• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Deacan said:
Managed to solo Magmus in Blackrock Depths today as a 57 Hunter, me and a rogue were inside the room, and the rogue aggroed the boss so the doors shut behind us locking our group out, the rogue soon died.

Lucky my trusty Ape Spud tanked that fire giant, with only me healing him with mend pet.
Loved moments like these.

Rokam said:
Tip of the day: If you need volatile fire pick up fishing and go fish in the pools near Sulfuron Spire in Mount Hyjal. I've gotten so many fires and no one is here.
The place gets hit during peak hours on my server, but once the kids go to bed it's all there. I usually just sell 5 for 100g, which is good since each pool tends to give me 5-8 of them.

Infinity

Just finished the Mount Hyjal zone. Loved the story and boss fights, but as a protection paladin, there seemed to be fewer tank rewards as opposed to dps or healing. The balance seemed a bit off. Looking forward to the next zone though, hoping there will be better tank quest rewards.

Good cash from quests, etc, and I really appreciated the art direction.

Sullen

Please don't level as Destro. :lol It is by far the worst warlock leveling spec. I mean, I guess you can make the argument that warlocks in general level easily (they do, practically no down time) but Destro for leveling? Jesus. Even Demo for leveling is somewhat slow compared to Affliction, but at least it has the ability to solo really tough elites to offset that.

Retro

Anyone else getting odd bugs related to equipment placement on the character model? 2h weapons and shield seem to be worn on the hip now, which is very very strange-looking, especially for shields.

NIN90

Had my first Dungeon Finder experience as a tank and it went just as I expected.
Someone kept calling me names. :lol
It was quite amusing how seriously that someone took the game and I couldn't stop laughing at that miserable piece of life. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ugh, arch at level 321 and all i have to show for it is a bunch of grey crap,wind chimes, and the fossilized hatchling.

Rokam said:
Skill level 1, pools require no skill for 100% catch. :D
nice. does congestion lower the drop rate?

Blair

Banned
I always feel an impending sense of doom when i join a random dungeon and 4 guildies from a diff realm pop up along side me.

Even though top dps, bam your gone on their whim.

Dunlop

Angry Grimace said:
You have to spam Serenity on CD, apparently.

But don't worry, everyone is OOM all the time, it's not just you.

just noticed the 8% mana cost, that is awesome when you have squat for mana left :D I cannot seem to get Power Auras to detect when it is up.

Yeah I know we are all QQ'ing, Im adapting it is more that I do not find the chakra heal spec to be fun and there is not a snowballs chance that rolling hots is viable any more. C'est la vie I have no doubt it will be better with nicer gear. Currently mostly in blues and running just shy of 2k spirit after reforging

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Blair said:
I always feel an impending sense of doom when i join a random dungeon and 4 guildies from a diff realm pop up along side me.

Even though top dps, bam your gone on their whim.
People seriously do this? The fuck?

We had a semi-guild run through ICC 5mans to power someone who was 79 to 80 so he could do Cata content, and there was a Ret Paladin who tagged along for the ride. To think that the player might feel intimidated by the 4 of us slamming through the 3 dungeons makes me cringe and go "wha?"

People take this game too seriously and need to step outside for a breath of fresh air.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:

We had a semi-guild run through ICC 5mans to power someone who was 79 to 80 so he could do Cata content, and there was a Ret Paladin who tagged along for the ride. To think that the player might feel intimidated by the 4 of us slamming through the 3 dungeons makes me cringe and go "wha?"

People take this game too seriously and need to step outside for a breath of fresh air.
Keyword ICC 5 mans...

When you are doing harder content and run into any slight problem the non guildy is the first to go.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hit 85 tonight. Putting my wishlist together in AtlasLoot and getting tabards to get ready to hit up some Heroics and 10-mans when the guild gets up. So far only 3 of us have actually hit 85 :p

speedpop said:

Sometimes people are running through an instance looking to get a specific item for a guildie. If they think there's a chance you might roll on it they might boot you since you're just some random person from another server. It's happened to me before =/

Cindres said:
Hit 85 tonight. Putting my wishlist together in AtlasLoot and getting tabards to get ready to hit up some Heroics and 10-mans when the guild gets up. So far only 3 of us have actually hit 85 :p

For some reason I'm a few points below min for queueing the heroics so I need to do some work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can I repost my complaint here? Ok.

---

Retribution sucks SO MUCH now. It's making me lose my will to live.

You have to watch your Holy Power, Exorcism and Mastery procs, trinket, Avenging Wrath and Zealotry CDs, keep Inquisition up at all times, pay attention to the priority rotation... And the result is less DPS than most tanks are pulling nowadays. Meanwhile Arcane Mages are pulling awesome DPS with three different spells, one resource to manage and one CD.

Our Mastery sucks. We have no AoE. Inquisition is ridiculous. There are times when there is absolutely nothing to do, even if you follow your rotation perfectly, and the only thing we can do to increase our DPS is to pray as hard as we can for the RNG to give us Exorcism procs every 3 seconds.

Unfortunately we have to deal with completely retarded decisions like Templar's Verdict not refreshing Inquisition and Divine Storm sharing a cooldown with Crusader's Strike, and the fact that the only ability we have that really damages enemies is Exorcism. Templar's Verdict just isn't worth it, considering the build-up.

Rokam

Blizzard's idea to put limited quantity shit on vendors that you need to level professions is hands down the dumbest decision they've ever made.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retro said:
Anyone else getting odd bugs related to equipment placement on the character model? 2h weapons and shield seem to be worn on the hip now, which is very very strange-looking, especially for shields.
Probably have to wait for 4.0.8 for that to get fixed. My guess is they set some value wrong when designing all the new equipment or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dunlop said:
just noticed the 8% mana cost, that is awesome when you have squat for mana left :D I cannot seem to get Power Auras to detect when it is up.

Yeah I know we are all QQ'ing, Im adapting it is more that I do not find the chakra heal spec to be fun and there is not a snowballs chance that rolling hots is viable any more. C'est la vie I have no doubt it will be better with nicer gear. Currently mostly in blues and running just shy of 2k spirit after reforging
It should generally just be up every time it's CD is up, presuming you have the Heal chakra going.

PatzCU

Brazil said:

---

You have to watch your Holy Power, Exorcism and Mastery procs, trinket, Avenging Wrath and Zealotry CDs, keep Inquisition up at all times, pay attention to the priority rotation... And the result is less DPS than most tanks are pulling nowadays. Meanwhile Arcane Mages are pulling awesome DPS with three different spells, one resource to manage and one CD.

Our Mastery sucks. We have no AoE. Inquisition is ridiculous. There are times when there is absolutely nothing to do, even if you follow your rotation perfectly, and the only thing we can do to increase our DPS is to pray as hard as we can for the RNG to give us Exorcism procs every 3 seconds.

Unfortunately we have to deal with completely retarded decisions like Templar's Verdict not refreshing Inquisition and Divine Storm sharing a cooldown with Crusader's Strike, and the fact that the only ability we have that really damages enemies is Exorcism. Templar's Verdict just isn't worth it, considering the build-up.

Agreed 100% I've played a Paladin since BC launch and Ret is the worst its ever been. I appreciate Blizz trying to give Ret paladins some interesting mechanics with Holy Power and plenty of instant procs, but good god we have too many abilities now. They went too far with the inquisition thing. Trying to keep that up 100% of the time while managing zealotry, avenging wrath, AND holy power is just too much. It's not even fun anymore.

Holy on the other hand is AWESOME! Holy Radiance is an incredible spell.

I'll be leveling a Worgen hunter to get out my DPS kicks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thinking about buying a Belkin n52te but it isn't in stock at Amazon or Newegg.

Looks like I can buy it from belkin.com but I'm wondering if they are planning to discontinue them.

Maybe I should go with the Logitech G13. I want to use 100% thumb movement.

Entropia

No One Remembers
If Conceited can plug his webcast, I can plug my blog!

For any Elemental Shaman, here's a quick and dirty guide for gearing up as soon as you hit 85: http://elementalentropy.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/youre-85-now-to-get-into-heroics/ These are items you can get on your own (minus two) through rep grinds, quests and crafted.

Magnus said:
First heroic, Throne of Tides, healing. Man, tough stuff, but only about 10 wipes the whole run, lol. We got it.

Don't worry, once you get a bit more gear and people know what to do - it gets a LOT easier. It certainly does suck when you're going OOM really fast by healing people who don't move out of shit.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Brazil said:

---

Agreed. I think you should take a break on the ret paladin for a while if its really bothering you. It's clear that the spec has a lot of problems, so they should be fixed "soon".

markot

Banned
PatzCU said:
Does anyone know what options for Worgen are changeable in the barber shop? Facial Hair and Skin Color maybe?
Everything but the 'face' like most others.

And its weird, but for druids, the forms colour depends on the humans hair colour, so you need to get a cut while in human form to change it >.<

Jangocube

Banned
Man, Earthquake is an absolutely terrible spell.

Cast time, pitiful damage, unreliable proc, oh and one more thing...........

........the damn thing costs 12600 mana to cast! What the hell is up with it? It's a terrible aoe and it has no use in PvP nor PvE.

Damn Blizzard with their overnerfing of spells before they go live =(

Entropia

No One Remembers
Jangocube said:
Man, Earthquake is an absolutely terrible spell.

Cast time, pitiful damage, unreliable proc, oh and one more thing...........

........the damn thing costs 12600 mana to cast! What the hell is up with it? It's a terrible aoe and it has no use in PvP nor PvE.

Damn Blizzard with their overnerfing of spells before they go live =(

I love Blizzard.

Pre-Wrath Shaman: We want a CC, we're worthless in heroics!
Blizzard: Alright, here's Hex!
Wrath Heroics: AoE Fests.
Wrath Shaman: Hm, now we want an AoE. Hex is useless.
Blizzard: Alright, here's the new talent at the bottom of your tree - earthquake!! Oh, we're changing heroics to be a bit more challenging. CC is going to be needed, AoE spells are situational.
Shaman: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jangocube

Banned
Entropia said:
I love Blizzard.

Pre-Wrath Shaman: We want a CC, we're worthless in heroics!
Blizzard: Alright, here's Hex!
Wrath Heroics: AoE Fests.
Wrath Shaman: Hm, now we want an AoE. Hex is useless.
Blizzard: Alright, here's the new talent at the bottom of your tree - earthquake!! Oh, we're changing heroics to be a bit more challenging. CC is going to be needed, AoE spells are situational.
Shaman: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Awwww man, don't get me started with how Blizzard has handled Shaman changes since launch.

Bus shock anyone? :lol

Meteorain

Oh man, doing HC's at the moment is a nightmare. Took me approximately 3 hours to do Deadmines (did have lots of fun though, the instance is fucking awesome). This patch really has shown the difference between those who know how to play their class and those who don't (or even the game in general!).

So many people have absolutely no damn awareness of what is going on. Combined with the fact that so many people assume shit about what other classes can do with their terrible misinformation.

Myself and two fellow guildies entered a HC random as UH-DK, F-DK and SV-Hunter. The tank proceeds to say after a while we have absolutely no CC abilities and the idiot healer agrees with him. The Hunter alone has 2 CC's himself <_<

What really gets my goat though are idiot tanks who are conning the gear ilvl to get into HC's but are just not up to the job. It wastes so much time wiping and then having to kick em and wait for an equally stupid replacement.

I wish more of my fellow guildies would hit 85 and get geared because it's so much easier with people who have some semblance of intelligence.

Sullen said:
Please don't level as Destro. :lol It is by far the worst warlock leveling spec. I mean, I guess you can make the argument that warlocks in general level easily (they do, practically no down time) but Destro for leveling? Jesus. Even Demo for leveling is somewhat slow compared to Affliction, but at least it has the ability to solo really tough elites to offset that.

Sorry, but I think you're doing it wrong.

Destro at the moment is one of the faster specs to level as. I prefer the playstyle to Demo so I take it; although 54 is where it really takes off. You no longer have the old drawback of downtime due to lack of mana with stuff like Soul Harvest. However Affli at the moment is the slowest levelling spec considering how it got gimped.

Affli used to be the king shit leveling spec, but it just isn't anymore. Demo is really the way to go for most people; Felguard at lvl10 is just beast.

NameGenerated said:
Is leveling a Warrior as Prot a bad idea?

Nope, it's perfectly viable if you instance a lot. Also, you're hard as fuck and can pretty much solo anything whilst questing.

Chemo

Meteorain said:
What really gets my goat though are idiot tanks who are conning the gear ilvl to get into HC's but are just not up to the job. It wastes so much time wiping and then having to kick em and wait for an equally stupid replacement.

I wish more of my fellow guildies would hit 85 and get geared because it's so much easier with people who have some semblance of intelligence.
Maybe they're still learning?

I don't know, posts like this really bother me. I just started leveling a tank class for the first time ever a few weeks back, and I've been tanking dungeons like crazy and have only wiped a couple of times due to craziness beyond my control, but I am still just learning the class and how tanking works in general. Just because someone blows it doesn't mean they're a fucking idiot or a mouth breather, it just means they made a mistake. Helping those people is way cooler than scoffing and being generally annoyed at their existence... if I ever end up messing up in an instance -- and I'm SURE it will happen -- I certainly hope people are a little more tolerant.

Twig

Banned
Oh, don't worry, people in WoW are all assholes. You'll get blamed for everything that goes wrong, even if it's the shithead warlock or whatever who can't keep his DPS in check.

Then they'll kick you and the warlock will continue to be a shithead. So at least you can rest easy knowing they're still suffering and you're not!

The other guy who usually gets blamed: the healer.

e: the fuck does hc mean... heroic...what? WHAT'S THE C

my brain is pooping and now it's going to bug me until i knoooooow D:

Meteorain

Chemo said:
Maybe they're still learning?

I don't know, posts like this really bother me. I just started leveling a tank class for the first time ever a few weeks back, and I've been tanking dungeons like crazy and have only wiped a couple of times due to craziness beyond my control, but I am still just learning the class and how tanking works in general. Just because someone blows it doesn't mean they're a fucking idiot or a mouth breather, it just means they made a mistake. Helping those people is way cooler than scoffing and being generally annoyed at their existence... if I ever end up messing up in an instance -- and I'm SURE it will happen -- I certainly hope people are a little more tolerant.

No. I'm not talking about how they play.

I am commenting on the fact that they are not gearing properly to try and deal with the instance in their intended role. They are just taking any piece of high ilvl gear to push up that avg ilvl. These new heroics aren't particularly forgiving. You "need" a certain amount of gear. Otherwise you're going to get something like 3-shotted in a short burst that the healer cannot deal with.

I understand that everyone needs to learn. Fair enough. That's why multiple wipes happen. It's why we took 3hrs to do the HC Deadmines. What annoys me is the ignorance as I pointed out. Also, if you're learning how to tank, why would you start doing so in the heroic dungeons? You just annoy everyone and lose a lot of money fixing gear.

I wouldn't consider myself and elitist, but you have to set yourself a minimum level somewhere along the line.

Twig

Banned
Meteorain said:
No. I'm not talking about how they play.

I am commenting on the fact that they are not gearing properly to try and deal with the instance in their intended role.

They are just taking any piece of high ilvl gear to push up that avg ilvl. These new heroics aren't particularly forgiving.

I understand that everyone needs to learn. Fair enough. That's why multiple wipes happen.
Haha people actually do that. That amuses me.

I'd be too piss-worried about ruining other people's runs to try tanking a heroic without the right gear with my warrior. I suck at this game!

Dresden

New arena season starting soon. >_> I'm going to be so behind when I hit 85.

Leveled from 64 to 66 on my shaman just snoozing through dungeons as resto while mining in the downtime. Managed to get mining from 221 to 333. Got most of the levels mining Thorium in Winterspring. Ganked a few fools in Hellfire looking for fel iron, which made me smile. I'm almost out of rested XP though... ugh, time to quest. Can't wait to get out of Outland.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ding 44! Paladin Pals rule!
..and one warrior.

Going to tackle Badlands now, I just hope I'm not set upon by angry dwarves any time soon.

I hit 85 on Thursday and now I'm trying to level my professions on 4 toons. Two of my toons hit 81 just gathering.

Alchemy seems like the easiest to level. I'm at 519. I'm trying to level it to get the Truegold for my Engineer.

Engineering is a real pain in the ass. I need Truegold and and ton of hardened elementium which is a whole stack of ore and some earth motes. And most of what I have to make is total crap. 36 slot fishing bags? Who the fuck needs 36 slots for fishing and ONLY fishing? :lol Who would use such a thing? And who the hell would buy it off the AH? 'Cause I sure as hell am not using it.

Leatherworking is also a PITA because you need a ridiculous amount of leather. And then you have to buy the epic patterns with more leather. >_> I got it to 501 and I got the 130 agility bracer enchant which is real nice.

Jewelcrafting is just plain slow as hell. I got it to 510 and I think I have to take it to 525 by making blue gems which are green to me now. And I have to do the daily to get new patterns.

I do like that at least with LW, you can make rare versions of green patterns sort of like with the perfect gems in JC. And getting multiple points off 1 items is also pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom