I have, but they are the same as they were for years. Seems like a known issue with unique aspects.

markot

Banned
Powercast said:
Is there a portal or something to Tol Barad Peninsula so I can start doing dailies? Or queuing is the only way to access it?
I think the portals in the portal areas in org/sw take you there at any time.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm having fun with this game again. :(

I'm happy with my old onyx nether drake on my Warlock, but I hate not having a cool-ish mount on my mage. What's the easiest with the new expansions? Red drake?

My mage still has on Warlord's Regalia and someone stopped me and asked for a port today and said, "Cool gear." I think they were being facetious. :lol

Raide

xelios said:
That's cool.

My poor lvl 30 Troll Druid got murdered by Deathwing. Was levelling nice and quietly and the sky suddenly turned blood red. I thought "Oh, realtime day and night cycle" Until Deathwing did a drive-by and nuked me from orbit. World was on fire for ages!

Sai-kun

Banned
Powercast said:
Is there a portal or something to Tol Barad Peninsula so I can start doing dailies? Or queuing is the only way to access it?

Tol Barad is SO FUCKING COOL.

And the boss is pretty difficult. We got him down to about half HP with 1:15 left on enrage. So hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom