• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnakeswithLasers said:
At the beginning of stonecore are you supposed to focus dps on the gnome guy or on his elemental he summons? (On the first few pulls...)

He doesn't summon any elementals. Just kill the mobs first then attack him.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
The Jeweler's Settings still sell, but they usually sell in huge batches to the same casual with a shitload of money. You have to wait for a new mark to log on and it can take a while.
Yep. To paraphrase the old adage, there's a sucker logging on every minute. I can afford to post them on the AH because even selling one covers the expense of posting them all, and every day somebody new is playing for the first time.

Angry Grimace said:
I'd really love to just farm Zin'rokh if it weren't for the fact Archeology is apparently boring as shit.
It's awful, just as boring as Fishing but more involved. Boring + Involved = Tedium. I'd have much rather seen vases and stuff just lying around that you can gather like any other profession, and maybe have the survey thing used once in a while for more 'event'-like moments.

As it is, I expect once people get over all the flashy new shit and start looking at the smaller parts of Cata, there will be a ton of bitching. Whether Blizzard goes back and fixes it, or brings out that fucking obnoxious old "It's optional, you don't HAVE to do it, some people (read: three) enjoy it!" gem.

cdyhybrid said:
I've been a Horde lifer since WoW's early beta, but the Worgen starting area is making me reconsider...just an awesome vibe with the Worgen. Except for the females. Wish Worgen were Horde. Only race I'd like more would be Pandas :p
I'm actually extremely happy with Goblins. Their contemporary human-like technology aside (which is mostly confined to their starting area, their later towns all have that used/junk tinker look), it's nice seeing the little guys running around. They fit the Horde really well, much better than a bunch of wolves.

If you notice, the Horde hasn't been 'savage' in a long time. Even the trolls who were into cannibalism and sacrifice have cleaned up their act, as have the orcs since the Second War. I'd say the two nastiest races are the Undead and Worgen now, and I don't find their direct conflict in Cata to be accidental.

So Ive hit Outlands with my new Warlock, and even though I can fly everywhere now, im just not having as much fun. Whats the best way to level through Outlands?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go to Zangarmarsh at level 62.

Do dungeons so you don't have to deal with stupid "Kill x" quests.

Use destro.

(Outlands still is and forever will be a pain in the ass)

Sai-kun

Banned
You may call me...

qXmMV.jpg

PS the raptor is CUTE AS FUCK OMG :>

ampere

krypt0nian said:
Rumor has it that the dragon mount recipe for alchemy (Vial of the Sands) requires a rare archeology item, so i know what I'll be doing when I hit 85 today. Leveling archeology.
I just dropped 450 inscription because of that mount.

Too irresistible.

NIN90

Is the Tauren quest progression supposed to be so aimless past level 10 or did I miss something? I was wondering around aimlessly for like an hour before I tried flying to Ogrimmar and exiting through the south. That's where I found new quests for me.
The quests of the Undead and Night Elves were much more focused than this.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Sai-kun said:
You may call me...

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/qXmMV.jpg[/IMG]

PS the raptor is CUTE AS FUCK OMG :>
Ya I got the raptor mount a few days ago. It's awesome.

78BcF.jpg

I finally got to 85 yesterday and was happy to see that Tol Barad dailys force you to be on a ground mount, so now I have somewhere to show it off.

Twig

Banned
God you people weren't getting. That female worgen is disgusting. What the fuck is wrong why would you ever want to look at that?

Also, does anyone know if there's an option to make the "turn off display" button also turn off names of characters? It's annoying when that stuff stays on the screen and I'm trying to get a sweet screenshot. U:

Twig

Banned
There's an option there for what I'm talking about? I must be blind! O: I don't just want to turn them off period. I want my Alt+Z combo to turn them off WITH the interface. And then turn them back on when I'm done.

Also having that shitty "Press Alt+Z again to turn the interface back on" message pop up is almost as annoying as those names. Sometimes by the time that message is gone, the photo op is similarly gone. Any way to turn that off? >_>

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Twig said:
God you people weren't getting. That female worgen is disgusting. What the fuck is wrong why would you ever want to look at that?
I wonder the same thing with female Tauren. I'm guessing Blizzard wanted to give the Alliance a new "non-sexy" female to balance out with all the ugly horde females.

Halycon said:
Go to Zangarmarsh at level 62.

Do dungeons so you don't have to deal with stupid "Kill x" quests.

Use destro.

(Outlands still is and forever will be a pain in the ass)

Destruction really? Ive been using Demonology to level so far, and its worked out really well. Destro is my other spec though, so I will give it a shot.

Why do you recommend Destro over Demon ?

Im 62 now, I headed to Terokkar though, but I will head to Zangarmarsh if its better.

Twig

Banned
Haha I said "getting" instead of "kidding." Oops. u:
sykoex said:
I wonder the same thing with female Tauren. I'm guessing Blizzard wanted to give the Alliance a new "non-sexy" female to balance out with all the ugly horde females.
I meant more along the lines of "here is a wolf-woman and she is trying to be sexy" disgusting. Her torso is completely normal for a human and does nothing to give the impression that a hulking wolf-woman hybrid should.

WEREWOLVES. They're supposed to be badass motherfuckers (let's not talk about twilight). Blizzard you've ruined the best mythological creature. ):

At least Tauren female, while ugly cows, don't try to pretend they're attractive and fail miserably. They're just cows.

Also, whats are Destro's main spells to use? And whats the basic spell rotation? after 60 levels of 95% Demon spec, I dont really know how to play Destro at all, haha.

Rapstah

Nobiru said:
Also, whats are Destro's main spells to use? And whats the basic spell rotation? after 60 levels of 95% Demon spec, I dont really know how to play Destro at all, haha.
Immolate, conflagrate, chaos bolt, incinerate. Try casting Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate as soon as they're up but don't let Immolate drop. Incinerate is filler.

Haly

Demo hits really hard and fast, whereas with Destro you still have to rely a bit on dot and pet damage, which takes a while to build up. In terms of how fast things go down Demo is sort of a midpoint between afflic and destro.

My priority list is: Soul Burned Soulfire > Immolate > Conflagrate > Incinerate > Shadowburn

With Soul fire they usually don't last past the Incinerate. Without it I might have to cast two incinerates. I use my Imp for the Instant soul fire proc and because they usually die before my void walker even reaches them.

Rapstah said:
Immolate, conflagrate, chaos bolt, incinerate. Try casting Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate as soon as they're up but don't let Immolate drop. Incinerate is filler.

I dont have Chaos Bolt or Incinerate yet :(

Halycon said:
Demo hits really hard and fast, as Destro you still have to rely a bit on dot and pet damage, which takes a while to build up. In terms of how fast things go down Destro is sort of a midpoint between afflic and destro.

My priority list is: Soul Burned Soulfire > Immolate > Conflagrate > Incinerate > Shadowburn

With Soul fire they usually don't last past the Incinerate. Without it I might have to cast two incinerates. I use my Imp for the Instant soul fire proc and because they usually die before my void walker even reaches them.

After a few minutes Ive fallen into this same pattern, and its working out pretty well. I cant always Soul Burn a Soulfire, but since its the starting attack it doesnt matter much other than killing speed.

Ive been using my Imp right now as well, I like his stamina and damage. But with only single or double pulls right now im not really seeing much use from him, I just blow everything up.

Haly

He's for that little extra damage when they have a sliver of health left and you're too lazy to cast anything.

If mobs are bunched together he's good for finishing off a mob as you start soul firing the next one.

So I just race changed my Cow druid into a Troll. At Long last my Rivendare mount wont look stupid to use 4 years later!

Moonkins are so insane atm DPS wise when not disabled 1.2 second cast wraths that crit for 15-20K mixed in with some insta cast 40-60K starsurges are soooooooo good. Best part is I can spam all day and never run out of mana due to eclipse proc's but if I ever did then I can innervate for 50% back and keep going :D

Such a shame that caster leather so so damn hard to get. Only place to get a 333 IL belt was from that camel boss, took me around 20-30 runs just to see it drop/get. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Halycon said:
Demo hits really hard and fast, as Destro you still have to rely a bit on dot and pet damage, which takes a while to build up. In terms of how fast things go down Destro is sort of a midpoint between afflic and destro.

I think you need to edit this a little, think you got Demo & Destro mixed up in a few places. :lol

By the way, i love all the cutscenes they've put in the new zones.

Haly

Bisnic said:
I think you need to edit this a little, think you got Demo & Destro mixed up in a few places. :lol

By the way, i love all the cutscenes they've put in the new zones.
Woops :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Dunlop said:
I hear ya, I have to completely change my heal style for my holy priest whch used to be a druid wannabe (hots spec)..no a tank healer with the slow ass heal spell and fear casting anything else :p

I really don't see how it's changed.

Decision making when healing is pretty simple:

1) Is one player taking predictable damage, and do I have time to cast a big heal? Cast your big heal -> low mana cost per heal

2) Is one player taking a lot of damage? Cast small heals -> high mana cost, but fast heals

3) Are other players taking small amounts of damage, and do I not have time to heal them individually? HoTs.

4) Am I not able to keep up the main tank with small heals alone? HoT.

Now, I'm a fairly low level healer...but that's how I've always played it. Mana efficiency is pretty intuitive and straightforward. I facepalm so hard when I walk into a dungeon and the Shaman is just casting Healing Wave (I think...the fast and low mana cost one) and complains about being OOM.

"it's the lowest cost spell! why am I out of mana?"

Because it casts a lot faster and ends up taking a lot more mana over time, foolio.

85 druid y'all!

Maxed herbalism, and 3 pts away from maxing alchemy. Checking the loot tables to get a few drops so I qualify for heroics on the dungeon finder. Then lvling archeology in the downtimes. I'm just glad that the rush to 85 is over and I can go back to relaxing.

On another note, my guild reputation is mega bugged. I can earn xp for the guild up to the cap everyday, but my personal guild rep hasn't moved in days and I just realized it.

Alex

I don't think it's possible to OOM using healing wave, it's so cheap and it's not fast at all. Surge will drain that bar fast though and healing rain needs to used sparingly.

The new healing model is great though. It's like sanctioned downranking with proper values and structure for aoes, etc. I had read all of the philosophy changes and impressions on it before hand though so I didn't hit that brick wall of confusion that a lot of puggers probably did.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
TheExodu5 said:
I really don't see how it's changed.

Decision making when healing is pretty simple:

1) Is one player taking predictable damage, and do I have time to cast a big heal? Cast your big heal -> low mana cost per heal

2) Is one player taking a lot of damage? Cast small heals -> high mana cost, but fast heals

3) Are other players taking small amounts of damage, and do I not have time to heal them individually? HoTs.

4) Am I not able to keep up the main tank with small heals alone? HoT.

Now, I'm a fairly low level healer...but that's how I've always played it. Mana efficiency is pretty intuitive and straightforward. I facepalm so hard when I walk into a dungeon and the Shaman is just casting Healing Wave (I think...the fast and low mana cost one) and complains about being OOM.

"it's the lowest cost spell! why am I out of mana?"

Because it casts a lot faster and ends up taking a lot more mana over time, foolio.

Uh, it's almost impossible to run out of mana at end-game casting Healing Wave. It's our cheapest heal and has a long cast time, no one is running out of mana just casting Healing Wave, I promise you that. I've healed plenty of trash pulls using only HW spam and I've finished the fight with 100% mana.

I've been healing on my shaman and haven't had too much trouble, but I know why some people are. The best tip I can give to healers is: You can't heal morons. If people ignore mechanics, they will die. It's not the healers fault, it's not like WotLK where the healer can heal them through anything. If your party obeys mechanics, CC's, and plays smart healing is actually fairly easy most of the time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alex said:
I don't think it's possible to OOM using healing wave, it's so cheap and it's not fast at all. Surge will drain that bar fast though and healing rain needs to used sparingly.

The new healing model is great though. It's like sanctioned downranking with proper values and structure for aoes, etc. I had read all of the philosophy changes and impressions on it before hand though so I didn't hit that brick wall of confusion that a lot of puggers probably did.

I may have been confusing wave with surge.

Spire said:
Uh, it's almost impossible to run out of mana at end-game casting Healing Wave. It's our cheapest heal and has a long cast time, no one is running out of mana just casting Healing Wave, I promise you that. I've healed plenty of trash pulls using only HW spam and I've finished the fight with 100% mana.

Sorry, I was double confused here. What I was remembering with wave was Shamans not being able to heal through big pulls and boss fights while being full mana. Surely there must be a higher heal per second spell than wave? My argument basically was..."if our tank is dying and you're full mana, you're doing something wrong."

J-Rzez

Dark Simulacrum is the cat's ass. Flinging back 32k Shadowbolts at the caster or whoever you want is awesome.

SnakeswithLasers said:
At the beginning of stonecore are you supposed to focus dps on the gnome guy or on his elemental he summons? (On the first few pulls...)

The earthshapers are the guys you're talking about. We blow them up asap. If they change, we focus that. Then we went on milhouse. By then, our CC was up and have to focus on those dual wielding mobs that retard storm, and their debuff gets nasty if two spin on you. That's what we did in heroic mode at least.

Retro

Low Level BGs are populated entirely with Furry Rogues and Druids. Did a WSG earlier today and it was 4 dog-humping rogues (twinked appropriately), 3 furvert Druids, 2 dwarf shamans and a partridge in a pair tree... er.... yiffy Hunter.:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tol Barad sucks.

I've made a ton of money selling stuff now. Even the early 500+ blacksmithing stuff sells for over 1000g. Now I just need to farm more volatile fires. And then buy more recipes off that crazy dwarf in TH.

Dresden

Welp, I'm done with my worgen warlock. Was fun but I've lost all interest in it. Getting to see the old content redone was worth it though, some really amazing moments.

Picked up my 64 alt shaman, just flying around the old world mining stuff to get him all ready for leveling. Elemental leveling feels amazing and the random dungeon I did as resto was a snooze. I think I'll enjoy it.

AceBandage said:
LB tank. WG party when they're being stupid.
Clearcasting procs (You have the talent for CC when you use LB, right?!), cast HT on tank to refresh LB.
And for more intense fights, regrowth tank, Swiftmend, WG.
It took me a bit too, but it wasn't too hard to figure out what to use when.

And never use Nourish. It's useless now. HT is the same cast time and mana cost and does far more for you.

This couldnt be anymore WRONG

Nourish is 1500-1800 mana cost...

Healing Touch is 5k-5.5k.

Please lets try not spreading WRONG info. Nourish is needed for long fights. And if you have a group that moves fast.. you dont want to be drinking every second which you will be with spamming 5.5k heals. Also go read up on EJ.. they state Nourish needs to be part of the standard rotation and doesnt use a clearcast proc.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Managed to solo Magmus in Blackrock Depths today as a 57 Hunter, me and a rogue were inside the room, and the rogue aggroed the boss so the doors shut behind us locking our group out, the rogue soon died.

Lucky my trusty Ape Spud tanked that fire giant, with only me healing him with mend pet.

Dunlop

mana issue for priest (all healers?) is just insane.

I've changed to the most mana effiecient style for holy (renew tank, chakra, heal....) and I still having major problems. I'm making it through the fights but an generally OOM after using every tool available to me.

So playing a style I do not like (I have long cast times and loss of mobility) and to conserve mana and still having mana issue.....sad panda

Weenerz

Banned
I was totally into leveling all new toons on a new server, but fuck 58-80, it SUCKS compared to the "old" world. My goblin shaman is 74 atm, I might just deck him out before starting another.

markot

Banned
What lvl are you?

My priest is 83, done only a few instances, but its been fun so far >.< chakra + heal is pretty good to help conserve mana. I have run oom in tough fights, stupid hunters pulling extra mobs, but no wipes yet.

Spirit helps >.>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dunlop said:
mana issue for priest (all healers?) is just insane.

I've changed to the most mana effiecient style for holy (renew tank, chakra, heal....) and I still having major problems. I'm making it through the fights but an generally OOM after using every tool available to me.

So playing a style I do not like (I have long cast times and loss of mobility) and to conserve mana and still having mana issue.....sad panda
You have to spam Serenity on CD, apparently.

But don't worry, everyone is OOM all the time, it's not just you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
TheExodu5 said:
Fire From The Sky is perhaps the worst quest I've ever done in WoW.

Yeah, the quest is bugged at the moment, i nearly spent 15-20 minutes doing it because i couldnt kill half the guys i was targeting. And you need 100 of them! Apparently, the phase part of the quest is so bugged you share the same targets as everyone else who does the quest at the same time as you.

Rokam

Tip of the day: If you need volatile fire pick up fishing and go fish in the pools near Sulfuron Spire in Mount Hyjal. I've gotten so many fires and no one is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom